Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I didnt realize the arrests happened months after it took place. WTF??!?!!
Yeah, one of the guys was associated with the DA so things got quite complicated around that.
Lol it's cool, i was just getting quite worked up there haha. The abuse of power thats going on is appalling and thats what i can't stand more than anything else, no one should be able to come along and make someone feel afraid or harassed or take their life because the have a badge and a uniform, it's unnatural, especially in USA, you have the constitution, one of the most beautiful things ever written yet it's being trampled on when any person of any colour or background is not truly free and under it's protection. Its unfathomable to me that when these things happen the other officers do nothing to stop it, they may say something later but at the time they let it happen as if it's engrained in their programming to never question another officer, forgetting they're to protect the public. Systemic racism needs to be fought in any way possible and people in MN i reckon don't feel they have any other way
That was my bad, the first line only was me responding to you, but the rest was just me ranting about the topic in general.

Reactions: ax1
nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ok, but there’s also no guarantee the intern stays with the company after receiving said training, or even that they end up getting their degree and/or certification, so if the only time they are with said company is during training while in school, then perhaps that’s why they do it? Or are you saying they should make interns sign a contract to work for said company for X amount of time once they earn their degree and/or certifications? Depending on the industry and the time/level/knowledge duding one’s internship, they may be super valuable, or hardly useful at all.

Edit: granted, while I was in school for civil engineering, I was told NOT to take any unpaid internships, since there were plenty of paid ones to go around. But I can’t speak for other industries/majors.
An employee not working out after having invested in training them is a CODB. If someone's that useless they lose the internship. There's a word for an unpaid employee but I don't want to be overly hyperbolic. 😉😇

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
An employee not working out after having invested in training them is a CODB. If someone's that useless they lose the internship. There's a word for an unpaid employee but I don't want to be overly hyperbolic.
Good, because comparing a college student working an unpaid internship to a slave would be beyond hyperbolic and rather insensitive to people who were actual slaves. Even saying you’re not going to say it is sort of saying it, and still nonsense.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I think it's unethical that they exist. It's a way to get out of paying someone during training
I agree, but think it is situational.

If an organisation is happy to give an internship in lieu of more formal education (certificate or degree), then I can definitely see a benefit to that, particularly if the training is free to you but costs the employment a fair amount to facilitate. However, if the company uses you as free labour under the guise of an internship without really facilitating any learning (or learning that is far below the value of your time) then that is exploitative.

I do think that if the company is in a position to pay even just the minimum wage, then they should.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

If an organisation is happy to give an internship in lieu of more formal education (certificate or degree), then I can definitely see a benefit to that, particularly if the training is free to you but costs the employment a fair amount to facilitate. However, if the company uses you as free labour under the guise of an internship without really facilitating any learning (or learning that is far below the value of your time) then that is exploitative.

I do think that if the company is in a position to pay even just the minimum wage, then they should.
So a fair bit of variables there I guess.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
So a fair bit of variables there I guess.
Yeah, I can't say i've given it a whole lot of thought before. I just completed my paid internship that involved extensive training. I was paid at the minimum rate throughout, but I thought that was a decent trade-off given they facilitated a lot of training.

I wouldn't have taken it if it were unpaid, as my partner has gone back to study her Masters and so financially it just wouldnt have been feasible.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just saw a vid posted in instagramz of, allegedly, a store owner being pummelled with kicks and punches as he was lying on the ground. Then left to bleed, semiconscious.

These "protesters" were running in, delivering a kick, then running off. They were like a swarm. It was just people, fukheads, seeing an oppurtunity to be violent with no repurcussion.

Humans. Fuking. Suck.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think it's unethical that they exist. It's a way to get out of paying someone during training
Is it voluntary though? How is voluntary unethical? If its voluntary isnt that opportunity at gaining experience rather than a form of exploitation?

