Double Deuce

In case anyone's curious who's subscribed

• Total voters
nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
no wonder all you short people always giving good numbers pisses mee off soo jealous haha

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Shoulders

Snatches: 150*5
DB Military Press: 85*8 (last rep was assisted)
Cable Side Laterals: 50*12
DB Rear Delt Raise: 25*14
Leg Press Calf Raise: 700*13
Wrist Curls (palms down): bar*15
Decline Russian Twist: 25*30 (started to developing size to my obliques, so I dropped the weight)

Also, I've started using this "Stretch Trainer" we have at my gym. It never seemed to get any love, but it definitely provides for some AWESOME stretches. If your gym has one, I highly recommend checking it out. Link to a picture of it:
http://www.precor.com/cons/en/stt/240i/

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Back & Biceps

Deadlifts: 385*6
Weighted Pullups: 90*3 1/2
Standing DB Rows: 100*8
Preacher Curls: 120*4 1/2
Seated Calf Raise: 225*12
Wrist Curls (palm facing up): bar*15
Decline Crunches: 35*13

* 1/2 reps refer to me getting caught at a sticking point, as not to complete the next full rep.

I slept in on Halloween (hence no post yesterday). Needed a day off to get some extra rest. It was so totally worth it :rasp:.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Chest & Triceps

Weighted Dips: 175*5+1
Incline Bench (Barbell): 265*10
Cybex Flyes: 140*8
Reverse Grip Close Grip Bench: 185*10
Leg Press Calf Raise: 745*11
Wrist Curls (palms facing down): bar*15
Decline Russian Twist: 25*30

I got sick of having someone stack smaller dumbbells perpendicularly atop 100's, and the 15's from last week barely stayed on. I'm probably going to just do barbell bench presses from here on out.

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
Chest & Triceps
Weighted Dips: 175*5+1
Incline Bench (Barbell): 265*10
Cybex Flyes: 140*8
Reverse Grip Close Grip Bench: 185*10
Leg Press Calf Raise: 745*11
Decline Russian Twist: 25*30
just curious

1. how fast or slow are your dips, do you pause at all anywhere
2. forgot what 2 was. but ill just say /HI

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
just curious

1. how fast or slow are your dips, do you pause at all anywhere
2. forgot what 2 was. but ill just say /HI
Dips are a pretty smooth motion. Not really done at any particular tempo.

I was doing them as negatives (with a 3-5 count eccentric phase) a few weeks back, when my dip weight dropped from 170ish to 145ish.

I try to switch up the tempo every few weeks.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
you could get yourself a set of those olympic dumbbell handles that use barbell plates...

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well ladies, gentlemen, and Mumm-RA

Today begins the long and winding road of PCT.

I think owe you guys some measurements:

Arm: 16 1/4"
Forearm: 12 1/2"
Calf: 15 3/4"
Mid Thigh: 23"
Stomach: 32"
Chest & Back: 45 1/2"
Shoulders: 51" (give or take a lot, this is damn near impossible to self-measure)
Neck: 17"

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What does your PCT look like? Nolvadex stacked with gakic? :lol:

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
Well ladies, gentlemen, and Mumm-RA

Today begins the long and winding road of post cycle therapy.

I think owe you guys some measurements:

Arm: 16 1/4"
Forearm: 12 1/2"
Calf: 15 3/4"
Mid Thigh: 23"
Stomach: 32"
Chest & Back: 45 1/2"
Shoulders: 51" (give or take a lot, this is damn near impossible to self-measure)
Neck: 17"
cool it usually helps when you post original measurements too :), also can you give a small summary or big one of your cycle run. what you would make diff or change if anything next time around?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What does your post cycle therapy look like? Nolvadex stacked with gakic? :lol:
I think you mean Novedex XT and Aplodan :toofunny:

Right now it's just PCS, tamox, and Restore (by ALRI). I'm slowly going to phase into the AX stack, and (hopefully) get my paws on some other goodies ;)

cool it usually helps when you post original measurements too , also can you give a small summary or big one of your cycle run. what you would make diff or change if anything next time around?
Original measurements were the same as in the last log I did.

