Eating Challenges

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
am I one of ur boys? :)
I wonder how many friends I'm gonna have once I start sending out T-Shirts, LoL! Sure Bud, I'll send you a T-Shirt! But, I have a condition for you... You have to take a picture of yourself wearing the T-shirt, I don't care if you cut the sleeves off, whatever, but a picture of you wearing the T-Shirt either working out, hiking, doing something athletic and post it thanking FINAFLEX! Does that sound like a deal?

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wonder how many friends I'm gonna have once I start sending out T-Shirts, LoL! Sure Bud, I'll send you a T-Shirt! But, I have a condition for you... You have to take a picture of yourself wearing the T-shirt, I don't care if you cut the sleeves off, whatever, but a picture of you wearing the T-Shirt either working out, hiking, doing something athletic and post it thanking FINAFLEX! Does that sound like a deal?
no prob.....ill rep finaflex all day every day no prob with that.....thanks alot man

biglifter85

biglifter85

Awards
Heyo
So I went to this place called the Rack Shack BBQ to take on the Hobo Challenge. A hobo is a baked potato covered with beans, Mac and cheese, creamed corn, either Turkey brisket or pulled pork, and topped with coleslaw. Each one weighed 2 lbs and I had an hour to eat three. Previously 30 have tried and failed.

jlinteris

jlinteris

Awards
Heyo
So I went to this place called the Rack Shack BBQ to take on the Hobo Challenge. A hobo is a baked potato covered with beans, Mac and cheese, creamed corn, either Turkey brisket or pulled pork, and topped with coleslaw. Each one weighed 2 lbs and I had an hour to eat three. Previously 30 have tried and failed.
You baaaaaarely finished it. LOL. 4 minutes!! I think you have improved your capacity a lot. Time to partner up and get that Big Kahuna out of the way.

biglifter85

biglifter85

Awards
You baaaaaarely finished it. LOL. 4 minutes!! I think you have improved your capacity a lot. Time to partner up and get that Big Kahuna out of the way.
Thanks I think so too man. I feel if I went back to the Big Kahuna I could handle close to 10 of the 13lbs if I needed to on a good day. Speaking of that someone posted a video response to my Big Kahuna video of a fail, although one of them ate everything but maybe a slice of toppings. They also said he wanted to do the challenge with me. I have a few actual contests in June that I would like to do, but if I can work around those it will go down for sure!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks I think so too man. I feel if I went back to the Big Kahuna I could handle close to 10 of the 13lbs if I needed to on a good day. Speaking of that someone posted a video response to my Big Kahuna video of a fail, although one of them ate everything but maybe a slice of toppings. They also said he wanted to do the challenge with me. I have a few actual contests in June that I would like to do, but if I can work around those it will go down for sure!
cant wait to see it, keep it up bro

MATTYO1977

Awards
  • Established
Lock Haven University, circa 2000, held a "Meltdown Wing Eating Challenge". Full wings, in a sauce so hot that the standing record for many years was only 3 wings. Most anybody ate was 3 before crappin' out. I ate 6. Within 2 months, they stopped making Meltdown Wings. I reign...

Last fall, folliage ride in central parts of PA, we stopped at Denny's Beer Barrell Pub in Clearfield, PA. They're famous for their massive burger challenges. I've always wanted to do one, so I did. The smallest was a 2lb challenge - eat it all in an hour. No utensils, can only remove one topping, can get up at any point for a break, no barfing. I got about half of it down and that was that. Ouch... followed by a ~75mile ride back home. Double ouch.
I have been to Denny's as well. The burgers are HUGE! I tried that one myself but was disappointed in the fact that it wasn't really that good. It seemed to be pre-cooked and just reheated. The bun was definitely frozen because it was still thawing while on the burger. There was no incentive to stuff myself with the food because it wasn't mouth watering at all. I've had many burgers that are so much better.
The Eagle's Deli in Brookline, MA has good burgers and they do the crazy challenges. Thats worth a trip if you are ever near.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Heyo
Time and Time again, you continue to prove you are the MAN... CAPTAIN SILO!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Crazy!

