Douchebags at the gym...

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm ok with guys taking up a rack if they are working. It's when they stop to chat or text or try circuit training then I lose my sh*t. I'm not one to hesitate to tell guys when they need to move along either. You're either in the rack working or get out.
There was a couple who took up the power rack for over 2 hours!!! They used it before I got there and was still there after I left. If you're going to squat for 2 hours, it's whatever but move out of the way if you're just holding up the power rack by deadlifting or whatever.

Chrisehyoung

Chrisehyoung

Awards
There was a couple who took up the power rack for over 2 hours!!! They used it before I got there and was still there after I left. If you're going to squat for 2 hours, it's whatever but move out of the way if you're just holding up the power rack by deadlifting or whatever.
I'll deadlift in front of the rack in case someone wants to use it. All I need is some floor space to DL and maybe a little breathing room. There was a guy in the rack beside me last night who was dead set on lifting whatever I lifted. I was just going through my routine while he was going through his ego check. I hate guys like that. I'm competing against myself in the gym. No one else.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'll deadlift in front of the rack in case someone wants to use it. All I need is some floor space to DL and maybe a little breathing room. There was a guy in the rack beside me last night who was dead set on lifting whatever I lifted. I was just going through my routine while he was going through his ego check. I hate guys like that. I'm competing against myself in the gym. No one else.
I've had that done to me many times before and I think it's hilarious.

BillyBatson

BillyBatson

Awards
WTF is it with guys who can't seem to find the strength (or courage) to FLUSH THE DAMN URINAL after they use it ???

The soap and sinks aren't 3 feet away ... but these asshat douchebags seem to think that everyone else wants to walk up to a pool of their piss.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
WTF is it with guys who can't seem to find the strength (or courage) to FLUSH THE DAMN URINAL after they use it ???

The soap and sinks aren't 3 feet away ... but these asshat douchebags seem to think that everyone else wants to walk up to a pool of their piss.
Or little nappy hairs floating around.. im lucky if my gym even fills the soap dispenser

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Or little nappy hairs floating around.. im lucky if my gym even fills the soap dispenser
Gross! That's a reason why I switched gyms. I pay a lot more but I also get a lot more!

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
My gym says LOCKER ROOM on the door but it is just a sink and toilet. haha if you didn't know any better you would think you were in a dirty little convenience store bathroom.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This kid last night was unracking his plates on the squat rack so I asked him if he was done. He said yes and before I could say anything else, he jetted away leaving hella plates on the bar. You could tell he was a newbie because he used all little plates and unracked one side at a time. What if that sh*t flipped and hurt someone?!?

Also, I saw a guy front squatting with the Nike Romaleos on so I asked him how he liked them. His gf was not too fond of me bothering her bf so she kept interrupting our convo. Sheeeeese, I just wanted to know if he liked them! Go back to squatting the bar, please!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This kid last night was unracking his plates on the squat rack so I asked him if he was done. He said yes and before I could say anything else, he jetted away leaving hella plates on the bar. You could tell he was a newbie because he used all little plates and unracked one side at a time. What if that sh*t flipped and hurt someone?!?

Also, I saw a guy front squatting with the Nike Romaleos on so I asked him how he liked them. His gf was not too fond of me bothering her bf so she kept interrupting our convo. Sheeeeese, I just wanted to know if he liked them! Go back to squatting the bar, please!
When I know someone wants to use a rack after me or a plat loaded machine, I never leave the weight on for them. I will always ask, do you want any of the plates left on, if not, I will unrack the weight and not expect the other person to help. If they do, great. Sometimes I will even help the other person put on plates if I know they want to add to what I have on there. Depends if I have time to spare.

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
When I know someone wants to use a rack after me or a plat loaded machine, I never leave the weight on for them. I will always ask, do you want any of the plates left on, if not, I will unrack the weight and not expect the other person to help. If they do, great. Sometimes I will even help the other person put on plates if I know they want to add to what I have on there. Depends if I have time to spare.
Same here!

Chrisehyoung

Chrisehyoung

Awards
I find a lot of guys will tell me to leave the plates on just because I had the courtesy to ask if they want them left on or off. Most guys will help re-rack the weights to expedite the process. Makes the gym more efficient for everyone.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yup, same here!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So, I came up with a solution to people trying to snag my station from me when I go to refill my water. I got some bar clamps and replaced the wing style bolts with an Allen head set screw. Now use a big Allen wrench to lock them on. When I go to get water, the wrench is going with me. Have fun trying to take my plates off suckas!!

BillyBatson

BillyBatson

Awards
So, I came up with a solution to people trying to snag my station from me when I go to refill my water. I got some bar clamps and replaced the wing style bolts with an Allen head set screw. Now use a big Allen wrench to lock them on. When I go to get water, the wrench is going with me. Have fun trying to take my plates off suckas!!
I usually just leave my towel over the bar ... most seem to understand that someone is still working at that station.

