Elevated SHBG and thyroid

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Since being on heavy dosages of thyroid for over 6 years at heavy dosage dealing with lab numbers all over the place esp SHBG, finally after dealing with SHBG issues for 2-3 years they are resolved. In just 8 weeks off being off thyroid my SHBG has gone from 69 down to 30! The message is for some people t-3 can cause elevated SHBG for some reason as this has been shown in studies. This
is great news as I no longer have to worry about using danazol or other forms to manipulate shbg. I am know now recommending t4 and NP thyroid in place of T-3 when working on Dr's case where this is a huge rise in SHBG if on thyroid meds when t-3
is involved I am chopping away one thing at a time getting off meds such as HC (cortef), HCG, thyroid, Next and finally is testosterone after Gi infections are removed which is next on the hit list along with full proper dietary modifications going on full swing with full spectrum natural anti candida and anti bacterial assualt. Antibiotics in the past made matters worse resulting in major issues with joint pains from levaquin. After a lot of research and talking to many different Dr's I think I found something which should resolve these laging GI issues for past 8 years. If on T-3 and elevated SHBG you may want to think about getting off it and making transition to NT or adjusting t-4 up and working on increasing the conversion t4 to t3. Under no circumstance do not stop meds on own, but be under a very knowledgeable health professionals. Transition can be incredible tricky and there will be alot of bumps in the road, but people who have done them are very happy. Many of them had Good T levels to begin with just thyroid bounded them all up. The end result many of them did not need TRT in the end, just proper adjustments of thyroid.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Since being on heavy dosages of thyroid for over 6 years at heavy dosage dealing with lab numbers all over the place esp SHBG, finally after dealing with SHBG issues for 2-3 years they are resolved. In just 8 weeks off being off thyroid my SHBG has gone from 69 down to 30! The message is for some people t-3 can cause elevated SHBG for some reason as this has been shown in studies. This
is great news as I no longer have to worry about using danazol or other forms to manipulate shbg. I am know now recommending t4 and NP thyroid in place of T-3 when working on Dr's case where this is a huge rise in SHBG if on thyroid meds when t-3
is involved I am chopping away one thing at a time getting off meds such as HC (cortef), HCG, thyroid, Next and finally is testosterone after Gi infections are removed which is next on the hit list along with full proper dietary modifications going on full swing with full spectrum natural anti candida and anti bacterial assualt. Antibiotics in the past made matters worse resulting in major issues with joint pains from levaquin. After a lot of research and talking to many different Dr's I think I found something which should resolve these laging GI issues for past 8 years. If on T-3 and elevated SHBG you may want to think about getting off it and making transition to NT or adjusting t-4 up and working on increasing the conversion t4 to t3. Under no circumstance do not stop meds on own, but be under a very knowledgeable health professionals. Transition can be incredible tricky and there will be alot of bumps in the road, but people who have done them are very happy. Many of them had Good T levels to begin with just thyroid bounded them all up. The end result many of them did not need TRT in the end, just proper adjustments of thyroid.
http://imageshack.us/f/831/image197l.jpg/

HAN
I know that you have been battling for years
toxins
antibiotics
gut issues
thyroid issues
steroid hormone issues

You are probably familiar with the page in above link.
It is from dr Patricia Kane book.
This board changed, I am not able to insert pictures, as I used to do.

She and her husband a harping all the time about membrane's health.
That can be had with detox program that they are proposing.

Bulk of that detox is driven by the two top tests on that page.

I propose that looking for a gut issues, candida, IBS, crohn's may be good but better way would be to concentarte on those two tests and work as long as it takes to have that test (specially the Fatty Acid test) clear.

The other thing is about fish or krill oils.
People are getting hurt, they eat those oils.
You are probably still able to read my thread here:
http://www.musclechatroom.com/forum/showthread.php?20061-Dr.-Patricia-Kane

I suspect that detox should be able to take care of any too low or too high SHBG.

