ecklonia cava extract

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
been doing some reading on this supp and came across this statement-

"In a human study, 141 young adults were given a beverage containing ECE at 200 mg daily. In two weeks their average weight dropped nearly 2.5 pounds, muscle mass increased by nearly 2.5 pounds, and body fat dropped by 4 pounds, or 7.48%. ECE stimulates the body to burn fat by increasing muscle mass."

2.5 lbs of mm in 2 weeks- wow!

Got 2 bottles on order just in case these results are somehow accurate!

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
HMMM. Seems interesting enough

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
Crazy...post up a log if you run it.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
where did you get it? nutra? how much?

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
looks like fucoxanthin, and fucoidan are the extract in it along with seanol?

anti oxidant, cardio protective, and antihypertensive properties along with potent PPARy antagonistic properties (which can explain weight loss)

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

anti oxidant, cardio protective, and antihypertensive properties along with potent PPARy antagonistic properties (which can explain weight loss)
that makes perfect sense i understand everything you said :tongue-tied:

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice find, never heard of it. Did you buy swanson's, emilio?

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
I can only find one peer-reviewed study on this in humans, although it does show a positive effect on endurance. This despite the official website claiming "Dr. Haengwoo Lee and his team have spent over 32 million dollars on research, from in vitro to animal and human studies."** I think the claim in the OP comes from a patent application by Dr. Haengwoo.

Still interesting though!

** If they are claiming the 32 million "dollars" as actually being Korean Won then it works out at about $27k, which doesn't sound like it'd fund many studies. I dunno if they refer to them as dollars in Korea though.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I can only find one peer-reviewed study on this in humans, although it does show a positive effect on endurance. This despite the official website claiming "Dr. Haengwoo Lee and his team have spent over 32 million dollars on research, from in vitro to animal and human studies."** I think the claim in the OP comes from a patent application by Dr. Haengwoo.

Still interesting though!

** If they are claiming the 32 million "dollars" as actually being Korean Won then it works out at about $27k, which doesn't sound like it'd fund many studies. I dunno if they refer to them as dollars in Korea though.

:bigok:

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
yes poison, swanson has it, apparently this is their second time around with this stuff, hopefully they got it right.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice, good luck, and report back!

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
its cheap, and i would really like to see a log on this :p someone should run it

Canuckguy

Awards
I've used it on and off for the last two years. Haven't noticed any body composition changes but I haven't been using it for that, as this is the first I've heard of this for that purpose. I've been using it for hair loss.

Canuckguy

Awards
I haven't found that it has regrown any of mine, but I'm still giving it another shot.

Canuckguy

Awards
Yes, I've tried it thanks. May use it again as I see Nutraplanet had it on sale. Trying a similar product from Jarrow called Toco-Sorb right now. I'm kind of trying a kitchen sink approach.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I need to look into the cava for my hair. Using toco-8 now.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 4
banjobounce Supplements 0
Supplements 23
ws65 Supplements 37
Supplements 2