Anyone who comes along and TRIES to weasel their way in ... believe me, they're gonna KNOW what they did wrong. :rant2:

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
I usually just leave my towel over the bar ... most seem to understand that someone is still working at that station. Anyone who comes along and TRIES to weasel their way in ... believe me, they're gonna KNOW what they did wrong. :rant2:
I usually bring a spray bottle with a water/urine mixture and just lightly spray the rack with it to mark my work area. Works just as well as a towel.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm such a douche. Some guy told me that my legs looked strong and I wanted to ask him if he needed some tips on how to grow his. :/ I'm such an a**hole sometimes. I just smiled and said thank you! :)

rambo679

rambo679

Awards
  • Established
My friend and I were deadlifting today, and behind us was some paunchy old dude doing a billion bad calf raises.

At one point he interrupted the conversation we were having about deadlifting to ask us, "did you guys start shooting juice?"

Not only irritating but oddly stated.

Runner up, overheard some teenagers having a round table on supplements, with one describing how a supplement had him gain 5 lbs in one day, then mentioning he also drank a gallon of water the same day.

BillyBatson

BillyBatson

Awards
My friend and I were deadlifting today, and behind us was some paunchy old dude doing a billion bad calf raises.

At one point he interrupted the conversation we were having about deadlifting to ask us, "did you guys start shooting juice?"

Not only irritating but oddly stated.

Runner up, overheard some teenagers having a round table on supplements, with one describing how a supplement had him gain 5 lbs in one day, then mentioning he also drank a gallon of water the same day.

Bet'cha NEITHER of those mental midgets do any ACTUAL research and/or educate themselves prior to opening their ignorant mouths.

MANdrew

MANdrew

Awards
  • Established
Bet'cha NEITHER of those mental midgets do any ACTUAL research and/or educate themselves prior to opening their ignorant mouths.
One time I watched a chubby little kid who couldn't have been more than 12 years old walk his dad and friends through the gym, giving them awesome advice. "You always want to do 3 sets of 8 on everything" "squats are bad for your knees unless you use the smith machine" "for really big arms you want to do this exercise" *overhead tricep extension* "remember, always do 3 sets of 8"

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Over heard a similar convo in my locker room Friday. One guy telling his buddy of this new sup he's been taking for a week and he's seen such amazing gains on it. Said supplement was none other than creatine

BillyBatson

BillyBatson

Awards
How about the clowns who dress for the gym based on what they saw a BIG guy (whose been training for YEARS) wearing .... and it can be different each day depending on who they saw that impressed them on a given day ... and the clowns are the among smallest dudes in the gym - LOL

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I love overhearing conversations. Makes for some good laughs at times.And other times, provides a head shaking moment.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love overhearing conversations. Makes for some good laughs at times.And other times, provides a head shaking moment.
That's why I make sure to say the bro-est things when I know people are listening in. Some dude kept staring at me and my buddy lifting, he was 3 feet away from us, so I just sparked up a convo after my set dick around and said "ya man this ****ing cell tech put 35 lbs on me in 4 weeks!"

Chrisehyoung

Chrisehyoung

Awards
I went to the only squat rack in the gym yesterday to find two kids doing an I go you go round of bicep curls. I asked them nicely to move so that I could squat and they told me I could squat anywhere in the gym but they needed the rack. I wasn't so nice after that. I asked them a second time to move and they gave me the stink eye so I grabbed a bar and started squatting creepily close behind the one dude. He wasn't amused so I kept creeping closer until they climbed over the rack to leave. I would have waited for them had they not spent an hour in the squat rack together a few nights before that as well when the gym was hella busy. I needed to make a point and get it across.

keithgeiling

keithgeiling

Awards
  • Established
One time I watched a chubby little kid who couldn't have been more than 12 years old walk his dad and friends through the gym, giving them awesome advice. "You always want to do 3 sets of 8 on everything" "squats are bad for your knees unless you use the smith machine" "for really big arms you want to do this exercise" *overhead tricep extension* "remember, always do 3 sets of 8"
image-4008543861.jpg

BillyBatson

BillyBatson

Awards
If you're going to take ten minutes monopolizing the smith machine to to ONE set of "squats" ... DON'T BOTHER !!!

Chrisehyoung

Chrisehyoung

Awards
Sometimes the only way to get rid of the douches is to out-douche them.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As irritated as I get, I always wait til they're done.

1.) I hate confrontation.
2.) I hate interrupting.
3.) We're all trying our best.

