Energy Drinks 101

MikeSumthin

MikeSumthin

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I'm a veteran of Monster, Rockstar, Redbull, Bang, & Reign.

I'm looking for stuff that is better for me in the long haul, still wakes me up, and also doesn't taste like carbonated cough medicine or the stupid white & green tea crap.

Was thinking about giving Ghost energy drinks a go... Anyone have any good experiences w others? Raze maybe?

semtex

semtex

Awards

I'm looking for stuff that is better for me in the long haul, still wakes me up, and also doesn't taste like carbonated cough medicine or the stupid white & green tea crap.

Was thinking about giving Ghost energy drinks a go... Anyone have any good experiences w others? Raze maybe?
Ghost sour patch kids redberry and blue raspberry are amazing just pricey. Not a fan of C4, but I do like the C4 smart energy. There is also the adrenaline shoc energy drinks and raze energy there ok. But I would go with Ghost for sure.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i get a 4 pack of redline drinks when they are on sale at krogers, otherwise i mostly use powders because they are stronger than what i can get rtd, have a wider variety of formulas, and are usually cheaper....

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Focus XT if looking at powder. You will save a fortune going this route. I now consume these for my sweet tooth as they are 6 for $1.00 and consume my stims via caps and tabs.

MikeSumthin

MikeSumthin

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Ghost sour patch kids redberry and blue raspberry are amazing just pricey. Not a fan of C4, but I do like the C4 smart energy. There is also the adrenaline shoc energy drinks and raze energy there ok. But I would go with Ghost for sure.
Scored 2 cases of the red Sour patch kids and a few citrus, and Warheads watermelon... very good. Great focus, and just feels like cleaner, wakeup energy overall. Thanks for the input.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Focus XT if looking at powder. You will save a fortune going this route. I now consume these for my sweet tooth as they are 6 for $1.00 and consume my stims via caps and tabs.

View attachment 205054
I haven't tried the starburst ones yet. I'll have do try those.

And definitely agreed - Focus XT is a much better value and offers a lot more benefits than canned energy drinks. Its great for focus and energy and has some great cumulative effects with daily use.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I liked the taste of Raze flavors quite a bit, particularly Apollo. But if you're looking for something different, you could try Alani Nu. Just had their trippie hippie (pineapple) flavor and it was good. I think @ELROCK just had their tie dye flavor and had positive things to say.

Calisthenic Kyle

Calisthenic Kyle

Awards

I went from every energy drink under the sun to coffee only and I don't think I'll ever go back. You can do iced coffee also in the summer. Way healthier for you than any energy drink that is for sure!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Another vote for Focus XT! Wife and I have been taking it for over a year daily.
Thank you. I'm glad that both of you are enjoying it. It's my daily go to as well.

I may drink the occasional energy drink at times later in the day, but Focus XT is either my morning go to or my after lunch go to; and I decide basically based on what the morning or afternoon holds for me and which part of the day I need the most focus in.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ghost hands down sucks. Over priced and I've gone out of my way three times to pick one up. All just gross. I'm a Monster Ultra series fan myself

My other vote would be Focus XT. Haven't stopped it since the upgrade release. Easily 30+ tubs. Even when I tried OL Grind or jacked Factorie's Cognisurge, I still went back to Focus XT.

MikeSumthin

MikeSumthin

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I'm a Monster Ultra series fan myself

My other vote would be Focus XT.
Ultra just seems like it probably has some sweetener ingredients that would cause cancer or make you glow in the dark 15years from now...

Def wanting to try FocusXT... big fan of CEL and SNS.

semtex

semtex

Awards
Reign has some good flavors too, cherry limeade, white gummy bear, orange dream, and mango.

semtex

semtex

Awards
Ghost hands down sucks. Over priced and I've gone out of my way three times to pick one up. All just gross. I'm a Monster Ultra series fan myself

My other vote would be Focus XT. Haven't stopped it since the upgrade release. Easily 30+ tubs. Even when I tried OL Grind or jacked Factorie's Cognisurge, I still went back to Focus XT.
I use to be a monster ultra fan but that was before every company on the planet start releasing energy drinks. But for me the best monster ultra is the orange and the cherry. I tried the gold can which I believe it's pineapple and it's alright.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
FocusXT bro gets the win .. for me just 1 scoop is enough to begin the day but know plenty that do 2 scoops

and tastes are really good .. i do love my occasional energy drink here and there usually its Monster(sugar free V) or Nos (from vending machine at work)

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
FocusXT bro gets the win .. for me just 1 scoop is enough to begin the day but know plenty that do 2 scoops

and tastes are really good .. i do love my occasional energy drink here and there usually its Monster(sugar free V) or Nos (from vending machine at work)
Just need to make it into a carbonated can! How about it @sns8778?

