abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When available I'm going to take two caps post workout with about 100g of carbs and see how that goes. Good stuff matt

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think I'll start trying 2 caps post with 250 grams carbs. Add in ALA and agmatine as well.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think I'll start trying 2 caps post with 250 grams carbs. Add in ALA and agmatine as well.
250? Yikes. Lol. Smart add ons

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
250? Yikes. Lol. Smart add ons
Train hard enough, utilize nutrient timing, and you can take much more post workout than you think (depending on goals)

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Train hard enough, utilize nutrient timing, and you can take much more post workout than you think (depending on goals)
With insulin sensitivity very high in the post-workout period from training, do you feel the need for a GDA Post-workout? Would that almost be counter productive? I know you are very knowledgable with GDA's and making your own from the ground up. I just know that training itself is the best time to utilize carbs and the need for a GDA may not be necessary. There may be factors or things I am missing here, but I am always open to learning and understanding science and proper supplement timing/dosings.

kdubson14

Awards
  • Established
400g intra-post crew checking in.

Side note: agmatine makes me crave sugar, hard.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
With insulin sensitivity very high in the post-workout period from training, do you feel the need for a GDA Post-workout? Would that almost be counter productive? I know you are very knowledgable with GDA's and making your own from the ground up. I just know that training itself is the best time to utilize carbs and the need for a GDA may not be necessary. There may be factors or things I am missing here, but I am always open to learning and understanding science and proper supplement timing/dosings.
Not necessarily a need for it, but it depends on what you're trying to accomplish, and how heavy of a bulk you're doing.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Not necessarily a need for it, but it depends on what you're trying to accomplish, and how heavy of a bulk you're doing.
so you would only suggest if for someone in a bulking phase? for the general gym goer who probably eats a slight surplus, maintains, or is in a deficit you would negate it?

How many carbs would you really need to take a GDA Post if you are having an adequate amount pre and intra workout (say 50-75g pre and another 40-50g intra)?

A lot of factors involved here, and I know a lot of it will be personal experience because this is possibly not a heavily scientific studied subject.

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
Don't want to take away from Bob's questions above, as I'm extremely interested in the response.

But I do have a follow up question. I'm curious as to what the suggested upper limit to dosage is.

For example, if I'm taking in 200 grams of carbs post workout at 7am, and then 4 hours later another 100 grams of carbs, followed by 100 grams with first dinner 4 hours later, and another 200 grams of carbs with second dinner at 7pm. Is 6 caps per day too much?

Doesn't appear to be overdoing it on the berberine, but I'm not sure about the clinical doses on the other extracts.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh absolutely.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I haven't forgotten about your questions, I've been dealing with a 101 degree fever and what looks like another systemic bacterial infection. The gunshot entrance wound on my leg that was almost completely healed just turned into an abscess overnight for no reason that I can tell, and I'm getting strange rashes all over my body. The only medication chance was adding in protonix, a proton pump inhibitor. I'm thinking I might be allergic to it for some reason.

The questions you guys are asking deserve a solid answer and it's a really difficult subject to explain properly.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Don't want to take away from Bob's questions above, as I'm extremely interested in the response.

But I do have a follow up question. I'm curious as to what the suggested upper limit to dosage is.

For example, if I'm taking in 200 grams of carbs post workout at 7am, and then 4 hours later another 100 grams of carbs, followed by 100 grams with first dinner 4 hours later, and another 200 grams of carbs with second dinner at 7pm. Is 6 caps per day too much?

Doesn't appear to be overdoing it on the berberine, but I'm not sure about the clinical doses on the other extracts.
Once you go over 60 grams of carbs, I usually use the guide of 1 caps per additional 60. so two capsules will cover you all the way up to 120 grams, 3 for up to 180, etc. Obviously do what's working for you. I very rarely with the exception of refeeds or straight up cheat days which is when I bust out the Defuse, but since we're OOS on Defuse you should be ok using the dosng guide. Hpw far apart are you taking your meas/doses?