Its really a situation of a win win for everybody I think. Unless you do something that I did last year and do a personal training internship (I PAID! to be there) where they basically were using me as a custodian rather than getting an experience and other false promises and I just walked out after 5 weeks. I never felt "exploited,' pissed yeah but I got over it the moment I left and focused on other things for my future and still took that experience as personal growth.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He was shot in February and they were arrested in May. Remember that cop in Dallas that went into somebody else's apartment by accident and shot him dead...again, she wasn't arrested right away (it was three days). I'm telling you that white privilege exists. It doesn't mean you've gotten a free pass on anything, but it does mean that you might have been given more barriers had you been black and that doesn't have to always mean lynching. You grew up as a white guy in a certain part of the country, but that doesn't mean racism isn't a huge problem just because of your experience. I've never been raped, but that doesn't mean I should tell women that sexual assaults are not a legitimate concern. I can go for weeks without having to worry about race because I do have that privilege. As a teen I was given a second, third, and fourth chance by cops that didn't give the same chances to my friends who were black. The worst I got was a call to have my parents pick me up from the station and most of the time they just let us go on our own. Black friends and schoolmates were at getting a court date and more than likely going to juvie.
I think you its possible then to claim "white privilege" without simultaneously being racist and blaming white people as a whole, I think that would be fair and possible. If its a general societal thing especially the system if the statistics do show that I think I can understand.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Good, because comparing a college student working an unpaid internship to a slave would be beyond hyperbolic and rather insensitive to people who were actual slaves. Even saying you’re not going to say it is sort of saying it, and still nonsense.
That one was just playing with ya a little. 😉😇

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Nuance. I dig it.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Is it voluntary though? How is voluntary unethical? If its voluntary isnt that opportunity at gaining experience rather than a form of exploitation?

Its really a situation of a win win for everybody I think. Unless you do something that I did last year and do a personal training internship (I PAID! to be there) where they basically were using me as a custodian rather than getting an experience and other false promises and I just walked out after 5 weeks. I never felt "exploited,' pissed yeah but I got over it the moment I left and focused on other things for my future and still took that experience as personal growth.
Yeah, no, that's exactly the immoral and exploitative behavior I was talking about. Even if you get people to volunteer to be exploited.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You cannot work a paid internship at my company. I believe according to California law. I’m sure there are loopholes. Anyone versed in labor law in here? I can dig it up. One of my girls is a lawyer.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You cannot work a paid internship at my company. I believe according to California law. I’m sure there are loopholes. Anyone versed in labor law in here? I can dig it up. One of my girls is a lawyer.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have you seen people get the opprotunity to step their foot in the door, pay some of their dues and prove themselves to be worthy of a hire and get a good permanent position in your company?

What do you think about the idea of "internship?"

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, no, that's exactly the immoral and exploitative behavior I was talking about. Even if you get people to volunteer to be exploited.
What do you think about if you did make a mandatory minimum for internships without a guaranteed position at least? Or if you rid of the concept of internship, at least allow any companies or business to start people at probation periods to judge to see if they fit the role and are capable? Then a company during a 90 day period are free to release them without any explanation? Isnt that fair at least? Wouldnt that give more people a chance to get their foot in the door and the best that have no experience would certainly gain from that?

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What do you think about if you did make a mandatory minimum for internships without a guaranteed position at least? Or if you rid of the concept of internship, at least allow any companies or business to start people at probation periods to judge to see if they fit the role and are capable? Then a company during a 90 day period are free to release them without any explanation? Isnt that fair at least? Wouldnt that give more people a chance to get their foot in the door and the best that have no experience would certainly gain from that?
Yeah, that would be fine. If someone is working you gotta pay them. If they can't do the job you tried to train them for, you gotta let em go.

In an ideal society, there would be UBI and some decent public resources to help them go from fired to gainfully employed again without starving, freezing etc in between but that's on the Gov, not employers, in an ideal world.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, that would be fine. If someone is working you gotta pay them. If they can't do the job you tried to train them for, you gotta let em go.

In an ideal society, there would be UBI and some decent public resources to help them go from fired to gainfully employed again without starving, freezing etc in between but that's on the Gov, not employers, in an ideal world.
You would have your UBI regional? I think you’ve said something in the past about the states running it? When I hear people like Yang vaguely saying $1,000 I mean, in NYC that doesnt get you far but in other places of the country you are doing alright and getting by.

Last edited:
justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Have you seen people get the opprotunity to step their foot in the door, pay some of their dues and prove themselves to be worthy of a hire and get a good permanent position in your company?

What do you think about the idea of "internship?"
Everyone I know that interned was given offers. We are pretty on target with that. You get the internship you had better screw up bad to not get an offer. It’s just not easy to get one.

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Just saw a vid posted in instagramz of, allegedly, a store owner being pummelled with kicks and punches as he was lying on the ground. Then left to bleed, semiconscious.

These "protesters" were running in, delivering a kick, then running off. They were like a swarm. It was just people, fukheads, seeing an oppurtunity to be violent with no repurcussion.

