EAA's Pre/During Workout

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
years ago I remember using Modern BCAA+ which I believe the "+" meant it included all 9 EAA.
I've always cycled some BCAA's into my nutrition when cutting weight but recently got back to the full 9 EAA.

(I'm using Redcon because I happen to like their brand and pick up a lot of sales, although I think 99% of over the shelf supps are the same regardless of brand).

Long story short, I've noticed since adding EAA's my workouts are insanely more intense. My capacity is blowing my mind. Back in my xfit days I'd add dextrose to my pre-workout and I'm getting the same effect.

The downside is my body is completely wrecked due to output doubling in my workouts lately, lol.

TLDR:
revisited EAA's and am shocked to see results from something I half the time think is a placebo, lol.

SSJ4GOD

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I have always swapped between during workouts and post workouts and never really noticed a difference. Both ways increased my recovery. Maybe because my preworkout is intense enough that EAAs get drowned out.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
what do you use for pre-workout?
I went about 6 months with nothing and just got back on C4 in sept. another standard over the shelf gimmick but it has been fantastic for me this fall.

SSJ4GOD

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
what do you use for pre-workout?
I went about 6 months with nothing and just got back on C4 in sept. another standard over the shelf gimmick but it has been fantastic for me this fall.
I use almost exclusively now Wicked by innovative labs. Has DMHA in it. Stuff kicks hard. Caffeine has zero effect on me at least noticeable so I rely on other stims. So I either use wicked or use a stim free pump product if I don’t want stims. Wicked is A++ tho

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Is there a question here?

I’ve never noticed much from amino supplements, but Mike Arnold is releasing one soon that I’ll need to try for sure. If you like EAAs, you’ll want to keep an eye out for his stuff, MALabs.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I use almost exclusively now Wicked by innovative labs. Has DMHA in it. Stuff kicks hard. Caffeine has zero effect on me at least noticeable so I rely on other stims. So I either use wicked or use a stim free pump product if I don’t want stims. Wicked is A++ tho
that's going to be more similar to our old school jack3d then? I haven't tried it yet but I'm down to place an order or find some for sure. beta alanine has a ritualistic effect on me. when the skin starts tingling, as I'm tying up my lifters, sliding up the knee sleeves and turning on the music my brain goes into "go time" mode even if I'm exhausted. I'm hesitant to give up my caffeine although I don't know for sure that it's helping or not.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Is there a question here?

I’ve never noticed much from amino supplements, but Mike Arnold is releasing one soon that I’ll need to try for sure. If you like EAAs, you’ll want to keep an eye out for his stuff, MALabs.
na not much of a question I guess. more a topic of discussion and seeking others thoughts.

I'll look into MA Labs as well, gracias amigo!

SSJ4GOD

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
that's going to be more similar to our old school jack3d then? I haven't tried it yet but I'm down to place an order or find some for sure. beta alanine has a ritualistic effect on me. when the skin starts tingling, as I'm tying up my lifters, sliding up the knee sleeves and turning on the music my brain goes into "go time" mode even if I'm exhausted. I'm hesitant to give up my caffeine although I don't know for sure that it's helping or not.
Wicked still has caffeine and plenty of it. It just also has DMHA. I actually prefer DMHA to DMAA (what was in the original jac3d). It’s a little less intense but a lot more “feel good”/“euphoric” at least in my experience. Seems to be a much cleaner stim. Also great appetite suppressing as well.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Juice daddy and Daft pump from vicious labs for a crazy pwo mixed together

EAAS sipping through every workout

Madevilz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
EAA pre for me, just because I hate carrying around a shaker in the gym.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Wicked still has caffeine and plenty of it. It just also has DMHA. I actually prefer DMHA to DMAA (what was in the original jac3d). It’s a little less intense but a lot more “feel good”/“euphoric” at least in my experience. Seems to be a much cleaner stim. Also great appetite suppressing as well.
awesome, thanks man I'm going to give it a try. I dont' think I currently need the appetite suppressant as I'm already reverse dieting but hey, I'm down for some new toys to test.

EAA pre for me, just because I hate carrying around a shaker in the gym.
I agree, I hate that. although lately my workouts have been a bit more intense and I like LISS post workout so I've been pounding protein around my last few sets before I get on the treadmill. I was wondering if that would make me puke but since it's LISS it's no issue. I just didn't want to wait the extra 30-60minutes post workout to get protein in.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I like nutra bio intra blast…pretty loaded product, tastes good, clean/open label….but to be honest, I’m on a budget, everything has gone up and these type of things are first to go. I used to be able to find this for 35 bucks or so, now it’s around 45-50.

