ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As an example:

Trust and confidence in Police nationally remains high and stable this year at 77%, unchanged from 2015/16. This reflects respondents who said they have full or quite a lot of confidence in Police,” Mr Evans says.

Im gonna have to move to NZ, fuq the 2nd Amendment, the NYC department is more powerful than most countries on the planet and wont help anyways, lol

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As an example:

Trust and confidence in Police nationally remains high and stable this year at 77%, unchanged from 2015/16. This reflects respondents who said they have full or quite a lot of confidence in Police,” Mr Evans says.

One thing I find mighty annoying about police here are the monthly quotas when it comes to revenue collecting, or knows as distributing tickets. Its just not moral. Often, the easy way to collect revenue and meet quotas police will focus on poor communities where they are more likely to find stupid crap like broken taillights or other minor stuff. I mean, Im not against pulling people over and issuing tickets, but the whole concept of police being the armed sect and responsibility of collecting money for the town/city depending on that to make budgets is just wrong.

Where I live, if you get a speeding ticket you just plead not guilty and they will give you a broken speedometer ticket with no points on the license. Why? Because speeding ticket revenue goes to state and broken speedometer tickets goes to the local town/city so courts are corrupt and the whole system works in that favor. I mean, Im not complaining but its just screwed up. Then the cash register table being right next to the judges stand, its just nauseating.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
One thing I find mighty annoying about police here are the monthly quotas when it comes to revenue collecting, or knows as distributing tickets. Its just not moral. Often, the easy way to collect revenue and meet quotas police will focus on poor communities where they are more likely to find stupid crap like broken taillights or other minor stuff. I mean, Im not against pulling people over and issuing tickets, but the whole concept of police being the armed sect and responsibility of collecting money for the town/city depending on that to make budgets is just wrong.

Where I live, if you get a speeding ticket you just plead not guilty and they will give you a broken speedometer ticket with no points on the license. Why? Because speeding ticket revenue goes to state and broken speedometer tickets goes to the local town/city so courts are corrupt and the whole system works in that favor. I mean, Im not complaining but its just screwed up. Then the cash register table being right next to the judges stand, its just nauseating.
NZ police used to be the same some time ago, so they abolished quotas as they realised they were damaging the trust and confidence people had in police. We still issue tickets, but the dollar value has dropped and instead the points on your licence were increased to compensate.

We don't have it perfect either, but it's a good start.

Going back to the use of force thing - what people often fail to realise is that marginalized communities and people spend a fair amount of time being harassed by different agencies, whether it be police, dog control, councils, debt collection, power companies, internet providers etc. This creates resentment toward these agencies, and their natural defence is to have their guard up and start pushing back.

There's more than a few videos of police approaching someone accusingly, which causes that person to 'push back' (often verbally or start to defy instructions) which leads to police escalating their use of force (become physically rough or draw a weapon). My issue with this is that it is some people's natural reaction to 'push back', especially if they are the ones who have these agencies constantly knocking on their doors. It wears you down. The problem is, the police are more likely to shoot them due to this resistance.

If you've never been harassed numerous times per day or week from police or other agencies, then it's so easy to just say "if they had just complied they wouldnt have been shot". What they fail to see is the 3 other encounters with police that week, or the previous 100 encounters over the past year. If you got targeted that much, wouldn't you start to get annoyed and start to push back? I know I would.

It's easy being me and having a decent income because I'm never harassed by agencies due to missing bill payments, and I'm not harassed by police on a weekly basis. If I were to be stopped today, I'd be compliant. If I were to be stopped numerous times per week over the next few years, my patience would start wearing out.

My issue is that police justify pulling out their guns at the slightest resistance, without realizing they are the ones who created that resistance.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Anyone planning a trip to visit CHAZ yet? I hear its nice this time of year.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Anyone planning a trip to visit CHAZ yet? I hear its nice this time of year.
Unfortunately, I'm on the wrong side of the country. By all accounts it's been pretty chill, so far, though.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Unfortunately, I'm on the wrong side of the country. By all accounts it's been pretty chill, so far, though.
Nah, them taking over blocks of the city and a police precinct is not chill.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
What was patriotic?

