Finasteride and clomid togethor?

MidWestJack

MidWestJack

Awards
Hey guys,

I've been researching finasteride for my hairline for quite some time and I think I'm going to pull the trigger and get started on 1mg daily. I'm fully aware of the possible side effects and the only way to know is to try it yourself, everyones body is different.

My question is:
With finasteride blocking the conversion of test to dht making more readily available natural test in the body, resulting in a slight increase in testosterone, this will lead to more raised Estrogen along with it.
What if.....
I take clomid periodically (maybe cycles of 4 weeks at 25mg/50mg doses, every 4 months or so) ALONG with finasteride, never stopping it, to help regulate the raise in estrogen. I know this sounds pricey, time consuming, and may provide little benefit, but I wanted to see what everyone thinks about this.

I've ran a my sha sarm cycles over the course of 8 years, lgd, mk 2866, both along with mk677.
Its started to take a toll on my hair haha. Want to take a break for awhile or possibly never go back to sarms again and go straight into trt once my natural levels start to dip, pretty healthy production right now.

Thanks fellas

Justo_McGusto

Awards
I’ve been taking fin for about 3 months now and have since started taking clomid, about 6 weeks ago. Within the 6 weeks of taking clomid my testosterone almost DOUBLED, from 463 to 861, while on finesteride. Can’t say I can relate or answer the question about estrogen regulation, I’ve never taken steroids or anything. Stumbled across this forum when googling clomid, but at the least can say finasteride didn’t make clomid less effective.
Also the “side effects” with fin are pretty rare, like less than 2%, though a drop in semen is more likely. I’d stopped taking fin after over a year, along with an anxiety medicine I was on because I was getting ED side effects but wasn’t sure which drug. Come to find out that anxiety/anti depressant medicine had ED side effects in like almost 50% of users 😳 finally started taking fin again after over a year and being on a different anxiety medicine with much less side effects and have had no issues with fin side effects.

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’ve been taking fin for about 3 months now and have since started taking clomid, about 6 weeks ago. Within the 6 weeks of taking clomid my testosterone almost DOUBLED, from 463 to 861, while on finesteride. Can’t say I can relate or answer the question about estrogen regulation, I’ve never taken steroids or anything. Stumbled across this forum when googling clomid, but at the least can say finasteride didn’t make clomid less effective.
Also the “side effects” with fin are pretty rare, like less than 2%, though a drop in semen is more likely. I’d stopped taking fin after over a year, along with an anxiety medicine I was on because I was getting ED side effects but wasn’t sure which drug. Come to find out that anxiety/anti depressant medicine had ED side effects in like almost 50% of users 😳 finally started taking fin again after over a year and being on a different anxiety medicine with much less side effects and have had no issues with fin side effects.
Wouldnt extra testosterone translate to potentially more test on scalp and lead to more hair loss?

Justo_McGusto

Awards
Wouldnt extra testosterone translate to potentially more test on scalp and lead to more hair loss?
Not necessarily. The problem isn’t testosterone, it’s testosterone converting to DHT, which is what finasteride is blocking. Studies seem to indicate trt doesn’t have an effect on hair loss (with the exception of sometimes when you first start and your body is adjusting to a change in hormones, but that’s only temporary until you stabilize).

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Not necessarily. The problem isn’t testosterone, it’s testosterone converting to DHT, which is what finasteride is blocking. Studies seem to indicate trt doesn’t have an effect on hair loss (with the exception of sometimes when you first start and your body is adjusting to a change in hormones, but that’s only temporary until you stabilize).
Finasteride doesnt block all DHT though and yes sorry I left out the key point of saying more test=more DHT haha.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
careful about being on fin long term. I think it's really weird that dht is thought to prevent prostate cancer, yet I'm finding claims that fin is supposed to help with prostate cancer? its thought that dht plays some anti-inflammatory role. and inflammation causes cancer.

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
careful about being on fin long term. I think it's really weird that dht is thought to prevent prostate cancer, yet I'm finding claims that fin is supposed to help with prostate cancer? its thought that dht plays some anti-inflammatory role. and inflammation causes cancer.
I watched a podcast talking about inflammation and how it is so much worse than people think, he was talking about tomato's being really, really bad for people too haha

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I watched a podcast talking about inflammation and how it is so much worse than people think, he was talking about tomato's being really, really bad for people too haha
chronic inflammation will accelerate aging and increase chances of cancer mutation

Justo_McGusto

Awards
Where’d you see dht is thought to prevent prostate cancer? DHT increases the size of the prostate. Finasteride decreases the size of the prostate. Studies of fin vs placebos showed finasteride decreased the prevelance of prostate cancer by 25% vs the control group.

https://www.cancer.gov/news-events/cancer-currents-blog/2019/prostate-cancer-prevention-finasteride-parnes

