Epistane/Transdermal Trest Ace cycle

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
starting to get diced up in this one! hows the trest @ 60 treating u?
Loving it!! PRs every workout. The night sweating has returned even eating two slices of bread before bed to try to keep blood sugar up. Usually sweat through one tshirt a day, but that is my only side.

I have been following a cyclical ketogenic diet with the goal of adding muscle and losing body fat simultaneously. Monday through Saturday late afternoon eat about 1500 to 1700 calories with carbs limited to about 50 grams a day (my maintenance is about 3000 calories), then Saturday evening through Sunday night I do a carb refeed and eat at about 75 percent ABOVE maintenance. Gonna assess on my weigh in with the body fat scale this Saturday if this approach has been successful in adding muscle or if it has simply slowed my fat loss due to the excess calories at the end of the week. Wasn’t it you that said you had success on Trest running a cyclical ketogenic diet?

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
yes absolutely! you should be able to super comp each weekend. allowing you to make room in the muscles for growth. the calories sound pretty low but your pics show its working just fine for you~

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ya for some reason I have to go real low on the calories. Just eat a ton of vegetables, high fiber Quest protein bars, and water to fight off hunger. When the weekend comes and it is high carb day over maintenance it is like being in heaven lol!

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
just remember to key points..
sunday evening= sugar crash.
monday-tuesday = trace carbs only. dont eat a bunch of veggies until later in the week.

i always did a full body high volume sesh on friday afternoon after a banana to start the total glycogen depletion prior to the carb up.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
just remember to key points..
sunday evening= sugar crash.
monday-tuesday = trace carbs only. dont eat a bunch of veggies until later in the week.

i always did a full body high volume sesh on friday afternoon after a banana to start the total glycogen depletion prior to the carb up.
The only thing that stinks is due to my lower calorie consumption I’m not able to eat much fat. I need to get a gram of protein in per pound of body weight so I eat like 200 grams of protein, 50 grams or so of carbs, and only about 65 to 70 grams of fat so it is not a true “ketogenic diet” since it has more protein than fat. Would it even make a difference though as long as my carbs are low to deplete glycogen? It is crazy, after my weekend refeed my weight shoots up like 6 pounds from glycogen retention than by the time Saturday rolls around I have lost most of that.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
End of week 7.5. Will be dropping Epistane this Tuesday. Decided to extend the blast beyond the planned 8 weeks to up to 12 to a 16 week blast (if strength gains cease at any point I will end the cycle no matter how few weeks have passed as I think there are very diminishing returns outside of nutrient portioning if you aren’t getting stronger from week to week from the compounds). After week 8 will be running only the transdermal Trest, transdermal SR 9009, and will be adding in Ultra Hard (this is a transdermal Epiandro/Androsterone combo). The ultra hard will serve as another dry DHT compound to replace the methylated Epistane and hopefully function as a make shift AI for the Trest to keep high estrogen sides from developing just like the Epistane did.

Up another pound and a half this week. My consecutive record streak of setting PRs on every training session remains unbroken this week. I am Very impressed at the strength gains and am interested to see how much of this continues when just running the Trest with the Andros. As actually losing weight on Trest seems damn near impossible I have decided to try to change this more from a cut to a recomp by upping my calories Monday through Saturday about another 600 a day. Additonal calories will be coming mainly from peanuts as I still want to keep carbs very low Monday through Friday at about 50 to 60 grams a day and then do high carb days on Saturday and Sunday at roughly twice maintenance levels.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
i love that combo at the end of the cycle.. it will indeed make you stronger each work out it seems like. not sure about the ai properties being strong enough to control estro though.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
i love that combo at the end of the cycle.. it will indeed make you stronger each work out it seems like. not sure about the ai properties being strong enough to control estro though.
Thanks. I have Arimidex and Ralox on hand in case, but hopefully the andro hard will suffice.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
if I do get estro sides i would prefer to use Ralox, rather than Arimidex since it is more lipid friendly. Do you think Ralox would be as effective or at least sufficent?

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Last day of Epistane was Tuesday so had lipids and liver bloodwork done yesterday. Will be getting labs again in 4 weeks after I am done with cycle as well after finishing Trest and Ultrahard.

For lipids, I feel the SR 9009 helped as both LDL, total cholesterol, and Triglycerides were all in range, however HDL was whacked hard going below 20 to 18 which is tied for the lowest ever I have recorded on cycle. For liver only a couple readings were SLIGHTLY out of range after 8 weeks of Epistane which is methylated so I feel the TUDCA and NAC did their job nicely.