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nah, them taking over blocks of the city and a police precinct is not chill.
There are still a few cops in the building to keep an eye on things. The rest pulled out to deescalate the situation. If you watch Fox, then it looks like a bunch of terrorists. If you've actually been down there (I have) it's just a bunch of activists and artists showing that peaceful protest is possible. I don't necessarily support or agree with CHAZ, and I really hate the name as it sounds like some ivy league douche, but it's not what a lot of conservative media outlets are portraying it as.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's funny how people get all up in arms over others carrying guns when the guns aren't held by white people.
Wait, wasn't the media up in arms about the white people with guns in Michigan?

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
It's funny how people get all up in arms over others carrying guns when the guns aren't held by white people.
All the people I've seen holding guns in "Chaz" are skinny, pasty, white people...

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
ok and what's the issue?
Nostrum said people are up in arms over non whites holding guns in CHAZ....so i was saying all the people I've seen holding guns are white. Nobody I've spoken to thinks this is patriotic. It wont be long before this area is taken back.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Nostrum said people are up in arms over non whites holding guns in CHAZ....so i was saying all the people I've seen holding guns are white. Nobody I've spoken to thinks this is patriotic. It wont be long before this area is taken back.
I said what?

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm glad the echo chamber agreed that this isn't something nobody here claimed it was 😂

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
It sounded like you were saying people were upset because black people were carrying guns in CHAZ. I was saying that I havent seen a single black person carrying a gun in CHAZ.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Oops haha...sorry. i thought you said that Nostrum

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn, after everything that happened these past couple weeks, if your a cop you really have to be that stupid to kill another black person? I mean, damn, if I was a cop I wouldnt be doing my job other than my patrol car running in some empty lot.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Damn, after everything that happened these past couple weeks, if your a cop you really have to be that stupid to kill another black person? I mean, damn, if I was a cop I wouldnt be doing my job other than my patrol car running in some empty lot.
Did something else happen?

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If only there were a compromise between shooting and choking black people and sitting in an empty lot...which ironically is not far off from what the latest victim of legalized murder was killed for doing.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
If only there were a compromise between shooting and choking black people and sitting in an empty lot...which ironically is not far off from what the latest victim of legalized murder was killed for doing.
He was killed for sitting? Thats not what I'm reading.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Did something else happen?
I didnt find out until late today but last night someone was shot to death in Atlanta by police for resisting arrest. Doesnt seem like they had to shoot the dude even though he was being a drunk dik.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I didnt find out until late today but last night someone was shot to death in Atlanta by police for resisting arrest. Doesnt seem like they had to shoot the dude even though he was being a drunk dik.
He resisted arrest, took a tazer than got free and started to run, stopped, turn to shoot and he was shot.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
He "disarmed" them of a taser

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He resisted arrest, took a tazer than got free and started to run, stopped, turn to shoot and he was shot.
I havent heard details of that yet had a crazy day going asian grocery shopping in the city, well across the river in Jersey lol

So the police knowingly knew the drunk guy was going to shoot them with a tazer so he got bullets in return instead? I dunno if thats a great exchange, but so many times people get themselves in bad situations. Getting yourself in a bad situation should never equate to getting killed, but bringing up just a speck of personal responsibility would get me persecuted these days.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I havent heard details of that yet had a crazy day going asian grocery shopping in the city, well across the river in Jersey lol

So the police knowingly knew the drunk guy was going to shoot them with a tazer so he got bullets in return instead? I dunno if thats a great exchange, but so many times people get themselves in bad situations. Getting yourself in a bad situation should never equate to getting killed, but bringing up just a speck of personal responsibility would get me persecuted these days.

