Excelsior Pre.. Majorly Lethargic days after stopping?

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm sure most will have heard of the pre Excelsior that's floating around the market just now?

Here's the panel...

Whenever i run it for a couple days and then stop using it. I become VERY lethargic' Anxious' Low Mood... I can sleep 10 hours straight and then wake and still feel exhausted. What is this pre doing to my body?! Feels like it completely drains all the neurotransmitters. It does give a brilliant high/euphoric feel (Which makes me question that label). The aftermath is horrid though so i flushed it down the pan.

Any ideas how i can get myself back into homeostasis? I feel like a slug at the moment. Can't even lift a weight the last 3 days.

Was gonna take some

5-HTP
Mucuna Puriens
Acetyl L Carnitine

To bump my Serotonin' Dopamine' Choline levels.

Just don't want to just add supplements.

Just intrigued what's causing this?

Anyone else noticed this?
imperial-nutrition-30-servings-fruit-punch-excelsior-pre-workout-11423961350195_550x.jpeg

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm sure most will have heard of the pre Excelsior that's floating around the market just now?

Here's the panel...

Whenever i run it for a couple days and then stop using it. I become VERY lethargic' Anxious' Low Mood... I can sleep 10 hours straight and then wake and still feel exhausted. What is this pre doing to my body?! Feels like it completely drains all the neurotransmitters. It does give a brilliant high/euphoric feel (Which makes me question that label). The aftermath is horrid though so i flushed it down the pan.

Any ideas how i can get myself back into homeostasis? I feel like a slug at the moment. Can't even lift a weight the last 3 days.

Was gonna take some

5-HTP
Mucuna Puriens
Acetyl L Carnitine

Anyone else noticed this? View attachment 195853
It has been suspected that it is spiked with an amphetamine. Citicoline would be good to take as it is choline and uridine. Probably wouldn't use the 5htp. Maybe L Tryptophan and P5P.

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It has been suspected that it is spiked with an amphetamine. Citicoline would be good to take as it is choline and uridine. Probably wouldn't use the 5htp. Maybe L Tryptophan and P5P.
I have cdp Choline and Uridine Monophosphate. These do the same deeds?

Yeah I'm certain it has an extra ingredient in their. I took 1.5 scoops about 2pm... Guess how much sleep i got that night? Zero! Was crazy buzzing.

Suppose my body will balance out in time? Honestly never felt as lethargic in my life.

That powder is gonna pop a heart soon. I had 110bpm resting on the sofa... Couldn't eat a crumb.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Yeah I'm certain it has an extra ingredient in their. I took 1.5 scoops about 2pm... Guess how much sleep i got that night? Zero! Was crazy buzzing.

Suppose my body will balance out in time? Honestly never felt as lethargic in my life.

That powder is gonna pop a heart soon. I had 110bpm resting on the sofa... Couldn't eat a crumb.
Definitely sounds like an amphetamine. CDP choline, and uridine would be great for your choline and for dopamine. Other than that, you will come to homeostasis.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i hate these co that do pre workouts that aren't good manufacturing practices under FDA .. more importantly i dont understand why people support them .. unless you don't care what you put in your body.

honestly i would say .. just over time you will come back to your natural state and to just lay off supplements for 3-5 days.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
i hate these co that do pre workouts that aren't good manufacturing practices under FDA .. more importantly i dont understand why people support them .. unless you don't care what you put in your body.

honestly i would say .. just over time you will come back to your natural state and to just lay off supplements for 3-5 days.
Wonder how many have died or come near it because of ingesting double the dose, like some teens like to do with pre workout.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

That is way to big of a dose of Excelsior!

rowz4broz

rowz4broz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
that prop blend who knows how much of anything you are actually taking

SpicedCider

SpicedCider

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I think there's definitely something extra in this beyond what's printed on the ingredients label. After I went through my first tub, I felt like a sluggish, creaky, broken-down old man trying to run the next two days.

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That is way to big of a dose of Excelsior!
The tub suggests up to 2 scoops?

I have used pre's on and off for many years. Including Craze etc

If it says don't use more than one scoop in a 24 hour period then yeh 1.5 would be a big dose. It suggests 2 scoops though for stim heads. Most the lads on youtube all used 2 scoops also.

