Donnie Thompson's "EX-WIFE" - EXTREME Myofacial Release

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
So, a buddy of mine from work and I have been looking at a way to get "135 lbs of Raw Steel & Sex Appeal" made so we can try out his theory of "body tempering". His videos on YouTube go into more detail about this so I won't put it all down here, but, my buddy has found a steel worker that would make one for us. I could post what we find out about it, and basically log my experiences with it and how it affects recovery, training, and possible increases in joint health with similar approaches to body floss. Not sure how soon we can get this done, but I'm pre-emptively putting this up to get anyone's attention that may be interested!

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey bud, get one of those as soon as you can! I can't say enough about how beneficial it is. I've been using it for a little over a year with fantastic results.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Buy the hollowed one on Chris duffins site, run to your nearest menards/lows and mix quick-crete and fill the piece. Boom.

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
Hey bud, get one of those as soon as you can! I can't say enough about how beneficial it is. I've been using it for a little over a year with fantastic results.
Buy the hollowed one on Chris duffins site, run to your nearest menards/lows and mix quick-crete and fill the piece. Boom.
herderdude, will do man. Like I said, I'm not sure how long it'll take but we'll be using it as soon as we can. I'm very excited to reap the benefits of it.
tyga tyga, that is another possibility that we're looking into as well. All depends on the quote the steel worker gives us. I've seen it and you can obviously fill with whatever you want and the desired weight. Probably would end up doing that in addition to the steel one, I don't know if I could take 135 lbs rolled onto my pecs/bi's/tri's right off the bat.

Thanks to you both for the input!

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
Alright guys, finally got the the chance to use the "X-Wife" last night. All I can say is holy hell. Felt really good on my back and posterior chain, rolled down onto the calves, that was painful. I could feel all the fluid being pushed out of the muscle and the fascia stretching a little. Definitely was a lot tighter in my calves than I thought. Quads are a different story. Only could get about halfway to my knees this first run. With the constant weight slowly pushing everything towards the knees, I could feel the quads "separate" and I actually felt the 3 sections shift. Quads were very tight too, very unpleasant but felt great when I was done. Calves were sore, as if I'd done a couple sets of heavy raises. I wouldn't think one use would stretch them that much, but it's a possibility. I've got deads before work tonight so I will come back and not if I notice any noteworthy changes in feeling of the hips, glutes, back, etc.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What was the weight of your X-wife?

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
Did back today, when I woke up my lats were already sore, so some tissue must've been stretched and broken down a bit with the session last night. Had really good contractions and could feel the lats working more than usual. Resulted in a good pump for sure. Did rack pulls instead of deads and they felt really good. I was able to "draw in" the lats easier and keep them tight, which resulted in a small PR. I normally gas out at 405 after getting 1 rep in, but I got 2 x 405, 1 x 415, 1 x 425, and failed a 435 attempt. Felt more confident in the pulls today too. Before those heavier sets I had hit 135, 225, and 315, typical "bro" progression. Glutes also felt more engaged this time around too. Looking forward to seeing what'll happen with continued use.