Election of 2012....Who ya got?

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ron Paul! Give peace a chance! He's got my vote for sure. I want to see peace, see an end to the drug war and see an America I can be proud of! plus if we play our cards right we'll be able to get our gear without being demonized and without facing a criminal record.
Relax..dont be too emotional. I love Ron Paul as well, but dont think that if he gets elected everything is going to be fine and dandy and the country will be perfect. Ending the silly war on drugs is a righteous challenge that will be extremely difficult to overcome.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, and America being involved with NATO's wars makes it even a bigger/worse issue for me.
The fact that its NATO means it doesnt have to be declared, nor is it a case where the president makes the call (somewhat)

nonidentity

Awards
  • Established
Relax..dont be too emotional. I love Ron Paul as well, but dont think that if he gets elected everything is going to be fine and dandy and the country will be perfect. Ending the silly war on drugs is a righteous challenge that will be extremely difficult to overcome.
you're right, but I think things will be much better than they are now, and much better than they were with bush.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
I think Perry can write off the black vote next year. I just heard about his hunting camp scandal. No wonder he doesn't like O;)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It is higher in NJ than nationally. He stands no shot, he is too polarizing right now. His best chance is to wait till 2016, and hope Obama wins and tanks further.
Half the population is in states higher than average, thats how averages work :) its the change over time that matters

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Half the population is in states higher than average, thats how averages work :) its the change over time that matters
really easy? I didnt know that :rolleyes:

Lets be honest, so many in this thread are b!tching about the national numbers, but based on your thoughts they dont matter.

But lets look at NJ for a second....the have increased under Christie in his attempt to provide the wealthy with greater tax breaks while cutting public funding. Yep...just the guy I would want

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
I dunno Christie is just the kinda liberal Rep we might be looking for. He's for civil unions and gun control. Way more liberal than O. People voted for a Democrat and got a Republican...lets see what flip flopping will do:)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
really easy? I didnt know that :rolleyes:

Lets be honest, so many in this thread are b!tching about the national numbers, but based on your thoughts they dont matter.

But lets look at NJ for a second....the have increased under Christie in his attempt to provide the wealthy with greater tax breaks while cutting public funding. Yep...just the guy I would want
See now that as a statement its more relevant. Florida is still higher than national average, but has been going down.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is why I don't think CC would last. He wont come of conservative enough Right now the right needs to embrace Romney as he is probably all they have. throw in Rubio as VP, and there is a great shot.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is why I don't think CC would last. He wont come of conservative enough Right now the right needs to embrace Romney as he is probably all they have. throw in Rubio as VP, and there is a great shot.
Its virtually a lock unless something incredible happens before election

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Perry seemed like a good idea when I first saw him in the primaries but quickly started shifting my eyebrows on what I was observing. Bachman... its just not your time, keep at it though. Romney is the best theyve got and still in some ways lackluster compared to some years past when he was a frontrunning candidate.

As a 23 year New Jersey resident I would prefer that CC did not run. 3 reasons:
1) Hes too far late in the game to make a dramatic statement to his stance and convince a nation why they should vote for him
2) His candidacy could further cause negative speculation as to the fragmented conservative image by opposing parties
3) Hes fat. Fat people have a hard time running.

I do like CC though. Not entirely, but hes made some progress in a state thats hurting pretty bad right now. At the same time claiming to know nothing about the $4 toll hike for me to get to work everyday is hogwash. Pushing a hit on the teachers union seems like a maniacal thing to do but why is a small town superintendant making more than some doctors or politicians?? Yet we still have great education in NJ. But he has that bullhead go-getter attitude we need in the office - not this world class politico pushover thats sitting there now. Everyone takes advantage of him at home and across seas because they know its easy.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Herman Cain. . .

but nothing is going to change, except the 'change' Obama was talking about - which is tearing apart this country.

outside of the economy, debt, freedoms in danger, etc. that is wrong with this country, I would only vote for a leader who will stand for Israel.
I completely agree. If only about 45% of the rest of the country could agree with us then we'd be straight lol. America on its way to recovery. Unfortunately, we'll probably continue to see increased government involvement, less freedoms in both private and corporate sectors, and in general just central government nazi's taking over the country.

