Finasteride and minoxidil spray? Hair loss?

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
So going to be running mast and want a dht blocker. Saw this spray by himself. Looks like a finasteride and minoxidil in one spray.

Any thoughts on this stuff. Not gonna use oral finasteride so don't suggest that. Wondering if the same side effects come along in this spray.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I didn't know there was topical finasteride. the minoxodil I have is a foam

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Haven't used oral or topical Fin but supposedly topical Fin has less sides than oral, fwiw

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
my minoxodil says to apply it twice a day, might not want finasteride that often but not sure

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’ve seen studies showing topical finasteride has some systemic distribution. Systemic DHT reduction seems to be between 24-48%.

Last edited:

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been using topical fin with zero sides and all shedding stopped completely. I swore I'd never touch the stuff but all reports I read and studies showed no or very minimal sides with topical so I took a chance and have been pleasantly surprised.

CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Isn't Mastaron a DHT? If you run a DHT derivative along with a DHT blocker wouldn't they cancel each other out? Maybe I'm missing something but very confused.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes, but I assumed they were wanting to keep systemic DHT up, but only try and suppress the scalp DHT. The topical fin does this and is only supposed to have minimal systemic inhibition, but not sure enough is known about that.

CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yes, but I assumed they were wanting to keep systemic DHT up, but only try and suppress the scalp DHT. The topical fin does this and is only supposed to have minimal systemic inhibition, but not sure enough is known about that.
Oh I see. That does make a little more sense. I've heard the stories about finesteride giving people ED problems so I kind of figured it was systemic. I just read this and was curios. Think I'll shave my head before I'd mess with it personally but that's just me and I'm no young buck. LOL!

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Isn't Mastaron a DHT? If you run a DHT derivative along with a DHT blocker wouldn't they cancel each other out? Maybe I'm missing something but very confused.
I thought if you block the receptors then adding more could saturate them better but the receptors available could be saturated already.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The topical fin does this and is only supposed to have minimal systemic inhibition, but not sure enough is known about that.
well, not really if we believe the study I posted above.

Have you done blood work for DHT while on topical finasteride? I don’t know anybody using topical finasteride and would be interested to see some results.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
well, not really if we believe the study I posted above.

Have you done blood work for DHT while on topical finasteride? I don’t know anybody using topical finasteride and would be interested to see some results.
No because I don’t really care. I just know that it is having no effect on libido or ED and stopped further hair loss so I’m happy.