Ephedrine Source

Tchap

Awards
Now that it's summer time and

EPHEDRINE IS LEGAL IN THE US AS OF 2016

I was curious if anyone had a legit source other than Bronkaid or Prim.

Thanks brothas!!!

1test

1test

Awards
  • Established
Cheaper here in Canada.
Many online supplement/med stores sell it online.
If you can't find in the states.
Google.ca

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Buy from Canada, there's still a limit on the amount you can buy just a heads up. I don't think they removed that part

Tchap

Awards
Every place I've tried in Canada has told me that it's illegal to ship to the US. Over the phone anyways lol.

Can you PM any stores that still will?

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How do you guys not know this? Lol... It's been legal forever. I believe the same year it was banned it ws also lifted due to resounding medical studies indicating it's safety. The federal law limits you to 9 grams per month or in some cases 3g limit per purchase on top of the 9g limit and most states honor and uphold that same law. They just monitor your purchase via swiping your driver's license when you buy it. Primatene IS Ephedrine, lol it just also has some Guaifenesin in there too which doesn't hurt anything. 1 box of Primatene has only 750mg of Ephedrine so by Federal standards, you can have several boxes before getting them concerned about whether your cooking up Meth or not.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I thought it was just legal in forums with the alkaloids removed such as ephedra viridis

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I thought it was just legal in forums with the alkaloids removed such as ephedra viridis
Legal overall, you can only get so much per year tho, I think when I was looking at it a while back it was a reasonably high amount you could get before issues arose

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Legal overall, you can only get so much per year tho, I think when I was looking at it a while back it was a reasonably high amount you could get before issues arose
Yea i have some ephedra viridis currently, and it's not too strong imo. I personally dont plan on touching ephedra sinica though because all the deaths related to it just scare me away from it

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea i have some ephedra viridis currently, and it's not too strong imo. I personally dont plan on touching ephedra sinica though because all the deaths related to it just scare me away from it
??? Ephedra and ephedrine I feel are two different things. We should have clarity on that for the laymen that skim over this thread.

Ephedrine isn't dangerous at all. The extract might very well be unpredictable and probably a good comparison between the two would be like Yohimbe and Yohimbine HCI - just not the same really.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Now that it's summer time and

EPHEDRINE IS LEGAL IN THE US AS OF 2016

I was curious if anyone had a legit source other than Bronkaid or Prim.

Thanks brothas!!!
You should probably ask this in the weightloss section as this is the anabolic section.
Ephedrine was never illegal in the us btw.
You can buy it at Walmart, or your favorite pharmacy.
https://www.google.com/search?q=bronkaid&tbm=shop&prmd=sinv&********lnms&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiTyKTe_ZvUAhWj7YMKHW9ZCjQQ_AUIBygB&biw=375&bih=559&dpr=2

Ninja23

Awards
I go to GNC buy 200 tabs of ephedrine hcl 8mgs each for $20

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Not in the us you don't.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sorry, but Ephedrine HCL or Sulfate behind the counter at your local drug store is nothing like the Ma Huang Alkaloids that were used in the fat burners years ago. Also, the Guaifenesin content in Primatene and Bronkaid further reduce the impact. We are talking two entirely different levels here..

You are better off looking for an ECA stack from a research company...not kidding.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry, but Ephedrine HCL or Sulfate behind the counter at your local drug store is nothing like the Ma Huang Alkaloids that were used in the fat burners years ago. Also, the Guaifenesin content in Primatene and Bronkaid further reduce the impact. We are talking two entirely different levels here..

You are better off looking for an ECA stack from a research company...not kidding.
So the expectorant reduces the potency somehow, but what else are you suggesting? That 25mg of pure Ephedrine in Primatene is not the same as Ephedrine in other sources? Or are you suggesting Ephedra is stronger than Ephedrine?

Just need a connection to something empirical I guess.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

via Imgflip Meme Generator

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So the expectorant reduces the potency somehow, but what else are you suggesting? That 25mg of pure Ephedrine in Primatene is not the same as Ephedrine in other sources? Or are you suggesting Ephedra is stronger than Ephedrine?

I see you trollin.....you hatin... just tryin ya catchem writin dirty... :spankme:

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Ma Huang Alkaloids contained more than just ephedrine, and that is why it was so special...
The_Old_Guy posted this link for some info: https://www.sigmaaldrich.com/life-sc...ra-sinica.html

We all know that Guaifenesin is an expectorant, but it also has a muscle relaxant effect which can make you feel fatigued. Definitely hits me hard in that regard.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Drowsiness is a possible side effect, but not common.
I've never known anyone to get fatigued from bronkaid or primatene.

They put it in there to inhibit its use in making crystal meth.

