Dr. D... your thoughts on TUDCA for AAS/DS use

muad33b

muad33b

Awards
2 doses, 400mg
Right, for PCT. I kind of confused things a bit when I mentioned above that i take 400mg every day, year round... that way if/when i do end up going on cycle (and continuing the 400mg/day while on cycle) I'm in great shape for pct, where I'll double up if it was a heavy methyl cycle, or just stick to my normal dosage if it's a light cycle. This is just what i do, and does not reflect D_'s recommendations.

lboston

lboston

Awards
Right, for PCT. I kind of confused things a bit when I mentioned above that i take 400mg every day, year round... that way if/when i do end up going on cycle (and continuing the 400mg/day while on cycle) I'm in great shape for pct, where I'll double up if it was a heavy methyl cycle, or just stick to my normal dosage if it's a light cycle. This is just what i do, and does not reflect D_'s recommendations.
Thanks man-have you ever done labs and gotten results back that you could share? I'm particularly interested as to how this would affect liver function.

muad33b

muad33b

Awards
Every time I do blood work my liver values are right where they should be, even after long 8 week double methyl cycles... haven't had it checked recently, but that time is here as I'm just finishing PCT so I'll try to remember to post back here the next results I get... last cycle was 5 weeks ago and was 8 weeks of mechabol @ 75/day and then weeks 7-9 dymethazine (which was brutal, by the end my skin started getting itchy and my piss smelled horrible and looked like dark tea - signs of liver strain.. that last week of dymeth was too much) which I will say was prob the most foolish cycle I've run... I had a lot going on stress wise so I just said "**** it"... not a cycle I would recommended. Anyhow, I had run SAM-e @ 400mg/day (Doctor's Best - a D_ approved brand) for months straight before hand, during, and have been running it since (I haven't doubled up cause $$ was tight) so it'll be interesting to see what my values are at in a week or two when I get blood work. That will be after about 6 weeks of PCT.

That said, I don't think I could have done what I did without the SAM-e... and if I had gone to 800/day on cycle I probably could have got away with more... but I'm not going to try it again to see lol.

lboston

lboston

Awards
Every time I do blood work my liver values are right where they should be, even after long 8 week double methyl cycles... haven't had it checked recently, but that time is here as I'm just finishing PCT so I'll try to remember to post back here the next results I get... last cycle was 5 weeks ago and was 8 weeks of mechabol @ 75/day and then weeks 7-9 dymethazine (which was brutal, by the end my skin started getting itchy and my piss smelled horrible and looked like dark tea - signs of liver strain.. that last week of dymeth was too much) which I will say was prob the most foolish cycle I've run... I had a lot going on stress wise so I just said "**** it"... not a cycle I would recommended. Anyhow, I had run SAM-e @ 400mg/day (Doctor's Best - a D_ approved brand) for months straight before hand, during, and have been running it since (I haven't doubled up cause $$ was tight) so it'll be interesting to see what my values are at in a week or two when I get blood work. That will be after about 6 weeks of PCT.

That said, I don't think I could have done what I did without the SAM-e... and if I had gone to 800/day on cycle I probably could have got away with more... but I'm not going to try it again to see lol.
So even with the double methyls your values were normal!? Does SAMe seem to help with lipids as well? I'm impressed. Don't think I'd take it that extreme...lol...but impressed!

muad33b

muad33b

Awards
So even with the double methyls your values were normal!? Does SAMe seem to help with lipids as well? I'm impressed. Don't think I'd take it that extreme...lol...but impressed!
I don't get bloodwork right at the end of the cycle, but more after PCT to see if there's anything else I still need to "work on" before I even consider starting another cycle. Every time I do this, my liver values are basically perfect; not even a little off... this was true even for the last double methyl (halo+epi) that I ran... As for lipids, D_ has a different protocol for that, mostly involving Niacin + No Flush Niacin... you really should check out his PCT articles over at Lean Bulk dot com. I've followed them and my blood work proves that it works for me... except that time I didn't bother with the Niacin protocol and had ****ty lipid numbers lol...

JD261985

Banned
Awards
Is it better to use SAMe pct or on cycle or both? Also could I use tudca at 1 gram along with it? I would assume take tudca and SAMe 4 hours after ingestion of methylated oral. Also trying to figure out what LOLA is and what brand sells reputable sylmarin (milk thistle)? Last question...almost there...is it recommended to buy a cycle assist supplement or is it better to buy ingredients separately to design your own?

Reactions: mw1
muad33b

muad33b

Awards
Is it better to use SAMe pct or on cycle or both? Also could I use tudca at 1 gram along with it? I would assume take tudca and SAMe 4 hours after ingestion of methylated oral. Also trying to figure out what LOLA is and what brand sells reputable sylmarin (milk thistle)? Last question...almost there...is it recommended to buy a cycle assist supplement or is it better to buy ingredients separately to design your own?
If you read this entire thread, including the links and materials referenced here in this thread, you'll see that SAMe is used by itself for both liver support on-cycle and in PCT.

That said, there is the idea that if you can get away without liver protection while on cycle, there might be more active anabolic in your system as your liver is less able to keep up with the demands... however, this is kind of towards the questions I've got earlier in this thread to D_ regarding the timing of SAMe on-cycle.

djremix

djremix

Awards
  • Established
Wanna see blood test results after using TUDCA at 500mg/day?
cycle:

http://www.mindandmuscle.net/forum/41414-ultradrol-wow

summary: (liver values)

results guide:
1) normal range
2) older results just before my UD cycle
3) current results (few days ago)

cholesterol:
1) <200
2) 116 (too low)
3) 148 (respectable :) )

triglycerides:
1) <150
2) 40
3) 33 (woot)

HDL
1) >55
2) 46
3) 62

LDL
1) <100
2) 62
3) 79

ALT/GPT
1) <30
2) 49
3) 31

AST/GOT
1) <30
2) 45
3) 25

billirubin total
1) < 1
2) 1.11
3) .68

c reactive protein
1) < 1
2) 1.4
3) 0.6

i did a full panel actually and everything was awesome, and some better than pre cycle. didnt do during because it IS expensive.

thing is, i did UD before very similar cycle to this and most of my enzymes were elevated 5 to 15% which is still ok actually

stankyleg

stankyleg

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for posting this

Wanna see blood test results after using TUDCA at 500mg/day?
cycle:

http://www.mindandmuscle.net/forum/41414-ultradrol-wow

summary: (liver values)

results guide:
1) normal range
2) older results just before my UD cycle
3) current results (few days ago)

cholesterol:
1) <200
2) 116 (too low)
3) 148 (respectable :) )

triglycerides:
1) <150
2) 40
3) 33 (woot)

HDL
1) >55
2) 46
3) 62

LDL
1) <100
2) 62
3) 79

ALT/GPT
1) <30
2) 49
3) 31

AST/GOT
1) <30
2) 45
3) 25

billirubin total
1) < 1
2) 1.11
3) .68

c reactive protein
1) < 1
2) 1.4
3) 0.6

i did a full panel actually and everything was awesome, and some better than pre cycle. didnt do during because it IS expensive.

thing is, i did UD before very similar cycle to this and most of my enzymes were elevated 5 to 15% which is still ok actually

matter2003

matter2003

Awards
From my understanding TUDCA is one of the best liver protectors there is. Milk thistle has a very poor absorption rate orally, which hurts it although it is much cheaper... NP has the cheapest I have found at 34.95 for a 30 day supply at 250mg twice a day...way,way cheaper han anywhere else I have seen...