Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
We are facing a public health crisis right now. People are walking around under the influence of liberalism. The mental hospitals need to be opened back up.
i hate when i have to go to indy [fortunately my need to go there has vastly decreased since i retired]...everytime i go there i see homeless talking to themselves and pacing back and forth, these people are living on the streets-many due to the fact they won't comply with anti-drug/alcohol rules of homeless shelters.

one of the major reasons mental institutions were closed was the creation of drugs to treat mental illness--the problem is that these drugs come with side effects that cause mentally ill people to choose not to take them....society and the courts have been reluctant to force mentally ill patients to take medication that would allow them to function in society. actually many times there isn't even any follow up after a person is evaluated at a psychiatric ward/hospital.

it comes down to a choice...either we have menatll ill people wandering around in society or money will have to be used for treatment and evaluation and if need be forced medication, i can't see any other solution.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Combined with first person shooter games that reward mass murder with high score.
There is a book written by retired Army Colonel Dave Grossman called, On Killing. He talks about kids playing first person games and how there’s definitely a correlation to the games and people that play them and are predisposed to violence due to an underlying mental issue.

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
There is a book written by retired Army Colonel Dave Grossman called, On Killing. He talks about kids playing first person games and how there’s definitely a correlation to the games and people that play them and are predisposed to violence due to an underlying mental issue.

We all played so many violent video games, we all saw so many Rambo movies. We all have so many guns.

The difference has got to be adding these mind altering medicines for ADHD like Ritalin, etc. into the mix.

I'd like to know if there was a mass shooter since Columbine who hasn't had the combination of brain meds AND played 1st person shooter games.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We all played so many violent video games, we all saw so many Rambo movies. We all have so many guns.

The difference has got to be adding these mind altering medicines for ADHD like Ritalin, etc. into the mix.

I'd like to know if there was a mass shooter since Columbine who hasn't had the combination of brain meds AND played 1st person shooter games.
Not clear on your last statement, but from what I remember the Columbine kids were also drugged up on prescription meds. Maybe Im wrong but Im more sure than not. Video games? Well that was 90's, what did they have Doom? LOL

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
They had Doom, Rainbow Six, and Wolfenstein for example. I am saying the Columbine kids probably took Ritalin and played Castle Wolfenstein which contributed to their psycho-killer mass murdering fantasies.

I'd also bet the Aurora movie theater killer, the sandy hook kid, and Parkville shooters also played first person shooter games while taking mind altering brain meds.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
They had Doom, Rainbow Six, and Wolfenstein for example. I am saying the Columbine kids probably took Ritalin and played Castle Wolfenstein which contributed to their psycho-killer mass murdering fantasies.

I'd also bet the Aurora movie theater killer, the sandy hook kid, and Parkville shooters also played first person shooter games while taking mind altering brain meds.
Aurora movie killer wasnt a regular dude, he had connections to the military industrial complex, specifically comes from a DARPA family and his apartment was rigged with a sophisticated booby trapped bombing mechanism. And damn, those courtroom shots were mindblowing, and they acted like he was just crazy. They had to shoot him up with some crazy Manchurian candidate juice.

Anyways thats my tinfoil hat for the day, but Im serious.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

permissive parenting plays a huge role also, imo. if kids don't have set boundaries and limits along with a good moral base of right and wrong it is a disaster waiting to happen...hands on parenting requires a mind set and commitment that unfortunately many 'parents' are either not equipped for or unwilling to commit to.

i know religion gets bashed a lot in this thread, but like it or not religion does teach morals---even though it is not permissive/accepting enough of alternate lifestyles for many liberals---many outside of traditional lifestyles have started their own churches since they realize the value in the moral teachings of religion.

Last edited:

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

I’m not doubting the meds having a major role in it at all. I totally agree with it. ADHD meds are prescribed to a lot of kids and in my opinion don’t need them. Discipline your kids and don’t give them Mt Dew 24/7. I knew a lady that gave her granddaughter chocolate milk and Mt Dew in her bottle. Talk about stupid as hell!