Still a spiked product mind. Put me off using pre's for a long while.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This is why I now tend to prefer preworkouts like SNS Focus XT. 160mg caffeine per scoop and tastes really good. That's all I need. Just a pick me up. Once I get going in the gym, I'm set.

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’d like to try excelsior but the price always stops me cold. Also, these sort of epic pre’s I only end up using once in a while. Doesn’t the tolerance build up fast?

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Was using a pre workout recently. Everyone was raving about it but the ingredient panel looked very basic. I bought a tub as it was going at a reasonable price and the first time i tried it i was like. This feels ALOT stronger and almost adderal like. Seemed strange but was almost on par with Craze.

I used the tub up and within a day or 2 i started to get crazy withdrawals. I was still drinking coffee so wasn't caffeine withdrawals.

I then checked the product online again and it had sky rocketed in price?

Just seems strange? Hopefully this feeling passes quick enough as i can barely function!

Any thoughts?
Not trying to call you out or anything but you made the above post in November 2019. Seems you have a love/hate relationship with it...haha!

I have been a longtime buyer of Excelsior but I use it quite sparingly, so I have never noticed any of the withdrawal symptoms you seem to have experienced. I typically dose 3/4 scoop as an addition to a serving of another preworkout. I literally just use it as a preworkout enhancer, and I don’t even do that every time.

It’s definitely a special supplement. Since it was giving you problems, finally taking it out of the picture was a good move. I have found L-Tyrosine, Rhodiola, DHEA/Pregnenolone, and Vitamin-C to be beneficial In the past for giving me a natural boost.

muscleman

Awards

Here's the panel...

Was gonna take some

5-HTP
Mucuna Puriens
Acetyl L Carnitine

Yes very aware of these after effects. All stimulants more or less drains your natural levels of adrenaline and neurtransmitters and leave your system more fatigued than before. What was in those older batches of Excelsior is really long lasting so some people dont note the crash and the depletion the same day but something that strong will do that. I personally take 5htp although not sure I notice too much of an effect. Tyrosine might help a little as well. Taurine could possibly help as well but the longer we take supplements an stimulants without proper rest the longer it takes to recover our systems

muscleman

Awards

Here's the panel...

Was gonna take some

5-HTP
Mucuna Puriens
Acetyl L Carnitine

How did mucuna pruriens work out for you? Anybody else have experience form taking to mucuna pruriens to restore depleted dopamine levels? I have been taking 5htp but that is supposed to work on serotonin and although I do feel some relaxation an hour or two after taking 5htp I dont really feel it helps my overall energy level. After a break of two weeks I got back on Excelsior and bam finished up a litterature home exam in record time in 2 days. Although the day I took 8/23 batch I got uncomfortable racing heart and couldnt concentrate that well, but that 10/22 batch is really amazing for my concentration. About to get diagnosed for ADHD but i doubt they have anything as good. I have previously tried methylphenidate, Ritalin and found it to be crap with crappy tension and anxious side effects in my experience.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
How did mucuna pruriens work out for you? Anybody else have experience form taking to mucuna pruriens to restore depleted dopamine levels? I have been taking 5htp but that is supposed to work on serotonin and although I do feel some relaxation an hour or two after taking 5htp I dont really feel it helps my overall energy level. After a break of two weeks I got back on Excelsior and bam finished up a litterature home exam in record time in 2 days. Although the day I took 8/23 batch I got uncomfortable racing heart and couldnt concentrate that well, but that 10/22 batch is really amazing for my concentration. About to get diagnosed for ADHD but i doubt they have anything as good. I have previously tried methylphenidate, Ritalin and found it to be crap with crappy tension and anxious side effects in my experience.
Want to restore both serotonin and dopamine systems, use BPC157, drop 5htp, drop mucuna. 500mcg BPC157 daily. Cod liver oil. Citicholine. Uridine monophosphate. That combo should make you right as rain.

M1911

Awards
Thanks for input valiantthor - I’m going to look into bpc based on what you stated (and the additional supps). In case I don’t find a specification, do you know if there is a preference for oral or inj bpc for this application?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplement Auction 8
Supplements 95
Supplements 0
SpicedCider Supplement Auction 0
Supplements 48