DTP Dhea suppression?

AtomicFox

AtomicFox

Awards
  • Established
I'm wondering why some people recommend DTP as part of PCT since it contains DHEA which can cause suppression.

Any thoughts?

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
... cause it doesn't. Transdermal DHEA may cause a bit of shutdown.

DHEA does block cortisol - which is handy PCT. Its mainly a neurosteriod, ie. it has other functions.

AtomicFox

AtomicFox

Awards
  • Established
Do you have anything to back that up?

The way I see it: DHEA converts to testosterone and estrogen so it can and will cause shut down. How fast this is going to happen is of course dose dependant. It is true though that transdermal DHEA will cause suppression faster since it acts 10x stronger due to the absorption enzymes in the skin.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
DHEA during cycle not for pct, that is what adaptogens are for. DHEA could be used for post pct.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Check out the PCT forum for cortisol blocking:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/post-cycle-therapy/66113-no-excuses-no.html

Its one of the most famous threads on board.

Check out the wiki - I've not but it should give the biochemical mechanism to cortisol blocking.

If you still don't believe me check cortisol pre-DHEA (saliva test) run a heavy DHEA cycle stop it suddenly then check cortisol again 1 week after stopping (saliva test). Notice any change? I'll bet ya - like cortisol now leveled. Fatigued? I'll bet ya. If you are still not convinced ... :dunno:

AtomicFox

AtomicFox

Awards
  • Established
I am well aware of the fact that DHEA can help block cortisol. But really our main issue during PCT is to get the androgens back on track which will be a lot harder if adding DHEA since it can cause suppression.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Check my log. A cycle of DHEA and maca raised test by 25%.

I put that down to maca because it caused an outbreak of acne when I started it.

25% test ... is twice the boost a "deadlift" can cause. Check UKStrengths sponsored log use of Dermacrine PCT for PP, he's monitoring test as well and targeting androgen recovery.

1. You don't appreciate what a neurosteriod is
2. Just because an element is present in excess in a metabolic pathway that in no way means it can regulate it.

Point 2 is the mistake here.

The other mistake is thinking that PCT is about normalizing androgens... if you don't get cortisol in check you could lose your gains. PCT is also about keeping gains.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Anyway you don't have to agree but at least you can now see why DHEA is considered at least by some to be integral to PCT. UKStrength's log is singly about using DHEA PCT and he's serious guy - he wouldn't mess up like that nor would PP sponsor him to do so. :grouphug:

The fact DHEA was once the darling of the anti-aging movement should be another clue, they wouldn't touch the stuff if they thought it risked seriously elevating DHT 'cause that will risk prostrate problems (like cancer). :1244:

If you don't agree just use something else. Fair? :thinking:

I'm going to use PP's EndoMax Amp BTW - after saying all that.... :lol: which kinda funny really. I love it - bit pricy/ not universally loved - but for me its great.

Just bust my emote quota for the next year.:biglaugh: