brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What are your favorite BCAA flavors?

Do you prefer sweet or tart or even non flavored?
What brands are your favorite and why?

Personally I like the tart ones like lemonade.

Yes. This is market research and may play a part in new product flavors ;)

joonp

Awards
If i had a choice i would want the same flavors as my protein drink. Kinda tastes like **** when you got a bunch of different flavors mixed together

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If i had a choice i would want the same flavors as my protein drink. Kinda tastes like **** when you got a bunch of different flavors mixed together
So your saying you would prefer like a vanilla or chocolate?
Def wouldnt like mixing fruity and chocolate ;)

Do you mix BCAAs into your protein powder or drink them separate?

joonp

Awards
I drink bcaa and protein shake before every workout. So if your selling protein powder sell the bcaa in the same flavor so they mix well.

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
For me, I like fruit flavors but they can't be too sweet. If I drink anything with too much sweetness, it makes me sick to my stomach.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For me, I like fruit flavors but they can't be too sweet. If I drink anything with too much sweetness, it makes me sick to my stomach.
Im the same way I cant do the ultrasweet flavor mixes.
I dont mind moderately sweet with a little tart. There was a mango margarita BCAA I had once. I cant remember the brand. It was sooooo good.
I went through the bottle in a few days.

Fat2fit2017

Fat2fit2017

Awards
I'm on a Ghost kick right now.. Their Fruit Punch is fantastic. Just picked up the Blue Razz today, can't wait to bro punch this seal.

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Im the same way I cant do the ultrasweet flavor mixes.
I dont mind moderately sweet with a little tart. There was a mango margarita BCAA I had once. I cant remember the brand. It was sooooo good.
I went through the bottle in a few days.
I like the Ergo BCAA's - they make a blue raspberry and a pineapple. Both are good, I still end up doing like 3/4 scoop in a full shaker, though.

EVL, RSP both make good aminos. Light flavors....

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
also, just realized I've been calling you "brunell" for weeks....

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Xtend perform black cherry
Xtend blood orange
Ghost blue raspberry
Purple wrath cotton candy (even though it's eaa)
Cellucor tropical splash beta bcaa
Modern bcaa green apple
Cherry lemonade in kaged

Beta

Awards
  • Established
Xtend blood orange is great. Also a fan of strawberry or lemon flavors in general.

I often use flavored BCAAs as the cure to my sweet tooth at night when I'm on a cut, so personally flavored > unflavored. But I def see a market for unflavored.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have blood orange Im testing currently and its amazing.

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
Are you going to release a video soon involving dixie cups?

Apsmith4992

Apsmith4992

Awards
  • Established
BCAA apocalypse by mmx blue raspberry so tasty

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So your saying you would prefer like a vanilla or chocolate?
Def wouldnt like mixing fruity and chocolate ;)

You could try doing a Fruit range and a Treats range too?

Do you mix BCAAs into your protein powder or drink them separate?
I drink bcaa and protein shake before every workout. So if your selling protein powder sell the bcaa in the same flavor so they mix well.
Optimum Nutrition bought out the Cafe Series flavours of Amino Energy and they're some of the best Amino's/BCAA drinks I've ever tasted.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Green Apple Candy
Snow Cone
Rocket Pop
Sweet Tea

I want to try a sour gummie one.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I loved the cotton candy purple wrath. That was my fav flavor.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I agree with this completely. Some of them are even more extreme than others and it just baffles my mind.
The only ones I have liked or will buy are..

USP Labs Modern BCAA
Myokem M-Torr Pro

I seem to recall PES Amino IV was nice too, but I have not purchased that since they downgraded the formula (IMO)

These are all very much on the mild side for sweetness and flavor, yet any unwanted taste from the actual ingredients are very well masked.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I agree with this completely. Some of them are even more extreme than others and it just baffles my mind.
The only ones I have liked or will buy are..

USP Labs Modern BCAA
Myokem M-Torr Pro

I seem to recall PES Amino IV was nice too, but I have not purchased that since they downgraded the formula (IMO)

These are all very much on the mild side for sweetness and flavor, yet any unwanted taste from the actual ingredients are very well masked.
You forgot core ABC no artificial sweeteners

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I do like variety, so I basically stick to Xtend and choose a different flavor each time. I even like grape :) and their flavoring is strong enough to still have a good taste after mixing it with a carb source.

primolift00

Awards
  • Established
Xtend perform black cherry
Xtend blood orange
Ghost blue raspberry
Purple wrath cotton candy (even though it's eaa)
Cellucor tropical splash beta bcaa
Modern bcaa green apple
Cherry lemonade in kaged
Brundel,
Have you considered doing a eaa mix? So many good bcaa products on the market. Not nearly as many good eaa products

I like the Xtend mango nectar.

Og xtend watermelon may be my favorite tasting supplement ever.

Modern bcaa blue raspberry also great

primolift00

Awards
  • Established
Xtend blood orange is great. Also a fan of strawberry or lemon flavors in general.

I often use flavored BCAAs as the cure to my sweet tooth at night when I'm on a cut, so personally flavored > unflavored. But I def see a market for unflavored.
Brundel, from my experience with blr (always awesome) I have faith you will knock this out of the park, but noting people love xtend blood orange. May be difficult to break in with that flavor.