Cain + Paul = Recovery for America.

Otherwises, we'll be headed down a path of change that would most likely make us an entirely different country from what made us so great in the first place.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And lets not forget that without a republican Senate to go with a republican president, nothing will change for the country. They will stale mate every time when trying to pass something.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looks like CC is out. Romney/Rubio lock it up

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
I completely agree. If only about 45% of the rest of the country could agree with us then we'd be straight lol. America on its way to recovery. Unfortunately, we'll probably continue to see increased government involvement, less freedoms in both private and corporate sectors, and in general just central government nazi's taking over the country.

Cain + Paul = Recovery for America.

Otherwises, we'll be headed down a path of change that would most likely make us an entirely different country from what made us so great in the first place.
We are already headed down that road.

The new world order bush senior so highly praised is the path we are on.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its amazing that you guys think Paul would be any different. These folks are all bought and paid for

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Actually...next term it will be Bush 9 again or 10.
Woh woh ...woh. haha even if you include Clinton, W, and O that would make the next person 5?

Its amazing that you guys think Paul would be any different. These folks are all bought and paid for
Or Paul would just get filibustered

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well..for one thing, Ron Paul is the only anti-war candidate, the rest have no anti-war tone to them.

Also, Ron Paul is the one addressing the real issues wrong with the economy, which is the endless wars/empire/military-industral-complex and the federal reserve. The rest only speak of band aids and meaningless solutions.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Woh woh ...woh. haha even if you include Clinton, W, and O that would make the next person 5?

Or Paul would just get filibustered
Reagan, Jimmy Carter, Ford, Lyndon Johnson, Bush Sr. are all corrupt evil nwo corporate devils. Dont let Jimmy fool you, he is a Bilderberg.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
By his own party
absolutely. Not from the Democrats they're too spinelss to speak up period. He needs to go indie. Maybe get Bernie as his VP

Actually maybe not Bernie, he's for SS

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Paul will never get the vote from the repubs. His best option is to be a 3rd party and attempt to screw it up for someone else.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Paul will never get the vote from the repubs. His best option is to be a 3rd party and attempt to screw it up for someone else.
I agree...he needs to use the republican party to his advantage so he can keep getting national and mainstream exposure on the debates then leave when he is not nominated (even if he won, the republicrats wont nominate him.)

As much as I want to vote for him, I honestly have mixed feelings about voting him if he has a Republican title attached to himself. I may actually skip out if he doesnt leave the party...not sure.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree...he needs to use the republican party to his advantage so he can keep getting national and mainstream exposure on the debates then leave when he is not nominated (even if he won, the republicrats wont nominate him.)

As much as I want to vote for him, I honestly have mixed feelings about voting him if he has a Republican title attached to himself. I may actually skip out if he doesnt leave the party...not sure.
I understand where you are coming from. It's almost as if you sell out voting for him with that party affiliation.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established

His popularity has skyrocketed since he first came on the scene as far as a possible nominee. If he went under a third party he'd not only keep his fan base but wouldn't have competition within that party and people would have a chance to vote for him.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ur probably right. But I like to dream that one day a straight and narrow non-politician will run for office. Somebody similar to Washington - Someone that doesn't desire money and power more than the well-being of this country. Paul isn't this type of person, but if he just did what he says he'd do I think that would be a good start. Personally, I'm on the Cain train more than anything. We dont need politicians anymore. We need someone with a little sense.

Plus, if Cain were somehow magically elected into office and somehow passed his taxing deal then we'd have to repeal the 17th amendment which would be a HUGE step back from centralized government power and a big step forward to the original natural rights movement.

