Emotional/Psychological Effects of Steroids/SARMs/PHs, or other PEDs

Zvch

Zvch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Since this seems to be the less talked about aspect of PED use, I thought it’d be interesting to start a discussion about personal experience with specific compounds and if/how they affected you emotionally or mentally.

We know they affect many more pathways than just the ones that are responsible for hormone production and regulation and this is part of why the world of AAS and experimentation with them is so interesting to me. Another part of why this interests me so much is because any two people may react entirely different to the same exact compound for whatever reason.

It doesn’t have to be side-effects in a negative sense, but just in general.

For instance, LGD-4033 makes me super emotional in a good way and enhances my mood and sensitivity to life situations - almost like it’s peeling away some numbness. And I know this is in no way related to estrogen because I have a ton of experience with high and low estrogen and keeping them in check. My estrogen can be slightly low on LGD and I still feel this way.

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
On most AAS, I feel a little extra confidence and aggression. Trest for me is in a new league though. I feel good all around, very confident and am able to channel my aggression when needed. Love the stuff.

Didn’t get much of anything emotionally related from LGD.

Steeleydan

Awards
  • Established
I blast and cruise and i certainly feel aggressive or at least more easily agitated on most compounds. Like RB said, trest is completely different ballgame for me and a lot of others, some days i can get more agitated on it but eith trest and test i mostly have good days and feel better than usual. For most oral and other compounds, i feel a general malaise and just am not in a good place mentally, like im depressed outside of the gym and its all i think about. With trest and test i enjoy life and my mine is not clouded in this AAS induced shitstorm. Also, when i come off of trest i feel a week of mild depression/lethargy then back to feeling normal. So yeah, most AAS effect my wellbeing negatively but also as ive said before, I am not a good candidate for AAS so i avoid the majority of them lol. Trest/test for me until further notice.

Edit: damn i swear every one of my posts turns into a trest promotion haha. The point im making is; Yea, pretty much all AAS make me anxious, agitated, and depressed, with rhe exception of a few compounds

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think people really battle with it when they get older, especially the self esteem aspects of not being what you were...and you never will be..in terms of looks and performance. It seems that is a big part why people take these things initially and it only gets harder the older you get.

Father time is undefeated

Zvch

Zvch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I blast and cruise and i certainly feel aggressive or at least more easily agitated on most compounds. Like RB said, trest is completely different ballgame for me and a lot of others, some days i can get more agitated on it but eith trest and test i mostly have good days and feel better than usual. For most oral and other compounds, i feel a general malaise and just am not in a good place mentally, like im depressed outside of the gym and its all i think about. With trest and test i enjoy life and my mine is not clouded in this AAS induced shitstorm. Also, when i come off of trest i feel a week of mild depression/lethargy then back to feeling normal. So yeah, most AAS effect my wellbeing negatively but also as ive said before, I am not a good candidate for AAS so i avoid the majority of them lol. Trest/test for me until further notice.

Edit: damn i swear every one of my posts turns into a trest promotion haha. The point im making is; Yea, pretty much all AAS make me anxious, agitated, and depressed, with rhe exception of a few compounds
Nah I’m glad you said that cause I feel mild depression when I come off Trest for a week or two as well. I’m slightly detatched emotionally while on it too. I also get that desensitization to intoxicants, caffeine, DMAA, other stimulants like people experience when coming off of Deca. That seems to last a bit longer.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Since this seems to be the less talked about aspect of PED use, I thought it’d be interesting to start a discussion about personal experience with specific compounds and if/how they affected you emotionally or mentally.

We know they affect many more pathways than just the ones that are responsible for hormone production and regulation and this is part of why the world of AAS and experimentation with them is so interesting to me. Another part of why this interests me so much is because any two people may react entirely different to the same exact compound for whatever reason.

It doesn’t have to be side-effects in a negative sense, but just in general.