But yea, I'd like to see research showing ephedra to be more potent on a consistent basis than the hcl or sulphate salt of pure ephedrine.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I've never tried pure Ephedrine, but I never notice anything great from Bronkaid for energy, and I used to always take my first dose then fall back asleep for a couple hours. I'd be interested in if it was any different without the Guaifenesin for me.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've never known anyone to get fatigued from bronkaid or primatene.

They put it in there to inhibit its use in making crystal meth.

But yea, I'd like to see research showing ephedra to be more potent on a consistent basis than the hcl or sulphate salt of pure ephedrine.
Well you have heard of it now. Have you ever tried Mucinex? Not conducive to energy..

Guaifenesin is placed in Bronkaid/Primatene as a mucolytic and expectorant for asthmatics as that is why these medications are made. The inability to produce meth from it as a consequence is just a little bonus..

Ma Huang alkaloids were more potent than Ephedrine HCL/Sulfate as it contained more active compounds. I suspect you never had the opportunity to try the original Dymetadrine Xtreme, Xenadrine, Hydroxycut formulas? I you had, you would not be questioning any of this.

This kind sums it up..

https://thinksteroids.com/steroid-profiles/ephedrine/

Hey...if you like it though, that's cool. Just didn't work out for me..

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've never tried pure Ephedrine, but I never notice anything great from Bronkaid for energy, and I used to always take my first dose then fall back asleep for a couple hours. I'd be interested in if it was any different without the Guaifenesin for me.
I was doing the same thing, I could take one and go right back to sleep as well. Guafenesin is nice when you have a some congestion to get rid of. Other than that, it is horrendous.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well you have heard of it now. Have you ever tried Mucinex? Not conducive to energy..

Guaifenesin is placed in Bronkaid/Primatene as a mucolytic and expectorant for asthmatics as that is why these medications are made. The inability to produce meth from it as a consequence is just a little bonus..

Ma Huang alkaloids were more potent than Ephedrine HCL/Sulfate as it contained more active compounds. I suspect you never had the opportunity to try the original Dymetadrine Xtreme, Xenadrine, Hydroxycut formulas? I you had, you would not be questioning any of this.

This kind sums it up..

https://thinksteroids.com/steroid-profiles/ephedrine/

Hey...if you like it though, that's cool. Just didn't work out for me..
I don't get sleepy from mucinex, or drowsy.

nice little write up by billy. Though it doesn't contain a meta analysis of studies comparing ephedrine an ephedra.
I noted the term "consistent" as the issue with ephedra is as you've already pointed out, ( and is pointed out in the article) is there is no control over what you get. You might get some good stuff. You might get garbage. You may get something so potent it sends you to the hospital. And I had used original ephedra back in 98. It isn't as clean as ephedrine.
I learned something new though about the gauifenesin though, that it is thought to be a minor nmda antagonist, which would explain the possible muscle relaxing and anti convulsants properties. But that's not how it works. That's a minor side effect. It works by effecting the mucus thickness an production. But I digress.

As noted in the article you posted, an as I already know, if fat loss is your goal, ephedrine is the compound you want, ideally, as I agree with, without gauifenesin. But, in the us, you're not going to buy it like that at Walmart. Because it's only allowed to be sold with the gauifenesin in it, to prevent meth from being made easily.
You can order it from oversees, but then, you might as well go with clen or albuterol.

One thing I disagree with in that article, there is a difference in the hcl and sulfate salts, you get more ephedrine per mg with the sulfate, when you take into account the weight of the salts.
I personally only use bronkaid or primatene for helping with lethargy on cycles.
There are many other safer, or more effective, compounds for fat loss.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
We all know that Guaifenesin is an expectorant, but it also has a muscle relaxant effect which can make you feel fatigued. Definitely hits me hard in that regard.
Personal reactions aside, I can't find anything written anywhere that Guaifenesin causes drowsiness as a side effect (https://www.drugs.com/sfx/guaifenesin-side-effects.html), or reduces the effectiveness of E-HCL/Sulfate. Wikipedia talks about the "muscle relaxant" aspect, which links to:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3700057/

Now, the caveats are: 1. It's mice. 2. Dosed Intraperitoneally. and 3. Even at the lowest mouse dosage of 100mg/kg - that would equal ~811mg for a 220lb guy. Primatene contains 400mg for TWO tablets. But like I said, as we've seen in the Psycotic thread - some people may react differently. I get zero side effects from Primatene.

