Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Air Force does it right. I went to a remote base in Niger. I am talking about hole in the wall. They had a mess tent and they imported a chef from Italy named Gio that did all the cooking. I kid you not I would pay to go to that place if it was a restaurant. Everything had presentation and was mouth watering amazing. I always look forward to getting put on air bases. Great accommodations, no room sharing, good food, and they have good gyms and mwr facilities. I’ve been on some army bases where they are using poles that were set in buckets of concrete for gym equipment.

I don’t think there is a soldier or marine that ever ETSs and doesn’t utter the phrase: I should have went Air Force.
i actually thought i ate good on board ship, UNTIL i went to that air force base...i was at clark back in the day several times but never ate there--now i feel like i missed out, lol.

i freaked out when i heard how bad that volcano put a hurting on clark.

man, i have to tell you, i really miss my time in PI...but if i were to go back there now i am afraid it would spoil my memories-those were some of the best days/years of my life...filipino's will always have a place in my heart, i had a lot of really close friends there.

Reactions: ax1
Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
So what you do is address racists on a case by case basis. It has nothing to do with wearing the blue and the illusion most of the good police are targeting people by skin pigment. We can work to improve the police forces as a whole, thats not a problem especially if your not being so politically and racially divisive on the issues.
For the record, I'm definitely not trying to say all cops are bad or should be defunded or anything like that. I fully support police, I just think change needs to happen from the ground up.

In one of my examples, a man lying on his back with his hands in the air was fired on 3 times by an officer. He was no threat, nor was the autistic person he was assisting. When asked about why the cop fired, the cop replied "I dont know". I don't know is NOT an acceptable answer. If a gun is drawn, that should be made with conscious thought. If a gun is fired, then that should require even more thought. If you're answer is "I dont know why I fired", then you should be dismissed. Period.

You police through trust and confidence. You police for the people. If the police superiors simply place that officer on desk duties, what message are you sending the public that you serve? You lose their trust. People won't cooperate with you if you continuously abuse that authority. The police superiors need to hold their "bad apples" to account, and not wait for public backlash before pursuing action. If you want trust, you act before being told you need to act. You be proactive and protect the community in which you serve.

That's what the police need to do. But at the moment they are letting people get away with literal murder UNTIL the public get involved. The murderers of Ahmaud Arbery were only held to account AFTER the video leaked (from one of the suspects). The police did nothing until that video surfaced.

That's seriously just crap policing. The public deserve better.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
For the record, I'm definitely not trying to say all cops are bad or should be defunded or anything like that. I fully support police, I just think change needs to happen from the ground up.

In one of my examples, a man lying on his back with his hands in the air was fired on 3 times by an officer. He was no threat, nor was the autistic person he was assisting. When asked about why the cop fired, the cop replied "I dont know". I don't know is NOT an acceptable answer. If a gun is drawn, that should be made with conscious thought. If a gun is fired, then that should require even more thought. If you're answer is "I dont know why I fired", then you should be dismissed. Period.

You police through trust and confidence. You police for the people. If the police superiors simply place that officer on desk duties, what message are you sending the public that you serve? You lose their trust. People won't cooperate with you if you continuously abuse that authority. The police superiors need to hold their "bad apples" to account, and not wait for public backlash before pursuing action. If you want trust, you act before being told you need to act. You be proactive and protect the community in which you serve.

That's what the police need to do. But at the moment they are letting people get away with literal murder UNTIL the public get involved. The murderers of Ahmaud Arbery were only held to account AFTER the video leaked (from one of the suspects). The police did nothing until that video surfaced.

i am sorry, but this post doesn't sound like someone who fully supports the police, lol.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Ok I got ya thanks for clarifying. I’m in the same page with you with reforms then.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
To me I interpreted it as he wants to support police to succeed.
lol...i know what he meant.

@Jiigzz is one of only a few who has been able to change my mind on something i thought was solid.

never thought i would be a opponent of capital punishment, but here i am.

it's truly a test to be oppossed to the execution of child killers/rapists, i am not very popular for this opinion here in terre haute.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I just want to add a little something here, the difference between what you said here and what you get from BLM groups is that you picked out a good example on how we need both police and justice reform, the media and BLM makes it out to be appear as if this was a racially targeted incident and as an example of racial injustice, which it wasnt...at least in my opinion. I happen to be on the same page as you said it without making accusations of racial discrimination in this specific unfortunate incident.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

@Jiigzz is one of only a few who has been able to change my mind on something i thought was solid.

it's truly a test to be oppossed to the execution of child killers/rapists, i am not very popular for this opinion here in terre haute.
Would you do the China and make money of them organs?