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Someone's gonna be getting a package soon with an extra gift inside!!!

biglifter85

biglifter85

Awards
Super Burger Challenge. Mattie's Lanes, St. Paul, MN.
3lbs of Meat + Tons of Buns + "The Works" + Fries
So the bad boy looked like this

The standing record was 10 minutes. I went with some buddies who thought they could tame the beast.

And the outcome

And a new record!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
nice work again....too bad u dont live near me, just found a contest, most pulled pork sandwiches in 10 min wins $500 u deserve to get sum cash for this! haha

biglifter85

biglifter85

Awards
nice work again....too bad u dont live near me, just found a contest, most pulled pork sandwiches in 10 min wins $500 u deserve to get sum cash for this! haha
Thanks man, There will ne some money making opportunities for me coming up here in the next few months. Are you going to enter the sandwich contest?

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Super Burger Challenge. Mattie's Lanes, St. Paul, MN.
3lbs of Meat + Tons of Buns + "The Works" + Fries
So the bad boy looked like this

The standing record was 10 minutes. I went with some buddies who thought they could tame the beast.

And the outcome

And a new record!
And yet again "CAPTAIN SILO" eats the competition for Breakfast!!!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks man, There will ne some money making opportunities for me coming up here in the next few months. Are you going to enter the sandwich contest?
I woudl but its actually wher ei was going to college and im home now so tats a 3 hour drive so probably not. And i will be there the weekend before so i I kinda can afford to go there 2 weekends in a row.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yo... SILO sorry about you not getting your prize yet, we had some confusion here at the office last week and I thought it had been shipped already, I will send you a PM just as soon as it mails out, should be first thing tomorrow morning! I just wanted to give you the heads up so you weren't like "WTF... Where's my $hit Yo!" LoL No worries though, I think when you get your package you will agree I more than made up for the delay!

biglifter85

biglifter85

Awards
I woudl but its actually wher ei was going to college and im home now so tats a 3 hour drive so probably not. And i will be there the weekend before so i I kinda can afford to go there 2 weekends in a row.
Unless you win the contest haha, but understandable.

biglifter85

biglifter85

Awards
So I am an intern at an engineering company, and my boss found out that I am a competitive eater. So during the companies picnic/celebration he put together an eating contest. It was me Vs. two others as a team haha. The winner would get a $20 gift card. The items we had to eat were Burger with Bun, Brat with Bun, 1/2 of Potato Salad, Coleslaw, Fruit Salad, and Bake Beans, a cookie, and a lemonade. So I had all of those, while the team split it up.

And some Action Shots haha

I won in just over 1:30. But unfortunately the video camera that was set up was set to a picture mode so no video was available.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I won in just over 1:30. But unfortunately the video camera that was set up was set to a picture mode so no video was available.
Damn Dude, wish I could have seen the Vid, That is awesome, nobody calls you out my Friend, there is only one "Captain SILO"!!!

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What do you expect? I made a deal with you, and you proved yourself so I had to prove both myself and my company's commitment!!!

biglifter85

biglifter85

Awards
Hey guys, So I am trying to get into a contest on the 4th of July, but I need your help! This media outlet City Pages is looking for an eater, I have already sent in an application, but I do not know if that is enough.
On this link below
http://blogs.citypages.com/food/2011/06/diamond_dog_eat.php
I would really appreciate it if you commented saying Eric Dahl or Eric Silo Dahl or something, any words you may have. I promise if I get selected I will put on a show and make a great video! Thank you in advance!

biglifter85

biglifter85

Awards
So time for competition #3
Farmington Dew Days Pizza Eating Competition
The format was 5minutes as many 16" cheese slices as you can consume, if you finish your pizza then they were supposed to bring you another, but you will see haha. I went with my buddy in the ACE shirt. First some pics

And the Video!

Final Pic

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
"Cpt. SILO" does it again, Dude it was clearly obvious that the Pizza Eating contest shown above was not prepared for a man with your TALENT, congratulations on the EASY WIN!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
LOL What was that tiny guy on the side of you even thinking. Like a chihuahua getting in the ring with a pitt bull. I thought he was sitting down at first.

biglifter85

biglifter85

Awards
LOL What was that tiny guy on the side of you even thinking. Like a chihuahua getting in the ring with a pitt bull. I thought he was sitting down at first.
No he was standing tall... haha

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
He was probably short, but you also have to realize, correct me if I'm wrong, but Eric, aren't you like 6'4" tall?

biglifter85

biglifter85

Awards
Hey I got into the Diamond Dog Eating Contest! I haven't heard if I am the City Pages Representative but thanks to mjkretz and ScottyDoc!!

