FDA recalls ALRI Venom Hyperdrive 3.0

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
**** ALRI. Intentional or not, I somehow have ZERO reservations using AppNut or Millennium Sport products. Not a doubt in my mind this will never be a problem with those companies.

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
i've sent them an email asking how they expect me to return a bottle of the said product back to them from new zealand? i pay for freight?? what about a refund?? not to mention the other empty bottle i had??

i don't expect to hear back from them :nutkick:
i received a reply and was even thanked - "Thank you for your continued support and interest in ALR Industries"

it seems to be a stock standard letter as no questions i had were even answered. i have replied to the email with further questions.

Attachments

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
My review for the original Venom is still on Nulk Butrition. It had some very awkward and severe side effects from it.
Yeah, I suffered with side effects from the original Venom as well. It was a fantastic appetite suppressant but with side effects like sleeplessness, lack of libido, difficulty in getting/maintaining an erection and depression it just wasn't worth it.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, I suffered with side effects from the original Venom as well. It was a fantastic appetite suppressant but with side effects like sleeplessness, lack of libido, difficulty in getting/maintaining an erection and depression it just wasn't worth it.
sounds like crystal meth

tmachovec

tmachovec

Awards
I found this on some lawyer site.. http://www.onlinelawyersource.com/meridia/index.html

Meridia
Meridia has now been associated with 29 deaths, including 19 due to adverse cardiovascular effects. The diet drug was first approved in 1997, one year after the FDA advisory committee voted 5-4 that the benefits of Meridia did not outweigh the risks. Meridia had received a review from an FDA medical officer concluding that a non-approval was recommended due to the significant increase in blood pressure and heart rate in many people.

Until this March, Meridia appeared to be a total success to Abbott Laboratories, the drug’s maker. Meridia is found in 70 countries and has been used by 8.5 million people worldwide. But the sales success of Meridia has turned into a safety question. After two cardiovascular deaths occurred in Italy, the use of Meridia was suspended so that a safety review could be performed. This Meridia suspension in Italy was the first country movement to investigate the safety of the weight loss pill that led to a Europe-wide review of the drug.

France and Great Britain have had a total of 103 serious Meridia side effects reported, including the deaths of two people in Great Britain. The worldwide reports of potentially life threatening adverse effects has prompted the consumer advocacy group Public Citizen to file a petition to the FDA for the immediate ban of Meridia. Abbott Laboratories continues to dispute Public Citizen’s petition, claiming the diet drug Meridia, despite any risk associated to the drug, is an overall aid to the risk that any obese person has.

Studies performed on the diet drug Meridia show that there is an average 6.5 lbs lost in a year’s time, and during the second year the majority of people regain the weight and gain the entire weight back if stopping drug use. While Abbott claims that any weight loss Meridia can provide an obese patient would be expected to decrease the risk of heart disease and death, Sidney Wolfe of Public Citizen claims, “There is no evidence that this drug has prolonged the life of a single patient, or reduced the risks of strokes or heart attacks tied to obesity,” (WebMD, 3-22-02).

Meridia Side Effects

The difference in reported adverse Meridia side effects verses the real number of Meridia side effects is estimated to be tenfold higher. The FDA is currently reviewing the safety implications that have been associated with Meridia in response to Public Citizen’s petition. Public Citizen has petitioned for the removal of four other FDA approved drugs since 1996 and three of the drugs ended up being banned and one severely restricted. The end of March introduced the first lawsuits against Abbott on behalf of Meridia patients.

Defective Drugs Breaking News
"Study shows weight loss drugs ineffective when used alone"
Meridia is just one of two weight-loss drugs currently approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, but some experts have questioned the drug''s effectiveness. Although the formula of improved diet and exercise is a known way to achieve weight lo...
» Read More

"OTC, Prescription or Herbal Supplements Can Cause Secondary Hypertension"
The August 2004 issue of Mayo Clinic Health Letter discusses secondary hypertension, a less common high blood pressure that can occur and leave suddenly. People are surprised after years of following healthy diets, exercise and relaxation technique...
» Read More

"Meridia Still Available in the Absence of Safe, Effective Weight Loss Pills"
There are 120 million overweight or obese Americans, and this rate continues to escalate. Weight problems increase risk of cancers, diabetes, and heart disease, and over the past five years the number of Americans diagnosed with diabetes has increased ...

Redeemer

Awards
This is truly disappointing. Another good product bites the dust.