Grossman wasn’t saying the games cause people to be killers. He was saying that it plays a part with someone that is predisposed to violent tendencies / metal illness that’s untreated.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

No doubt. All of those guys have that spaced out weird look on their faces. I think the meds are definitely connected with their violent behavior as well.

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What about the Vegas shooter. He played slot machines not first person shooters. I still think drugs is leading factor.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
permissive parenting plays a huge role also, imo. if kids don't have set boundaries and limits along with a good moral base of right and wrong it is a disaster waiting to happen...hands on parenting requires a mind set and commitment that unfortunately many 'parents' are either not equipped for or unwilling to commit to.

i know religion gets bashed a lot in this thread, but like it or not religion does teach morals---even though it is not permissive/accepting enough of alternate lifestyles for many liberals---many outside of traditional lifestyles have started their own churches since they realize the value in the moral teachings of religion.
Even the atheists of the colonial times agreed that true Christianity teachings was a good morale foundation. Now Christians are bashed by any means necessary.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Even the atheists of the colonial times agreed that true Christianity teachings was a good morale foundation. Now Christians are bashed by any means necessary.
Too many of them proved to be horrible people, especially those in political office. Of course isnt fair to those that are, which in my case Id rather see people judging other people by the moral of their individual character but that died with the Philosophies of Libtardism.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
it's funny that so many liberals bash christian religion but are ok with and even defend islam?

todays christianity is considerbly more tolerant than islam, imo.

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
it's funny that so many liberals bash christian religion but are ok with and even defend islam?

They only tolerate Islam because it’s the antithesis of Christian conservatives that are standing in the way of them sodomizing each other and murdering babies. They are completely clueless to the fact that Islam calls for their execution for the lifestyle they live.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
They only tolerate Islam because it’s the antithesis of Christian conservatives that are standing in the way of them sodomizing each other and murdering babies. They are completely clueless to the fact that Islam calls for their execution for the lifestyle they live.
100% agree--their hatred of christianity is so deep they condemn it while at the same time condoning islam which is much more intolerant of their lifestyle choices....

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
What about the Vegas shooter. He played slot machines not first person shooters. I still think drugs is leading factor.
Who says the Vegas shooter didn't also play shooter video games in his free time? I would bet if the agencies really investigated, they would find 1st person shooter games and a prior history of psychotropic drugs. Can't rule it out...

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Who says the Vegas shooter didn't also play shooter video games in his free time? I would bet if the agencies really investigated, they would find 1st person shooter games and a prior history of psychotropic drugs. Can't rule it out...
On another note I heard the Pentagon tries to recruit the best online FPS players…

Anyone else hear about that?

I can understand why that would work.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
On another note I heard the Pentagon tries to recruit the best online FPS players…

This question is for those not hiding in safe spaces of course.

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

You do know that the Army actually trains with FPS simulators. It is a really neat system. Actual weapons built just for the system. For awhile the Army had an actual online game that they used for recruiting as well.

Reactions: ax1
Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Most people who bash Christianity know very little (if anything) about it, and almost none of them have never studied the Bible. Instead most of these people make illogical conclusions on beliefs that are not even contained in the Bible. When listening to others allege that the Bible of full of inconsistencies and contradiction, I frequently ask them "which ones specifically do you find most troubling?". I have NEVER had one of these self-proclaimed subject matter experts provide an example, because they are only regurgitating the gross and inaccurate statement made by others - those who also live a life based exclusively on feelings and self-aggrandizement.

Forgiveness and love are not sinister concepts to me. Avoiding things that cause damage is, at lest to me, not a flawed objective.

Going out on a limb, I believe most who object to Christianity are simply against the concept of being asked to choose a life and make behavioral decisions intended to eliminate immorality and harm (to themselves and to others), and have (if they believe in a deity) created a god of their own design, rather than to accept that God created human beings in his own image.