Beta

Awards
  • Established
Brundel, from my experience with blr (always awesome) I have faith you will knock this out of the park, but noting people love xtend blood orange. May be difficult to break in with that flavor.
While that is something to note, I don't see that as a material or deciding factor in the decision to do a blood orange flavor.
Furthermore, I believe Brundel noted that his product will have novel ingredient(s) in addition to the standard BCAAs in another thread, which will serve to differentiate his product. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
While that is something to note, I don't see that as a material or deciding factor in the decision to do a blood orange flavor.
Furthermore, I believe Brundel noted that his product will have novel ingredient(s) in addition to the standard BCAAs in another thread, which will serve to differentiate his product. (Correct me if I'm wrong)
brundel from a customer's perspective, I don't like BCAA's with caffeine added. I always use a preworkout which will have caffeine, so wouldn't want to double up. Having a caffeinated version can be good, I usually have a tub on the shelf in case I need a quick boost before hockey etc - but most of the amino's I have bought do not contain caffeine.

Agmatine - I love having ~500mg in my BCAA for intraworkout. Its cheap and effective and will increase pumps. Again, as most of my preworkouts contain ingredients for "pumps", I don't think I'd look for something with a full dose.

Beta Alanine - could be a cool addition

ALCAR - would be great, or anything else for focus

danielmoo

danielmoo

Awards
  • Established
HyperAmino Southern Sweet Tea... sooo good. #2 would probably be Scivation Xtend Blood Orange

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
One of the things that is different about ours is source.
We are not using normal bcaas. Im not sure if most people know this but traditional bcaas are sourced mostly from duck feathers and in some cases human hair which neither is exactly enticing.
We are using vegan sourced bcaas.
No dyes
Artificial color
Artificial flavor
Artificial sweetener
Etc

So for starters there is no hair or bird feathers or animal hooves in our products. The bcaas are much more expensive
The sweeteners are much more expensive.
We will make...almosg nothing per bottle.

But you guys will have ultra high grade bcaas with no artifical garbage in them.

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
One of the things that is different about ours is source.
We are not using normal bcaas. Im not sure if most people know this but traditional bcaas are sourced mostly from duck feathers and in some cases human hair which neither is exactly enticing.
We are using vegan sourced bcaas.
No dyes
Artificial color
Artificial flavor
Artificial sweetener
Etc

So for starters there is no hair or bird feathers or animal hooves in our products. The bcaas are much more expensive
The sweeteners are much more expensive.
We will make...almosg nothing per bottle.

But you guys will have ultra high grade bcaas with no artifical garbage in them.
When i learned about the feathers thing, it made it a little hard to drink Leucine as regularly as I do lol

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
These days I'm switching between Formutech Endurance and 360cut aminos. The flavors are great and some have the addition of energy supps.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
I'd say for the most part I perfer tart over sweet. However, the southern sweet tea flavors have been killing it with Endurance and Off The Chain.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When i learned about the feathers thing, it made it a little hard to drink Leucine as regularly as I do lol
Yah nasty.
But not to worry. We will be making fermented, unflavored BCAAs, Leucine and flavored BCAAs available though our site.
Highest quality available. No crap artificial ingredients or human remains lol.

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yah nasty.
But not to worry. We will be making fermented, unflavored BCAAs, Leucine and flavored BCAAs available though our site.
Highest quality available. No crap artificial ingredients or human remains lol.
I think I'll just start blending my body hair LOL

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
I'd be interested in your product as I have been trying to slowly eliminate animal based foods

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd be interested in your product as I have been trying to slowly eliminate animal based foods
Yah there is no reason (except cost to the manufacturer) for you guys or anyone to be eating that garbage.
Im gonna do my very best to deliver the highest quality BCAAs and such available.
Working on getting the Unflavored stuff done quickly so there is at least that option while we work on the flavored versions.

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
Yah there is no reason (except cost to the manufacturer) for you guys or anyone to be eating that garbage.
Im gonna do my very best to deliver the highest quality BCAAs and such available.
Working on getting the Unflavored stuff done quickly so there is at least that option while we work on the flavored versions.
I like your style

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
At least in Europe, you can get fermented Bcaas almost everywhere, with and without flavor. A lot of bulk suppliers offer it for a very reasonable price as well

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Tarts lemonades and utilizing different fruits could be a stellar hit.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Brundel,
Have you considered doing a eaa mix? So many good bcaa products on the market. Not nearly as many good eaa products

I like the Xtend mango nectar.

Og xtend watermelon may be my favorite tasting supplement ever.

Modern bcaa blue raspberry also great
Yeah, I would only buy if it contained both BCAAs and EAAs. Also by adding a performance ingredient will help to set you apart (similar peak02).

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I would only buy if it contained both BCAAs and EAAs. Also by adding a performance ingredient will help to set you apart (similar peak02).
Yep, agreed, I think he mentioned it be different...lets see what he delivers, cant wait to see the final ingredients label at least.. new packing also I assume..

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Bcaa flavors: sweet tea, orange, sour lemon candy
I prefer sweet, but not to sweet
I use Iforce Nutrition, Aps nutrition and Formutech Nutrition bcaa's. These seem to work well for me. I like their tastes. I feel I am not as lethargic towards the end of my training while using them.