dosing for plcar, alcar and lclt

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
whats the best way to dose these plcar, alcar, lclt. can they be stacked?

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Yes they can , I highly recommend it actually. 1g of each first thing in the morning and .5g of each post workout if you train in the morning. If not , I have seen people dose .5grams in the AM upon rising , .5g pre and .5g post workout. Both set ups are fine IMO. I preffer the 1g approach since they are part of my P.W.O. c0cktail and I like the focus they give me and all the added benefits they present.

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
Yes they can , I highly recommend it actually. 1g of each first thing in the morning and .5g of each post workout if you train in the morning. If not , I have seen people dose .5grams in the AM upon rising , .5g pre and .5g post workout. Both set ups are fine IMO. I preffer the 1g approach since they are part of my P.W.O. c0cktail and I like the focus they give me and all the added benefits they present.
i think ill probably go with the 1gr pre .5 post i workout in the morning right before work (i work at a gym) and am looking to put something together for my pre workout that will help throughout the day as well

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Good P.w.o. formula IMO:

-1g ALCAR
-1g PLCAR
-1g LCLT
-1g Agmatine
-3.2g Beta-Alanine
-10g BCAA
-around 5-10g Citruilline Mallate
-5g Creatine Mono
Make that c0cktail for pre and for post:
-.5g ALCAR
-.5g PLCAR
-.5g LCLT
-3.2g Beta-Alanine
-10g BCAA
-5g Creatine Mono

It works wonders for me , specially when on a stim break! All bought in bulk and it lasts A LONG TIME. Sick pumps , sweet focus , and it gets better if you train fasted like I do.

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
ya i need a break from stims big time although i just stocked up on them with the np 1,3 sale. still have nt tried agmatine but looking to get some soon. my pre is similar creapure, beta alanine, bcaas. for post im doing loke 50 grms protein, 25 dextrose, 10 bcaas, 5 creapure, 3.2 beta alanine.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Pretty similar , adding the carnitines will help a lot trust me. As for the post workout shake and sugars...I like Lean Gains (Intermittent Fasting) better , bought into the science of p.w.o. shakes and sugar for a long time but I guess my body responds so much better to Lean Gains now :)

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
Pretty similar , adding the carnitines will help a lot trust me. As for the post workout shake and sugars...I like Lean Gains (Intermittent Fasting) better , bought into the science of p.w.o. shakes and sugar for a long time but I guess my body responds so much better to Lean Gains now :)
ive been looking into the IF protocol alot. im a huge baby when it comes food i need to eat constantly or i get pretty grumpy irritable. My body handles carbs/sugars pretty well tho

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
ive been looking into the IF protocol alot. im a huge baby when it comes food i need to eat constantly or i get pretty grumpy irritable. My body handles carbs/sugars pretty well tho
Yeah apparently mine does too , but meh , I dont mind the fast at all , and eating every 2.5 hours its kinda annoying haha

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
Yeah apparently mine does too , but meh , I dont mind the fast at all , and eating every 2.5 hours its kinda annoying haha
haha your right i guess it is i bring 4 tupperwares of food to work with me. i spend most of my day eating food prepping food or doin dishes

csa2179

csa2179

Awards
Good P.w.o. formula IMO:

-1g ALCAR
-1g PLCAR
-1g LCLT
-1g Agmatine
-3.2g Beta-Alanine
-10g BCAA
-around 5-10g Citruilline Mallate
-5g Creatine Mono
Make that c0cktail for pre and for post:
-.5g ALCAR
-.5g PLCAR
-.5g LCLT
-3.2g Beta-Alanine
-10g BCAA
-5g Creatine Mono

It works wonders for me , specially when on a stim break! All bought in bulk and it lasts A LONG TIME. Sick pumps , sweet focus , and it gets better if you train fasted like I do.
So is this really noticeable, I never get anything out of prework outs. Except Redline, and that's just because of all the caffeine. If this is really worth it I'll buy but I don't want to waste money just chasing nothing. Water with protein/carbs, is the only thing I use now cuz I'm tired of nothing working.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
haha your right i guess it is i bring 4 tupperwares of food to work with me. i spend most of my day eating food prepping food or doin dishes
That used to be me haha , 2 shaker bottles with my stuff inside , and 4 full tupperwares xD

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
So is this really noticeable, I never get anything out of prework outs. Except Redline, and that's just because of all the caffeine. If this is really worth it I'll buy but I don't want to waste money just chasing nothing. Water with protein/carbs, is the only thing I use now cuz I'm tired of nothing working.
Most of the people I know (That actually know what they are doing) have told me this is an awesome stack , and effects get better with prolonged time of usage. If you check the formula for the best preworkouts (not the pure caffeine or just stims) , they all have almost all of this ingredients , they are key to a good performance and enhaced recovery , at least for me they are. I do feel them and like them a lot.

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
That used to be me haha , 2 shaker bottles with my stuff inside , and 4 full tupperwares xD
haha 4 tupperwares full of the same 4 things or very similar everyday. i barely even look at food as food i see it as fuel/macros

UncleWade

UncleWade

Awards
  • Established
I personally have used a gram of each preworkout and found myself enjoying my workouts immensely.

SNS ALCAR and PLCAR are high quality options that are available at unbeatable prices, and are capped for convenience.

ALCAR at two, 1g doses per day is fantastic for cognitive benefits (improved memory formation and retention, enhanced mental acuity - with both short- and long-term effects being noticeable).