Humans. Fuking. Suck.
Thats the kind of thing that hurts a good cause more than anything, even a reasonable person could discount the whole thing as thuggery when in fact its a minority doing things like that. I think the vast majority of people there are taking a stand because they can't take anymore and see no other option, I'm honestly thinking if i were there i would be protesting too, i can't imagine trying to live your life in constant fear of the police who should be protecting you

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thats the kind of thing that hurts a good cause more than anything, even a reasonable person could discount the whole thing as thuggery when in fact its a minority doing things like that. I think the vast majority of people there are taking a stand because they can't take anymore and see no other option, I'm honestly thinking if i were there i would be protesting too, i can't imagine trying to live your life in constant fear of the police who should be protecting you
20 years ago I’d be getting on a bus to the city and getting busy. Not for the looting crap though.

Last edited:
nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You would have your UBI regional? When I hear people like Yang vaguely saying $1,000 I mean, in NYC that doesnt get you far but in other places of the country you are doing alright and getting by.
On the UBI front, I'm not sure. It might make more sense to keep it low and universal and have other safety net programs that could pick up the slack in more expensive areas. I just think it's a good idea to start everyone off with at least some liquidity. Like how everyone starts Monopoly with a little cash.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
On the UBI front, I'm not sure. It might make more sense to keep it low and universal and have other safety net programs that could pick up the slack in more expensive areas. I just think it's a good idea to start everyone off with at least some liquidity. Like how everyone starts Monopoly with a little cash.
Tax exempt?

I assume most people know someone on unemployment insurance these days, to take tax money for a use in need just to hand it back over is absolutely comical and adds to the waste costs of bureaucracy.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Tax exempt?

I assume most people know someone on unemployment insurance these days, to take tax money for a use in need just to hand it back over is absolutely comical and adds to the waste costs of bureaucracy.
Well, it would be considered part of your first $15k so, yeah essentially tax free.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
"You have to dominate or you'll look like a bunch of jerks, you have to arrest and try people,"

Prezident Dump

Meanwhile, a real leader is on a rise addressing the country's racial issues and how to reform government to make things better for everybody.

Last edited:
ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In the wake of George Floyd's death Gov. Andrew Cuomo is calling for a national ban on the use of excessive force from police officers and a national ban on chokeholds.

"I share the outrage of the injustice and I stand with the protesters. It’s not just George Floyd. There are 50 or more cases just like it. It is rooted in hundreds of years of racism and injustice. Let’s use this energy constructively and demand real, positive change."

Cuomo wants to use this "energy constructively to demand real positive change." He's also calling for independent investigations in cases of police abuse.

"There is no self-policing," Cuomo said. "Give people (the idea) the investigation is real."

Cuomo says the disciplinary records of a police officer are important when it comes to investigations of police officers accused of abuse.

He's urging people to stop protesting violently. He says the violence takes away from the credibility of what they are protesting.

"They're going to try to paint this whole protest movement they're all criminals, they're all looters. Why? Because they don't want to talk about Mr. Floyd's death," Cuomo said.

Read More: Cuomo Calls For National Ban on Excessive Force From Police | https://hudsonvalleypost.com/cuomo-calls-for-national-ban-on-excessive-force-from-police/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn, Dump just went to a new level of craziiii! And he held the Bible up declaring the Military is going to invade the State!! RROOFFFLLLL!!!!!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Damn, Dump just went to a new level of craziiii! And he held the Bible up declaring the Military is going to invade the State!! RROOFFFLLLL!!!!!

B3616715-3420-4E54-8D69-77AAAD45B4A8-39014-0000191334A89740.JPG

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah. He can’t do what he said he wants to. What a blowhard

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He already used the Military on peaceful protestors in Washington after declaring he is defending their right to peaceful protest.....then they shoot them up with rubber bullets and teargas just so he can photo-op at that church and hold the bible up.

He just took the word deplorable and gave it a whole 'nother level of meaning to it.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
With all this time you spend destroying Dump on all fronts and levels and endlessly attacking his character, you ended up being right all along! LOL Still cant vote for Groper Joe though, sorry!!!!!

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Just add it to the list of things people claimed Democrats were going to do. Meanwhile, the distraction from police brutality and lynching is working.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just add it to the list of things people claimed Democrats were going to do. Meanwhile, the distraction from police brutality and lynching is working.
Yup, they are master manipulators.

King Cumho addressed and warned this morning your second point too, Ill repaste in case you missed it,
"They're going to try to paint this whole protest movement they're all criminals, they're all looters. Why? Because they don't want to talk about Mr. Floyd's death," Cuomo said.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Regarding President* Donald Trump's Bible photo-op today:

"BISHOP MARIANN BUDDE: "The President just used a Bible - the most sacred text of the JudeoChristian tradition, and one of the churches of my diocese - without permission - as a backdrop for a message antithetical to the teachings of Jesus & everything that our churches stand for."

