ethics questions

Cold

Awards
First of all, I have to say that I absolutely HATE biomedical ethics. IMO, this class is just a waist of time. In all honesty, I feel as if I'm not learning anything related to my major. I actually feel dumber.Ok, I'm done ranting. I can't really seem to find this answer in my book so I figured someone on this board might know.

What is theological relativism?

What is supererogatory behavior?

What are some examples of these?

What system requires supererogatory behavior?

(Yeah, I'm a dumbass:( )

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
First of all, I have to say that I absolutely HATE biomedical ethics. IMO, this class is just a waist of time. In all honesty, I feel as if I'm not learning anything related to my major. I actually feel dumber.Ok, I'm done ranting. I can't really seem to find this answer in my book so I figured someone on this board might know.

What is theological relativism?

What is supererogatory behavior?

What are some examples of these?

What system requires supererogatory behavior?

(Yeah, I'm a dumbass:( )
Theological relativism can be defined as the application of a mindset or group of theories toward any and all empirical data, basically allowing a prejiduce to determine interpretation of a given output result.

Superogatory behavior is another form of prejiduced analysis where the observer assumes that, the position of the observer versus the observed subject, allows for an omniscient opinion toward the behavior of the observed

An example of theological relativism is when a person poses a question to a group that share a common interest, such as bodybuilding. The answers will all have a tendency to be biased by the common ineterests of the group (i.e. " don't stack methyls" )

An example of superogatory behavior would be posting that same question purely to anylize the results of the responders as to gain an opinion of the responder. i.e. " i wonder what these guys would say, if I asked if it was a good idea to stack two methyls? "

Superogatory behavior is required when the answer is unknown to the observer and requires the observed to behave naturally. I.E " I could be bullshitting you , but you haven't aquired enough knowledge to tell the difference! "( hahahaha)

Cold

Awards
Thanks bro!:thumbsup: Those are some great examples.

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Waste of time? Weren't unauthorized pelvic/rectal examinations under anesthesia the norm until very recently?

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
Shouldn't you do your own homework?

Just a question?

Cold

Awards
Ethics is not something that really interests me. Also, I really don't see how it will help me in my profession.

refried- This isn't homework. This stuff is on my study guide. I've looked over my notes, and looked through the chapters, but I didn't find the answers.