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
ive had this discussion with him .. if i ever win a lotto, i would give some to SNS and make this happen so my AM fans can drink something healthy and good for once from RTD lol

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I wish that was a possibility but we don't have the cash flow or a large enough distribution network to do that. Plus, it would have to significantly scaled back because its almost double the mg of actives that can stay mixed in a carbonated drink according to one of the manufacturers I did check with at one time.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I wish that was a possibility but we don't have the cash flow or a large enough distribution network to do that. Plus, it would have to significantly scaled back because its almost double the mg of actives that can stay mixed in a carbonated drink according to one of the manufacturers I did check with at one time.
Focus XT Lite?? Makes sense though. Wonder if you could do an RTD or concentrated shot, like Redcon1 does with Total War and FUBAR. They pull out one ingredient, maybe bioperine, in the RTD version probably for similar reasons.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
For RTD, Cellucor or Ghost.

I like Focus XT but that doesn't classify as a RTD.
I think you may have made the same assumption I did at first - when I first looked at the thread title and it said energy drinks, I thought it meant RTD's. But in his post, he asked about what people have used as energy drinks. I think that's where the replies on Focus XT came in because a lot of people do use Focus XT in place of energy drinks. That's actually one of the ways we do market it - as a nootropic daily use energy drink and alternative to sugary canned energy drinks.

So definitely not an RTD, but a great energy drink :)

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Focus XT Lite?? Makes sense though. Wonder if you could do an RTD or concentrated shot, like Redcon1 does with Total War and FUBAR. They pull out one ingredient, maybe bioperine, in the RTD version probably for similar reasons.
The MOQ is so large on them and we just don't have the distribution network or the cash flow. Honestly, for one run of energy drinks, we could probably put out 15+ new products. To make that be successful, you have to have a really good distribution network in place. I hope that one day we can; but it wouldn't work now.

I would absolutely love to do a Focus XT concentrated shot. High MOQ's but not as bad as the energy drinks.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That’s why you need to learn to micro dose and pixie dust the ingredients

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
That’s why you need to learn to micro dose and pixie dust the ingredients
I know, I know. That whole darn honesty, ethics, and trying to do things the right way sure does cost me a lot of money lol :ROFLMAO:

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I went from every energy drink under the sun to coffee only and I don't think I'll ever go back. You can do iced coffee also in the summer. Way healthier for you than any energy drink that is for sure!
same here . Recently quit energy drinks. Drank one the other day and felt like there was a toxicity to my body. Also, after you stop , they start to taste gross

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
same here . Recently quit energy drinks. Drank one the other day and felt like there was a toxicity to my body. Also, after you stop , they start to taste gross
I'm starting to trend this way. Not drinking as many energy drinks and 2 scoops is now 1 scoop and I would like to get away from it all as much as possible.

MikeSumthin

MikeSumthin

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I'm starting to trend this way. Not drinking as many energy drinks and 2 scoops is now 1 scoop and I would like to get away from it all as much as possible.
Wish I drank coffee...
I cycle on and off preworkout but it def is needed alot.

MikeSumthin

MikeSumthin

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Honestly think it is better this way. I notice some pre workouts are cleaner than others
I'm a fan of Redcon1's Total War...
But I'm going start venturing onto others... as well as this award winning, infamous, mega miracle potion "FocusXT".

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
But I'm going start venturing onto others... as well as this award winning, infamous, mega miracle potion "FocusXT".
I like FocusXT as a work/study aid. Or low stim alternative to an energy drink. I don't use it pre-WO because it wouldn't be strong enough, but a little mental edge. But I know a few others who combine FocusXT with some other caffeinated sources pre-WO and like it that way too.

tullius

Awards
I was considering getting one of those countertop carbonator appliances to carbonoate things like focus XT, would that cause actives to precipitate out of suspension you think? I love my bubbles but energy drinks are trash compared to things like focus XT

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I was considering getting one of those countertop carbonator appliances to carbonoate things like focus XT, would that cause actives to precipitate out of suspension you think? I love my bubbles but energy drinks are trash compared to things like focus XT
I don't think it would affect anything. I never thought about that. I don't even really like things very carbonated, but now you have my curiosity up and I might get one of those myself if I can find one that isn't too expensive. My daughter uses Focus XT daily and I think she'd like that too.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
There are a lot of great pre-workout options available.

VasoForce XT - Stim Free capsule pre-workout.

VasoForce Rush - VasoForce XT + Stims; most people report great energy and positive mood from the stim combination.

Super Swole - the new Super Swole should be out in 2 to 3 weeks best guess. Great stim free pre-workout.

Pump Addict Ultra-Hardcore (Muscle Addiction) - great for people that like high stims. I normally work out in the evenings but when I work out in the mornings or have something very early in the mornings and really need something to get me going, I love this one. For fans of the OG RE1Gn, its very similar.