No matter what Trump does.
In November, he will be voted out of office.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

"BISHOP MARIANN BUDDE: "The President just used a Bible - the most sacred text of the JudeoChristian tradition, and one of the churches of my diocese - without permission - as a backdrop for a message antithetical to the teachings of Jesus & everything that our churches stand for."

I wish I had your optimism!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

At this rate, if he loses the election, it won't be "no matter what he does," it will be explicitly "because of what he does." Running against Biden? All Trump had/has to do to likely win is not majorly screw things up, but it seems like he's sailing that ship big time right now.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Even this is now getting twisted. Trump's team is pushing the message that Democrats have a problem with him walking to a church. No fucktards, when even the clergy are forced away from their own church with force for a photo op, then you are physically attacking Christian leaders. People will act like it's the end of the world and yell that there is a war on religion when Starbucks decides to have a red cup, but they don't say a word when there is an actual war on religion by the man they put before their own messiah. If Obama did this, they'd be livid! Wonder what the difference is...

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I love watching these ego lifting video's, this one is one of the funniest Ive seen in a while...there is a looted Planet Fitness and a surprise inside, RROOFFFLLL!!!!!!!

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yet, endorsed personally by Trump: Steve King (R) of Iowa just lost his seat.
And, so it begins. Big.Blue.Wave.II. 2018 repeat but even bigger.

Some people are out of touch with reality in here.
I'm only too happy to shed light on it with my A.M. Microphone and formerly nicotine stained fingers.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Holy Sh*t did you hear what happened in BOSTON?
(Please read) 6/3/2020

An unarmed teenage boy was hit in the head with the butt end of a firearm during a nonviolent verbal exchange with a law enforcement officer. Word of the incident quickly spread, and within an hour, several people gathered in the area to peacefully protest.

They shouted slogans, and business owners in the area closed up shop for fear of their property.

The law enforcement officers called for backup, and backup arrived in the form of heavily armed officers. They then declared the assembly unlawful and ordered the protestors to disperse. The crowd, in response grew restless and hurled dirt clods at the law enforcement personnel. Law enforcement responded by firing into the crowd.

The first man killed was a black man.

If, while reading this, you found yourself thinking that law enforcement was in the right, and the protestors should have dispersed...

Congratulations, you have fallen on the wrong side of history. Siding with the tyrant King George III against American Patriots. The incident occurred in 1770. The black man killed was named Crispus Attucks. The incident became known as The Boston Massacre and was one of the key events leading to the American Revolution.

What side are you on right now?

Last edited:
ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
RRRROIOOFFFFLLLLLLLLLLLLL@Dump!

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yet, endorsed personally by Trump: Steve King (R) of Iowa just lost his seat.
And, so it begins. Big.Blue.Wave.II. 2018 repeat but even bigger.

Some people are out of touch with reality in here.
I'm only too happy to shed light on it with my A.M. Microphone and formerly nicotine stained fingers.

Umm...he lost to a Pro Trump guy. I think the one out of touch is you.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Obobo,you had 8 years and ain’t do shyt to free minorities from your big government authoritarian policies on top of your mass slaughtering of blacks in Africa you caused in Lybia.

Kizz my azz!!!!

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Obobo,you had 8 years and ain’t do shyt to free minorities from your big government authoritarian policies on top of your mass slaughtering of blacks in Africa you caused in Lybia.

Kizz my azz!!!!
Advancing Equity for Women and Girls of Color. Also, the My Brother's Keeper program. Or did you mean something else? Agree on the Lybia attack being beyond horrible.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Advancing Equity for Women and Girls of Color. Also, the My Brother's Keeper program. Or did you mean something else? Agree on the Lybia attack being beyond horrible.
Well, for starters I’m thinking the program that was originally set up to counter the Civil Rights movement of the 60s to oppress minorities which is the war on drugs, that one is huge and Obobo supports that.

Next, Obobo supports government ownership of American Minorities via gun flinging beurocrats stealing the fruits of their labor oppressing the most basics of personal freedom...sending and keeping minority troops overseas to fight unjust wars putting them in harms way.

I’d say Obobo caused the death of more black people globally his 8 years than all the police did in combination nationally.

Typical stuff my brain thinks with this flickering night light that keeps hovering over it.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Anyone ever read into COINTELPRO? Yikes