Last edited:
ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
CCP-Virus cases just tripled in NY and is up in all 50 states....Enjoy your summer!

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
CCP-Virus cases just tripled in NY and is up in all 50 states....Enjoy your summer!
I just walked into my doctors office for an appointment and they wanted me to put a mask on. I haven’t wore a mask in months anywhere. Don’t even own one. Told them to cancel my appointment and I will find a new doctor that isn’t a party to this stupidity. Scamdemic. So fucking tired of hearing about this nonsense. I don’t care anymore. Oh and f*ck your child molesting fake ass president too. Happy Tuesday.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
just when you thought it was safe to go into the water soon the government will be wanting all the sheep to get booster shots....the powers that be must be amazed at how easy it was to turn Americans into toe the line sheep---baa baa baa

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Conservative that engage in cancel culture are a cult.

Last edited:
BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Take a look at the confirmed US cases state by state. It's amazingly consistent around 10% of population, almost odd. That is after a year and a half and 3 waves of this covid-crap!!

So is the vaccine really all that much better (if at all) for the healthy folks? The best Pfizer is advertising 95% effective, so 5% still get the covid. And J&J is only 66% effective, meaning 33% still get the covid.

And here we are after 3 waves and 1-1/2 YEARS and only 10% have gotten it?

Not counting unknown asymptomatic cases....

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Take a look at the confirmed US cases state by state. It's amazingly consistent around 10% of population, almost odd. That is after a year and a half and 3 waves of this covid-crap!!

So is the vaccine really all that much better (if at all) for the healthy folks? The best Pfizer is advertising 95% effective, so 5% still get the covid. And J&J is only 66% effective, meaning 33% still get the covid.

And here we are after 3 waves and 1-1/2 YEARS and only 10% have gotten it?

Not counting unknown asymptomatic cases....
Pfizer is 95% but they are begging the FDA to get booster shot$$$out.

There is a lot of money to be made and a lot of campaign contributions to go with it.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pfizer is 95% but they are begging the FDA to get booster shot$$$out.

There is a lot of money to be made and a lot of campaign contributions to go with it.
Forgot to add Groper Pedo Joe will claim the booster shot is all free and most of the sheep believe it.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

Does it?

How many pedo priests have their been? Cultists?

Religion teaches hate. How many people here hate on LGBTQ community and lie to themselves that they don't "hate the sinner but hate the sin." Ever visit the Twitterverse before the mass conservative banning? That was/ still is a cesspool of hate from so-called Christians. Every bio from someone who would go on a thread and mock LGBTQ people had the exact same bio: "Proud Christian, Father and love my wife." Which obviously looks good, but then their actions on a message board promote hate and loathing. That's not Christian. Jesus didn't die on the cross so that you could spew hate. He died for Love. He loved those who crucified him. He loved the weak, the meek, the poor and needy. If he were alive today, he would absolutely smash modern day Christians.

Killing people under the guise of religion is not teaching morality. The crusades come to mind, as does most of the religious genocides that are still occurring around the world.

Good parents teach good morals irrespective of their religious foundations.

Last edited:
ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Does it?

Religion teaches hate. How many people here hate on LGBTQ community and lie to themselves that they don't "hate the sinner but hate the sin." Ever visit the Twitterverse before the mass conservative banning? That was/ still is a cesspool of hate from so-called Christians. Every bio from someone who would go on a thread and mock LGBTQ people had the exact same bio: "Proud Christian, Father and love my wife." Which obviously looks good, but then their actions on a message board promote hate and loathing. That's not Christian. Jesus didn't die on the cross so that you could spew hate. He died for Love. He loved those who crucified him. He loved the weak, the meek, the poor and needy. If he were alive today, he would absolutely smash modern day Christians.

Killing people under the guise of religion is not teaching morality. The crusades come to mind, as does most of the religious genocides that are still occurring around the world.