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
Once you go over 60 grams of carbs, I usually use the guide of 1 caps per additional 60. so two capsules will cover you all the way up to 120 grams, 3 for up to 180, etc. Obviously do what's working for you. I very rarely with the exception of refeeds or straight up cheat days which is when I bust out the Defuse, but since we're OOS on Defuse you should be ok using the dosng guide. Hpw far apart are you taking your meas/doses?
I know you've got a lot on your plate. And your health is priority #1. Thanks for taking the time to address this, less than paramount, question.

I keep doses 4 hours apart, based on what I know of the actives. So 6 caps - two at a time - each time with about 200+ grams of carbs - over the course of a refeed day, 12 hours.

And I would use Defuse too...but I'm almost out!!!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I know you've got a lot on your plate. And your health is priority #1. Thanks for taking the time to address this, less than paramount, question.

I keep doses 4 hours apart, based on what I know of the actives. So 6 caps - two at a time - each time with about 200+ grams of carbs - over the course of a refeed day, 12 hours.

And I would use Defuse too...but I'm almost out!!!
I don't think I ever got a bottle of Defuse. Only used it a few times thanks to GNO giving me some before we hit the mongolian buffet in Columbus during the arnold!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't think I ever got a bottle of Defuse. Only used it a few times thanks to GNO giving me some before we hit the mongolian buffet in Columbus during the arnold!
Defuse is like a gift from the gods. Is was zeroed in perfectly when I was designing that one, and it came out way better than expected.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Defuse is like a gift from the gods. Is was zeroed in perfectly when I was designing that one, and it came out way better than expected.
So you are telling me I can go to Buckeye Donut & Graeter's and just take Defuse and I won't get fat?
Can i get sponsored with this product :)?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So you are telling me I can go to Buckeye Donut & Graeter's and just take Defuse and I won't get fat?
Can i get sponsored with this product :)?
For very short periods of time, it keeps the fatty acids from being stored and gives you extra time to burn them up. The Slintensity/Defuse combo is incredible.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
For very short periods of time, it keeps the fatty acids from being stored and gives you extra time to burn them up. The Slintensity/Defuse combo is incredible.
Next time I come through your neck of the woods. I need to take you to Handels Ice Cream right there in Hilliard. Not far from where we met up last time. We will put this to the test.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Next time I come through your neck of the woods. I need to take you to Handels Ice Cream right there in Hilliard. Not far from where we met up last time. We will put this to the test.
They do have good ice cream.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Purely hypothetical here and to satisfy my own curiosity; how would you use Slintensity in conjunction with exogenous insulin as a non-diabetic?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Fast acting Insulin? Use the slin preworkout with plenty of simple carbs, the wait a little extra for your post workout meal, and use the Slintensity for that.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Has anyone tried using Slintensity to achieve a deeper level of ketosis? Would this be safe to try?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Has anyone tried using Slintensity to achieve a deeper level of ketosis? Would this be safe to try?
That was pretty much the concept, but adding the whole slintensity formula would have priced KetoInduce off the charts, so I settled for Na-R-ALA. The new pathways we're hitting with the new version should amplify the effect for sure.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
That was pretty much the concept, but adding the whole slintensity formula would have priced KetoInduce off the charts, so I settled for Na-R-ALA. The new pathways we're hitting with the new version should amplify the effect for sure.
So should I just use 1 before each keto meal now or just one a day? How would it be best applied until I get ketoinduce?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So should I just use 1 before each keto meal now or just one a day? How would it be best applied until I get ketoinduce?
Depends on the carb content of those meals, but I always take on before bed and wake up leaner.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Depends on the carb content of those meals, but I always take on before bed and wake up leaner.
I meant zero carb meals basically. My diet is like 80% to 85% fat, 10% to 15% protein, and 5% carbs. But, sometimes I'll overdo the protein like last night, ate too many wings (made sure the wings were zero carb first of course) and registered at 0 ketones this morning. So, obviously I need to control my protein intake but I've been wondering if something like Slintensity could be used pre-meal for a zero carb but high protein meal, or pre-bed after a meal like that, or the morning after to drop blood glucose back down and start the ketone production back up. I dosed plcar as soon as I saw those readings so hopefully that helps.