For instance, LGD-4033 makes me super emotional in a good way and enhances my mood and sensitivity to life situations - almost like it’s peeling away some numbness. And I know this is in no way related to estrogen because I have a ton of experience with high and low estrogen and keeping them in check. My estrogen can be slightly low on LGD and I still feel this way.
I seem to be one of those weird people I swear. Anything that raises my estrogen makes me immune to depression. Idk if this is psychological but it makes me feel invincible and more positive.

I dont take anti es anymore because of this. My blood work is normal (e2 in normal ranges ) which is the opposite of what everyone would tell you, including myself.

I truly do believe testosterone can be a cure for depression for some.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I seem to be one of those weird people I swear. Anything that raises my estrogen makes me immune to depression. Idk if this is psychological but it makes me feel invincible and more positive.

I dont take anti es anymore because of this. My blood work is normal (e2 in normal ranges ) which is the opposite of what everyone would tell you, including myself.

This actually is legit in TRT. It used to be that keeping estrogen in check was a main factor at mood but now actually letting is rise a bit while on TRT has been reported to have better effects overall. A LOT of TRT docs are reconsidering their use of AI's.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
This actually is legit in TRT. It used to be that keeping estrogen in check was a main factor at mood but now actually letting is rise a bit while on TRT has been reported to have better effects overall. A LOT of TRT docs are reconsidering their use of AI's.
There used to also be a trend of anti estrogen abuse. It cost a ton of people quality of life they didn't know they were missing. Im beating the estrogen drum nowadays. My joints feel so much better than when I was scared of boobies.

Zvch

Zvch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

For sure. I feel WAY better emotionally and performance wise when my estrogen is in the high end of normal.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
A lot of the stuff I listen to or read from people smarter than me does follow the view that ai’s are used far too much by many. Theme seems to be that ai’s should only be used where excess estrogen is causing gyno

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
On most AAS, I feel a little extra confidence and aggression. Trest for me is in a new league though. I feel good all around, very confident and am able to channel my aggression when needed. Love the stuff.

Yeah agree from my limited experience nothing else (test, epiandro, 4-andro) touches trest. I generally feel good on cycle and like that slight increase in confidence. I’m not an aggressive person normally and haven’t found aas fo increase it. Felt awesome off trest though, like serenely good

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
There’s a reason test is $2 a gram and trest is $40.

Borashi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
DMZ heightened my anxiety levels to scary rip your face off levels. Peeps at work constantly asking why I look angry when feeling normal mood wise. Never had that happen to this degree on any Sarm cycle.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Test make weed stronger. Much strong the weed.

Deca and 19nors give me this unsatisfied feeling where I need to consume and do and live as much as possible and nothing seems good enough.

Test makes me feel good. Pretty plain and simple.

Borashi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Test make weed stronger. Much strong the weed.

Deca and 19nors give me this unsatisfied feeling where I need to consume and do and live as much as possible and nothing seems good enough.

Test makes me feel good. Pretty plain and simple.
That's good to know. I'm starting TRT on Tuesday. I'm excited to see the gains that can be made on test.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I get the same from trest and from tren - feel amazingly great. High test makes me very confident and also makes me handle stressful situations VERY smoothly. I've never gotten emotional/hyper-aggressive/etc from any AAS other than desoxy-test ace and cyp. That $hit had be going bonkers over nothing.... Can't believe I get no bad sides from tren, but that DTA/C had me like that.

edit: epistane turned me into an a$$hole, after it crushed my estrogen levels. It never effects me very well, but I do love it with high-dosed test since it doesn't crush my E2 levels that way.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Dbol. Nobody mentioned dbol. For me, it's like dopamine in a pill. But when I wenture beyond 20mg a day I get to agressive. And since I can't channel that aggression towards people and situations (bc I love being not in jail) the aggression turns into anxiousness.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Dbol. Nobody mentioned dbol. For me, it's like dopamine in a pill. But when I wenture beyond 20mg a day I get to agressive. And since I can't channel that aggression towards people and situations (bc I love being not in jail) the aggression turns into anxiousness.
That is a favorite pastime of mine (not being in jail).