Answered Ecdysterone

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think we can all agree the research behind Ecdy is less than stellar.

Of interest in this very murky supplement genre, I am curious to follow the analogue "Bio103". It has some promise that doesn't seem there in the standard Ecdy formulations on the market.

Keep in mind though, less is more when it comes to standard Ecdy. Super-dosing, based on the available research is likely to have diminishing returns....and may even produce less results.

Last edited:

Ripple2352

Awards
I think we can all agree the research behind Ecdy is less than stellar.

Of interest in this very murky supplement genre, I am curious to follow the analogue "Bio103". It has some promise that doesn't seem there in the standard Ecdy formulations on the market.

Keep in mind though, less is more when it comes to Ecdy. Super-dosing, based on the available research is likely to have diminishing returns....and may even produce less results.
What is "Bio103" and where can one find out more about it? I cant find anything relevant on google.

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What is "Bio103" and where can one find out more about it? I cant find anything relevant on google.
Brand new analogue of Ecdy that is supposedly more effective. Biophytis owns the patent.

Something to follow.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
First, Trump is elected president, then powercage posts about ecdy? What next?

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
First, Trump is elected president, then powercage posts about ecdy? What next?
Ecdy is more than likely bunk. But it is interesting to follow different forms that may not have the uptake issues that Ecdy faces. Only further research will tell.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm just kidding, haha. Where's this Bio103 at?

Danksta710

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar

slickwillie

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ecdy is more than likely bunk. But it is interesting to follow different forms that may not have the uptake issues that Ecdy faces. Only further research will tell.
Have you tried any ecdy products before, and if so which ones?

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Have you tried any ecdy products before, and if so which ones?
Yes. All the major kinds regurgitated regularly on this board. And it doesnt matter. Its very likely bunk. None of them were worth more than placebo.

There is no discussion more pedantic than the “well you didnt try my brothers secret magical ecdy” one.

Let’s stay focused on Bio103. Has anyone had a chance to source it yet?

slickwillie

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
BIO103 is likely years away. It is in the preclinical stage. Biophytis is presently concentrating its efforts on developing 2 new drugs involving BIO101 and BIO201. The company has been losing money, and hopefully can survive long enough to bring these 2 drugs to market.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yes. All the major kinds regurgitated regularly on this board. And it doesnt matter. Its very likely bunk. None of them were worth more than placebo.

There is no discussion more pedantic than the “well you didnt try my brothers secret magical ecdy” one.

Let’s stay focused on Bio103. Has anyone had a chance to source it yet?
Same here. I tried LG, Ebol, massmax, boldanic, you name it. All bunk.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh god, Ebol. The most over hyped and continually delayed product ever.
Forget the ecdy, they put an elephants dose of Rhodiola in there, which caused intense migraines, it was hilariously stupid.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Forget the ecdy, they put an elephants dose of Rhodiola in there, which caused intense migraines, it was hilariously stupid.
I don’t think I ever tried it. Took so long to come out and they couldn’t even keep it in stock.

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
BIO103 is likely years away. It is in the preclinical stage. Biophytis is presently concentrating its efforts on developing 2 new drugs involving BIO101 and BIO201. The company has been losing money, and hopefully can survive long enough to bring these 2 drugs to market.
Shame

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ecdy is still as good as it gets for stuff which is not on the Wada list imo

One of the few supplements where I can feel the difference between being on or off. Strength and recovery are so much better when using ecdy. It is my personal opinion about it and the recent studies which found some results for ecdy, as weirdly designed as they may be, are not completely made up imo.

I am not sure Ecdy will do much for enhanced athletes, but a little improvement for "natty" strength athletes who need better recovery.

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ecdy is still as good as it gets for stuff which is not on the Wada list imo

One of the few supplements where I can feel the difference between being on or off. Strength and recovery are so much better when using ecdy. It is my personal opinion about it and the recent studies which found some results for ecdy, as weirdly designed as they may be, are not completely made up imo.

I am not sure Ecdy will do much for enhanced athletes, but a little improvement for "natty" strength athletes who need better recovery.
I dont particularly buy that recent study. Errors given that set-up are possible. And it makes no sense if the substance really worked that bench wouldn't improve with it given what it supposedly did for squat.

It looks like a one-off that fell prey to a false positive.

Last edited:
Power-Lift

Power-Lift

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
As a person who's been training 41 years straight now (1978), only tried a few PH's along the way beginning in 2009 after 33 years of pure natty training (hated how I felt on them) and went on TRT at age 50 (3 years back) I can say that in my situation, I can feel the recovery/adaptagenic properties of very good Ecdy. (Synthagen and Kre-Anabolyn 747). Young guys may not feel the effects (not sure) but when I drop Ecdy for a week or so while waiting for my shipment, I need to also drop a workout that week. Recovery wise, and at my age, good Ecdy is a must for me. (Hurry Coach Rob, I need Synthagen back in stock). 💪

muree

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Iron Forged - Most Wanted is an amazing Ecdy product. the recovery, strength and muscle fullness is the best I've gotten from all the supplements i've used so far. bit pricey though.

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It’s in MassMax XT also I believe and that seems to get decent reviews

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So how would these stack up together ?

Epicatechin / Laxogenin / Ecdysterone / Vaso 6

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Very well. I take all four.
thanks , brother ! Much appreciated !

what gains are you noticing ?

I’ll definitely be giving this a shot. I haven’t stacked laxo with both epicat and Vaso yet . Haven’t tried edcy either, so pretty excited .

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I saw an article on this maybe 1-2 weeks ago, and all I could think was that this stuff will not pass the sniff test at the FDA unless I'm somehow missing something. It's not naturally occuring, isn't available via extraction, and will require an extensive NDA to be filed and receive permission before it can be legally sold.

Could be a cool/useful compound, but the odds of it actually ever being available for mass consumption as slim at best

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You use gear. Have you ever taken ECDY when you’re natural? Anyone who has/is using steroids is going to be extremely underwhelmed by any natural substance.

slickwillie

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
thanks , brother ! Much appreciated !

what gains are you noticing ?

I’ll definitely be giving this a shot. I haven’t stacked laxo with both epicat and Vaso yet . Haven’t tried edcy either, so pretty excited .
These have been staples of mine for the past couple of years. As a “senior” natural bodybuilder, I feel like I have already reached my genetic potential, and these supplements I believe have helped me to maintain my gains despite my advancing age.

slickwillie

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You use gear. Have you ever taken ECDY when you’re natural? Anyone who has/is using steroids is going to be extremely underwhelmed by any natural substance.
I completely agree with the point you are trying to make, but what is the basis for saying “you use gear”?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Iron Forged - Most Wanted is an amazing Ecdy product. the recovery, strength and muscle fullness is the best I've gotten from all the supplements i've used so far. bit pricey though.
Agreed. They also have a solo ecdy product dosed at 400mg per dose. They also use cyclodextrin complex enhanced absorption (whatever it’s called), but it actually works. I’m back on again, 3rd “cycle” of it this year and just love it.

THEstudent

Awards
Still curious where they source their Ecdy from?