Douchebags at the gym...

MANdrew

MANdrew

Awards
  • Established
Should have left him a methane present during your last set. Something to remember the next time he wants to bother you. haha
I've used this method to clear out sections of the gym.

I ate lunch one day at some Mexican restaurant with a bunch of friends to celebrate a birthday, and a few hours later I went to the gym. I was starting to feel a little uneasy in my stomach and I had a lot of gas.... Well the gym was mega crowded that night and I couldn't even get near the dumbell rack because every douche McGee was standing a foot away curling and staring at themselves in the mirror. So I walked back and forth and released a long trail of a methane present, and well.... Needless to say, about half of them walked away from the dumbell rack in the next 30 seconds and that was just enough for me to grab what I needed and go. This method is highly effective.

JeremyNG25

JeremyNG25

Awards
  • Established
There was a couple who took up the power rack for over 2 hours!!! They used it before I got there and was still there after I left. If you're going to squat for 2 hours, it's whatever but move out of the way if you're just holding up the power rack by deadlifting or whatever.
I agree with you completely. People do the same thing at my gym. Unfortunately I've learned that in my gym you have to be a selfish prick to survive or you won't get to use any of the weights or do any of the exercises you intend on doing. So basically I've become a full blown douchebag..not by choice though..it's an evolutionary adaptation due to my environment lol

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sitting in effn class, listening to this douche tell my classmate some stupid sh*t!

95% of weight loss is your diet.

Girls are only suppose to eat 1800 cals a day and guys are only suppose to eat 1500 cals a day.

I can help you lose 30 lbs in 30 days.

Get your buck 50 a** out of my face.

I just kept my mouth shut....

BillyBatson

BillyBatson

Awards
I got kicked out of the power rack today, whilst squatting, because some guy HAD to shrug in there. Jesus ****ing christ
How did you get kicked off ... or, more to the point, let yourself get kicked off ??

BillyBatson

BillyBatson

Awards
His traps were subpar. My little brother has nicer traps than this goon I was on my 2nd to last set of squats and he kept ****ing asking me how many sets I had left , whilst hovering around the rack staring me down. I said f this, squatted, did a drop set and let him have the rack.
You should have said - "I don't know ... I'll be done when I'm done"

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
His traps were subpar. My little brother has nicer traps than this goon I was on my 2nd to last set of squats and he kept ****ing asking me how many sets I had left , whilst hovering around the rack staring me down. I said f this, squatted, did a drop set and let him have the rack.
Nice, so he bullied you. Don't ever let anyone do that.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
I had a similar situation. These little b*stards were talking **** (I had headphones in but I can still hear) talking about me hurrying up. Mind you these guys weigh about 160 apiece. I told them that "when you can back squat more than I can front squat, I'll hurry up." Needless to say, when I got done they worked up to their killer 155 pound sets. I snickered at them.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's crap of them to try to hurry you up but everyone had their 155lb sets at one point. At least they were going to use a rack to actually squat, who cares if it was low weight? If they weighed 260 and squatted more than you it would still be douchy for them to hurry you up, but I'm sure you wouldn't have said anything to them then, lol.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't know what is going on in the gyms you belong to, but that is unreal. I would love for something like that to happen to me.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
It's crap of them to try to hurry you up but everyone had their 155lb sets at one point. At least they were going to use a rack to actually squat, who cares if it was low weight? If they weighed 260 and squatted more than you it would still be douchy for them to hurry you up, but I'm sure you wouldn't have said anything to them then, lol.
My whole point was they were acting all bad-*ss and then proceeded to do that. They way they were carrying themselves and talking sh*t about me I thought they were going to at least work up to the weight I was front squatting. They were the d - bags everyone makes fun of that quit going after 2 weeks.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
I would have trolled them a different way. And you SHOULD be able to squat more than me if you weigh that much. haha

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
How much you squatting?
315 for 8 @ 6'2 190. Not anything fantastic. But I'm certainly not going to be standing behind someone saying, and I quote "this n*gga needs to hurry up so I can kill this." haha

Last edited:
nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol, should have included that gem of a line in your initial post. Wow

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Lol, should have included that gem of a line in your initial post. Wow
Sorry. Haha I guess I didn't specify their exact level of doughness. Today a woman wanted to squat when I was squatting and I told her she could work in and she didn't want to initially because of the different levels of strength. I told her I don't mind changing plates. Hell, I was impressed that she was 52 and using good form on her squats. haha

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
*douche-ness wtf autocorrect. Doughness? Haha

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't know what is going on in the gyms you belong to, but that is unreal. I would love for something like that to happen to me.
I'm usually aggressive when people try to pul crap on me, but I just didn't feel like starting anything the other night. Exam time always has me feeling disconnected.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think I am more surprised that this is actually happening to people than not reacting to it. I could never imagine someone coming up hovering and talking ****. Maybe more mugging and eat **** looks are needed while walking around.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
I think I am more surprised that this is actually happening to people than not reacting to it. I could never imagine someone coming up hovering and talking ****. Maybe more mugging and eat **** looks are needed while walking around.
I think it is just a certain level of incompetence among youth. Especially ones just starting out acting like that. They don't understand hard work is and THINK they are working hard. Most people I come across in the morning at my gym are cool. It's the kids at night that act like that. They all think they are bad*ss for some reason. I would have never sat and talked **** to someone who could potentially destroy me. Haha I'd either ask if I could work in if they are all by themselves or if there is a group I just do a different exercise.

