Donald Trump running for president

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Except you agree with her, no? Or are you now saying people should be ordered to stay at home?
I think its an very irresponsible message if she was informed on the potentials of the CCP virus, but other than that nobody should be ordered to stay home.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think its an very irresponsible message if she was informed on the potentials of the CCP virus, but other than that nobody should be ordered to stay home.
You've also been informed on the potentials and yet still mock the risks and people who want to minimize those risks by doing simple things like wearing a mask.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You've also been informed on the potentials and yet still mock the risks and people who want to minimize those risks by doing simple things like wearing a mask.
Well first, I dont feel the same way today as I did a couple of weeks ago about the mask. Im a little more pro mask now than I was then.

Second, although I criticized the mask my area of concern then and still is that in many if not most cases people dont wear them properly and also have the wrong type of mask on them anyways. Then the issue of handling, my big thing always was before even this virus was touching your face and I can see alot of people around me improperly handling the mask. I even saw Dump pulling his mask out on TV showing it off but handling it improperly putting his grubby fingers all inside of it.

I used to work in the mining industry so real proper mask wearing is a thing for me, if you dont wear it properly its going to give people a false sense of security. The way I see it now, if the masks can catch mist or slow it down with the breath its probably a good idea to persuade people to wear them in certain public situations in order to help reduce the spread even if its a small percentage since alot of the air usually goes out the gaps most people usually have when wearing a mask covering anyways. Its still probably worth it the way I see it today.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Well first, I dont feel the same way today as I did a couple of weeks ago about the mask. Im a little more pro mask now than I was then.

Second, although I criticized the mask my area of concern then and still is that in many if not most cases people dont wear them properly and also have the wrong type of mask on them anyways. Then the issue of handling, my big thing always was before even this virus was touching your face and I can see alot of people around me improperly handling the mask. I even saw Dump pulling his mask out on TV showing it off but handling it improperly putting his grubby fingers all inside of it.

I used to work in the mining industry so real proper mask wearing is a thing for me, if you dont wear it properly its going to give people a false sense of security. The way I see it now, if the masks can catch mist or slow it down with the breath its probably a good idea to persuade people to wear them in certain public situations in order to help reduce the spread even if its a small percentage since alot of the air usually goes out the gaps most people usually have when wearing a mask covering anyways. Its still probably worth it the way I see it today.
hospitals and doctors offices have felt that way for over a decade. if you are coughing and or sneezing they are going to give you a mask to wear.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Studies show that masks of all kinds work, obviously to different degrees depending on the type, but they all work. And Pelosi now wears a mask and recommends the same to others. So again, you agree with her.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Studies show that masks of all kinds work, obviously to different degrees depending on the type, but they all work. And Pelosi now wears a mask and recommends the same to others. So again, you agree with her.
If thats what she says of course I would agree with her.

Did these studies monitor elderly in a real format? You know, ones that re-use snot rags for months at a time and just never have the sense to be careful handling masks properly and always sanitizing their hands prior to putting their hands anywhere near the masks? Thats my concern and I doubt the studies address that. Yeah I know this virus is more of an airborn thing but anecdotally when I changed some of my habits in my lifetime I got sick less often. I cant see people like my father in law learning that sense and some other people around me.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If thats what she says of course I would agree with her.

Did these studies monitor elderly in a real format? You know, ones that re-use snot rags for months at a time and just never have the sense to be careful handling masks properly and always sanitizing their hands prior to putting their hands anywhere near the masks? Thats my concern and I doubt the studies address that. Yeah I know this virus is more of an airborn thing but anecdotally when I changed some of my habits in my lifetime I got sick less often. I cant see people like my father in law learning that sense and some other people around me.
Human trials don't lock people up in boxes for the trial, so yes, they're all real formats...

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Human trials don't lock people up in boxes for the trial, so yes, they're all real formats...
Ok, I though it would be as simple as putting someone in a lab and measuring how much virus goes airborne with various types of face coverings even improperly worn. Sounds easy to do, and it does have meaning to part of it.