I eat big pre and post workout, and drink a Gatorade zero intra,…been into having a few gummy bears about halfway thru training.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I've been doing Intra R3 by Hosstile during my workouts and it definitely helps me get through the workouts and not feel sluggish or weak half way through.

Dick-Hertz

Dick-Hertz

Awards
EAA's wont UP anyone's intensity, all in the mind.
Now PWO's are another story... They can help, but the person manages the intensity, not a powder...

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ya I can't say EAA or the like have ever had a particular benefit to workout intensity for myself or necessarily have any way they might do that, but I am a big fan of various periworkout approaches. I've used all sorts of things over the years, but usually EAA + Carb does the trick for me for what I want to get out of it.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I like nutra bio intra blast…pretty loaded product, tastes good, clean/open label….but to be honest, I’m on a budget, everything has gone up and these type of things are first to go. I used to be able to find this for 35 bucks or so, now it’s around 45-50.

I eat big pre and post workout, and drink a Gatorade zero intra,…been into having a few gummy bears about halfway thru training.
you feel like your body gets the sugar from the gummy bears that fast? I know it's a common go to for powerlifters. Basically same premise to as why I used to add a scoop of dextrose.

EAA's wont UP anyone's intensity, all in the mind.
Now PWO's are another story... They can help, but the person manages the intensity, not a powder...
nothing wrong with a placebo that works

SSJ4GOD

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
you feel like your body gets the sugar from the gummy bears that fast? I know it's a common go to for powerlifters. Basically same premise to as why I used to add a scoop of dextrose.

Whoa who said anything about them working. Maybe the guy just likes gummy bears! I sure do. Avoid them sugar free ones though because you will lose 5 pounds in a day or two. Volcano city!

Danksta710

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I drink mine in my intra and YES it helps with intensity. Not really sure how that be argued. You are feeding your muscles as you break them down vs breaking them down and not feeding them. Glad you are getting benefits. I find carbs help to increase the intesity and length of the workout too.

Madevilz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I drink mine in my intra and YES it helps with intensity. Not really sure how that be argued. You are feeding your muscles as you break them down vs breaking them down and not feeding them. Glad you are getting benefits. I find carbs help to increase the intesity and length of the workout too.
Comon, I use EAA, but it wont "intensify" your workout. It's a not stim or anything that will work immediatly. That's just placebo bro.

If it does anything, it would only help for recovery, and even that is questionnable if your daily protein is adequate.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Can you expand? I feel like this is just a misunderstanding of terminology, but I'm not following the train of thought here on how that acutely benefits training.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Comon, I use EAA, but it wont "intensify" your workout. It's a not stim or anything that will work immediatly. That's just placebo bro.

If it does anything, it would only help for recovery, and even that is questionnable if your daily protein is adequate.
depends on what you define as intensity, intensity is an overused word in the fitness community

intense: marked by or expressive of great zeal, energy, determination, or concentration

i notice an increase in endurance by taking amino's pre/intra workout...i'd consider that alone to be an increase in "intensity"

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
depends on what you define as intensity, intensity is an overused word in the fitness community

intense: marked by or expressive of great zeal, energy, determination, or concentration

i notice an increase in endurance by taking amino's pre/intra workout...i'd consider that alone to be an increase in "intensity"
I'm likely using endurance and intensity synonymously. When I started working EAA's into my pre-workout I'm hungry to be lifting long after I should be done. vs without, I'm dying on my last few sets.

Danksta710

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Fair enough, this has turned into a conversation over terminology lol. EAA's allow me to up the intensity. Instead of turning the knob to 10, EAA's allow me to go to 11.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Fair enough, this has turned into a conversation over terminology lol. EAA's allow me to up the intensity. Instead of turning the knob to 10, EAA's allow me to go to 11.
haha these days after work and commute by the time I get to the gym the past few weeks on EAA's has felt like turning the knob from 7 to 11 lol

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Yeah for sure,…Go with the haribro brand, they got snakes and sour shoes lol…Just check that the first ingredient on the label is glucose…It’s subtle, but effective, enjoyable.