Firearms Qualifications and Nootropics

THEstudent

Awards
I have firearms qualifications coming up very soon. It consists of day pistol(timed),day shotgun(timed),night pistol(no time),and night shotgun(no time). The qualifying score is 80 with shots from the 5,7,15,and 25 yard line. What is the best nootropic to take to quickly give me the most concentration and focus?

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I am currently using Millenium Sport Technology's Citruvol Elite. It contains beta alanine , which definitely helps with concentration and focus.

mattierocks

mattierocks

Awards
  • Established
Seems like Aggro from C&P would be something to consider for this type of application.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Almost any noot should help. I would think something like focus xt would work well as it'll have the focus factor as well as a little caffeine to give you a boost of energy. There's also caff free in case is too much or makes you shake.

Other option (or stacked) would be noopept xt. All noot, no stim

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Caffeine may be able to help as well, but likely more so if you're tired/fatigued/sleep-deprived or very cold
300mg caffeine given to healthy, military reservists (mean age 28 years) prior to a shooting session (low temperature of 26.6 Fahrenheit/-3 Celsius) weather was able to significantly reduce tiredness and cold discomfort compared to placebo.
An Error Occurred Setting Your User Cookie

200mg caffeine given to prior to simulated sentry duty was able to reduce errors in discriminating between friend and foe, and abolished the reduction in speed of target detection with time during the sessions without negatively impacting marksmanship.
https://www.ntis.gov/Search/Home/titleDetail/?abbr=ADA387188

If you get jittery/shaky with caffeine, then adding some theanine (~200mg) to your caffeine can help;
Given to undergraduate volunteers (18-34 years old), 150mg of caffeine in isolation improved reaction time, perceptions of fatigue, and rapid visual information processing. The addition of 250mg of L-theanine was able to preserve the above benefits of caffeine and improve alertness and further improve reaction time while reducing the ratings of headaches which were increased with caffeine in isolation.
The effects of L-theanine, caffeine and their combination on cognition and mood. - PubMed - NCBI

Given to healthy adults (mean age 28.3 years), 50mg of caffeine improved subjective alertness and accuracy on an attention-switching task. A combination of 50mg of caffeine and 100mg of l-theanine was able to improve accuracy and speed on an attention-switching task as well as reduce susceptibility to distracting information in a memory task.
The combined effects of L-theanine and caffeine on cognitive performance and mood. - PubMed - NCBI

As for choline bitartrate, take this study for what you want, as it is relevant;
A group of twenty-eight [healthy young] individuals ingested two grams of choline bitartrate or a placebo in two separate sessions. Seventy minutes post ingestion, participants performed a visuomotor aiming task in which they had to rapidly hit the centers of targets. Results showed that participants hit targets more centrally after choline supplementation. Pupil size (a cognition-sensitive biomarker) also significantly decreased after choline intake and correlated positively with the hit distance to the targets and the number of target misses, and negatively with reaction times. These findings point to a choline-induced bias towards action precision in the trade-off between speed and accuracy. The changes in pupil size suggest that choline uptake alters cholinergic functions in the nervous system...

We found that choline bitartrate administration improves visomotor performance and decreases pupil size of healthy humans. This is the first scientific evidence for a rapid change in the nervous system and behavior after choline ingestion, pointing at choline’s wide-ranging effects on cognition...

A particularly interesting observation from the present study was that individuals that were more effective (i.e., produced fewer misses) benefitted more from choline supplementation than less effective individuals. While this outcome pattern seems counterintuitive as one would expect more room for improvement in the less efficient individuals, we have observed similar patterns in other cognitive-enhancement interventions (e.g.,53). One possible explanation for such patterns might be that, at least in the cases being tested so far, the pre-interventional performance did not only reflect the current skill level but also the individual degree of short-term plasticity of the skill.
Improved human visuomotor performance and pupil constriction after choline supplementation in a placebo-controlled double-blind study

I pulled this from another thread;
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nootropics/273193-research-various-nootropics.html
You can give it a read to see if anything else in there interests you.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If Omniscienti was back in stock, i'd send you that way. But I'd think about getting noopept and combining that with citicholine, or any other choline source. And huperzine-A adds an extra kick as well to that combo.

THEstudent

Awards
Appreciate all the responses guys. I wish I could get some samples of these things to try out. I have to qualify twice a year so it wouldn't be something I would use all the time.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Appreciate all the responses guys. I wish I could get some samples of these things to try out. I have to qualify twice a year so it wouldn't be something I would use all the time.
pm mw1 and he can almost certainly hook you up with focus xt and noopept samples

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Kickstart7 Training Forum 10
Trauma1 General Chat 1036
Milspec General Chat 10
FL3X MAGNUM General Chat 87