PLCAR, in addition to its purported ergogenic and fat-loss benefits, also has general health benefits including improved cardiac function. I use 1-1.5g per day when I have it on hand, and usually run it consistently alongside SNS TTA-500 for awesome non-stimulant fat loss.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
haha 4 tupperwares full of the same 4 things or very similar everyday. i barely even look at food as food i see it as fuel/macros
Same here , when I;m cutting strictly I look at it like that , cardio twice a day , and my my split becomes a 5 day split hahaha and every day cardio. Food becomes my best frienemy , its just fuel , but I see no pleasure in meeting with it every 2.5 hours xD

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I personally have used a gram of each preworkout and found myself enjoying my workouts immensely.

SNS ALCAR and PLCAR are high quality options that are available at unbeatable prices, and are capped for convenience.

ALCAR at two, 1g doses per day is fantastic for cognitive benefits (improved memory formation and retention, enhanced mental acuity - with both short- and long-term effects being noticeable).

PLCAR, in addition to its purported ergogenic and fat-loss benefits, also has general health benefits including improved cardiac function. I use 1-1.5g per day when I have it on hand, and usually run it consistently alongside SNS TTA-500 for awesome non-stimulant fat loss.
Also...What he said!! This is good advice :) and I do know its true for I have felt it myself!

mattys4

mattys4

Awards

I went with the sns plcar and alcar but bought bulk lclt. I wanted to give this a try while taking a break from stims.

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
Same here , when I;m cutting strictly I look at it like that , cardio twice a day , and my my split becomes a 5 day split hahaha and every day cardio. Food becomes my best frienemy , its just fuel , but I see no pleasure in meeting with it every 2.5 hours xD
i may give the IF thing a try later on and after i learn some more about it. Right now im pretty comfortable with my diet and making good gains so im not gonna change it until I stop improving.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Where does GlycoCarn fit in here

Ive been on ALCAR for years but ready to try PLCAR (unless Im supposed to b trying GlycoCarn?) LOL

Which one heklps woith receptors? No clue why but Im interchanging these for some reason. Brain fart.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Where does GlycoCarn fit in here

Ive been on ALCAR for years but ready to try PLCAR (unless Im supposed to b trying GlycoCarn?) LOL

Which one heklps woith receptors? No clue why but Im interchanging these for some reason. Brain fart.
GPLC is overpriced and the studies are sponsored by Sigma Tau. It's probably solid but definitely not worth the pricetag.

None of them help with receptors that I'm aware of.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looking lean and mean Coop!

Thx for the info

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ive been on ALCAR for many years. Was curious about other forms of carnitine :)

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Post training? Not by my recommendation. I use post meal. As leptin is at its peak. But I recommend a pre workout dose

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I thought ALCAR and PLCAR were best taken on empty stomach first thing in the morning? or that is the impression I was under.....
It really depends what you're after. In the end, it's pretty moot. Empty stomach for ALCAR promotes AMPK stimulation and a stronger nootropic effect; with food promotes storage as muscle carnitine. PLCAR is probably best taken on an empty stomach, always.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
It really depends what you're after. In the end, it's pretty moot. Empty stomach for ALCAR promotes AMPK stimulation and a stronger nootropic effect; with food promotes storage as muscle carnitine. PLCAR is probably best taken on an empty stomach, always.
It seems that anything amino-related I tend take on an empty stomach....mixing them with protein, especially whey, just seemed like a bad idea. Since you want them to exert their effect independent of any other proteins/aminos.....I just take the 'CARS with NAC, Taurine and whatever separate aminos I take...I guess they can be effective with food as well though judging by your post....

uvawahoowa

Awards
What does AMPK stimulation do?

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Generally speaking, it aids with fat loss.
Do you feel AMPK activation via supplementation should be avoided at times(bulking) due to the possible catabolic environment?

I have so much trouble with understanding AMPK bc it is activated from many things, it has many positives(oxidation of fats, functions in glucose uptake) and bad things(inhibition of anabolic pathways ie protein synthesis).

Obviously exercise is a great activator of AMPK, but I just wonder if there is literature on too much AMPK. May sound dumb, but I hope that all makes sense.

Also, Ursolic acid:
Found that interesting as well in a prior AMPK discussion. Thanks to Neuron for posting that previously.

Edit: makes the Fat Free formula interesting...

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Do you feel AMPK activation via supplementation should be avoided at times(bulking) due to the possible catabolic environment?

I have so much trouble with understanding AMPK bc it is activated from many things, it has many positives(oxidation of fats, functions in glucose uptake) and bad things(inhibition of anabolic pathways ie protein synthesis).

Obviously exercise is a great activator of AMPK, but I just wonder if there is literature on too much AMPK. May sound dumb, but I hope that all makes sense.

Also, Ursolic acid:

Found that interesting as well in a prior AMPK discussion. Thanks to Neuron for posting that previously.

Edit: makes the Fat Free formula interesting...
That question cannot be addressed so simply. It is all a function of what other processes are taking place throughout your body, aka context. If you're asking if ALCAR would be detrimental to a bulk, the answer is no.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That question cannot be addressed so simply. It is all a function of what other processes are taking place throughout your body, aka context. If you're asking if ALCAR would be detrimental to a bulk, the answer is no.
Yeah, I guess I just keep reading about these processes in the body and want to understand them best possible; this leads to me looking for simple answers that aren't there.

Thank you sir.

Edit: I guess I was wondering how much AMPK activation was "too much." Again, I don't think there is an answer to this at the time. Just convo :D

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interesting question tho buddy ;)