Drop of vinegar before sleeping may improve body composition

Jake Fires

Jake Fires

Awards
  • Established
be careful acv is acidic. if you find your self coughing its because your getting 2 much. im taking my dosing down.

Dizmal

Dizmal

Awards
  • Established
Still having vivid dreams 3 nights in... Dosing 1 tbsp before bed. So based on past experience with other hgh supps you take at night. I'd say it's working?

Jake Fires

Jake Fires

Awards
  • Established
do you guys get a euphoric feeling about 2 mins after taking your shots?

Dizmal

Dizmal

Awards
  • Established
I'm usually still recovering from the taste so i haven't noticed...

Dizmal

Dizmal

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, **** is nasty. I put a bit of water in my mouth and then down a tblsp of ACV, makes it bearable.

TJM5054

Just got back on the ACV regimen last night. Dreams were definitely notched up a good bit.

For example, think of a baby that is jacked and can walk and talk and smoke cigars? A mobster baby in my dream!

FilipeBR

FilipeBR

Awards
I also experimented with ACV pills

didnt notice much at all

Get the organic liquid!

go big or go home :D
Thanks, i'll try mixing one tablespoon with a glass of water, instead of taking it like a shot.

Jake Fires

Jake Fires

Awards
  • Established
put some honey in there 2. you gotta take it like a tiquila shot man lol

Frequency

Frequency

Awards
  • Established
put some honey in there 2. you gotta take it like a tiquila shot man lol
this would negate the effects a bit i would imagine. if your looking to drop blood sugar a bit eating sugar probably isn't the thing to do

Jake Fires

Jake Fires

Awards
  • Established
ahh a little bit wouldnt hurt.
i did think of that, i was about to put some sugar in a glass with it and thought, well if vinegar lowers blood glucose levels wouldnt this equal it out?

i dont see it messing up GH release. honey's all natural it also has some health benefits.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Insulin is supposed to blunt GH, and honey still has carbs. Having said that, I know plenty of kids who loved their sweets and still grew to be tall, so I think some people are a little to afraid of the whole GH insulin issue.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
I've been using Apple Cider Vinegar for a few years. Originally I used it for glycogen partitioning, but have since been more interested in alkalizing effects of foods. Even though APV is acidic with a PH ranging between 3.5-7 (depending on the brand), when digested the citric acid in APV breaks down and form alkaline ions (postassium citrate or magnesium citrate). It actually increases alkalinity once digested, which is interesting, at least for me. I'm still pretty new to the whole ionizing and alkalizing schools of thought, but it certainly is worth looking into. I have good friends that swear by it.

Frequency

Frequency

Awards
  • Established
ahh a little bit wouldnt hurt.
i did think of that, i was about to put some sugar in a glass with it and thought, well if vinegar lowers blood glucose levels wouldnt this equal it out?

i dont see it messing up GH release. honey's all natural it also has some health benefits.
As far as i know GH is realesed because BGL and insulin is lower. ACV only lowered BGL by 4% on average though so the honey would completely defeat the point in taking ACV unless its for acne issues which, for me, i have found non organic does nothing for it

Jake Fires

Jake Fires

Awards
  • Established
thanks ive learned something.

now to learn what else we can use to coat the taste of the shot?
cinamin?

this maybe would explain me having dreams but there not as vivid
my dreams are like me reading a book and not like watching a movie.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
thanks ive learned something.

now to learn what else we can use to coat the taste of the shot?
cinnamon?

this maybe would explain me having dreams but there not as vivid
my dreams are like me reading a book and not like watching a movie.
Cinnamon usually doesnt mix wel with liquid, which explains the lack of cinnamon protein shakes. Try it though. The acid might melt it. Cinnamon also lowers blood sugar.

edvanp

edvanp

Awards
  • Established
I gave this a shot last night. I slept very well and had some good dreams though I don't remember any of them! Worth repeating for sure.

niCe99

niCe99

Awards
  • Established
I've been using Apple Cider Vinegar for a few years. Originally I used it for glycogen partitioning, but have since been more interested in alkalizing effects of foods. Even though APV is acidic with a PH ranging between 3.5-7 (depending on the brand), when digested the citric acid in APV breaks down and form alkaline ions (postassium citrate or magnesium citrate). It actually increases alkalinity once digested, which is interesting, at least for me. I'm still pretty new to the whole ionizing and alkalizing schools of thought, but it certainly is worth looking into. I have good friends that swear by it.
interesting...

may i ask, what sort of dosage/amount were you taking when trying to achieve glycogen partitioning?