If I had to do it again, I would've gotten more M-TRN. I ran out of M-TRN and Methyldrol XT (superdrol wannabe) in week 5, and finished my cycle with 40mg ED of pherabol (pheraplex wannabe).

I didn't really keep track of my dosing by week. I started at 300mg 1t, and 6mg mtrn. By week 5, I was at 600mg 1t, 12mg mtrn.

The main focus of this log is the training. To share how I work out, and listen to any comments/critiques to my training style.

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
so all in all on cycle you gained about 12lbs, nice
6 weeks right

and now pct

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Would the 300-400 of 1-t thp ether (not ethergels) and 4-6/day of mtrn be too much for a first cycle you think?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gross weight is somewhere within the realms of 9 to 11lbs

Body composition is about the same (didn't really change)

All in all, I'd venture to say I gained about 5 to 7lbs of muscle from this cycle.

People always think they gain a lot more muscle on these kinda cycles than they actually do because they don't account for the fact that they're adding a significant amount of bodyfat to their frame, even though it may not appear they're gaining fat (or in some cases it looks like their losing fat).

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Would the 300-400 of 1-t thp ether (not ethergels) and 4-6/day of mtrn be too much for a first cycle you think?
I would recommend only using one compound for a first cycle.

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
that new creatine from AX should fit nicely into your PCT! :lol:

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That it will ;)

I can't wait for that stuff to come out. That and the new Rampage. (and about a million other things we're working on :p)

But enough AX plugs (for this hour).

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm a bit surprised AX is coming out with a creatine. Just expected more innovation I guess. How much can you really improve creatine???

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm a bit surprised AX is coming out with a creatine. Just expected more innovation I guess. How much can you really improve creatine???
from what i have heard, it is a pretty sick formula with a never before seen creatine........

But, not trying to take away from sinners log, so i'll keep quiet! :rant:

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Legs

Squat: 340*8
Split Squat: 185*8
Front Squat: 260*8
DB Lunges: 80*9
Seated Calf Raise: 230*10
Wrist Curls (palms facing up): bar*15
Decline Crunches: 35*14

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
Legs

Squat: 340*8
Split Squat: 185*8
Front Squat: 260*8
Seated Calf Raise: 230*10
Wrist Curls (palms facing up): bar*15
wtb ur strength !

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Shoulders

Snatches: 150*4
DB Military Press: 85*9
DB Side Laterals: 30*13
DB Rear Delt Raise: 30*12
Leg Press Calf Raise: 735*15
Decline Russian Twist: 25*32

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Unstable weather patterns have a tendency to cause an unstable immune system for me. I decided to sleep in and take the day off in attempt to get well quicker

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Back and Biceps

Barbell Row: 295*5+1
Standing DB Row: 100*6
Cable Cross Pulldowns: 180*8
Incline DB Curls: 65*5
Seated Calf Raise: 235*11
Hyperextensions: 100*12

Still a little sick today, but I try not to let a lil' cold get in the way between me and a good workout.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Chest & Triceps

Weighted Dips: 180*4 (almost 5) I had a goal today: 180lbs or DIE!
Incline BB Bench: 275*7 (last rep assisted)
Pullovers: 100*12
E-Z Bar French Press: 90*10 100*7
Leg Press Calf Raise: 745*12
Wrist Curls (palms facing down): bar*19
Dragon Flags (in honor of PumpingIron): ~30 reps

Decided to switch it up today with my triceps and abs work in honor of PumpingIron and BlackJack. I prefer the EZ bar over a DB for french press because dumbbells constrict the ROM, especially when you get into the larger weights. Half the fun of the french press is the fact that (unlike with skullcrushers) you get a complete stretch of the tricep muscle.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
solid as hell son...those Inclines are a PR, are they not?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
solid as hell son...those Inclines are a PR, are they not?
I haven't done inclines with a barbell since like April. Technically, anything is a PR compared to what I've done in the past 6 months :D I don't feel like backtracking all the way to my Havoc log to figure out what I was doing back them, but it's close to what I was doing, perhaps a few more reps than back then.