In fact, I think the taxing deal is Cain's plan to open up the door to giving power back to the states which would be just awesome! After all, not all states r equal. Some states have their crap together while others dont and I believe it'll allow us to choose to live in the area that embraces our personal philosophy instead of centralizing everything to make EVERYONE suffer crappy regulations and government mandates.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ur probably right. But I like to dream that one day a straight and narrow non-politician will run for office. Somebody similar to Washington - Someone that doesn't desire money and power more than the well-being of this country. Paul isn't this type of person, but if he just did what he says he'd do I think that would be a good start. Personally, I'm on the Cain train more than anything. We dont need politicians anymore. We need someone with a little sense.

Plus, if Cain were somehow magically elected into office and somehow passed his taxing deal then we'd have to repeal the 17th amendment which would be a HUGE step back from centralized government power and a big step forward to the original natural rights movement.

In fact, I think the taxing deal is Cain's plan to open up the door to giving power back to the states which would be just awesome! After all, not all states r equal. Some states have their crap together while others dont and I believe it'll allow us to choose to live in the area that embraces our personal philosophy instead of centralizing everything to make EVERYONE suffer crappy regulations and government mandates.
the trouble with 9-9-9 is that most economists agree, we lose money the first few years. Which would kill any chance that he has of pushing forward any agenda. I think there have been some Presidents that did truly have the greater good in mind, but it seems that most now have only 1 thing in mind and thats money.

Very sad indeed

Grumpy

Awards
I'm going to stick with Obama. It looks like it will be either Romney or Perry. Cain will be another "Flavor of the Month" and then be forgotten. Perry is just Perry and Romney has flip-flopped way too many times since running. The same party that criticized Kerry for doing do should have the cojones to realize that and call him out, but Romney is their best chance in beating Obama, so why would they?

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
[video=youtube;62Y5uHcD_Ko]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62Y5uHcD_Ko&feature=related[/video]

kinda funny

Conagher

Conagher

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
[video=youtube;62Y5uHcD_Ko]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62Y5uHcD_Ko&feature=related[/video]

kinda funny
I found it amusing.I cannot figure out why the GOP hitched their wagon to these teaparty idiots,thereby validating the teabaggers movement,whatever the hell it is.I don`t even understand what their fundamental ideology is.What exactly do they stand for?Isn`t this the group that initially formed in protest of the supposed death squads?

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I found it amusing.I cannot figure out why the GOP hitched their wagon to these teaparty idiots,thereby validating the teabaggers movement,whatever the hell it is.I don`t even understand what their fundamental ideology is.What exactly do they stand for?Isn`t this the group that initially formed in protest of the supposed death squads?
Depends...there is the tea party, and then there is the tea party that Palin, Backmann, Glenn Beck and the mainstream infiltrated.

Really...now we have the new Wall Street movement which will be infiltrated by Obama and his zombie followers and distort that too.

Best way to squash a genuine movement is to become it.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the trouble with 9-9-9 is that most economists agree, we lose money the first few years. Which would kill any chance that he has of pushing forward any agenda.
Umm wait, we aren't losing money now anyway?

Grumpy

Awards
Umm wait, we aren't losing money now anyway?
Clearly we need to make cuts. The idea that the wars will be anywhere near done with in the next coming years is nuts. We're still going to be in Iraq and Afghanistan until at least 2018, as much as I opposed us being there in the first place. Same time, reform is another word for cuts when it comes to Medicare and SS. So why do the people that rely on those programs have to be punished because BOTH parties can't properly spend our money where we aren't spending more than we are pulling in? I support the millionaire tax or whatever they want to call it, I'm not falling for their bluffs and the whole "job creators" nonsense. What really needs to happen now is setting up Washington so this country never has to deal with this again, even with the political BS we deal with every year.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Clearly we need to make cuts. The idea that the wars will be anywhere near done with in the next coming years is nuts. We're still going to be in Iraq and Afghanistan until at least 2018, as much as I opposed us being there in the first place. Same time, reform is another word for cuts when it comes to Medicare and SS. So why do the people that rely on those programs have to be punished because BOTH parties can't properly spend our money where we aren't spending more than we are pulling in? I support the millionaire tax or whatever they want to call it, I'm not falling for their bluffs and the whole "job creators" nonsense. What really needs to happen now is setting up Washington so this country never has to deal with this again, even with the political BS we deal with every year.
We build a Embassy in the heart of Baghdad the size of the vatican...we are not leaving 2018, neither are we leaving in Afgan in 2018. We will be there way beyond that.