MANdrew

MANdrew

Awards
  • Established
Someone please tell me what's going on...

So today I was deadlifting. Behind me, there was a group of 5 or so guys, all crowding around each other with a 95lb barbell, all trying to see who could cheat curl it the most. During my sets, I could feel them all staring at me and at one point I turned around to walk around and take a breather, and one of them looked at me and said "bro, what are you doing?" And I looked at him confused and said "....deadlifting?" And he said "you're just picking it up, what does that do?" And I just stared at him for a second because I thought he was joking, but I came to realize that these guys ACTUALLY DIDN'T KNOW WHAT A DEADLIFT WAS. So I explained it for a second and he and a couple other guys just seemed kind of confused, and their "alpha male" leader guy just kind of smirked and said he deadlifted 500 when he was in high school football, but stopped because he didn't want to hurt his knees anymore.

Wut.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established

So today I was deadlifting. Behind me, there was a group of 5 or so guys, all crowding around each other with a 95lb barbell, all trying to see who could cheat curl it the most. During my sets, I could feel them all staring at me and at one point I turned around to walk around and take a breather, and one of them looked at me and said "bro, what are you doing?" And I looked at him confused and said "....deadlifting?" And he said "you're just picking it up, what does that do?" And I just stared at him for a second because I thought he was joking, but I came to realize that these guys ACTUALLY DIDN'T KNOW WHAT A DEADLIFT WAS. So I explained it for a second and he and a couple other guys just seemed kind of confused, and their "alpha male" leader guy just kind of smirked and said he deadlifted 500 when he was in high school football, but stopped because he didn't want to hurt his knees anymore.

Wut.
I actually lol'd reading that. That is one of the funniest things I have ever heard. I'm glad I don't have to deal with that ****. haha

BillyBatson

BillyBatson

Awards
Okay, this may make me come off as a dick, but I am SO SICK OF THE FAT, WRINKLY, MICRO-DICK, AMAZON BUSH SENIOR CITIZENS who walk around the locker room NAKED as though it's their own private bathroom .... for MINUTES ON END .... not to mention the same kind of douche's who stand under the air drier after leaving the shower or sauna.

FOR CHRIST'S SAKE, LEARN TO USE A ****ING TOWEL YOU DILAPIDATED DOUCHEBAGS !!!!

[/end rant]

MANdrew

MANdrew

Awards
  • Established
Okay, this may make me come off as a dick, but I am SO SICK OF THE FAT, WRINKLY, MICRO-DICK, AMAZON BUSH SENIOR CITIZENS who walk around the locker room NAKED as though it's their own private bathroom .... for MINUTES ON END .... not to mention the same kind of douche's who stand under the air drier after leaving the shower or sauna. FOR CHRIST'S SAKE, LEARN TO USE A ****ING TOWEL YOU DILAPIDATED DOUCHEBAGS !!!! [/end rant]
I just read on your profile that you live in Aliso Viejo. Small world, I grew up in Mission Viejo. I'm gonna guess you go to an LA fitness or a 24 hour fitness right next to freakin Leisure World, the freakin massive retirement home out there? I bet there are endless amounts of pruny naked old men in your locker room. I'm sorry, man.

BillyBatson

BillyBatson

Awards
I just read on your profile that you live in Aliso Viejo. Small world, I grew up in Mission Viejo. I'm gonna guess you go to an LA fitness or a 24 hour fitness right next to freakin Leisure World, the freakin massive retirement home out there? I bet there are endless amounts of pruny naked old men in your locker room. I'm sorry, man.
Actually, I moved to Las Vegas in November (2014) ... guess I need to update a few things. :blink:

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established

Wut.
His name must have been "peaked in high school Rob Lowe."