I strive to go up in weight EVERY workout....almost regardless of anything. I just slap on a lil' extra weight (or tell myself to shoot for a higher rep total), convince myself I can do it, and if I can't, I'll do a rest pause or two until I get it. In any event, I am not leaving from that spot until I get Y reps with X pounds.

That's the mentality I walk into the gym with, and I think it helps. Remember, if you don't get it up, Mike Mentzer's ghost is going to haunt your family.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was wondering what you've been talking about, damn dragon flags look hard as crap :)

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I did mine on a decline, which (after thinking about it for a while) would make it a **** ton easier, actually. Max torque would be when your legs are parallel with the ground; therefore, by doing on a decline, you would be shifting the "sweet spot" (point where torque is at a maximum) to a higher point in the motion. This makes it easier to get started, and generates momentum.

I probably couldn't do as many if I did them flat.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
I haven't done inclines with a barbell since like April. Technically, anything is a PR compared to what I've done in the past 6 months :D I don't feel like backtracking all the way to my Havoc log to figure out what I was doing back them, but it's close to what I was doing, perhaps a few more reps than back then.

I strive to go up in weight EVERY workout....almost regardless of anything. I just slap on a lil' extra weight (or tell myself to shoot for a higher rep total), convince myself I can do it, and if I can't, I'll do a rest pause or two until I get it. In any event, I am not leaving from that spot until I get Y reps with X pounds.

That's the mentality I walk into the gym with, and I think it helps. Remember, if you don't get it up, Mike Mentzer's ghost is going to haunt your family.
or X reps with Y pounds?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
or X reps with Y pounds?
no no no no no. Gotta be Y reps with X pounds. X is a really big number, and Y is a really small number. You switch it around, and you're doing 350 reps with 5 pounds. That's no good. You're not gonna build any muscle that way, gotta be the other way around.

Gotta tax your muscles FAST; otherwise, you start oxidizing energy. You don't want that. If you start breathing heavy during a set, you're not going heavy enough.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like my sets best when not only is last rep failure, but when I stand up afterwards i'm ready to pass out and fall over :) that tells me the failure was a real failure and I gave it all I had

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like my sets best when not only is last rep failure, but when I stand up afterwards i'm ready to pass out and fall over :) that tells me the failure was a real failure and I gave it all I had
But actually you didn't give it "all" you had. ;) You're standing up, aren't you?

There's always a lil bit of fuel left in the tank, but once you've reached positive failure, that's all your body needs to hear. Blah, we'll delve into my training theories another place at another time.

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
I did mine on a decline, which (after thinking about it for a while) would make it a **** ton easier, actually. Max torque would be when your legs are parallel with the ground; therefore, by doing on a decline, you would be shifting the "sweet spot" (point where torque is at a maximum) to a higher point in the motion. This makes it easier to get started, and generates momentum.

I probably couldn't do as many if I did them flat.
ahhh ok

your still a beast anyway and make me proud

i did 5 negatives today on flat bench

and a ton of ab rollers freaking im ripping those things apart and getting some massive tri and lat stretches doing em im bound to start the standing up ones soon

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
happy veterans day!

Leg Day

Split Squat: 195*7
Front squat: 265*8
Stiff-Legged Deadlift: 295*8
Seated Calf Raise: 235*13
Wrist Curls (palms facing up): bar*23
Deline Crunches: 35*16

Bodyweight Today: 188.5lbs not sure what that's all about, but have a feeling it will bounce back later on.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Where are your progress pics. Are you seeing good body changes?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Where are your progress pics. Are you seeing good body changes?
No pics. Don't have a camera. Pics are a rare treat in sinner logs.

Body composition has been changing for sure. The nolvadex seems to be making my face seem chubbier, but the rest of me is leaning out.

I started taking Retain and hyperdrol over the weekend, and I've been taking primatene as needed for a few days now to help with this cold (best decongestiant EVER). I'm sure those have attributed to the drop in weight.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
your front squats are dirrrrty son....

I need pics...