Experience with Cardarine (GW501516)?

csline

csline

Awards
  • Established
Not an anabolic or even a SARM so figured this was the correct spot...

But anyways. Anyone have experience with Cardarine? Anyone tried it? Heard stories?

Was looking at either Primeval Labs or Enhanced Athlete.

Konoby52

Konoby52

Awards
What is your goal? And I am a firm believer in enhanced athlete products.

csline

csline

Awards
  • Established
What is your goal? And I am a firm believer in enhanced athlete products.
Theres a 6 month training camp thing I have to go to. Lots of physical endurance work. I'm in pretty good shape as it is, but thought it might be fun to use this as an edge. First 2 months are intense work and it tapers down after that. So thought about running for 6-8 weeks.

Curious what it's like coming off it though.

Konoby52

Konoby52

Awards
I am a firm believer in ostarine, minimal side affects, you can run it for 8 weeks and you can use for bulking but is excellent for recomp.

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
I've ran cardarine several times. Not sure why the industry groups it as a sarm, lol not even close to a sarm! I enjoyed running it. It drastically improved my lipid profile. I notice modest improvements in endurance, but nothing AMAZING by any means. Also has the added bonus of lowering blood sugar levels.

csline

csline

Awards
  • Established
I've ran cardarine several times. Not sure why the industry groups it as a sarm, lol not even close to a sarm! I enjoyed running it. It drastically improved my lipid profile. I notice modest improvements in endurance, but nothing AMAZING by any means. Also has the added bonus of lowering blood sugar levels.
Any instances of low blood sugar? I'm actually a type 1 diabetic so I'm a bit concerned with this effect. I have an insulin pump and a monitor that continuously monitors blood sugar, so I actually have very tight control over it, but exercise lowers blood sugar as it is and last thing I want to happen is to be doing an intense hour workout and start crashing...

With any new sup or especially PH I monitor blood sugar VERY closely. Most are completely fine. OxyElite pro by USP Labs back in like 2009/2010 cause me to go super hyperglycemic and made it hard to predict. So I stopped taking it after like 1 week.

With the fear of cardarine making me hypoglycemic, I may just opt not to try. Going low is dangerous!!!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I use it at 15mg pre-cardio (only on days I play ball for like 2 hours; not general cardio in the gym). Stacked with CardioTryx and usually a tab of bronkaid. Good stuff.

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
Imo it doesn't lower it drastically by any means, I'd do some searching for blood test results maybe to see. I know I read a few logs of people who were taking metformin + cardarine who felt hypo, but again that's just anecdotal. I'm definitely scared of hypoglycemia, I generally try to steer clear of altering my blood sugar too much in either direction.

csline

csline

Awards
  • Established
I use it at 15mg pre-cardio (only on days I play ball for like 2 hours; not general cardio in the gym). Stacked with CardioTryx and usually a tab of bronkaid. Good stuff.
So taking just intermittently like on training days only works fine?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So taking just intermittently like on training days only works fine?
For a marginal endurance boost, anecdotally it does for me.

I've ran it for 4-8 weeks in the past, but now I just like to utilize it (and make it last longer) on those long cardio sessions. Same for CTryx.

I just feel like I utilize enough other stuff on every other day that I don't need it.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
OP, are you aware of the possible downsides? Do a search - a lot has been written. I'd also say that it wasn't in use as a dietary supplement before 1994, and isn't found in nature - so to the Anabolics Section we go! :D

jt75

jt75

Awards
  • Established
Don't start this cancer **** again and scaring people. Mice were fed around 100 times the human dose for 24 months straight and gsk dropped production.
People are gonna take it anyway including me starting from tomorrow and I'm looking forward to running it with fd2. Looking forward to lowering my total cholesterol and leaning out a bit due to having more endurance for cardio days

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Little to no downside with Cardarine, i've not seen anything empirical that would lead me to be concerned with pathology.

I've used 2 bottles from OL, didn't notice much even when i ran it at high dosages. The higher i went i did see an endurance increase and maybe some mildly enhanced fat loss... but that's a stretch. My issue lies in the price. I bought 2 bottles when it was 50% off, so that was justification. If i had to pay full price for Cardarine i wouldn't. As far as athletic performance enhancers go, i don't rate it too highly. If you have money to blow, give it a try at 20mg or so.

jt75

jt75

Awards
  • Established
Capped version nowhere near as good as liquid,UK suppliers doing >99% purity liquid with 50 days supply @ 10mg per day which should do the job

Dersu86

Awards
Which athletic enhancers would you reccomend as far as endurance goes?

fitfreak_CP

fitfreak_CP

Awards
I have had great experience with using the cardarine and have a great source for high quality SARMS and other products such as sr90009 which is like cardarine etc. I have only used cardarine, rad, and mk and right now stacking cardarine and mk: I love the recovery with the cardio aspect and cardarine helps lower cholesterol as well. Only issue I have noticed is being a little flat. Anyone else experience this?

