Exemestane solubility?

UNX

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I have some raw exemestane powder. I want to make a solution to dose it more accurately.
What's the best solvent I can use? I know it's not soluble in polar solvents like water or DMSO. It's soluble in methanol, but I want a solvent that won't kill me. In some oil solubility is low, like olive oil. I have to try in ethanol yet.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have some raw exemestane powder. I want to make a solution to dose it more accurately.
What's the best solvent I can use? I know it's not soluble in polar solvents like water or DMSO. It's soluble in methanol, but I want a solvent that won't kill me. In some oil solubility is low, like olive oil. I have to try in ethanol yet.

I'd try Ethanol.

Reactions: UNX

UNX

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Well, I did a quick test with ethanol and works, now I have to get some food grade ethanol to see if I can achieve a 50 mg/ml solution.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Well, I did a quick test with ethanol and works, now I have to get some food grade ethanol to see if I can achieve a 50 mg/ml solution.

I know stores that carry that substance.
:)

suavmcgauv

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Polyethylene glycol 6000 (PEG 6000), could be a harder to acquire alternative if you are looking to avoid ethanol.

UNX

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
@Renew1 I just distilled denaturated ethanol and it seems to solve fine up to 25 mg/ml.

@suavmcgauv I read about PEG6000 in a paper, maybe it's worth it because I have a lot of exemestane.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
@Renew1 I just distilled denaturated ethanol and it seems to solve fine up to 25 mg/ml.

@suavmcgauv I read about PEG6000 in a paper, maybe it's worth it because I have a lot of exemestane.
Well ... that works.
Personally I'd have just grabbed a drinkable bottle off the store shelf.

UNX

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Well ... that works.
Personally I'd have just grabbed a drinkable bottle off the store shelf.
Yes, but I guess the higher the alcohol content, the higher the solubility. Anyway, I'll try to get food grade alcohol just in case there's some methanol contamination.