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey I got into the Diamond Dog Eating Contest! I haven't heard if I am the City Pages Representative but thanks to mjkretz and ScottyDoc!!
I told you I got your Back Bro, it is in my Chiropractic nature, LoL!

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This week's Trivia Question will take place today, Monday, June 27th at 4:00pm Eastern Standard time! And the price will be one bottle of ALC + CLA.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good Nature haha!

Ok Guys thanks again for all of the support! There is this new organization called The National Collegiate Competitive Eating Association(NCCEA). Anyways they came out with there first ever rankings.

http://www.thenccea.com/rankings___records.html

P
retty Pumped to say the least!!
Sweet Bro, You da man! I like the way you used 9 saltines in 60 seconds/1min vs. 10, considering the 10 was not quite official, that is HONESTY my friend!!!

biglifter85

biglifter85

Awards
Thats sick bro, congrats!!!!
any more info on that contest?
Sweet Bro, You da man! I like the way you used 9 saltines in 60 seconds/1min vs. 10, considering the 10 was not quite official, that is HONESTY my friend!!!
Thank You!! Hopefully big things come of this, I am scheduled already to talk to a writer of a local newspaper!

mkretz, If you have experience at all doing food challenges, send in your resume on that Rankings and Records page, you never know and it could be an opportunity for you to compete for some scholarships when they do events in your area!

And regarding the Diamond Dog Contest, I must not have been selected as the one newspaper's contestant, but I will show them :)

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And regarding the Diamond Dog Contest, I must not have been selected as the one newspaper's contestant, but I will show them :)
I don't understand, does that mean you are not competing in the contest? Or you were selected as the one they think is going to WIN???

biglifter85

biglifter85

Awards
No Worries I am still competing. It just means that a local newspaper Called City Pages didn't select me to represent them in the contest. So what I meant before is that I will have to show them why they picked the wrong contestant to represent their newspaper haha. It really doesn't matter that much, I just thought I may have gotten a story out of it.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You will get your story when you finish the dogs while their choice is still putting on his bib!

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i have seen that hot dog somewhere, cant remember where mustve been on tv somewhere, looks delish, bacon makes everythign better lol

biglifter85

biglifter85

Awards
Getting Ready

Here are the Dogs

Some Action Shots

And Winning with 10 Diamond Dogs in 10 Minutes!

It was a well run contest. I should have the video up hopefully by tonight sometime or early tomorrow morning.

The Dogs were a lot bigger than I expected, longer than the bun itself. The bacon wrapping also slowed things down, as it was all very chewy. I was hoping for 15 going into the contest, but 10 wasn't bad considering the thickness and difficulty level of the Dog.

The City Pages Representative who had some competitive eating experience took second with 5 dogs, He apparently was super pissed and left immediately after the contest haha. When I reviewed the video I saw at least 3 occasions of him dropping part of a bun into the trash cans in front of us. So he was a cheater too.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It was a well run contest. I should have the video up hopefully by tonight sometime or early tomorrow morning.

The Dogs were a lot bigger than I expected, longer than the bun itself. The bacon wrapping also slowed things down, as it was all very chewy. I was hoping for 15 going into the contest, but 10 wasn't bad considering the thickness and difficulty level of the Dog.

The City Pages Representative who had some competitive eating experience took second with 5 dogs, He apparently was super pissed and left immediately after the contest haha. When I reviewed the video I saw at least 3 occasions of him dropping part of a bun into the trash cans in front of us. So he was a cheater too.
It was just like we all called it BRO... You slaughtered the competition.. CONGRATULATIONS, we all knew you could do it BRO, you are still da...Man!!! The SILO-MAN, Can't wait to see that video!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
nice work again bro that samazing 2nd place was half of u haha......those rolls look liek theyd be a bitch to get down too, nice job!!!