I will have to look into these trials, Im not really a "science" guy but Ive learned alot all my years with supplements to make some sense out of it.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you actually know a good human trial involving people putting on casual face coverings and non-medical face masks, risks of mishandling masks with contaminated hands?

This isnt to put you on the spot but rather I go online and the first thing coming up isnt answering my questions.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Do you actually know a good human trial involving people putting on casual face coverings and non-medical face masks, risks of mishandling masks with contaminated hands?

This isnt to put you on the spot but rather I go online and the first thing coming up isnt answering my questions.
all I know is they are all NOW recommending masks

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
imagine that...if only it were the law like maybe three months ago????
I dunno its been in law for over a month now and people are still getting sick, I think 1,500 new cases today alone.

It certainly slowed down alot, but alot of that I would guess its simply and primarily the shut down laws along with most people voluntarily avoiding eachother. Not saying face coverings dont help at all but I dont think it would have made a drastic difference.

On the other hand I still also wonder if being overly cautious with society as a whole and not developing herd immunity in most healthy younger people backfires if there is a second wave. I dont think there will be answers to this just theory. Also to add, its possible getting it may not protect you from getting it again.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Maybe start here, it's a review and points to other trials https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7191274/pdf/main.pdf
The author, Raina MacIntyre, is an epidemiologist that seems to publish a lot on effectiveness of masks.

This one by her compares medical masks vs cloth in the hospital setting https://bmjopen.bmj.com/content/bmjopen/5/4/e006577.full.pdf It's no surprise that cloth did much worse, but they didn't have a "no mask" arm in the trial for comparison, since they can't ask hospital workers to wear nothing at all, but still interesting. This one might support what you're saying about mishandling as they address that cloth masks need to be cleaned or they may eventually start doing more harm than good.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I dunno its been in law for over a month now and people are still getting sick, I think 1,500 new cases today alone.

It certainly slowed down alot, but alot of that I would guess its simply and primarily the shut down laws along with most people voluntarily avoiding eachother. Not saying face coverings dont help at all but I dont think it would have made a drastic difference.

On the other hand I still also wonder if being overly cautious with society as a whole and not developing herd immunity in most healthy younger people backfires if there is a second wave. I dont think there will be answers to this just theory. Also to add, its possible getting it may not protect you from getting it again.
the problem is the 20% that won't comply, I aint wearng no damned mask.

Reactions: ax1
ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Maybe start here, it's a review and points to other trials https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7191274/pdf/main.pdf
The author, Raina MacIntyre, is an epidemiologist that seems to publish a lot on effectiveness of masks.

This one by her compares medical masks vs cloth in the hospital setting https://bmjopen.bmj.com/content/bmjopen/5/4/e006577.full.pdf It's no surprise that cloth did much worse, but they didn't have a "no mask" arm in the trial for comparison, since they can't ask hospital workers to wear nothing at all, but still interesting. This one might support what you're saying about mishandling as they address that cloth masks need to be cleaned or they may eventually start doing more harm than good.
Thanks Im going to actually read that, its a topic of interest for me.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I run into articles like this and there are controversies to wearing masks, and I know dont know these "medical experts" but to be fair I dont know any of them at all.

These articles just create confusion. Here is another article that interviews one of the docs who are saying that masks might not help on the first article and then is saying they might help in another because it depends on context https://www.mirror.co.uk/science/coronavirus-doctor-explains-pros-cons-21819875

A cloth mask is not going to help very much as far as protecting you goes. For that you want an N95, but distance is going to beat any kind of mask. A cloth mask might increase your odds a little, but it's really not meant to protect you. It's meant to prevent you from spreading disease and this became even more important when it was shown that nonsymptomatic people were spreading the disease. That's why and when it became clear that everybody needed to wear a mask.