We still havent bought our troops home from WWII.

Grumpy

Awards
And that's the problem, we don't need the numerous bases we have all around the world. With the communication technology, planes, and missiles, the need of these bases barely exists. Have one for every continent at least, but no more.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And that's the problem, we don't need the numerous bases we have all around the world. With the communication technology, planes, and missiles, the need of these bases barely exists. Have one for every continent at least, but no more.
Wether we need it or not is one thing. I usually express my personal feelings over, but if Im right or wrong doesnt matter as the fact is we cant afford it this country is broke and in debt. We can continue borrowing money from the Chinese. I know the corporations making billions and trillions of dollars in War profits would love to sustain everything as long as possible.

Conagher

Conagher

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Depends...there is the tea party, and then there is the tea party that Palin, Backmann, Glenn Beck and the mainstream infiltrated.

Really...now we have the new Wall Street movement which will be infiltrated by Obama and his zombie followers and distort that too.

Best way to squash a genuine movement is to become it.
Yeah,these people are clowns,too.Cannot figure out what the deal with all the props and costumes is.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah,these people are clowns,too.Cannot figure out what the deal with all the props and costumes is.
Halloween is around the corner, just a coincidence w/ timing. They will be wearing Santa hats before you know it, maybe throw a parade with Disney balloons.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looks like the new hot candidate is putting himself in hot water. Herman Cain has come out and stated (paraphrasing here) "if you do not have a good job, or are not rich, dont blame the rich or the government, blame yourself."

Wonder how this will effect his numbers :lol:

Conagher

Conagher

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looks like the new hot candidate is putting himself in hot water. Herman Cain has come out and stated (paraphrasing here) "if you do not have a good job, or are not rich, dont blame the rich or the government, blame yourself."

Definitely not an intelligent thing to say in today`s economic climate.So much for any chance that Cain had for winning the Presidency.The
more I watch him,the more he reminds me of a used car salesman.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

At the same time, he's right

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
At the same time, he's right
In some ways...but America is turning into a caste system and the government has every intention of not only keeping it that way, but building on that.

Also, I think the illusion that if you work hard, go to school, etc..that you will be that top 5% rich is an un-reasonable false expectation. In this country people are generally taught to dream big, and when they dont get there as expected they carry themselves as miserable and start getting addicted to lottery tickets as their key to happiness.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Generalize much?

You know that it is not entirely true
Is the government or corporations stopping people from educating themselves or spending more time on their children's education? No, and the value of unskilled uneducated labor drops each year by supply vs demand.

Again look at unemployment by education level.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In some ways...but America is turning into a caste system and the government has every intention of not only keeping it that way, but building on that.

Also, I think the illusion that if you work hard, go to school, etc..that you will be that top 5% rich is an un-reasonable false expectation. In this country people are generally taught to dream big, and when they dont get there as expected they carry themselves as miserable and start getting addicted to lottery tickets as their key to happiness.
Some do sure, but anyone can make it to the 100k a year level and live well.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Some do sure, but anyone can make it to the 100k a year level and live well.
Yes...anyone may have a chance, and I also agree you can make far less than that and live well.

That chance though is only limited and there are only a small % of jobs available that even make 100k. According to the 2009 census 9.7% of Americans make 100k and up. I know there are far more than that that qualify for the same type's of jobs but are in a impossible situation of limited work.

I feel that if everybody gets a master education, and is equally as competitive, hard working and smart..still only 9.7% will make 100k.

This is what they told people in China that if they get an high education they will do good. With the increase and overabundance of college graduates in China many and more in the future are being left out with no real job opportunities because you can only supply a certain amount of jobs.

In any monetary system most have to be poor and there is no choice. The only solution to this is to ban the monetary system and to move on to a resource based economy.