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
As irritated as I get, I always wait til they're done. 1.) I hate confrontation. 2.) I hate interrupting. 3.) We're all trying our best.
1) you're a sneaky lil ninja, no "confrontation" needed 2)you're a woman, I don't believe you. 3)not everyone at a gym is trying
Just my 2 cents ;)

BillyBatson

BillyBatson

Awards
There's this older dude at my gym who always wears spandex and does these "aerobicize" moves in front of the mirrors all throughout the gym.
I would swear he's practicing his dance moves for "Dancing With The Freaks"

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
1) you're a sneaky lil ninja, no "confrontation" needed 2)you're a woman, I don't believe you. 3)not everyone at a gym is trying Just my 2 cents ;)
Oh, Wade! Will you be at the beer fest?!? :D

Chrisehyoung

Chrisehyoung

Awards
As irritated as I get, I always wait til they're done.

1.) I hate confrontation.
2.) I hate interrupting.
3.) We're all trying our best.
It's repeat offenders that need a reminder from time to time. I'm generally pretty patient but people also have to respect others' time too. We're all there to workout but when there's only one squat rack and the gym is busy.

The guys that were hogging the squat rack the other day left the bar loaded with weights so I went over to them after to let them know that since their arms must have been too tired to re-rack, my girlfriend did it for them.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's repeat offenders that need a reminder from time to time. I'm generally pretty patient but people also have to respect others' time too. We're all there to workout but when there's only one squat rack and the gym is busy. The guys that were hogging the squat rack the other day left the bar loaded with weights so I went over to them after to let them know that since their arms must have been too tired to re-rack, my girlfriend did it for them.
Haha, too funny! A guy was using the hack squat and left his weights on after he was done. I gave him a wtf look while he watched me unrack the leg press machine.

keithgeiling

keithgeiling

Awards
  • Established
Haha, too funny! A guy was using the hack squat and left his weights on after he was done. I gave him a wtf look while he watched me unrack the leg press machine.
Anyone who leaves plates on any machine is just plain lazy or they think they are privileged and think "it's the staffs job" to take care of them. I told our gym staff that I'm making a neon sign and going to hang it. Not that it will do any good, but my note on dry erase board in the locker room didn't work, so phases 2 is coming!!!

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Anyone who leaves plates on any machine is just plain lazy or they think they are privileged and think "it's the staffs job" to take care of them. I told our gym staff that I'm making a neon sign and going to hang it. Not that it will do any good, but my note on dry erase board in the locker room didn't work, so phases 2 is coming!!!
My gym is about half and half. I know at night time the owners son yells at everyone to rack weights, but a lot of the people laugh it off because he is 6'2 and about 135-145. It is a bunch of dumb kids at night, that is why I go in the morning now.

Bigcountry08

Bigcountry08

Awards
  • Established
My gym is about half and half. I know at night time the owners son yells at everyone to rack weights, but a lot of the people laugh it off because he is 6'2 and about 135-145. It is a bunch of dumb kids at night, that is why I go in the morning now.
25 cent reracking fee for ever weight left on a bar. Would be a great clause to put in contract. pay a high schooler minimum wage to watch cameras 2-3 hours a day you could make a a little extra cash in some of the gyms I've been to.

BillyBatson

BillyBatson

Awards
There's a dude at my gym who likes to "reserve" a piece of equipment ahead of when he plans to be there - even though he still has 3-4 sets remaining across the gym. The height of arrogance.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
There's a dude at my gym who likes to "reserve" a piece of equipment ahead of when he plans to be there - even though he still has 3-4 sets remaining across the gym. The height of arrogance.
How the f*ck do you do that?

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
He lays a towel and/or puts his bag or drink container at the equipment he wants to use in the near future
- so as to indicate "someone's using this."
You should move them one day to f*ck with him. Or use the equipment and wipe off with his towel when he comes back over and say you thought the gym was handing out towels now. haha

Tigers333

Awards
Eye contact is the most dangerous thing I've ever done in a gym.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This guy is trying to teach a girl how to squat, but it looks like a half a** good morning! o_O

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
This guy is trying to teach a girl how to squat, but it looks like a half a** good morning! o_O
You should post videos of these people you find. haha

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I got kicked out of the power rack today, whilst squatting, because some guy HAD to shrug in there. Jesus ****ing christ

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I got kicked out of the power rack today, whilst squatting, because some guy HAD to shrug in there. Jesus ****ing christ
His big traps scare you away?

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
His big traps scare you away?
His traps were subpar. My little brother has nicer traps than this goon I was on my 2nd to last set of squats and he kept ****ing asking me how many sets I had left , whilst hovering around the rack staring me down. I said f this, squatted, did a drop set and let him have the rack.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
His traps were subpar. My little brother has nicer traps than this goon I was on my 2nd to last set of squats and he kept ****ing asking me how many sets I had left , whilst hovering around the rack staring me down. I said f this, squatted, did a drop set and let him have the rack.
Should have left him a methane present during your last set. Something to remember the next time he wants to bother you. haha