If I'm running to the grocery store, I keep my distance and wear a cloth mask. If I have to go into a hospital, I'm wearing an N95.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

(edit: be sure to read next post before you spend time responding this one)

Im reading it, just in the beginning but it states "Medical masks were not effective, and cloth masks even less effective. "

Now how do you get less effective than not effective? LOL

It does say health care workers wearing some cloth masks may not be safe, if this translates to real world then King Cumho is misleading New Yorkers on wearing general face coverings of any kind. He should have mandated respirators and maybe even have them fit tested.

A trial we conducted in Vietnam of 2-layered cotton cloth masks compared to medical masks showed a lower rate of infection in the medical mask group, and a 13 times higher risk of infection in the cloth mask arm(21).The study suggests cloth masks may increase the risk of infection(21), but may not be generalizable to all home-made masks.

So, from here in NY the King says over and over again just wear a cloth covering of any kind and Im feeling although his intent is well he is a bit way off on that and could have done better to support his cause.

I mean if this virus is that dangerous why wouldnt you mandate factories or prisoners (thats not a joke, the King has them making hand sanitizer as we speak) make respirators and hand them out to the general public or at least get them on store shelves and distribute them in poor communities?

Or at least approve of certain type of cloth masks so people dont go out with a false sense of security and protecting others.

Last edited:
ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
These articles just create confusion. Here is another article that interviews one of the docs who are saying that masks might not help on the first article and then is saying they might help in another because it depends on context https://www.mirror.co.uk/science/coronavirus-doctor-explains-pros-cons-21819875

A cloth mask is not going to help very much as far as protecting you goes. For that you want an N95, but distance is going to beat any kind of mask. A cloth mask might increase your odds a little, but it's really not meant to protect you. It's meant to prevent you from spreading disease and this became even more important when it was shown that nonsymptomatic people were spreading the disease. That's why and when it became clear that everybody needed to wear a mask.

If I'm running to the grocery store, I keep my distance and wear a cloth mask. If I have to go into a hospital, I'm wearing an N95.
Actually, now that you state that I remember again its about protecting others. Slipped my mind. The previous studies I think were about self protection so never-mind, lol.

Last edited:
Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
(edit: be sure to read next post before you spend time responding this one)

Im reading it, just in the beginning but it states "Medical masks were not effective, and cloth masks even less effective. "

Now how do you get less effective than not effective? LOL

It does say health care workers wearing some cloth masks may not be safe, if this translates to real world then King Cumho is misleading New Yorkers on wearing general face coverings of any kind. He should have mandated respirators and maybe even have them fit tested.

A trial we conducted in Vietnam of 2-layered cotton cloth masks compared to medical masks showed a lower rate of infection in the medical mask group, and a 13 times higher risk of infection in the cloth mask arm(21).The study suggests cloth masks may increase the risk of infection(21), but may not be generalizable to all home-made masks.

So, from here in NY the King says over and over again just wear a cloth covering of any kind and Im feeling although his intent is well he is a bit way off on that and could have done better to support his cause.

I mean if this virus is that dangerous why wouldnt you mandate factories or prisoners (thats not a joke, the King has them making hand sanitizer as we speak) make respirators and hand them out to the general public or at least get them on store shelves and distribute them in poor communities?

Or at least approve of certain type of cloth masks so people dont go out with a false sense of security and protecting others.
It's like having a study looking at home security with a rifle vs a pistol and then saying that I might as well just have no gun since the study showed houses with those types of guns still got robbed. There's not going to be a clear black and white study where everybody has the same chance of getting COVID-19 and this group wears masks and this group doesn't. There has to be extrapolation, but you have to look at those leaps and decide if they're logical or bullshit.

And people are disgusting for the most part. Grown ass adults that don't wash their hands and wipe their noses on their hands. That's why I stay the hell away because I'd rather come off as rude than get sick.

