Exercise Routine-Needs some tweaking....

WannabeBatman

WannabeBatman

Awards
Alright Fellows I'm currently involved in my first bulking phase; eating lots of food drinking plenty of water, and I taking the following supps: Animal PAK, Animal Stak, Animal M-STAK, Animal Omega, whey/casein proteins, creatine and taking some BCAA's during work out.

I am 5ft11, about 175 lbs, 24 years old,not sure about body fat percentage exactly, my abs are still visible during bulk (from the side haha) and I don't have much belly fat or other areas of clumped fat. So far I am making fairly ok gains but I think my exercise routine needs some tweaking. Also I now work out at home rather then gym, have squat post, barbells, dumbbells, bench, etc. I am not sure if I am over training or not and if my exercises overlap each other to much, any suggestions would be very helpful. I am still semi-new to this haha.

Here's my current weekly work out routine:

Monday: Basically biceps, triceps, and forearms

Bicep Curl 3x12
Concentration Curl 3x12
Skull Crushers 3x12
Overhead one handed tricep curl (both hands)3x12
Overhead Double Hand tricep curl 3x12
Reverse Curl 3x12
Hammer Curl 3x12 (I have small forearms lol)

Tuesday: Basically Ches/Upper Body

Standard bench press 3x12
Decline Bench Press 3x12
Incline Bench Press (2 different elevations, so 2 diff. exercises sets)3x12 (each)
Chest Fly 3x12
3x5 weighted chin up (still working on up reps lol) or weighted dips 3x7

Wednesday: Lower body (legs, glutes, etc.) and shoulders (very new to squats, never did much of them, just learned the importance in the past several months)

Full Squats 4x12
Deadlifts 4x12
Calf Raises (weighted obviously)4x12
Shrugs 4x12
Front Raise 3x12
Lateral Raise 3x12
Should Rows 3x12
3x12 Shoulder Press

Thursday: 20 minutes of HITT
-NO LIFTING-

Friday: Star Over Monday's Routine listed above
Saturday: Tuesday Routine listed above
Sunday: Wednesday Routine listed above
Monday: HITT-Rest
ETC ETC.

Since I am bulking do I need to take more time off? Please help any comments appreciated.

Thanks for taking the time to check out my inquiry fellows. Take care.

Best,
TWB

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
Im looking at this and i cant find too much wrong with it. But only thing i might say would be take tuesday off and bump everything back one day considering if you do arms hard enough on monday you might be a little sore tuesday and might not get enough out of chest that you want. Added rest is always great other then that its nice.

And as for diet you look to have it down Eat lots of protein and get healthy fats in but you see to have all that down GOOD LUCK!

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
switch deadlifts over to back day instead of leg day, and describe your HIIT workout - no days off concern me.

also, it looks like you are doing
tri/bi/forearm
chest/back
legs/shoulders
hiit

there's no way your tri's or bi's have 100% recovered to be used secondary for chest/back day. maybe a split more like
chest/tri's/forearms
back/biceps
legs/shoulders
hiit

though i'd still have to see your HIIT workout

WannabeBatman

WannabeBatman

Awards
Thanks Jumpshot and Suncloud for your responses.

Alright in regards to my HIIT training days I usually ride a stationary bike, switching between 1 minute very fast, then the rest 60-70% of heart rate for 2 minutes, I do this for about 20, sometimes 25 minutes. What do you think?

Jumpshot/Suncloud thanks for the suggestion, my arms have been feeling a bit weak for chest/back day, I think I will switch days depending on your advice regarding the new info. about my HIIT.

Deadlifts will def. be on back day as well.

So this is not to many routines per day?

I have one more quick question for you; lets say that before I go to bed and during the night I wake up and drink a large casein protein sleep, right now I have the luxury of being able to sleep in (for the time being anyway) I remember reading some where that sleeping longer (say from 8-12 hours is more beneficial assuming you don't go catabolic) is better? 12 hours seems like a very long time to me whats your opinion on this.

Thanks again.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Jumpshot and Suncloud for your responses.

Alright in regards to my HIIT training days I usually ride a stationary bike, switching between 1 minute very fast, then the rest 60-70% of heart rate for 2 minutes, I do this for about 20, sometimes 25 minutes. What do you think?

Jumpshot/Suncloud thanks for the suggestion, my arms have been feeling a bit weak for chest/back day, I think I will switch days depending on your advice regarding the new info. about my HIIT.

Deadlifts will def. be on back day as well.

So this is not to many routines per day?

I have one more quick question for you; lets say that before I go to bed and during the night I wake up and drink a large casein protein sleep, right now I have the luxury of being able to sleep in (for the time being anyway) I remember reading some where that sleeping longer (say from 8-12 hours is more beneficial assuming you don't go catabolic) is better? 12 hours seems like a very long time to me whats your opinion on this.

Thanks again.
HIIT looks good. i hope you can recover well on that setup. so long as you're making progress every week (going up in weights or reps) you're good to go.

with regards to sleep, everyone is different. 8-12 is a good range to be in, though i'd never be able to sleep for 12 hours.

WannabeBatman

WannabeBatman

Awards
Thanks

Thanks everyone for your help and advice, its much appreciated!!

Best,
TWB