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
I meant zero carb meals basically. My diet is like 80% to 85% fat, 10% to 15% protein, and 5% carbs. But, sometimes I'll overdo the protein like last night, ate too many wings (made sure the wings were zero carb first of course) and registered at 0 ketones this morning. So, obviously I need to control my protein intake but I've been wondering if something like Slintensity could be used pre-meal for a zero carb but high protein meal, or pre-bed after a meal like that, or the morning after to drop blood glucose back down and start the ketone production back up. I dosed plcar as soon as I saw those readings so hopefully that helps.
If you stay under 20-30g carbs and 0.8-1.2g of protein per lbm throughout the day, you should always remain in ketosis. You really have to overeat protein, or have an insane amount of protein with 1 meal for you to get knocked out assuming your carbs are low enough.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If you stay under 20-30g carbs and 0.8-1.2g of protein per lbm throughout the day, you should always remain in ketosis. You really have to overeat protein, or have an insane amount of protein with 1 meal for you to get knocked out assuming your carbs are low enough.
Yeah, I go above that a little when I eat buffalo wings, sometimes eating 20-30...granted, not that many, but seems to be enough to kill any ketone readings the next morning.

kdubson14

Awards
  • Established
Wings are also generally dusted in flour to help the skin crisp and make the sauce stick.

Unless you're making them yourself

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
dsade
If I'm going to go off strict keto for a day and going to eat unlimited carbs for one big meal, so other than taking 4xdefuse beforehand, how many slintensity can I take maximum?

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I go above that a little when I eat buffalo wings, sometimes eating 20-30...granted, not that many, but seems to be enough to kill any ketone readings the next morning.
What are you using to measure ketones?

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
dsade
If I'm going to go off strict keto for a day and going to eat unlimited carbs for one big meal, so other than taking 4xdefuse beforehand, how many slintensity can I take maximum?
Bump
Anyone?

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
Bump
Anyone?
I usually don't exceed 2. I didn't feel much difference between 2 and 3, but I haven't done it many times mainly on conservation.

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
Super extra Slintensity bonus....girl at the gym just said I smelled like maple syrup...

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Super extra Slintensity bonus....girl at the gym just said I smelled like maple syrup...
My wife use to tell me the same thing while I was using slintensity. At one point, she licked my delt and said it was sweet (swear)

It's the fenugreek.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
dsade
There is no maximum dose. Use the guide of 1 capsule per 60g of carbs, but remember without the Defuse you will put on some bodyfat.

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
There is no maximum dose. Use the guide of 1 capsule per 60g of carbs, but remember without the Defuse you will put on some bodyfat.
Oh, the Defuse is a staple.....was just wondering about the max on the Slintensity. I guess I'm in for 4 and 4

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh, the Defuse is a staple.....was just wondering about the max on the Slintensity. I guess I'm in for 4 and 4
You're going to love the new post I'm about to make then......give me 5 then check the subforum again

Tylerclee

Tylerclee

Awards
  • Established
You're going to love the new post I'm about to make then......give me 5 then check the subforum again
I've been staring at my phone for 8 minutes now. You said "give me 5" lol
impatiently waiting

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Jbrooks

Awards
  • Established
Do you know when stock on slintensity will be back ?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Do you know when stock on slintensity will be back ?
Addressed:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/evomuse/295768-evomuses-service-2.html#post5832587

Sorry for the communications...I'm working from a barebones, temporary laptop and I don't have access to a lot of my programs (including my whole invoicing program, which has jacked AR/AP beyond belief.) In spite of communications, I'm remedying shipping issues with extra product. If anyone is still outstanding, let me know. I have brought in a replacement for my employee, who left me up **** creek by suddenly quitting.

Gut Health is restocked (and on sale!), we have new pump bottles for all of the topicals and BRITE, and Slintensity should be here tomorrow (also going to be on sale, big time.) Clear Edge ingredients are on the way to production, with DCP coming right behind.

slimsaw00

Awards
  • Established
Thought I read something on the Evomuse Facebook that Slintensity is being updated soon. Can anyone confirm? ETA?? Thanks in advance!