Hope that you are doing well.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for asking, I am doing very well things are going excellent, getting back in competing in the next year. With help of Dr Peter Rouse we are starting to putting the nails in the coffins one thing at a time. This guy is absolutely brilliant when it comes physiology, detoxification, and neurology of the body. Its great to have access to such a valuable resource whose on the same page. I learn more in 10 minutes then searching 6 months on line researching. NO BS answers just facts back by latest research. His protocols are no joke, but they have been working where others failed. Learning the science behind them is the coolest part..:laughing:

Yes I know patricia as I went to her 6 years ago. Best $600 well spent on the testing. Her appoints where 2 hours of listening to her accoplishments and last 15 minutes was going over the testing results which knew the results with already, but did not know how to circumvent them. I spent over 6 months looking over the results and learning the hidden factors in the test. I actually posted this information over 6 years ago, but people where totally oblivious and ignored it. As I can still see they still have not caught on yet, but you did. I was the one who first mentioned about how the ranges where tightened up by margin of 25% deviation of the mid line when it would be red flagged indicating an imbalance. I still use that methodology today and it has helped tremendously in cases finding hidden imbalances. Detox was not the issue with my SHBG thyroid was. In a research article I found shbg does not go up with thyroid meds in thyroid resistant. I still have her book and have it pretty much memorized because I lived it for close to a year. If you go google DR kane and my name you will see the references from over 6 years ago (2006). I am way head of the game..

Sad part I am seeing the pattern of high EPA and low AA more and more which is playing a huge impact on the entire well being of the person.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/61687-great-article-stabilization.html
http://www.definitivemind.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-100.html

You have always made huge contributions to the boards some of them are out there, but as long as one has an open mind its all good. To many people are stuck in there own ways and when it goes against the generalize dogma then people jump on you like a pack of wolves. One gets used to it after awhile.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for asking, I am doing very well things are going excellent, getting back in competing in the next year. With help of Dr Peter Rouse we are starting to putting the nails in the coffins one thing at a time. This guy is absolutely brilliant when it comes physiology, detoxification, and neurology of the body. Its great to have access to such a valuable resource whose on the same page. I learn more in 10 minutes then searching 6 months on line researching. NO BS answers just facts back by latest research. His protocols are no joke, but they have been working where others failed. Learning the science behind them is the coolest part..:laughing:

Yes I know patricia as I went to her 6 years ago. Best $600 well spent on the testing. Her appoints where 2 hours of listening to her accoplishments and last 15 minutes was going over the testing results which knew the results with already, but did not know how to circumvent them. I spent over 6 months looking over the results and learning the hidden factors in the test. I actually posted this information over 6 years ago, but people where totally oblivious and ignored it. As I can still see they still have not caught on yet, but you did. I was the one who first mentioned about how the ranges where tightened up by margin of 25% deviation of the mid line when it would be red flagged indicating an imbalance. I still use that methodology today and it has helped tremendously in cases finding hidden imbalances. Detox was not the issue with my SHBG thyroid was. In a research article I found shbg does not go up with thyroid meds in thyroid resistant. I still have her book and have it pretty much memorized because I lived it for close to a year. If you go google DR kane and my name you will see the references from over 6 years ago (2006). I am way head of the game..

Sad part I am seeing the pattern of high EPA and low AA more and more which is playing a huge impact on the entire well being of the person.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/61687-great-article-stabilization.html
http://www.definitivemind.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-100.html

You have always made huge contributions to the boards some of them are out there, but as long as one has an open mind its all good. To many people are stuck in there own ways and when it goes against the generalize dogma then people jump on you like a pack of wolves. One gets used to it after awhile.
I hope that you are not using fish oils and/or krill oils.

I have made my summary here:
http://www.musclechatroom.com/forum/showthread.php?20061-Dr.-Patricia-Kane&p=171945#post171945

If you have time, you may want to double check what I put down there.
At least for something grossly obvious.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I hope that you are not using fish oils and/or krill oils.

I have made my summary here:
http://www.musclechatroom.com/forum/showthread.php?20061-Dr.-Patricia-Kane&p=171945#post171945

If you have time, you may want to double check what I put down there.
At least for something grossly obvious.

I have not touched fish oil in 6 years feel better with out it and many of my clients have as well seen a huge improvements in symptoms especially anxiety, pain and some even hormone related issues. Most Dr's I talk to are cutting back on their patients by half and seeing better improvements in lipid profiles and less oxidative stress especially in older people (mainly dietabetics). I practice what I preach :)