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Yeah executions is a waste. We should be using death row inmates to develop cures, vaccines, and test life saving medical procedures and drugs.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah executions is a waste. We should be using death row inmates to develop cures, vaccines, and test life saving medical procedures and drugs.
back in the day they used to let them volunteer for stuff like that to get off death row.

the protesters are already starting to show up here in terre haute, i think the 1st execution is this month.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

Haha, yeah i definitely support the police.

Having worked in police, I 100% back what they do and understand the importance of their jobs. A big part of policing though is to build trust and confidence with the community you serve. Some people will always dislike police and authority, but ultimately when people trust and respect what you do, you achieve a heck of a lot more.

And for the record, I've also seen stories of police officers playing basketball with the kids in the neighbourhoods they patrol, and reaching out to other people in their communities. That's the kind of policing I advocate for. People who do the job, but also make the effort to build bridges rather than burn them. It won't always work, but you have to try. We should he sharing more of those stories, but ultimately I think people like to be mad about stuff more than they like seeing the good.

Last edited:
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Having worked in police, I 100% back what they do and understand the importance of their jobs. A big part of policing though is to build trust and confidence with the community you serve. Some people will always dislike police and authority, but ultimately when people trust and respect what you do, you achieve a heck of a lot more.

And for the record, I've also seen stories of police officers playing basketball with the kids in the neighbourhoods they patrol, and reaching out to other people in their communities. That's the kind of policing I advocate for. People who do the job, but also make the effort to build bridges rather than burn them. It won't always work, but you have to try. We should he sharing more of those stories, but ultimately I think people like to be mad about stuff more than they like seeing the good.
there is a local cop here out of lawrence indiana who does break dancing with the kids, he has videos on youtube...it seems policing is much easier when the community has their back-and that is a two way street.

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Those stories happen every single day. The problem is those stories don’t sell and they go unreported.

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Those stories happen every single day. The problem is those stories don’t sell and they go unreported.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
looks like 1st execution will be july 13th. daniel lewis lee convicted of killing family of 3, including a 8 year old girl.

the county sheriff was on tv talking about plans to keep protesters/counter protesters apart.

when mcveigh was executed it was a real mess outside the prison.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
looks like 1st execution will be july 13th. daniel lewis lee convicted of killing family of 3, including a 8 year old girl.

the county sheriff was on tv talking about plans to keep protesters/counter protesters apart.

when mcveigh was executed it was a real mess outside the prison.
Did you know he was a part of the same MK-Ultra program as the Unibomber?

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
In this image, you can clearly see the man on the ground with his hands in the air being a huge threat to other peoples lives. Yeah, the police definitely needed to shoot at him 3 times, hitting him once for this display aggression.

In this story an officer tells a white women she doesnt need to fear cops because they only kill black people: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2017/08/31/us/black-kill-police-georgia.amp.html

Senior officer tells people they ought to shoot more blacks than they do: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/5346864002

I was a police officer, and proud of it. However the US has some serious policing issues right now. Not just a few bad eggs, but serious lack of discipline when drawing a firearm. The go to for US police is to draw their firearm to simply detain somebody. That's crazy to me. In NZ, you dont pull out your firearm unless you have made the conscious decision to shoot. It is not to be used as a deterrent or method of detaining.

Officers have to read aloud their rules of engagement whenever there is a possibility of someone being armed. As soon as any shots are fired, those officers are stood down pending a review to determine if those actions were justified.

