Dosing for a Carnitine ****tail

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys/gals. If you had ALCAR, LCLT, and PLCAR sitting in your cabinet right now, how would you dose each and when? Take them all at once, like 1g of each? Or take some more of one (possibly ALCAR) earlier in the day so you don't stay awake at night? Just looking for some suggestions here.

Also, I've read that 3g/day of both ALCAR and LCLT should be a "sweet spot" for both. Is that correct? Is less needed? How about PLCAR?

Thanks!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i have my ideas about dosing them, but i would really like to see dsade chime in and give his opinion.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
i have my ideas about dosing them, but i would really like to see dsade chime in and give his opinion.
LOL I was hoping for the same exact thing!! Let's hope he see's this and can give us his opinion.

:friday:

Bump for dsade!

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I use Anavite which has 2 grams of L-Carnitine L-Tartrate. Thinking of adding in some bulk Alcar from PrimaForce (500 mg per scoop) - 500 servings according to label.

Is 2 grams of LCLT enough?

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
I use Anavite which has 2 grams of L-Carnitine L-Tartrate. Thinking of adding in some bulk Alcar from PrimaForce (500 mg per scoop) - 500 servings according to label.

I prefer 3g a day. That was the recommended dose on the LCLT tubs i bought when RPN had them out.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I prefer 3g a day. That was the recommended dose on the LCLT tubs i bought when RPN had them out.
the lclt is easy-i do 2 gm 2x day. but when you add in alcar/plcar things get more complicated.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Now I'm completely confused.
the op has alcar/lclt/plcar. to be honest i have never ran all 3 at the same time, and would be interested in the best way to dose.

HATEFULone

HATEFULone

Awards
  • Established

I prefer the fumarate version myself, but I've heard of people using gplc at lower doses when alcar was concurrently dosed, so not sure if it applies to the other forms of carnitine, but I'm sure there is some synergy between the different forms.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
the op has alcar/lclt/plcar. to be honest i have never ran all 3 at the same time, and would be interested in the best way to dose.
Thanks BigT. Like the OP, I too am confused as to how to dose these 2 versions of carnitine. Anavite has 2 grams of LCLT, now I'm hearing that it's not enough to see any measurable benefit(s). I was thinking about getting Alcar based on reading threads like this one...

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
Bump for the Carnitine wisdom of Dsade...

If anything, I would stick with the 3g/day of the LCLT and bump down the dose of ALCAR. Keep in consideration though that people respond different and my suggestion might not hold true for everyone. I personally seem to feel the LCLT more than the ALCAR, that's just me.

Basically I'll be dosing LCLT at 3g/day, the ALCAR at 1-2g/day, and the PLCAR at 2g/day, at least that's what I'm thinking right now. I'd like to dose all 3 together in the morning before working out. Then possibly LCLT/ALCAR in the afternoon again, then PLCAR/LCLT at night. Actually it has just become obvious to me I have no clue how I'll dose yet LOL. Where is Dsade when you need him?!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Bump for the Carnitine wisdom of Dsade...

If anything, I would stick with the 3g/day of the LCLT and bump down the dose of ALCAR. Keep in consideration though that people respond different and my suggestion might not hold true for everyone. I personally seem to feel the LCLT more than the ALCAR, that's just me.

Basically I'll be dosing LCLT at 3g/day, the ALCAR at 1-2g/day, and the PLCAR at 2g/day, at least that's what I'm thinking right now. I'd like to dose all 3 together in the morning before working out. Then possibly LCLT/ALCAR in the afternoon again, then PLCAR/LCLT at night. Actually it has just become obvious to me I have no clue how I'll dose yet LOL. Where is Dsade when you need him?!
see, that's the problem-we know how to dose the carnitines individually. but how is dosing effected when combining 3 seperate carnitines?

i agree, i too would like to hear what dsade has to say.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
1.5gr of plcar and lclt 2X a day would be the sweet spot for both IMO

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
haha! We are probably making it more complicated than it needs to be. But we're spending the money damnit, so why not make every bit of it as effective as possible. It's cool getting everyone's thoughts though. There's more than one way to do this.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
what about the alcar?
Dose it as you see fit. I like the 2-4gr range first thing in the morning, with my intial blend of plcar and lclt. Gives great focus with that combo.

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ALCAR, LCLT, and PLCAR
ALCAR is easily absorbed by the body, id dose this 1st thing in the morning and before workouts.

LCLT is better absorbed with carbs, I would also add alpha lipoic acide to absorb more. Take it with the meal before your workout, and with your post workout meal or shake.

PLCAR can be taken when with LCLT. You can also take both of these with your dinner.

Dizmal

Dizmal

Awards
  • Established
I got my order in yesterday and just took 1.5g of each last night and this morning.

This morn upon waking, took an na-rala, 30 minutes later mixed a half cup of OJ with 1.5g of all 3, slammed it and ate a banana.

I dunno, I don't feel much difference. But I selpt like ass last night and felt tired this morning anyway.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
I got my order in yesterday and just took 1.5g of each last night and this morning.

This morn upon waking, took an na-rala, 30 minutes later mixed a half cup of OJ with 1.5g of all 3, slammed it and ate a banana.

I dunno, I don't feel much difference. But I selpt like ass last night and felt tired this morning anyway.
I wouldn't take ALCAR before bed. Could be the reason for crappy sleep.

XJDesertFox

Awards
Bumping this, Was going to post this exact question, but found this thread when i searched.

So...gram values per dose of each?

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bumping this, Was going to post this exact question, but found this thread when i searched.

you can go from 1gram to 4 grams per dose. I would'nt go over this musch unless your comfortable...and rich : )

Total for the day id say 8 grams is good, give or take. Ive heard of others taking up to 20 grams a day but I would'nt do that much personally. Start off with enough to get results and add a little more when you feel like results are happening less.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established

I like this...

PLCAR- 2g-3g/ day
LCLT- 3g/ day
ALCAR- N/A Haven't used this yet but will soon @ 1.5g/day ;)

Never stacked but used these individually
GPLC- 4.5g/day
Arginocarn-1.5-3g/day

Individually or stacked, i just go by feel and don't go over the recommended amounts of each. LCLT and PLCAR @ 3grams a day each was great, this time around I'll just be adding in 1.5 g of ALCAR preworkout.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hey guys/gals. If you had ALCAR, LCLT, and PLCAR sitting in your cabinet right now, how would you dose each and when? Take them all at once, like 1g of each? Or take some more of one (possibly ALCAR) earlier in the day so you don't stay awake at night? Just looking for some suggestions here.

Also, I've read that 3g/day of both ALCAR and LCLT should be a "sweet spot" for both. Is that correct? Is less needed? How about PLCAR?

Thanks!
I would split them into thirds- and keep upping the dose until it starts to be inhibitory on the NS (you will feel it)...usually the excitation occurs with lower doses- and I would also add in some choline as well. You will have to experiment to see what works best for you

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
I would split them into thirds- and keep upping the dose until it starts to be inhibitory on the NS (you will feel it)...usually the excitation occurs with lower doses- and I would also add in some choline as well. You will have to experiment to see what works best for you
I know the rule of thumb for Piracetam and choline is 2:1. Is there a general amount of choline per amount of carnitine?

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This :approve:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Eric42952 Anabolics 16
Anabolics 32
ValiantThor08 Supplements 21
kingdong Supplements 72
Supplements 2