If Jesus was alive today, he wouldnt give a shyt if people had alternative lives or not, he would love and accept them all as they are.

Can you imagine Jesus walking around Gay Street in NYC condemning queers while munching on Chick-fil-a? "Ya'll going to get zapped by Satan you fruity azz biiaattchheeess!!"

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
While I am not qualified to project what Jesus would say, several parts of the Bible (as I read them) appear to directly contradict and oppose your conclusion regarding this. Love and accepting people is not the same condoning or not caring about things that the Bible instructs us not to do. Not my words.

Last edited:
ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
While I am not qualified to project what Jesus would say, several parts of the Bible (as I read them) appear to directly contradict and oppose your conclusion regarding this. Love and accepting people is not the same condoning or not caring about things that the Bible instructs us not to do. Not my words.
But Chick-fil-a does make a good sandwitch Jesus would be proud, amiright?

Of course Jesus wouldnt say or act like that, Im just calling out the hypocrisy I have seen with a "bunch" of Christians (one big one with me are alot of the war stuff) but of course, this isnt to say all Christians are like this.

The fact that "alternative" lifestyle people have to congregate in their own Churches outside of "Traditional" churches as that guy before posted about (that guy who doenst see my posts anymore) is absolutely ridiculous and somewhat disturbing if I put myself in the shoes of what Jesus would want to be seen in Churches.

Last edited:
Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
OK. I try to follow what the Bible says. To me, what it says is clear. Am I always successful? Nope. Sometimes I miss by a mile and occasionally it bites me in the butt. But I try to not make everything feelings based. We have a lot of feelings about a lot of things. Some of them change as a function of age and experience. It is nice (to me) to have what I believe is a true baseline. I joke about a lot of things, but not this one.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
i hate when i have to go to indy [fortunately my need to go there has vastly decreased since i retired]...everytime i go there i see homeless talking to themselves and pacing back and forth, these people are living on the streets-many due to the fact they won't comply with anti-drug/alcohol rules of homeless shelters.

one of the major reasons mental institutions were closed was the creation of drugs to treat mental illness--the problem is that these drugs come with side effects that cause mentally ill people to choose not to take them....society and the courts have been reluctant to force mentally ill patients to take medication that would allow them to function in society. actually many times there isn't even any follow up after a person is evaluated at a psychiatric ward/hospital.

it comes down to a choice...either we have menatll ill people wandering around in society or money will have to be used for treatment and evaluation and if need be forced medication, i can't see any other solution.
Having worked with mentally ill people in an enforcement capacity, the mental health system is grossly underfunded and understaffed, which means many of its patients are left not adequately cared for (this is the issue in NZ, YMMV).

Depending on the illness, it's not as simple as saying "comply or die," because some mentally ill people often cannot put consequences to actions, rationalize or even understand what medications are used for. It's like trying to teach a toddler how to tell time.

It's a very complex issue.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
OK. I try to follow what the Bible says. To me, what it says is clear. Am I always successful? Nope. Sometimes I miss by a mile and occasionally it bites me in the butt. But I try to not make everything feelings based. We have a lot of feelings about a lot of things. Some of them change as a function of age and experience. It is nice (to me) to have what I believe is a true baseline. I joke about a lot of things, but not this one.
How do you feel about "alternative' people going to other churches? Did the Bible create division and somewhat unintended consequences of hatred against good moral gay people? Or do you just blame Satan involved both the gay person and Christians that hate them?

Just asking honest question, I dont think all Christians feel that way, and not as much as they used to.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
If Jesus was alive today, he wouldnt give a shyt if people had alternative lives or not, he would love and accept them all as they are.

Can you imagine Jesus walking around Gay Street in NYC condemning queers while munching on Chick-fil-a? "Ya'll going to get zapped by Satan you fruity azz biiaattchheeess!!"
"Let he without Sin cast the first stone" is a powerful passage.

You can condone sin, without hating the sinner.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The Bible does not create any hate. None whatsoever.