View attachment 195360View attachment 195361
You do realizing policing in the US is totally different than in NZ, right? NZ has lost 32 officers in the line of duty in 103 years. The US loses that in 3-4 months. The post you made of the unarmed man and the autistic guy....officers were dispatched to a suicidal subject in the same area at the same time. The officers thought Charles Kinsey was in danger. Yes the officer said to Kinsey I don’t know why I shot you. But he shot him because he meant to shoot the autistic kid and missed. The kid has something in his hands and he wouldn’t comply with commands. Very tragic situation. Could it have been handled differently? Absolutely. The officer was charged in this incident.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You do realizing policing in the US is totally different than in NZ, right? NZ has lost 32 officers in the line of duty in 103 years. The US loses that in 3-4 months. The post you made of the unarmed man and the autistic guy....officers were dispatched to a suicidal subject in the same area at the same time. The officers thought Charles Kinsey was in danger. Yes the officer said to Kinsey I don’t know why I shot you. But he shot him because he meant to shoot the autistic kid and missed. The kid has something in his hands and he wouldn’t comply with commands. Very tragic situation. Could it have been handled differently? Absolutely. The officer was charged in this incident.
If the officer was charged, and you agree he should have been, why are you trying to explain/justify his actions? And suicidal isn’t inherently synonymous with homicidal. If dealing with potentially suicidal people was justification for shooting someone, then plenty of nurses, psych ward workers, etc. would be shooting people all day. Even if the kid had something in his hands and wasn’t listening to commands, was he a clear threat to the cop? I think not. The price for disobeying orders should be death? That’s some Judge Dredd s**t right there.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If the officer was charged, and you agree he should have been, why are you trying to explain/justify his actions? And suicidal isn’t inherently synonymous with homicidal. If dealing with potentially suicidal people was justification for shooting someone, then plenty of nurses, psych ward workers, etc. would be shooting people all day. Even if the kid had something in his hands and wasn’t listening to commands, was he a clear threat to the cop? I think not. The price for disobeying orders should be death? That’s some Judge Dredd s**t right there.
I’m not justifying his actions at all. I was giving other facts of the situation that had not been stated previously. But suicidal can very well equal homicidal. It just depends on what facts are at hand. Stressful situations are tense, uncertain and they rapidly evolve, so they have to be handled as the situation dictates.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Does that number also account for suicide from the hardships that come with the lifestyle?

Thats a serious questions.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’m not justifying his actions at all. I was giving other facts of the situation that had not been stated previously. But suicidal can very well equal homicidal. It just depends on what facts are at hand. Stressful situations are tense, uncertain and they rapidly evolve, so they have to be handled as the situation dictates.
And that situation did not dictate use of lethal force, as we seem to agree on...

None of those “facts” justified the shooting, so they don’t really need to be shared.

Just like if a man beats his wife, and you say “well, she cheated on him.” Or “well, she spent his money without asking him.” It doesn’t justify it by any means, so why even bother pointing it out if it changes nothing and doesn’t excuse the actions?

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Duck Duck Go man. I’m telling you, MASSIVELY different search results than Google.
I did last time with Sandy Hook when I wanted to research abnormalities (to prove I dont believe the official story, and no not to prove it never happened) and it was demoralizing I wasnt getting things the way I used to.

I think also I dont have the same heart I had a few years ago for the same topics, so the extra work on top of the difficulties people ask for evidence I dont bother with it as much.

That doesn't stop me from saying things in hope some people do their own research and digging, unfortunately as I said its harder than it used to.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Duck Duck Go man. I’m telling you, MASSIVELY different search results than Google.
For example, infowars alex jones sandy hook....I used to get links to his website articles which then I can did and figure out what is bs or not because they do post sources here and there to back up their claims or at least try to.

But as you see not 1 useful link comes up,, where in the past it would be mostly infowars.com links directly on google.

And no, before you say anything that wasnt my "go to" website all the time, its much more expansive. They had some interesting stuff but Im not like a big Alex.

The internet is rigged, rigged and rigged.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I did last time with Sandy Hook when I wanted to research abnormalities (to prove I dont believe the official story, and no not to prove it never happened) and it was demoralizing I wasnt getting things the way I used to.

I think also I dont have the same heart I had a few years ago for the same topics, so the extra work on top of the difficulties people ask for evidence I dont bother with it as much.

That doesn't stop me from saying things in hope some people do their own research and digging, unfortunately as I said its harder than it used to.
Man, have you ever considered that’s because as more info came out on the shooting, things were updated, and conspiracy theories were proven to be untrue, so aren’t as relevant anymore?

It sounds to me like you are starting with a conclusion and trying to find support for it, rather than looking at all the data and then forming a conclusion.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For example, infowars alex jones sandy hook....I used to get links to his website articles which then I can did and figure out what is bs or not because they do post sources here and there to back up their claims or at least try to.

But as you see not 1 useful link comes up,, where in the past it would be mostly infowars.com links directly on google.

And no, before you say anything that wasnt my "go to" website all the time, its much more expansive. They had some interesting stuff but Im not like a big Alex.

The internet is rigged, rigged and rigged.
Dude, the first hit is his site. He lost a SIX FIGURE LAWSUIT regarding Sandy Hook, so I bet you he took down those pages from his site after that, which is why they’re not showing up anymore.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dude, the first hit is his site. He lost a SIX FIGURE LAWSUIT regarding Sandy Hook, so I bet you he took down those pages from his site after that, which is why they’re not showing up anymore.
That wouldnt make sense because barely any of the material he or the other reporters posted was to say Sandy Hook never happened. I tell people that but they believe the media instead.

Its possible, Ill have to play with DuckDuck around more but I was having problems with a couple other things in the past too.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The first hit is his site but thats just his site.