jt75

jt75

Awards
  • Established
I have had great experience with using the cardarine and have a great source for high quality SARMS and other products such as sr90009 which is like cardarine etc. I have only used cardarine, rad, and mk and right now stacking cardarine and mk: I love the recovery with the cardio aspect and cardarine helps lower cholesterol as well. Only issue I have noticed is being a little flat. Anyone else experience this?
Flat as in deflated muscles and not full?
I thought cardarine helped with storing glycogen, hope so anyway cos I'm starting a liquid version today.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Don't start this cancer **** again and scaring people. Mice were fed around 100 times the human dose for 24 months straight and gsk dropped production.
People are gonna take it anyway including me starting from tomorrow and I'm looking forward to running it with fd2. Looking forward to lowering my total cholesterol and leaning out a bit due to having more endurance for cardio days
You're wrong on the dosing, the female rats received 3mg/kg and had adverse effects, but correct on the time frame: 104 weeks. That works out to 39.4mg for a 180lb guy. Yeah, why tell both sides of an issue - that's just crazy talk. And why are all you guys micro-dosing this stuff? You should be using what the study used, no?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2706130/

Exercise training and drug treatment

Male C57B/6J Mice (8 wks old) were randomly divided into 4 cohorts comprising (i) vehicle-treated & sedentary (V), (ii) GW1516-treated & sedentary (GW), (iii) vehicle-treated & exercise trained (Tr) and (iv) GW1516-treated & exercise trained (Tr+GW) (N=9). Mice in all groups were acclimated to moderate treadmill running (10 m/min for 15 min) every other day for 1 week. After acclimation, basal running endurances for the 4 groups were determined using a treadmill running test, where the speed was gradually increased from 0 to 15 m/min and then maintained constant until exhaustion (Week 0). Following the initial test, the mice in the exercise groups were subjected to 4 weeks (5 days/week) of exercise training. The mice were trained on a treadmill inclined at 5 degrees, with progressively increasing intensity and time. At the end of 4 weeks, all exercise-trained mice were running for 50 min/day at 18 m/min. During the 4 weeks, mice from both the sedentary and trained groups were either treated with vehicle or GW1516 (5 mg/kg/day). At the end of the drug treatment and/or training protocol (Week 5) 6 mice per group were subjected to the running test. Three mice in each group were not subjected to treadmill test to confirm that changes observed in the skeletal muscle were not due to the acute run, but related to the exercise training. It should be noted that the above interventions do not affect body weight and food intake in mice (data not shown).

In another study, male C57B/6J mice (8 wks old) were treated with GW1516 (5 mg/kg/day, oral gavage), AICAR (250 mg/kg/day, i.p.) or the combination of the two drugs for 6 days for gene expression analysis. Additionally, C57B/6J mice (8 wks old) were also treated with AICAR (500mg/kg/day, i.p.) for 4 weeks for treadmill running tests.
5mg/kg (Mouse) * 3 (KM Factor, Mouse) / 37 (KM Factor, Human) = 0.405 ie. 0.41mg/kg Human dosing AKA about 35mg for a 180lb guy.

Why use less than what was shown in the study? Heck, we're BRO'S, double dose that shjt :D

jt75

jt75

Awards
  • Established
Because people report results on 10-20mg with diminishing returns after that,if someone shows me results out of the norm with 35mg then I'll dose 35mg

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
You are an extremely intelligent and knowledgeable poster Old Guy. Yes HDE is 35-40mg dependent on a few factors. So if you're taking that dose you have a small chance of getting more cancer cells than you already have in your body. So taking less than half of that is going to do what? Half the stuff a lot of guys on these boards take there is zero long term research on. People just need to be intelligent about what they put in their bodies, and hopefully take more general health supplements than crap that will "get them big". It's a marathon not a race, but being overly risk adverse isn't any way to live life.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Because people report results on 10-20mg with diminishing returns after that,if someone shows me results out of the norm with 35mg then I'll dose 35mg
First "Supplement" I recall on here, where people go less than the amount that was proven to work (rodent model) in the actual study - 500mg of Beta-Alanine for all! :D

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
It's a marathon not a race, but being overly risk adverse isn't any way to live life.
Comprising your portfolio of entirely treasury bonds is overly risk averse. Lowering doses of potentially hazardous chemicals or swapping them for safer alternatives is smart hedging.

jt75

jt75

Awards
  • Established
Took my first dose of liquid cardarine today and it takes some getting used to. Warm alcohol like sweet taste, almost thin syrup like consistency, very weird, took 1ml which is equivalent to 10mg and chased it with some juice.

tailoredgains

Awards
Tried Primeval Labs cardarine for over a month and didn't notice anything. No changes. I actually noticed a lot more of my hair was coming out in the shower during that time. Not sure if that has anything to do with it or not but it definitely didn't work. Dosed it even higher and still didn't feel anything.

mikephilip

Awards
Well, it seems provenpeptides work for me and happy with result.

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Tried Primeval Labs cardarine for over a month and didn't notice anything. No changes. I actually noticed a lot more of my hair was coming out in the shower during that time. Not sure if that has anything to do with it or not but it definitely didn't work. Dosed it even higher and still didn't feel anything.
Just to add to this I’ve also tried their cardarine, I don’t think it’s legit. I’ve tried it twice and both times I noticed a drop in libido about a week in. Didn’t help with endurance or anything, but I’ve had success with some research chems.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
cruze1911r1 Anabolics 6
Supplement Logs 16
Anabolics 6
EpiStrong Anabolics 2
Gutterpump Anabolics 7