Favorite gainer/meal replacement

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What’s your favorite gainer/meal replacement? I don’t normally like stupid high calorie gainers because they usually aren’t very clean and I like quality ingredients. I like MHP up your mass (660cal) with 16oz of milk for about 950cal. If I don’t want extra creatine I like Animal meal a lot, good quality ingredients. What’s your favorites?

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
When I used to use gainer shakes in college, MHP Up Your Mass was my favorite as well. Now I just make my own and save a bit of money. I typically do 12-16oz milk, 1-2 scoops of whey, 1tbsp of PB, and 1/2 to 1 cup of oats. Depending on calories I'll add in honey too.

I've found making your own to be much cheaper, and since you make it you can control what you put into it and make it work perfectly for your macros.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yep Up Your Mass was my go to in terms of mass gainers as well. But now I just increase my calories with whole food rather than shakes.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Make your own mass gainer. I have never used a mass gainer because it’s expensive and causes bloating. That’s being said, Transparent Labs has a good gainer. Check it out. It is expensive though.

soxbsbll05

soxbsbll05

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I am not a huge fan of mass gainers but since I work in the city now and have a lot of travel, I am using one this year for my bulk. My vote goes to iForce Mass Gainz. Tastes delicious and the carbs are made from real food instead of straight sugar like most gainers.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I liked the flavor of RedCon1 version. I honestly don’t use them and have never purchased one, but of the few I have tried that is the best flavored.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What’s your favorite gainer/meal replacement? I don’t normally like stupid high calorie gainers because they usually aren’t very clean and I like quality ingredients. I like MHP up your mass (660cal) with 16oz of milk for about 950cal. If I don’t want extra creatine I like Animal meal a lot, good quality ingredients. What’s your favorites?
There is no such thing as them not being clean, unless you drop your powder on the ground and then use that.

Even when I was into Mass Gainers, I would always make my own. I can make it taste how I want it top taste, add in whatever ingredients I want to add, control the macros and calories is great too. Not to mention, making your own is way cheaper. Sure, it may take an extra 3 minutes to put everything in a blender and blend it up, but that is worth the savings to me.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
iforce mass gainz has been my favorite in the past....I haven't kept up since I don't really use any mass gainers anymore but that was the first one I saw that just wasn't all sugar and chunk to make up the calories

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I make my own. 100% whey, peanut butter, Greek yogurt, whole milk, 2 fruits, oats and ice.

For taste, replace yogurt with ice cream lol