That's why there is a need for techniques that don't escalate the situation from bad to worse. There's also apparently a need for better training so morons like this Barney Fife don't get unarmed.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I havent heard details of that yet had a crazy day going asian grocery shopping in the city, lol

So the police knowingly knew the drunk guy was going to shoot them with a tazer so he got bullets instead? I dunno if thats a great exchange, but so many time people get themselves in bad situations. Getting yourself in a bad situation should never equate to getting killed, but bringing up just a speck of personal responsibility would get me persecuted these days.

Cop that shot him wasn't the one he stole the tazer from. It was dark, he didn't know it was tazer....dude got shot.

And I immediately thought of that Chris Rock bit...

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Cop that shot him wasn't the one he stole the tazer from. It was dark, he didn't know it was tazer....dude got shot.

And I immediately thought of that Chris Rock bit...
You can clearly see in the video that the two cops are wrestling with the suspect and the shooter sees the subject take the tazer (which is bright yellow) from his partner and chases after the suspect. The officer who shot the guy still has his tazer drawn while chasing the subject, but chooses to pull his actual gun instead.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
You can clearly see in the video that the two cops are wrestling with the suspect and the shooter sees the subject take the tazer (which is bright yellow) from his partner and chases after the suspect. The officer who shot the guy still has his tazer drawn while chasing the subject, but chooses to pull his actual gun instead.
Impossible to know what the cop see's and knows. Easy to judge when you aren't in the fight.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Impossible to know what the cop see's and knows. Easy to judge when you aren't in the fight.
You just said he didn't know it was a tazer. Anybody can go watch the video and make up their own mind, but you're making it sound like this happened in a dark forest or that he wasn't on the ground before the chase trying to get the bright yellow tazer out of his hand.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
You just said he didn't know it was a tazer. Anybody can go watch the video and make up their own mind, but you're making it sound like this happened in a dark forest or that he wasn't on the ground before the chase trying to get the bright yellow tazer out of his hand.
And you're making it sound like the guy just wanted to shoot a black guy...

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
And you're making it sound like the guy just wanted to shoot a black guy...
Show me where. This guy pointed a weapon at a cop and that makes him an idiot or suicidal. Under normal circumstances the cop getting fired wouldn't have happened at all, especially not so quickly and it's a shame that this shooting is going to get the same weight as George Floyd, because it's not the same. This is an example though of why better training is needed. Watch the video and you'll see that both of those cops are lucky that he didn't grab one of their actual guns and kill them both. Had he been a different man, he might have and that should never happen with a solo public intoxication.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Show me where.
Thats why I said it "sounds" like because it is an assumption of your attitude thats impossible to prove unless you literally come out and say it.

This guy pointed a weapon at a cop and that makes him an idiot or suicidal.
True.

Under normal circumstances the cop getting fired wouldn't have happened at all, especially not so quickly and it's a shame that this shooting is going to get the same weight as George Floyd
I think George Floyd murder has a ton of weight and no sane person disagrees the guy was murdered.

This is an example though of why better training is needed.
Maybe, but its certainly not going to fix it.

Watch the video and you'll see that both of those cops are lucky that he didn't grab one of their actual guns and kill them both. Had he been a different man, he might have and that should never happen with a solo public intoxication.
Which is probably in the cops mind as well....but impossible to prove.

When you have an organization that is continually assigned the task of dealing with the day to day dehumanization of its people.... the organization will eventually become dehumanizing itself...and the fix isn't to look at the cops, even though guilty at times...but the community as a whole. Until the you change the culture of dehumanization in a nation with 390 million guns....this problem will never go away and people will constantly argue over symptoms rather than the cause....and race, rather than class will be the constant shiny object...Have a nice night.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's why there is a need for techniques that don't escalate the situation from bad to worse. There's also apparently a need for better training so morons like this Barney Fife don't get unarmed.
Here in NY King Cumho is taking the lead. Yesterday he gave every, and I mean every police police department 9 months to get with their communities and reform....no reform no more state money. Want no reform, fine but then no funding. Show reform then continue to get state funding. What reform? Well get with the communities and figure it out, there is no choice. State Police? They got their thing going too.

Im not a King Cumho guy, but he gets shyt done. He told all the protestors that they already won.