E2 management on clomid

C

cigpk

Awards
Hi all,

Wanted to get your opinion on how I should manage my anastrazole dose based on my e2 results while also taking Clomid.

I have been on Clomid 25 mg EOD for about 3 months.

After 1 month on Clomid and .25 mg anastrazole every 4 days, my levels were as follows:
T- 631
Standard E2 - 17

I was having bad joint pain and fatigue so I cut my anastrazole dose in half and took .125 mg anastrazole every 5 days and 25 mg Clomid EOD:
Total t - 683
Standard e2: 22
Sensitive e2: 17

I’m still having joint pain and tendinitis but feeling better energy wise. Should I just cut out the anastrazole all together or maybe try .125 mg every 6 days.

Would changing from .125 E5D to E6D allow my e2 to recover or should I just cut out the anastrazole? Once a week?

My doc is just telling me to continue with current protocol but I’m hating this joint pain.

S

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I would cut back to .25 mgs once a week.

C

cigpk

Awards
I’m at .125 every 5 days. So I take it you mean .125 once a week?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
If estrogen was high to begin with then I could see way an AI is needed with clomid. I am seeing to many doctors Over prescribing AI in a “just in case scenario” with out proper data for justification.

S

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’m at .125 every 5 days. So I take it you mean .125 once a week?
How are you taking .125 mgs? How are you able to cut that pill into 8 pieces? I have a hard enough time getting cut into quarters. So yes if you take .125 mgs then take only that amount once a week. You also need to get follow up blood work after being at that amount for a couple of months.

C

cigpk

Awards
My Anas comes from a compounding pharmacy in .25 mg capsules. I just divide the capsule in half by pouring into a separate capsule

S

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My Anas comes from a compounding pharmacy in .25 mg capsules. I just divide the capsule in half by pouring into a separate capsule
Gotcha! I do it the old way....pill cutter and a 1 mg pill cut into quarters. Yeah, I would stick to .125 once a week. You could probably even skip a week, then start the .125 mgs once per week.

C

cigpk

Awards
So here is what has been going on:

After my last labs were taken, my doc decided to try me out on 12.5 mg Clomid EOD and quit taking arimidex completely. I have read some people actually get better T results on this Clomid dose So I figured I’d try it out. I have been on 12.5 Clomid for about 10 days and my last arimidex dose was 5 days ago. I initially felt really bad and fatigued, almost exhausted all day but this has gone away and I feel much better now. However, I have pretty much lost all of my morning wood/nocturnal erections. I doubt my e2 would have immediately climbed so much that it’s causing this, esp since I just took arimidex Saturday with a lower dose of Clomid so I’m thinking maybe it went too low when I lowered Clomid and this will recover since I quit taking arimidex? Or I’m hoping so at least. Still having a little joint pain, decent sex drive, just no morning wood. Can’t get labs for another month or sk

C

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
Hi all,

Wanted to get your opinion on how I should manage my anastrazole dose based on my e2 results while also taking Clomid.

I have been on Clomid 25 mg EOD for about 3 months.

After 1 month on Clomid and .25 mg anastrazole every 4 days, my levels were as follows:
T- 631
Standard E2 - 17

I was having bad joint pain and fatigue so I cut my anastrazole dose in half and took .125 mg anastrazole every 5 days and 25 mg Clomid EOD:
Total t - 683
Standard e2: 22
Sensitive e2: 17

I’m still having joint pain and tendinitis but feeling better energy wise. Should I just cut out the anastrazole all together or maybe try .125 mg every 6 days.

Would changing from .125 E5D to E6D allow my e2 to recover or should I just cut out the anastrazole? Once a week?

My doc is just telling me to continue with current protocol but I’m hating this joint pain.
what was your T and E2 prior to the clomid/arimidex?

C

cigpk

Awards
Before any TRT:
E2: 9
Total t: 159

On injections and arimidex for 2 years:
E2: 20-30 range
T>1200

Went off injections and onto Clomid 25 mg eod and arimidex 2x per week:
E2:17
Total t: 680

Went off arimidex and stayed on Clomid 12.5 mg eod and feel so much better. About as I did on injections

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Before any TRT:

On injections and arimidex for 2 years:
E2: 20-30 range
T>1200

Went off arimidex and stayed on Clomid 12.5 mg eod and feel so much better. About as I did on injections
What was the test dosage when you were on TRT?
What's your E2 and T now with this 12.5mg EOD protocol?

C

cigpk

Awards
Haven’t had my levels re tested but I feel better than I did on 25 eod. I think dropping arimidex was a good idea.

My test dose was 40mg twice a week
I’ll add my levels once I retest with 12.5 eod

A

anton3196

Awards
imo if your joints start to hurt it's time to cut back on anastrozole or remove it completely.. its first sign you are overdoing it (along with loss of libido)

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Check free e2 night see a different picture

B

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Haven’t had my levels re tested but I feel better than I did on 25 eod. I think dropping arimidex was a good idea.

My test dose was 40mg twice a week
I’ll add my levels once I retest with 12.5 eod
I’m interested to hear how it worked out and what levels you ended up with on that dose?

P

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Just one problem you can't test E2 Estradiol levels you need to stop using Clomid for about 3 to 4 weeks.
pmgamer