OP: Effective Ephedra alkaloids from any source, are ILLEGAL to sell as a dietary supplement in the US - still. Primatene/Bronkaid is your only legal source in the US, and it depends on your State Law. Anything else called "Ephedra" is fake BS sold by scammers. That includes Ephedra Viridis, which is just "Mormon Tea" = no (or ineffective amounts) alkaloids.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Personal reactions aside, I can't find anything written anywhere that Guaifenesin causes drowsiness as a side effect (https://www.drugs.com/sfx/guaifenesin-side-effects.html), or reduces the effectiveness of E-HCL/Sulfate. Wikipedia talks about the "muscle relaxant" aspect, which links to:

Now, the caveats are: 1. It's mice. 2. Dosed Intraperitoneally. and 3. Even at the lowest mouse dosage of 100mg/kg - that would equal ~811mg for a 220lb guy. Primatene contains 400mg for TWO tablets. But like I said, as we've seen in the Psycotic thread - some people may react differently. I get zero side effects from Primatene.

OP: Ephedra alkaloids from Ma Huang/Sinica, are ILLEGAL to sell as a dietary supplement in the US - still. Primatene/Bronkaid is your only legal source in the US, and it depends on your State Law. Anything else called "Ephedra" is fake BS sold by scammers. That includes Ephedra Viridis, which is just "Mormon Tea" = no (or ineffective amounts) alkaloids.
Very first page that came up in my search for "Guaifenesin side effects"

Mucinex may cause mild side effects. Tell your doctor if the symptoms are severe or do not go away.

Some common side effects may include:

Headache
Nausea
Vomiting
Dizziness
Rash
Drowsiness

http://www.everydayhealth.com/drugs/mucinex

Bottom line, it is just not for me. I am jealous of the people that do have success with these products!

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Very first page that came up in my search for "Guaifenesin side effects"

Mucinex may cause mild side effects. Tell your doctor if the symptoms are severe or do not go away.

Some common side effects may include:

Headache
Nausea
Vomiting
Dizziness
Rash
Drowsiness

Bottom line, it is just not for me. I am jealous of the people that do have success with these products!
You just posted what I already stated.
I've never known anyone to get fatigued.
You and billy are the first people in 20 years I've heard getting drowsy from guaifenesin which is why I was so surprised.
I get sinus infections from swimming ( training for tri) so I use mucinex pretty often, it hasn't effected my performance, or if it has, not enough for me to notice.
But companies have to list all possible sides, because every body is different an it's possible.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

OP: Effective Ephedra alkaloids from any source, are ILLEGAL to sell as a dietary supplement in the US - still. Primatene/Bronkaid is your only legal source in the US, and it depends on your State Law. Anything else called "Ephedra" is fake BS sold by scammers. That includes Ephedra Viridis, which is just "Mormon Tea" = no (or ineffective amounts) alkaloids.
Dang look at this old dude.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks bud. I'll look into this.
Sure! Many people take it with the Guaifenesin and claim that it still has some nice effects. If you can get your hands on anything without added Guaifenesin it would certainly be preferred.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Well you can sell whole plant (aka no extracts) ma Huang. As long as it does not contain anything else as well.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't get sleepy from mucinex, or drowsy.

nice little write up by billy. Though it doesn't contain a meta analysis of studies comparing ephedrine an ephedra.
I noted the term "consistent" as the issue with ephedra is as you've already pointed out, ( and is pointed out in the article) is there is no control over what you get. You might get some good stuff. You might get garbage. You may get something so potent it sends you to the hospital. And I had used original ephedra back in 98. It isn't as clean as ephedrine.
I learned something new though about the gauifenesin though, that it is thought to be a minor nmda antagonist, which would explain the possible muscle relaxing and anti convulsants properties. But that's not how it works. That's a minor side effect. It works by effecting the mucus thickness an production. But I digress.

As noted in the article you posted, an as I already know, if fat loss is your goal, ephedrine is the compound you want, ideally, as I agree with, without gauifenesin. But, in the us, you're not going to buy it like that at Walmart. Because it's only allowed to be sold with the gauifenesin in it, to prevent meth from being made easily.
You can order it from oversees, but then, you might as well go with clen or albuterol.

One thing I disagree with in that article, there is a difference in the hcl and sulfate salts, you get more ephedrine per mg with the sulfate, when you take into account the weight of the salts.
I personally only use bronkaid or primatene for helping with lethargy on cycles.
There are many other safer, or more effective, compounds for fat loss.
I think in terms of energy ephedra alkaloids is definitely stronger. Mainly there is just more things that effect the cns in it. Consistentsy can be an issues and it may not feel "clean" but it should be stronger. As for fatloss I've seen nothing to suggest that it would be better than ephedrine HCl. I also don't think I would be better honestly. Also sulphate is much heavy than hydrochloric acid meaning you will get more ephedrine with the HCl version

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Well you can sell whole plant (aka no extracts) ma Huang. As long as it does not contain anything else as well.
I wonder why all these shady companies' selling "Ephedra" leaves from Nevadensis, etc... don't just use ground up Sinica stems then? If it's legal? Something tells me that if it was, they would be. I mean, you could sell a 200+ count bottle and just have them take ten 000 caps of of stem powder or something?