Last edited:
ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I see he has his own search on his own website at least, there still are problems with sources taken in and in particular the many youtube video's that used to be linked in the past but its alot better than nothing. Alot of links to sources are gone either because they are dated or were taken down. Thats just his website though, problem is across the board and I cant remember the websites to everything I went through in the past.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I see he has his own search on his own website at least, there still are problems with sources taken in and in particular the many youtube video's that used to be linked in the past but its alot better than nothing. Alot of links to sources are gone either because they are dated or were taken down. Thats just his website though, problem is across the board and I cant remember the websites to everything I went through in the past.
You try the Wayback machine?

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You try the Wayback machine?
Now that is a good idea, but only if someone can pay me money to do the extra work because I have to pay my mortgage LOLLLL

No seriously with the extra work its not as important to me as it used to be to show sources to everything as it used to. I used to spend alot of time on here and especially my old 9/11 thread I did for years posting sources for everything and that took ALOT of time, time these days I need to spend on some other things both work and other interests or I start to fall behind. Ill still say my piece and claims, post my sources when more convenient and readily available but I just cant go that far most of the time. Posting conspiracies on fitness forums is truly a full time job!

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For a while I used to dig through this thread and my old 9/11 thread which used to have their own search engines. I was able to dig up my old stuff with ease although alot of my old youtube videos have been taken down and not all links work but it was very useful but they couldnt maintain that feature here anymore. At least not that Im aware of. The full website one on top makes things much more difficult to find, at least for me it was.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im somewhat pro electoral college guy, doesnt mean I think the electoral should break their pledge to vote for who the citizens chose to vote for.

This is a step in the right direction to make it better

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Alex Jones? The nutjob that thinks the govt is contaminating the water and turning the frogs gay?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Now that is a good idea, but only if someone can pay me money to do the extra work because I have to pay my mortgage LOLLLL

No seriously with the extra work its not as important to me as it used to be to show sources to everything as it used to. I used to spend alot of time on here and especially my old 9/11 thread I did for years posting sources for everything and that took ALOT of time, time these days I need to spend on some other things both work and other interests or I start to fall behind. Ill still say my piece and claims, post my sources when more convenient and readily available but I just cant go that far most of the time. Posting conspiracies on fitness forums is truly a full time job!
Ok, but don’t expect to not be ignored or even mocked, and rightfully so, until you do get around to posting sources. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof, so when you post no proof, what do you expect people to think?

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alex Jones? The nutjob that thinks the govt is contaminating the water and turning the frogs gay?
LOL that was a part of his comic script he has been doing since he started all this.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok, but don’t expect to not be ignored or even mocked, and rightfully so, until you do get around to posting sources. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof, so when you post no proof, what do you expect people to think?
I expect most people to condemn me, and some people to learn something off of me.

It goes with the game and I took it on and accepted it years ago.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I expect most people to condemn me, and some people to learn something off of me.

It goes with the game and I took it on and accepted it years ago.
No one will learn anything from you until you come back and back up your claims. The burden of proof rests with the person making the claims. Since this is a bodybuilding forum, think of it this way, if I say there’s this secret new supplement that provides the best gains ever, but I don’t provide a link to even a single study on it, I don’t expect anyone to take me seriously. If I came to that conclusion, I should have the research and data ready to support my claims. It’s not right to just say “controversial thing” and then tell people to “look it up themselves.”

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No one will learn anything from you until you come back and back up your claims. The burden of proof rests with the person making the claims. Since this is a bodybuilding forum, think of it this way, if I say there’s this secret new supplement that provides the best gains ever, but I don’t provide a link to even a single study on it, I don’t expect anyone to take me seriously. If I came to that conclusion, I should have the research and data ready to support my claims. It’s not right to just say “controversial thing” and then tell people to “look it up themselves.”
Well as long as your here you either put up with me or ignore me. I ain’t changing.

I have a different approach when it comes supplements and fitness research, but this isn’t the primary topic here.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh can’t believe I almost forgot...

Source^^^^ or BS?

Can’t allow people to think for themselves here.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
And that situation did not dictate use of lethal force, as we seem to agree on...

None of those “facts” justified the shooting, so they don’t really need to be shared.

Just like if a man beats his wife, and you say “well, she cheated on him.” Or “well, she spent his money without asking him.” It doesn’t justify it by any means, so why even bother pointing it out if it changes nothing and doesn’t excuse the actions?
i never could understand a man whose wife cheats on him shooting the other guy...if i was going to shoot someone it would be the wife 1st then the other guy---but if i only had 1 bullet....