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Where’d you see dht is thought to prevent prostate cancer? DHT increases the size of the prostate. Finasteride decreases the size of the prostate. Studies of fin vs placebos showed finasteride decreased the prevelance of prostate cancer by 25% vs the control group.

https://www.cancer.gov/news-events/cancer-currents-blog/2019/prostate-cancer-prevention-finasteride-parnes
this study says "helps growth". read this part:
"Some studies suggest blocking production of DHT in the prostate helps growth of the gland"

"On the other hand, DHT administration may shrink the prostate"

see this makes no sense. dht prevents growth but blocking dht prevents cancer

Last edited:

Justo_McGusto

Awards
this study says "helps growth". read this part:
"Some studies suggest blocking production of DHT in the prostate helps growth of the gland"

"On the other hand, DHT administration may shrink the prostate"

see this makes no sense. dht prevents growth but blocking dht prevents cancer

I re-read the article 3 times trying to find that “some studies suggest” quote, but didn’t see it. Maybe I missed it. Finasteride is FDA approved to treat/shrink enlarged prostates/BPH.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I re-read the article 3 times trying to find that “some studies suggest” quote, but didn’t see it. Maybe I missed it. Finasteride is FDA approved to treat/shrink enlarged prostates/BPH.
if you read the study I linked, dht gel shrinks your prostate too. so that's why I'm saying it doesn't make sense. my other point is that if DHT can shrink your prostate, blocking DHT for your whole body probably isn't a good idea long term.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
watch this for a better understanding of hair loss and DHT. there are scalp massages you can do to prevent hair loss and regain lost hair.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
while trying to find more studies I stumbled upon another hair loss treatment derived from gensing called gensinoside F2

MidWestJack

MidWestJack

Awards
So got my blood work back before starting.......
Test 223 ng/dl
Free test 38.1 pg/ml
Estrogen 153.3 pg/ml

I was really expecting My blood work not to be this bad. But here's my thought process a process I tried to ramp up my natural test to give it one last go before I get on the shot. And to do that i will continue taking finasteride And will introduce the chlomid every 6 weeks lile i mentioned.

VegMed

Awards
watch this for a better understanding of hair loss and DHT. there are scalp massages you can do to prevent hair loss and regain lost hair.

Dude thanks for sharing this. Watched the whole thing, going to his website and going to try this

MidWestJack

MidWestJack

Awards
Partial update:
Almost 7 months in taking 1mg of finasteride daily and I gotta say, wow. My physique has changed tremendously with about the same results as if I had been running 25mg of mk2866 for the same amount of time. Muscles are fuller, harder, bigger, belly fat is being overshadowed but my abs coming in. My diet really hasn't changed and my training regimate has pretty much stayed the same.

I know how early on it is but I think finasteride has raised my natural test production. No ED sides, me and the woman are as happy as ever. General feeling of wellness. Hair certianly hasn't gotten any worse, this early on is a good sign. Really surprised how different I look. Will get bloods done in another month

Justo_McGusto

Awards
Partial update:
Almost 7 months in taking 1mg of finasteride daily and I gotta say, wow. My physique has changed tremendously with about the same results as if I had been running 25mg of mk2866 for the same amount of time. Muscles are fuller, harder, bigger, belly fat is being overshadowed but my abs coming in. My diet really hasn't changed and my training regimate has pretty much stayed the same.

I know how early on it is but I think finasteride has raised my natural test production. No ED sides, me and the woman are as happy as ever. General feeling of wellness. Hair certianly hasn't gotten any worse, this early on is a good sign. Really surprised how different I look. Will get bloods done in another month
Are you taking clomid? I know your OP said you take it periodically for 3-4 weeks. I was on finasteride for a few months (I also took it for a year and a half, a few years ago but stopped due to potential side effects, which ended up being my anti anxiety ssri medicine, and didn’t notice any changes when I was on just fin for 18 months) when I first had my T tested, it was at 463. Urologist put me on clomid and after 6 weeks my T was up to 861. Not sure fin will do anything to affect testosterone, but Clomid obviously does.

MidWestJack

MidWestJack

Awards
Bloods update:

So my original bloodwork showed my test at 223 ng/dl. After exactly 3 months of 1mg fin daily, my test did a bunny hop up to 268. Not enough to consider that the fin had a great deal to do with it, but that maybe just that all the stars aligned for a good day to get bloodwork, good sleep good food the day before, ect.

Conclusion:
Finasteride has little effect on raising testosterone, although, my hair looks fuller! Hairline hasnt moved back but the density of my hair is certainly greater.

Im 31 years old and it looks like i have really harmed my natural test production with all ths sarms and hormones that i ran in the past. Im going to start 25mg clomid daily next week, well see how it goes after that. Will update in a couple months

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Regarding the discussion about DHT/Prostate the newer research is pointing to STEADY LEVELS be it high or low MAY be the issue and an undulating treatment of androgen blockers rotated with HIGH DOSE androgens may be the ticket.