Energized Aminos - Amino9 + Caffeine + TeaCrine. Versatile in that you can use however many scoops to meet desired preference or you can do one scoop Focus XT and one scoop Energized Aminos.

Focus XT - whether Focus XT is a good option for a pre-workout depends on what you want out of a pre-workout. If you're looking for maxed out energy, I'd go with Pump Addict Ultra Hardcore or VasoForce Rush. But if you're the type of person that is stressed, overwhelmed with life, has a hard time focusing on your workouts, or may even choose to miss a workout because your mind is racing and you can't get in the mood to go do it, Focus XT is an awesome pre-workout choice for that person. I'm a great example of this - bc my mind doesn't stop. I'll try to work out and I'm thinking about formulas, how much label text I'm behind on, this or that stress of running a business, stuff I need to do for my daughter, etc. Focus XT really helps me focus on my workout and keep my mind off the other stuff.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I like FocusXT as a work/study aid. Or low stim alternative to an energy drink. I don't use it pre-WO because it wouldn't be strong enough, but a little mental edge. But I know a few others who combine FocusXT with some other caffeinated sources pre-WO and like it that way too.
I like Focus XT myself to help me think and focus better when working or even for sports bc my mind tends to wander. It is definitely a great study aid.

The amount of Caffeine in Focus XT is on par with the original energy drinks. The OG ones started at 80, 120, or 160 mg. of caffeine. Focus XT has 175 total; 161 active mg. Caffeine. Then the new wave came along with 240 mg. and 300 mg. The reason for the caffeine content of Focus XT being 161 mg. is for several reasons but two of the biggest are:
- It's so diverse in its uses that many people like to drink one serving twice per day and I'm not comfortable recommending something that would have 300 mg. caffeine twice per day. So putting 300 mg. per serving would limit its versatility for many people. Plus, at 160 mg., it doesn't interfere with the person still wanting their coffee in the morning, their tea at lunch, etc.
- A certain reasonable amount of caffeine with nootropics can help the nootropics perform better. Going too high stim will offset the nootropics and 'over power them' to where you just have more of a stim product than a focus one, and then for some people that would take away a lot of the benefits that they use it for.

^^^ I'm sure you already knew those. I'm just pointing them out to anyone that may be reading the thread now or in the future.

I think whether it makes for a good pre-workout depends on what a person wants from a pre-workout. If you want off the rails energy, definitely not. But if you are stressed, your mind wanders, you can't focus on your workouts because of the stresses of day to day life and you find yourself working out or trying to work out but you mind is somewhere else, then Focus XT is a great pre-workout for that person (which includes me a lot of times).

I like doing Focus XT pre-workout and then mixing and sipping Energized Aminos as a pre/intra.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Is there a connection between SNS/CEL and Muscle Addiction? FWIW I just bought Pump Addict.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I don't think it would affect anything. I never thought about that. I don't even really like things very carbonated, but now you have my curiosity up and I might get one of those myself if I can find one that isn't too expensive. My daughter uses Focus XT daily and I think she'd like that too.
I have one of those and every time ive tried adding EAA/BCAA etc to the carbonated water it reacts and a fountain of water squirts from the bottle. So be aware that something like that can happen!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I have one of those and every time ive tried adding EAA/BCAA etc to the carbonated water it reacts and a fountain of water squirts from the bottle. So be aware that something like that can happen!
I hadn't looked at them to see how they work but I could see that happening for sure.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Is there a connection between SNS/CEL and Muscle Addiction? FWIW I just bought Pump Addict.
I think you'll be very pleased with Pump Addict. Where did you find it at?

SNS and Competitive Edge Labs are completely separate companies. On AM, a lot of people realize there is an association in the sense of ownership and operations but even some on here don't. But I'd say overall, probably 95% of people outside AM don't know that there is any common association at all.

CEL is more the brand for the hardcore bodybuilding customer base. Sure, some CEL products would be great for everyone - like M-Test would be great for bodybuilders but also any guy with low testosterone that wanted to increase libido, sense of well-being, mood, etc. But if you think about it, the average non-bodybuilder 50 yr old guy is not going to buy a test booster with flames on the label bc 'it's for those bodybuilding guys'.

SNS is the brand for everyone, but to be for everyone the label styles are different. For SNS to appeal to the fitness enthusiasts and the general health and fitness market, the Baseline (single ingredient or simple formula) labels are clean and descriptive. The Health Series labels have a clean, clinical type look to them. And Focus XT, VasoForce XT, VasoForce Rush, etc. have a very clean presentation to them. That way it appeals to a much more diverse customer base.

^^^ it's for those reasons that outside the forums, people that like one brand aren't necessarily familiar with the other or if they are, not necessarily familiar with any commonality.

