Finasteride

Scrutiny

Awards
Hi,

Who here has used Finasteride and what effects did you have?

I have been having a receding hairline and having some hair loss prior to TRT (am only 27 years old) and it's continuing.

I've used topical lotions etc with a bit of improvement but not much.

I am a little scared of some of the horror stories out there from it but thought I would see who is on it nowadays and how you find Finasteride.

Thanks

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Used finasteride and am now on dutasteride. No issues with either.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I used finasteride 1mg for 7 years. I had the impression of not having any issue or side effect until last year when I started to have some voiding frequency issue (probably unrelated to finasteride) and after all exams and because the issue couldn’t be fixed I tried many things myself including stopping finasteride which normally is supposed to help with prostate related voiding issues. after few weeks of stopping finasteride I realized that I had side effects happening so slowly during these 7 years that I didn’t notice. Since I stopped my hard is harder than before, better libido, bigger semen volume, improved orgasm, better energy, better muscle tone. And my voiding issues improved (don’t know if this one is related to finasteride discontinuation)

Last edited:
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I used finasteride 1mg for 7 years. I had the impression of not having any issue or side effect until last year when I started to have some voiding frequency issue (probably unrelated to finasteride) and after all exams and because the issue couldn’t be fixed I tried many things myself including stopping finasteride which normally is supposed to help with prostate related voiding issues. after few weeks of stopping finasteride I realized that I had side effects happening so slowly during these 7 years that I didn’t notice. Since I stopped my hard is harder than before, better libido, bigger semen volume, improved orgasm, better energy, better muscle tone. And my voiding issues improved (don’t know if this one is related to finasteride discontinuation)
I have been using it for years, maybe I should take a break ??

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A lot of people have very negative experiences on finasteride, and some don't. I think it's better than dutasteride as it leaves you still with some DHT which you really need to feel good and keep your libido up, etc.

I actually found some topical finasteride 0.1% which you might be interested in trying instead of the oral version. It the amount is low enough to not effect you systematically but should be enough to cover the hairline and work on the DHT receptors specifically in the scalp. Send me a PM and I'll shoot you the name of the pharm where you can order it if you're interested.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have been using it for years, maybe I should take a break ??
You might want to consider a break from it. For me the onset of the side effects was so slow that it was hard to notice and it became as normal to me until when I stopped it. Are you experience any possible related side effect?

Dthcore

Dthcore

Awards
  • Established
Started with Finasteride, moved up to Dutasteride.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The Dr. just cancelled my Finasteride script?

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Did you ask him to do so, or he also starts to have doubts about it?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Did you ask him to do so, or he also starts to have doubts about it?

I'm not sure ? I went to get a refill and the Pharmacist told my Dr. had cancelled it, I will ask him why next time I see him.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You will see how you feel off finasteride. I started feeling normal again after like 1 month ans was since then improving month after month.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
We will see ??

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Something that could be of interest if you are discontinuing finasteride. Finasteride regardless of the dosage (1mg or 5mg) decreases PSA Value by 50%. So if you are checking your PSA you have to take this into account. PSA level will be doubled off finasteride vs on finasteride.

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
20+ year user. 1mg daily. It definitely has sexual sides. They are manageable but you need to be aware.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 12
Vitruvian Man Supplements 13
Anabolics 19
AdelV Supplements 14
35 and Older 1