eating beef everyday...

Jameson12

Awards
Is it ok to eat beef everyday when bulking.I eat chicken as a lot of days,but everyday no matter what i eat beef.Should i switch to chicken most days.The beef im eating is not organic to.

Gokmog

Gokmog

Awards
Some people can digest beef easily, others do not and increase their bowel toxicity. Remember the nomadic plains Indians of N. America practically lived off the bison, utilizing almost their entire bodies, and always eating their flesh. It's got an amino acid profile that is much more stimulating than poultry and has certain minerals, like iron, which are valuable. I'd say when bulking if you're okay with beef than beefing up with beef is okay. I try to eat leafy green or broccoli and other vegetables with valuable fat-soluble vitamins when eating beef because I don't eat the lean stuff and the 40% saturated fat of beef fat is great for assimilating the EFAs too. Remember to capitalize on your omnivorism!

Jameson12

Awards
chiicken breast is cheaper?I always thought is more expensive.I cant have whey im allergic to milk so protein gets ppretty expensive.all the vegan protein powders dont sit well either.going to be getting beef protein isolate soon.

Jameson12

Awards
maybe i will continue to eat beef often than gokmog

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I eat beef every day. I use grass fed though and drain and rinse the fat off.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Beef everyday is completely fine. If there's a concern over the alleged carcinogens within them, eating cruciferous vegetables help to bind the heme iron and nullify most of it.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
As for your beef isolate, a little fun fact. A bunch of proteins were tested by a university in South Africa I believe very recently and Muscle Meds technically failed the test by not living up to their label - not for having too little protein, but actually having a couple grams MORE per serving than the label indicated. So that's a company I'd be confident in after seeing those results.

Many of the whey products were underdosed it turned out.

clk

clk

Awards
The meats in my diet are about 75% beef and 25% chicken. I fugin hate chicken. The chicken that I do eat is ground chicken that I freeze and put in a blender with water, egg white and kale.

With the amount of beef and whole eggs I eat, some people have asked about cholesterol. I've never had high cholesterol during any of my blood work. Ever.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The meats in my diet are about 75% beef and 25% chicken. I fugin hate chicken. The chicken that I do eat is ground chicken that I freeze and put in a blender with water, egg white and kale.

With the amount of beef and whole eggs I eat, some people have asked about cholesterol. I've never had high cholesterol during any of my blood work. Ever.
I've seen Blaine Sumner talk about making ground chicken shakes - is that his recipe?

clk

clk

Awards
I've seen Blaine Sumner talk about making ground chicken shakes - is that his recipe?
YEEEEP! Many people have done them in the past with other foods. Bryan shaw used to do it with tuna and berf. I've copied their ideas also. But when i got sick of chicken is when I heard about Sumner doing chicken shakes. So naturally, being the copy cat that I am, I copied him.

Chicken shakes are by far the better of the meats for the blender. The rather bland taste keeps the shake easy to consume. Do not try a tuna shake. Trust me. Just eat the damn tuna and thank yourself for not putting it in a blender.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Chicken shakes are by far the better of the meats for the blender. The rather bland taste keeps the shake easy to consume. Do not try a tuna shake. Trust me. Just eat the damn tuna and thank yourself for not putting it in a blender.
Do you cook the chicken first and then freeze it?

clk

clk

Awards
Of course. Otherwise that would be a receipt for salmonella lol

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Of course. Otherwise that would be a receipt for salmonella lol
well it's not everyday that I hear somebody makes a chicken shake, so I figured there were no stupid questions at this point lol

clk

clk

Awards
?????

clk

clk

Awards
I'm 6'5 @290. I have to eat a lot of food. Gets old and blenders make it a bit easier.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Unfortunately years back I DID try the tuna shake...that was a fail.

So do you just wait til it's mainly thawed and then blend the meat while it's still cold, or do you reheat it any? Like is the shake cold or lukewarm for more flavor?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've thrown whole pasteurized eggs in the blender with a shake, but never chicken. That sounds interesting.

clk

clk

Awards
Unfortunately years back I DID try the tuna shake...that was a fail.

So do you just wait til it's mainly thawed and then blend the meat while it's still cold, or do you reheat it any? Like is the shake cold or lukewarm for more flavor?
Do it when the meat is cold and frozen. Many people use ice in their smoothies (non fitness smoothie) to give it a creamy and cold texture. As nasty as it sounds, The frozen chicken takes the place of the ice. When it's all said and done, the shake comes out in a pretty smooth, creamy consistency with a pretty benign taste. It's doesn't taste bad, but it's also not delicious. Kinda like water. But man, it's so hard to get in a solid meal really quick when you're a larger fella. I'm a full time nursing student and have little time in school to sit down and eat a large meal (my meals are at LEAST 12OZ of meat plus carbs). So having a couple chicken shakes In a iced down cooler bag is my go to option. I can chug it quick.

When your desire is high enough, you will make avenues around the excuses.

clk

clk

Awards
I've thrown whole pasteurized eggs in the blender with a shake, but never chicken. That sounds interesting.
Give it a shot one day. It's not bad. My gf has even tried it and doesn't mind it. She won't even taste my... Nevermind.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Give it a shot one day. It's not bad. My gf has even tried it and doesn't mind it. She won't even taste my... Nevermind.
You know, there's more fish in the sea... Just sayin'

clk

clk

Awards
ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
[video=youtube;22Hg9G3CS4s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22Hg9G3CS4s[/video]

Derek Poundstone CHICKEN SHAKE

barffffffffffffff

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
make sure atleast half your meal is veggies....

clk

clk

Awards

barffffffffffffff
Haha its really not that bad.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds disgusting. I've bulked for many years and have never had to stoop to those levels. Lol

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds disgusting. I've bulked for many years and have never had to stoop to those levels. Lol
Stoop to those levels? There's nothing about consuming chicken breast that relates to "bulking"; anyone can find ways to simply add extraneous calories (i.e. eat/drink more junk). There are multiple high level bodybuilders and elite strength athletes that are known for doing this because it's a more convenient way to stick to their diets.

clk

clk

Awards
Have you ever taken a drink of water while chewing on chicken? If so, congrats. That's the exact same thing.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Don't bother, he just drops into threads with a word or two of "knowledge".

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Bro, lemme tell what my bro told me, and his bro told him....

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

barffffffffffffff
when you are short of breath blending chicken, you maybe should rethink things...

clk

clk

Awards

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
I eat beef every day. I use grass fed though and drain and rinse the fat off.
Do you find the grain fed stuff digests better? I love beef, but I get bloated from it....I think it stays in my system for a week or two.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Do you find the grain fed stuff digests better? I love beef, but I get bloated from it....I think it stays in my system for a week or two.
I've never really thought about it, but I haven't really had any digestion issues with it and I have had my fair share of digestive issues in the past. I haven't experimented though to see. You might want to just buy a pound or two and try it out.