Muscle Addiction isn't associated with SNS/CEL in the ways that they are associated with each other, but we do warehouse and distribute for Muscle Addiction and I have helped with the formulations for some products that you'll be seeing from them due out later this year.

A side of us that people really don't see on AM is that we have a GMP compliant warehouse facility and a full staff so we do warehouse and distribute for quite a few different companies. In many cases, its easier for those companies to have us handle those aspects of GMP compliance than them handle them themselves. In the case of Muscle Addiction, they don't mind me acknowledging that. But for most companies we warehouse and ship for, I have NDA's in place where I can't answer questions like this.

Also, I've done formulation work for quite a few other companies for years. A lot of people that formulate for other brands like to make sure that people know because it builds up their names and reputations, and I completely understand. But in my case, I'm a pretty shy person and instead of my agreements with companies stating I get credit or acknowledgement, they usually state that they aren't allowed to say that I did haha.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Picked up from BPN, although still waiting for them to ship my order due to some other product OOS issues.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Picked up from BPN, although still waiting for them to ship my order due to some other product OOS issues.
I'm glad they still had some in stock. Muscle Addiction has been out of stock on it for awhile now. They're supposed to have it back in stock week after next I believe. I think the Blue Raspberry Lemonade will be back in first and then the Candy Explosion probably a week later.

I like the flavors. That product has some truly great but truly hard to flavor ingredients in there. It doesn't taste like some of your pre's that have very little in them and taste like Kool Aid + Caffeine but for what they have in them, I think the flavors are good.

If you're stim sensitive at all, start off with one scoop.

Funny story - I had tasted it before but the first time I ever drank 2 scoops was one day that I was helping clean out an old barn on a farm. It had a lot of stuff in there and I had worked until like 2 am the night before so I was dragging. Keep in mind I'm not hyper or an energetic person at all. I never have been and now days I hurt and feel like crap most of the time from my autoimmune condition so I'm good at faking being 'normal' I guess you would say, but definitely not energetic. And I'm pretty stim tolerant so I figured what the heck, I needed to wake up. It was comical - it would have probably made for a good parody or cartoon type skit because we were moving old farm stuff, furniture, etc. and lots of trips up and down old barn steps and I'm hyped up. Like 4 hours in and everyone else is about to die and I'm like - what's next. They're taking breaks and I'm moving stuff that I didn't even have to move just to organize and stay busy. Everyone was like wtf is wrong with you? It was great haha.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
would love to try focus xt soon and give a review . Possibly for the muscle addict pre , as well since it’s so close to I am supreme. I’m assuming you guys use 2 servings of focus xt for pre workout? Nootropics and focus is more of my thing for pre. Never like feeling too stimmed. Lately , if I go over a certain mg of caffeine, my stomach feels bloated. Wasn’t like that before, but it’s changed

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I actually thought the Muscle Addiction branding was very similiar to BPI.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
would love to try focus xt soon and give a review . Possibly for the muscle addict pre , as well since it’s so close to I am supreme. I’m assuming you guys use 2 servings of focus xt for pre workout? Nootropics and focus is more of my thing for pre. Never like feeling too stimmed. Lately , if I go over a certain mg of caffeine, my stomach feels bloated. Wasn’t like that before, but it’s changed
Ive never gone over 1 scoop on Focus-XT, to me its perfectly dosed as is. I do usually add a pump pwo to it if i use it as a PWO and not a clean energy/focus drink.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I actually thought the Muscle Addiction branding was very similiar to BPI.
I see this said for almost any product that has a diagonal label style; which I think is a good example of how good of a job BPI does with their advertising to make people associate almost every diagonal label style with theirs. The first one that I saw that size was the original Labrada Charge product and I actually saw someone in recent years say Labrada copied BPI when Labrada had charge before I even knew BPI was a company. Fahrenheit uses a diagonal style as well.

I spend time looking at so many labels that I don't see the similarity in the Muscle Addiction labels and BPI's at all past the diagonal aspect. Logos completely different, placement of tag lines and info is different; BPI doesn't have the advisory boxes, colors are completely different etc.

If you look at Muscle Addictions capsule bottles like the EpiAndro300 and EpiAndro Lean, they look nothing like BPI's in my opinion. If you look at the powder products, I can see more of the similarity bc the diagonal placement is so associated with BPI but they weren't meant to have anything to do with BPI, they were just basically a shrink sleeve version of their capsule labels. And the neckband actually resembles the Super Swole neckband more than it does the BPI ones that I've seen.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I look forward to seeing your thoughts on it. I love Focus XT.

There are days where I use 2 servings in a day but I don't use 2 scoops at once. I've seen where some people do, but for pre-workout purposes, I'm more likely to do 1 scoop of Focus XT or 1 scoop of Focus XT + 1 scoop of Energized Aminos.

Focus before a workout is definitely what I need moreso than being over-stimmed too.