Ephedra sinica extract or ephedrine HCl ?

What is more effective in the ECA stack?

• ephedra sinica stems (i.e. pre-ban yellow jackets)

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • ephedrine hcl pharma grade

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
living2die

living2die

Awards
Hey,

What do you all think is the better product? I have tried ephedrine HCl, it works, but it doesn't seem to have the same effect on me as the ol' ephedra sinica supplements (i.e. black beauties, yellow jacket, yellow swarm, etc.)

What do you guys like better and find more effective ?

living2die

living2die

Awards
It is interesting no note that while pharm grade ephedrine hcl simply contains the racemic mixture of d l ephedrine, the ephedrine alkaloid content from ephedra sinica stems is quite different:

Ephedra contains the alkaloids ephedrine, pseudoephedrine (isoephedrine), norpseudoephedrine (cathine), norephedrine, methylephedrine, methylpseudoephedrine8, tannins9, and other constituents, including quinoline and 6-hydroxykynurenic acid10. The stem contains approximately 0.5-2.5% alkaloids, with ephedrine accounting for 30- 90% of the total alkaloid content.

Maybe this is why some of us get a better kick from ephedra sinica...man I miss the old days !

Hey,

What do you all think is the better product? I have tried ephedrine HCl, it works, but it doesn't seem to have the same effect on me as the ol' ephedra sinica supplements (i.e. black beauties, yellow jacket, yellow swarm, etc.)

What do you guys like better and find more effective ?

living2die

living2die

Awards
All stimulants will increase the heart rate to some extent. This includes amphetamines, caffeine, modafinil, cocaine, MDMA, MDA, etc. etc. etc.

They are called stimulants for a reason...

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
All stimulants will increase the heart rate to some extent. This includes amphetamines, caffeine, modafinil, cocaine, MDMA, MDA, etc. etc. etc.

They are called stimulants for a reason...
You are correct... some activate different receptors and cause different increases in heart rate, palpitations, and tremors.