E3994F75-AD49-496F-99FA-A79D44DD462C.png
A47CF22B-D44D-4171-895A-5E5F9530F6D1.png
9D581202-4B3B-419D-8FF9-5A6998F8F442.png
80A658E2-A804-43B7-AF20-5C0E7EEC6BB8.png
D529D9F7-75CD-4952-870F-64ECF3A8CA97.png

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
End of week 8.5. Weight is the same, but dropped one percent body fat. Overall since I began I am up 5 and a half pounds, but at the same body fat as I started. Ended the Epistane Tuesday. Decided will be ending this cycle after 12 weeks due to upcoming trt doctor ordered bloodwork in December.

Started Ultra Hard on Wednesday. Have noticed a definite jump in libido since
starting. Also, no estrogen sides from the 60 mg Trest, thus I think running a DHT with Trest appears to be a good combo. ( I should note for the entire cycle I have also been running 200 mg DIM a day to help control estrogen sides as well as Calcium Glucarate).

Set PRs each workout this week again. Interested to see if this will continue despite stopping the Epistane. Night sweats have
been bad, but partially because I have stopped eating the two slices bread before bed during the week to keep carbs down. One side I did have that I failed to mention previously was an acidic stomach from the Epistane. Methylated roids always do that to me so it is nothing alarming and a couple Pepcid Completes always keeps it from getting unbearable. 3 and a half weeks left in the cycle!

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
End of week 9.5. Up almost another pound, but will be abandoning the cyclical ketogenic diet for a more traditional cut diet. Just not noticing the fat loss as much since starting the keto diet I think mainly due to the weekend refeeds being nearly twice maintenance and consisting of mainly high glycemic carbs in massive quantities.

My streak of days with consecutive PRs came to an end on Tuesday’s workout, but a new streak has started on Wednesday through Friday so far. No estrogen sides since switching to Ultra Hard from Epistane and have also noticed a nice libido increase with the switch as well.

Gonna try to finish the last 3 weeks strong with a more cleaner cut! 💪

Reactions: Nac
Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Fuk I love the PRs on a blast. Even more satisfying when youre in a kcal deficit and remember as a natty there was no fawkin way youd be PRing deep in a cut.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
End of week 10.5.Body weight remains the same, but down a little over a half percent body fat.

PRs continue. Started getting tennis elbow this week probably from lifting heavy so went back on Cissus joint supplement. Only side effect is profuse night sweats. The transdermal SR 9009 is finally seeming to feel like it is wearing off and no longer is working even at doses as high as 75 mg a day. 8 weeks is probably the longest I would consider researching it in the future,
beyond that it does not seem to remain effective. Decided will probably blast the Trest for a full 16 week cycle as long as the strength gains continue to occur with setting PRs, but will not be ordering more transdermal SR 9009 when the bottle runs out in a few more days. Will be delaying my doctor ordered bloods
for trt about a month at the end of the cycle in order for my bloodwork to test normal after cycle.

Last edited:

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
End of week 11.5 of 16 week cycle. Lost over
another 2 pounds from previous week. Cycle begin Weight was 186.5 at 18 percent body fat. Current weight is 187 at 16.7 percent body fat so have added 3 pounds of muscle total, but also have lost almost one and a half percent body fat at same time. It may not seem like much,‘but gaining muscle while also losing body fat at the same time is usually only accomplished for newbies and steroid users and since I am in the latter I will count this as a win.

Continue setting PRs. Will be keeping these once weekly updates much shorter from here on out unless there is a new significant development to prevent from posting the same old things over and over. The transdermal Epi Andro/Androsterone has succeeded in preventing Estro sides from the Trest as I had hoped and has kept libido high. Hopefully it will be much less harsh on lipids than the Epistane too so I see an improvement in my lipids when I test again in another 4.5 week.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
End of cycle after 12 and a half weeks. (Decided to end earlier than planned do to growing psychologically tired of being in a caloric deficit so long). Begin weight at start of cycle was 186 pounds 18 percent body fat. End of cycle weight was 190.5 pounds at 17 and a half percent body fat so gained four and a half pounds and lost half percent body fat.

The strength gains from the Trest were more rapid and constant that I have had for any other compound I have run to to date. Muscle gain wasn’t as significant, but keep in mind I was eating in a severe calorie deficit most of the cycle around 1700 calories a day! I was actually trying to lose weight this cycle. After running the cycle, I have come to the concluding I I think that is almost impossible as I kept to my diet most of the cycle in a big deficit and that did not happen. Could only imagine what Trest can do on a bulk!

Only bad side effect was severe night sweats. Here is a before pic followed by an after pic. Think I will be including Trest in most if not all future cycles!
F5083C8E-11B6-4CB5-8FD7-452FCC83B427.jpeg
9F5075E1-9F7D-49F6-938A-C026548AE0D9.jpeg

Last edited:

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Here is another before pic followed by an after pic.
868B98E9-A1F0-4B1C-BF0C-0111C344477F.jpeg
999BB827-C078-4429-8D8D-E8462F2F4721.jpeg

Last edited:

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Is there even a difference in the before and after pics?? Want honest feedback because I don’t really see it much which is getting me discouraged.