IANL, but this 2017 Import Alert leads me to believe that any and all of the species that have actual effective alkaloids in them, are banned from importation:

https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cms_ia/importalert_144.html

Import Alert Name:
"Detention Without Physical Examination of Dietary Supplements And Bulk Dietary Ingredients Containing Ephedrine Alkaloids From All Countries"
But I don't man - that 'Law' stuff gets confusing :D

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wonder why all these shady companies' selling "Ephedra" leaves from Nevadensis, etc... don't just use ground up Sinica stems then? If it's legal? Something tells me that if it was, they would be. I mean, you could sell a 200+ count bottle and just have them take ten 000 caps of of stem powder or something?

IANL, but this 2017 Import Alert leads me to believe that any and all of the species that have actual effective alkaloids in them, are banned from importation:

https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cms_ia/importalert_144.html

But I don't man - that 'Law' stuff gets confusing :D
This may be true. I'm not all law person as well. Although have every time I'm in the weird medicine shop in a Chinatown the always have ma Huang tea and or powder. Although you definitely can buy seeds for it. I even see them at Zamzows Lowe's etc

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Although you definitely can buy seeds for it. I even see them at Zamzows Lowe's etc
Hopefully not GMO'd to eliminate the alkaloids :D Man, *that* would be cool to grow a ton of Sinica - I have 5 acres... :D I just may try to find seeds just for S & Giggles!

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hopefully not GMO'd to eliminate the alkaloids :D Man, *that* would be cool to grow a ton of Sinica - I have 5 acres... :D I just may try to find seeds just for S & Giggles!
That could be possible. Hopefully not though

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Has anyone here tried contacting a CDN retailer with this information or for a reason as to why importing to the US is still blocked?

I'd love to see EHCl readily available for you all. The first retailer to make that change and advertise it for sale to the US would sell out in no time.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
All said and done, I'd rather just have Adderol but finding a source for that has proven to be difficult.

Ephedrine is a nice change up from Clen/Albuterol but so is the old Dexaprine that I'm still working on. That suff has a bunch of T2 mixed in with DMAA, bitter orange and green tea extract. I like it pretty good but I just need something different and stout at this point. Running 22 weeks of contest pre has left me fizzlin out and zapped. Kratom only goes so far lol and Clen/Modafinil is now a bad joke at best.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Has anyone here tried contacting a CDN retailer with this information or for a reason as to why importing to the US is still blocked?

I'd love to see EHCl readily available for you all. The first retailer to make that change and advertise it for sale to the US would sell out in no time.
Any import of plant *anything* that contains alkaloids, is banned. Dietary supplements can't contain any at all = aldulterated. Synthetically produced E-HCL/SULF (like Primatene from Pfizer) is a controlled substance (outright banned in some states, ID needed with limits imposed in the others). And due to the Methamphetamine fear mongering - I'm not even sure Pfizer could sell pure Eph, (like Kaizen does in CAN) without the expectorant. Again, not a lawyer.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Thanks for that!

That one little difference causes all the trouble... Hope Canada never changes this for us.

I

Rand0m

Awards
  • Established
Jealous of those of you who could fall asleep after taking bronkaid. If I dose it any closer than 6 hours from bedtime I am screwed for the night (which limits my window). I am pretty sensitive to stims though. I only take half a bronkaid at a time, the whole tablet makes me spazzed out. I mainly use it as an appetite suppressant and energy which is much needed at the end of a diet.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Jealous of those of you who could fall asleep after taking bronkaid. If I dose it any closer than 6 hours from bedtime I am screwed for the night (which limits my window). I am pretty sensitive to stims though. I only take half a bronkaid at a time, the whole tablet makes me spazzed out. I mainly use it as an appetite suppressant and energy which is much needed at the end of a diet.
Dude my adrenal system is fried and wont likely be fixed until I decide to stop competing for longer than a year or two. You do not want to be jealous.

Rand0m

Awards
  • Established
Dude my adrenal system is fried and wont likely be fixed until I decide to stop competing for longer than a year or two. You do not want to be jealous.
Competitors are a different species . I'd just like being able to sleep a little easier when taking stims. I rarely take them long enough to build any kind of tolerance to them. But yeah, wouldn't want fried adrenals.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Competitors are a different species . I'd just like being able to sleep a little easier when taking stims. I rarely take them long enough to build any kind of tolerance to them. But yeah, wouldn't want fried adrenals.
Buy some generic Benadryl and take that before bed, it does a good job of flicking the switch off with most stimulants. You could also experiment with something like Dream-N-Grow.

Rand0m

Awards
  • Established
Buy some generic Benadryl and take that before bed, it does a good job of flicking the switch off with most stimulants. You could also experiment with something like Dream-N-Grow.
Benadryl does usually knocks me out. Makes me pretty groggy though.