The Bible identifies things that are sinful. Not everyone is obligated to agree that those things are sinful, because we were blessed with free will. I didn't write the Bible, nor do I have editorial rights, nor am I obligated to follow it.

I chose to accept it. I choose to follow it. I am glad I did.

Other churches can do as they wish. Those that do not follow the Bible, simply do not follow the Bible. That does not invalidate or change the Bible, or does it make what they are doing right (except perhaps, in their own eyes). There is something, however, about a "millstone" that seems to apply. But, I do not own or apply millstones. Not my job.

I intended a PCUSA church for some time, until I found out how far they strayed from biblical mandates - and then I left. They were all about "I am OK, you are OK - the church of feelings". I refer to that as moral relativism and had heated debates with the so-called Executive Presbyter responsible for CA, NV an HW. He was, in all due respect, an idiot.

From that point I vowed to attend services at a Bible based church, with no man made hoopla. Best decision I could have made.

Am I right? I think so (otherwise I would have made different decisions), and others are free to disagree with my decisions.

If I am wrong, then I have lived a better life by trying to follow healthy guidelines.

But, if my beliefs are correct, the I am even happier.

Other may not be, however.

Last edited:
ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The Bible does not create any hate. None whatsoever.

The Bible identifies things that are sinful. Not everyone is obligated to agree that those things are sinful, because we were blessed with free will. I didn't write the Bible, nor do I have editorial rights, nor am I obligated to follow it.

I chose to accept it. I choose to follow it. I am glad I did.

Other churches can do as they wish. Those that do not follow the Bible, simply do not follow the Bible. That does not invalidate of change the Bible, or does it make what they are doing right (except perhaps, in their own eyes). There is something, however, about a "millstone" that seems to apply. But, I do not own or apply millstones. Not my job.

I intended a PCUSA church for some time, until I found out how far they strayed from biblical mandates - and then I left. They were all about "I am OK, you are OK - the church of feelings". I refer to that as moral relativism and had heated debates with the so-called Executive Presbyter responsible for CA, NV an HW. He was, in all due respect, an idiot.

From that point I vowed to attend services at a Bible based church, with no man made hoopla. Best decision I could have made.

Am I right? I think so (otherwise I would have made different decisions), and others are free to disagree with my decisions.

If I am wrong, then I have lived a better life by trying to follow healthy guidelines.

But, if my beliefs are correct, the I am even happier.

Other may not be, however.
I can really respect that :)

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Does it?

I just want to say this in reference to the LGBTQ movement. There’s a difference between someone being gay and being bashed because of it in comparison to the gay “movement” pushing an agenda or saying children should be able to get a sex change operation. That’s ridiculous. But hating someone because they are gay is wrong. I don’t hate gays. I don’t accept their lifestyle but that’s only my opinion and means nothing in the long run. I shouldn’t have to accept something that I don’t agree with and at the same time I shouldn’t hate or bring harm to someone because they choose to do something I don’t agree with.

Other than that, I pretty much agree with what you said. First time for everything, eh?

Last edited:
Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I just want to say this in reference to the LGBTQ movement. There’s a difference between someone being gay and being bashed because of it in comparison to the gay “movement” pushing an agenda or saying children should be able to get a sex change operation. That’s ridiculous. But hating someone because they are gay is wrong. I don’t hate gays. I don’t accept their lifestyle but that’s only my opinion and means nothing in the long run. I shouldn’t have to accept something that I don’t agree with and at the same time I shouldn’t hate or bring harm to someone because they choose to do something I don’t agree with.

Other than that, I pretty much agree with what you said. First time for everything, eh?
I agree with you. There is a difference between accepting them as people and accepting the lifestyle.

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I agree with you. There is a difference between accepting them as people and accepting the lifestyle.
Is it possible to not care what they do behind closed doors but still make fun of them for being a bunch of sissy soy drinking fairies? Asking for a friend…