Last edited:
gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It looks like you lost some fat and abs look better. Appears your waist has shrunk and arms grew. All good.
I always have a hard time getting good pictures to compare, so I take before and after body measurements and seems more accurate for me. If my chest, arms and legs grow and my waist and body fat shrink, then I’m good. Also with your calories low you may not have seen the growth you anticipated, but good job. You gained some muscle and lost fat, while increasing strength.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thanks man. Sometimes I am my own worst critic and cant see the changes. Got to be patient as body transformation is certainly a marathon and not a sprint.

trumac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I missed this but just read it all. Trest plus DHT is an awesome combo. You did good. PRs non stop and lost fat and gained muscle eating in a deficit

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ya thanks bro. I gotta stop being my own worst critic. I always compare each cycle to my first methylated bulk I ran with DMZ and like 3 Sarms when I gained 20 pounds of muscle, but I realize the first cycle is always the best when your newbie. Plus I was in a deficit this time so know way I can add massive amounts of muscle on 1600, 1700 calories a day. I am glad I got bros on the board here to encourage me. Plus I know eventually all those strength gains from the PRS I had will eventually result in increased size when I am eating more calories since strength increases always precedes muscle size.

This cycle was definitely fun. Like you said the DHTs did a good job at offsetting estrogen sides from the Trest so I was able to avoid needlessly tanking my estrogen with an AI. I LOVE Trest. Already planning next cycle December 2. Gonna see how DHT Superdrol with Trest will work for a bulk!

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Agree with what everyone else said...Also see if you can get a “pic joiner” type of app and put both pics side by side in one photo.

trumac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ya thanks bro. I gotta stop being my own worst critic. I always compare each cycle to my first methylated bulk I ran with DMZ and like 3 Sarms when I gained 20 pounds of muscle, but I realize the first cycle is always the best when your newbie. Plus I was in a deficit this time so know way I can add massive amounts of muscle on 1600, 1700 calories a day. I am glad I got bros on the board here to encourage me. Plus I know eventually all those strength gains from the PRS I had will eventually result in increased size when I am eating more calories since strength increases always precedes muscle size.

This cycle was definitely fun. Like you said the DHTs did a good job at offsetting estrogen sides from the Trest so I was able to avoid needlessly tanking my estrogen with an AI. I LOVE Trest. Already planning next cycle December 2. Gonna see how DHT Superdrol with Trest will work for a bulk!
I have superdrol and IM trest. Maybe I’ll toss them together soon. I’d still run mast with it the whole time. IM trest goes hard on the boobies

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have superdrol and IM trest. Maybe I’ll toss them together soon. I’d still run mast with it the whole time. IM trest goes hard on the boobies
Sounds like a good combo. You should log it. Definitely need to be more on guard I would imagine with intramuscular Trest more so for the estrogen sides. I probably skated by just using DHTs , rather that AIs because even though I was running 60 mg Trest it was tramsdermal so probably only absorbed like 30 to 35 percent which would be almost only 20 mg Trest a day.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Agree with what everyone else said...Also see if you can get a “pic joiner” type of app and put both pics side by side in one photo.
Good idea. I’m old, but hopefully my nontechnologocal ass could figure out how to do that.

trumac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sounds like a good combo. You should log it. Definitely need to be more on guard I would imagine with intramuscular Trest more so for the estrogen sides. I probably skated by just using DHTs , rather that AIs because even though I was running 60 mg Trest it was tramsdermal so probably only absorbed like 30 to 35 percent which would be almost only 20 mg Trest a day.
Yeah I think it’s actually prolactin sides that really get me personally. If you’ve read HGPs posts he’s the same way

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah I think it’s actually prolactin sides that really get me personally. If you’ve read HGPs posts he’s the same way
True. I just took SNS Inhibit P, but kept the big gun Caber on hand in case. Harry Gramdpa is a pro on Trest. He is the one who recommends using a DHT. He said in a post go with a low dose 20 mg Epistane to prevent gyno. His advice on his prior posts helped me a great deal planning my cycle as of course the estro sides are the main reason many fear running Trest. You run Trest before?

trumac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
True. I just took SNS Inhibit P, but kept the big gun Caber on hand in case. Harry Gramdpa is a pro on Trest. He is the one who recommends using a DHT. He said in a post go with a low dose 20 mg Epistane to prevent gyno. His advice on his prior posts helped me a great deal planning my cycle as of course the estro sides are the main reason many fear running Trest. You run Trest before?
I’ve run it oral, TD, and IM. He gave me a lot of advice in my IM log that I did on here. Along with Matthersby. I will be including it in the future but like I said along with heavy DHT doses.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed to read entire log. Looks good though