And with regards to the alkalizing effect...does that just mean basic (ie a pH above 7)? If so, could you not simply eat an abundance of fruits and vegetables to cancel out this acidic effect that our body produces? OR, is the effect of ACV t hat great when it comes to alkalizing?
Either way, we can both agree ACV has an abundance of good health benefits!

And to everyone else regarding about masking the taste, you can buy some sort of citrus juice (such as orange, grapefruit or apple juice) and put your ACV in it. Wont even know its in there!

Dizmal

Dizmal

Awards
  • Established
Still sleeping like a baby after a week. Vivid dreams still coming every night. So far so good!

Also, after googling ACV + health benefits there is a lot of recommendations for ACV and Honey mixed together. They're not necessarily speaking of this mixture before bed for GH releases but for drinking with meals throughout the day for fat loss I believe?

Any way, googling this turns up some interesting reads.

RAHHH

Awards
  • Established
I take apple cider vinigar everyday about 2-4oz worth (helpes GREAT with acne) pluse its just healthy for you.
look into it trust me.....

Patrick Ewing

Awards
You guys are saying this is improving your sleep quality?

I would do a whole shot if it does anything :)

Jake Fires

Jake Fires

Awards
  • Established
yes it is definatley doing something.

but everyone need to be careful. if you start to get a scratch in your throat and it makes you cough a little bit thats a clear sign that your getting too much.

and also ive read that rubbing some on your face reduces redness and improves your complextion

niCe99

niCe99

Awards
  • Established
yes it is definatley doing something.

but everyone need to be careful. if you start to get a scratch in your throat and it makes you cough a little bit thats a clear sign that your getting too much.

and also ive read that rubbing some on your face reduces redness and improves your complextion
i personally wouldnt rub vinegar on my face....it seems that the opposite of what you said would occur...my face would react violently with the vinegar..then again i have very sensitive skin

Jake Fires

Jake Fires

Awards
  • Established
im just telling you what ive read. idk give it a try.i popped a zit on my face this morning . it got really red so i put some vinegar on it. let it sit for about 1 min then rinsed with water. took the redness away pretty good.

Frequency

Frequency

Awards
  • Established
interesting...
And to everyone else regarding about masking the taste, you can buy some sort of citrus juice (such as orange, grapefruit or apple juice) and put your ACV in it. Wont even know its in there!
except if this is use before bed you going to negate the gh boosting effects

niCe99

niCe99

Awards
  • Established
except if this is use before bed you going to negate the gh boosting effects
mmm never thought of that

in that case, pour your ACV in a shooter glass and take it like a man :D

im just telling you what ive read. idk give it a try.i popped a zit on my face this morning . it got really red so i put some vinegar on it. let it sit for about 1 min then rinsed with water. took the redness away pretty good.
in the case of single zits/pimples, i found this product really helpful. Put it on overnight and the pimple will shrink greatly and become unnoticeable after popping of course.

http://www.acne.org/proactiv-refining-mask-reviews/144/page1.html

Frequency

Frequency

Awards
  • Established
mmm never thought of that

in that case, pour your ACV in a shooter glass and take it like a man :D

in the case of single zits/pimples, i found this product really helpful. Put it on overnight and the pimple will shrink greatly and become unnoticeable after popping of course.

http://www.acne.org/proactiv-refining-mask-reviews/144/page1.html
Thats how i do it. I put gaba in it as well. lol the ACV is actually sitting im my liquor cabinet because my shot glasses are in there.

edvanp

edvanp

Awards
  • Established
I've been taking Celery seed pills with ACV it at night. I'm prone to gout and Celery seed really helps. It knocks me out and I've been sleeping very hard, which is great!

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I wonder if all of us ZMA users could just drop the magnesium, and take zinc with some ACV. I wonder how much ACV we would need.