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Meat head rob Lowe is the best rob lowe
Yea I bet that peaked in high school rob low kid who was saying he could dead lift 500lbs is also skinny arms Rob Lowe.
I fing love those commercials

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Yea I bet that peaked in high school rob low kid who was saying he could dead lift 500lbs is also skinny arms Rob Lowe.
I fing love those commercials
Those are some of the best commercials on t.v. Creepy Rob Lowe haha

muskelman

muskelman

Awards
There's a dude at my gym who likes to "reserve" a piece of equipment ahead of when he plans to be there - even though he still has 3-4 sets remaining across the gym. The height of arrogance.
I have seen that guy who parks his own old sweat towel at the smith machine does a set of bench. Relaxes, walks around the gym and even hangs around chatting with people, perhaps doings s few more sets between sets and blocking that smith machine for half an hour

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In my gym yesterday, two guys were using the Smith for at least 45 minutes. I wasn't complaining. Kept them from using any of the good equipment!!

BillyBatson

BillyBatson

Awards
In my gym yesterday, two guys were using the Smith for at least 45 minutes. I wasn't complaining. Kept them from using any of the good equipment!!
As if to say that the smith machine isn't "good equipment?" :think:

CincyKiller45

CincyKiller45

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pretty funny situation happened at the gym today. So there's this dude and his wife that always comes into the gym with a baby. The baby can't be older than 1 years old. Well, I have my earbuds out for a few minutes and I hear this dude talking, but there's no one around.

I look over and this dude is holding his baby staring at himself in the mirror saying: "You want to watch daddy lift? Huh, you want to watch daddy move some weight?"

I'm not going to say the dudes a douche, I don't know him, but I was cracking up.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Pretty funny situation happened at the gym today. So there's this dude and his wife that always comes into the gym with a baby. The baby can't be older than 1 years old. Well, I have my earbuds out for a few minutes and I hear this dude talking, but there's no one around.

I look over and this dude is holding his baby staring at himself in the mirror saying: "You want to watch daddy lift? Huh, you want to watch daddy move some weight?"

I'm not going to say the dudes a douche, I don't know him, but I was cracking up.
It's ok. You can call him a douche. haha

JeremyNG25

JeremyNG25

Awards
  • Established
I think anyone who lifted weights today with the intention of getting completely wasted tonight is a douche

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was the D-bag today.

I was super setting barbell hyper extensions and leg extensions with no breaks. my phone was at the hyperextension stand as well. When I got back over there some guy was using the stand. I've never had a problem with someone sharing equipment with me before, but I got irritated and I didn't have enough time to wait and do another set, so on his upward movement I stuck my foot down and push the barbell out from underneath the machine so I could take it back to the racks on the other side of the gym. It may not be that big of a deal, but it would've pizzed me off if I were him.

I wish I would've gotten a better look at him so I could apologize.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think anyone who lifted weights today with the intention of getting completely wasted tonight is a douche

I usually go out but never drink. All my friends say I'm exactly the same drunk as I am sober.... Not sure if compliment or...

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
I usually go out but never drink. All my friends say I'm exactly the same drunk as I am sober.... Not sure if compliment or...
The only difference I have noticed since stopping drinking a few years ago has been the complete lack of the old beer belly ;)

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As if to say that the smith machine isn't "good equipment?" :think:
I hate the Smith so ^^yes. I had to use one for a while because that's all the gym I was at had. Didn't have enough money for membership to where I am now at that time and it was super cheap. As soon as I was able to afford the new gym, the geriatrics gym was in my past!!

islandiron

islandiron

Awards
I was the D-bag today.

I was super setting barbell hyper extensions and leg extensions with no breaks. my phone was at the hyperextension stand as well. When I got back over there some guy was using the stand. I've never had a problem with someone sharing equipment with me before, but I got irritated and I didn't have enough time to wait and do another set, so on his upward movement I stuck my foot down and push the barbell out from underneath the machine so I could take it back to the racks on the other side of the gym. It may not be that big of a deal, but it would've pizzed me off if I were him.

I wish I would've gotten a better look at him so I could apologize.
hmmm not too douchey to me, I would have done same.Dude should have asked if you were done on the hyper stand.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This was me for years. Train hard, drink hard. I got pretty decent gains, But there would be the occasional day where I wasn't worth a damn. Now my training and life is more consistent. I wouldn't have thought myself a douche at the time. I can see it now, But I'm not sure if I agree with it.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Why do beer bellys form? From excessive beer drinking and ****ty food? Lol when I used to drink, I'd come home and eat my turkey and veggies aha

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
im drinking, heavily to and i plan on lifting tomorrow evening, am I a douche for quieting my demons with iron and alcohol.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Overheard two guy today.The one wants to do a Tren Ace ONLY cycle for a first and the other n Deca only...yeah..goodluck

islandiron

islandiron

Awards
Overheard two guy today.The one wants to do a Tren Ace ONLY cycle for a first and the other n Deca only...yeah..goodluck
Wow, no mention of Test at all huh? True douchers for sure lol.

MANdrew

MANdrew

Awards
  • Established
"Bro I don't want the test and the tren to compete so I'm just gonna do tren for the gainz"

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established