Patrick Ewing

Awards
I tried a little mixed in a glass of water after dinner last night. Ill keep testing it out since we have this giant jug of it :)

Doesn't taste bad with water

Jake Fires

Jake Fires

Awards
  • Established
I tried a little mixed in a glass of water after dinner last night. Ill keep testing it out since we have this giant jug of it :)

Doesn't taste bad with water
hehehahah doesnt taste bad with water..
get out of town lol

it always makes me think im about to start making easter eggs

Patrick Ewing

Awards
hehehahah doesnt taste bad with water..
get out of town lol

it always makes me think im about to start making easter eggs
hahah if this stuff helps at all, ill test it out every night for awhile.

Theres any studies on it helping sleep?

Dizmal

Dizmal

Awards
  • Established
I don't know about studies but 1 tbsp of ACV, 1.5mg of melatonin before bed and I'm out like a light the whole night.

Was using some ZMK for a few nights but just ran out. I have some somnidren laying around I might start taking also. Just because I have it.

I dunno, so far I'm in love with this ACV/Melatonin combo

FilipeBR

FilipeBR

Awards
Get a tomato...make a hole inside and pour 2 tblsp of the Organic APV inside and eat the tomato...sprinkle some salt...tastes great and u wont really feel the acidity that much :)

vudoo

Awards
just got a big bottle of the organic stuff at whole foods for $3.50. gonna try it tonight!

Frequency

Frequency

Awards
  • Established
Get a tomato...make a hole inside and pour 2 tblsp of the Organic APV inside and eat the tomato...sprinkle some salt...tastes great and u wont really feel the acidity that much :)
Again if this before bed, or really anytime, it will probably negate the desired effect of the ACV. The main point of taking ACV is to maximize GH levels, unless your using organic stuff for acne, and it supposedly does so by lower sugar levels and thus lowering insulin. Somebody will correct any points ive missed if ive missed any. Anyhow consuming anything that will raise blood sugar with ACV will ultimately negate you desired effect. It could however help with weight control or loss though quite minimally as they say it only lowers blood sugar by up to 4%. Now it could be exponentially higher the higher BGL you have.

FilipeBR

FilipeBR

Awards
Again if this before bed, or really anytime, it will probably negate the desired effect of the ACV. The main point of taking ACV is to maximize GH levels, unless your using organic stuff for acne, and it supposedly does so by lower sugar levels and thus lowering insulin. Somebody will correct any points ive missed if ive missed any. Anyhow consuming anything that will raise blood sugar with ACV will ultimately negate you desired effect. It could however help with weight control or loss though quite minimally as they say it only lowers blood sugar by up to 4%. Now it could be exponentially higher the higher BGL you have.
You're right

vudoo

Awards
OMG it's nasty even mixed in a glass of water. I used 1 TBSP.

Dizmal

Dizmal

Awards
  • Established
Yeah the taste grows on you. I'm a week and a half in and it's not nearly as bad as that first gulp was.

Frequency

Frequency

Awards
  • Established
its an acquired taste :D

btw, my ability to take shots of hard liquor has improved since starting ACV !
start shooting 151 regularly and youll look forward to the ACV lol

niCe99

niCe99

Awards
  • Established
start shooting 151 regularly and youll look forward to the ACV lol
i honestly cannot believe anyone can enjoy a drink of 151 let alone a shot of 151....

i remember i took 2 shots of it at once one time at a club. it was my first time and i didnt know what 151 was. needless to say i puked all over this girl i was dancing with...

Frequency

Frequency

Awards
  • Established
i honestly cannot believe anyone can enjoy a drink of 151 let alone a shot of 151....

i remember i took 2 shots of it at once one time at a club. it was my first time and i didnt know what 151 was. needless to say i puked all over this girl i was dancing with...
lol the **** burns but after a couple it will go down smooth lol

FilipeBR

FilipeBR

Awards
I really doubt it does anything but the placebo effect is great...i THINK i actually sleep better, even though I think it's all psychological because of everyone saying it's a miracle drink lol oh well...at least i FEEL like it works, let's see how long it lasts.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Go for the liquid, Bragg brand I definitely noticed better digestion with the stuff, just slam it fast and don't drink TOO Much water with it, it will increase stomach acid which will aid digestion but diluting it with too much water will lower that effect. It REALLY helped DOMS, also don't keep it in your mouth long because of how acidic it is, your tooth enamel won't be happy with you. Great stuff though and cheap, Apple Cider Vinegar, digestive enzymes and a good probiotic and your good to go digestion wise.