Are you saying have the prisoners make cloth masks or respirators? Cloth masks seem to be available all over, at least here. I've seen a lot of clothing manufacturers switch to making them and have seen groups here offering them to the homeless. Respirators are another monster I believe. I think you have to go through all this crap https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/npptl/RespApprovalInfo.html to get them validated and approved for sale.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are you saying have the prisoners make cloth masks or respirators? Cloth masks seem to be available all over, at least here. I've seen a lot of clothing manufacturers switch to making them and have seen groups here offering them to the homeless. Respirators are another monster I believe. I think you have to go through all this crap https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/npptl/RespApprovalInfo.html to get them validated and approved for sale.
I was just suggesting since our king is already having them make other things....not really a personal choice of mine, lol.

I actually was wearing these thick stylish ones I bought home as souveneirs from China for a while, but they were warm as hell then switched to a bandanna and I had to keep adjusting it.

I just got in some cheapos in the mail the other day from SnoJoe that will serve its purpose and are far more warm weather friendly than those thick padded ones I had.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Donald Trump: Racist Scumbag

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Donald Trump: Racist Scumbag

View attachment 194261
He is coming for you! Dont blame me, I voted for Gary Johnson.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Biden could stand on Park Avenue wearing a "Bidenman" cape, and I'd still vote for him over the guy who aided in the death of 100,000 Americans and went golfing while still having children in cages; didn't build that wall, and Mexico didn't pay for any of it. You know, the guy who did this about a reporter with cerebral palsy? Let's not forget any of it.

If you still support Trump, you're a racist, so don't be a liar and deny it. I really hate lying liars.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Biden could stand on Park Avenue wearing a "Bidenman" cape, and I'd still vote for him over the guy who aided in the death of 100,000 Americans and went golfing while still having children in cages; didn't build that wall, and Mexico didn't pay for any of it. You know, the guy who did this about a reporter with cerebral palsy? Let's not forget any of it.

If you still support Trump, you're a racist, so don't be a liar and deny it. I really hate lying liars.
you are the liar!!!

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Biden was part of the administration that built the cages, so to speak.

I'm not saying Trump is great, I'm saying they are both trash.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I can't read the credit but I suspect your source may be biased.
Then find me anywhere; anyone in 8 years of Obama was convicted of anything.
Also, find your own source about all the convictions of the people involved with Trump.

"The press is the enemy of the people"
Direct quote from Trump

And, every dictator in history.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Agreed. A lot of those cages were already there, but he didn't exactly do anything to get rid of them. We need to get back to a point in our elections where at least one candidate truly resonates with us. This lesser of two evils crap needs to end.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Agreed. A lot of those cages were already there, but he didn't exactly do anything to get rid of them. We need to get back to a point in our elections where at least one candidate truly resonates with us. This lesser of two evils crap needs to end.
Until that day comes, the lessor of the two evils is a whole lot lessor of those two evils. A WHOLE LOT LESSOR.
Another 4 years of Trump and we won't have a Constitution.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Until that day comes, the lessor of the two evils is a whole lot lessor of those two evils. A WHOLE LOT LESSOR.
Maybe, but as long as we keep accepting it, there's no reason for it to stop. It's not like this is the first election where I look at the two candidates and think, "This? This is the best and brightest of us?"

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Oh and there will still be a Constitution. They find it far easier to just ignore it than amend it.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Wait wasnt there already cages during the Obobo era? Im not saying he didnt built more though, I dunno the details of all that.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Or if they make it past their primary, vote for Judge Gray and Larry Sharpe!

Heck, Id respect people more if you vote for Vermin Supreme, lol

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Or if they make it, vote for Judge Gray and Larry Sharpe!

Heck, Id respect people more if you vote for Vermin Supreme, lol
That would make sense if we were actually not a two party system of government.
Independents etc., are spoilers in elections and not much else at this point.

Big money talks and everyone else (God I hate this) walks.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

The two party duopoly system is only the fault of the majority of voters, thats all there is too it. We can destroy it.

But yeah money is a huge problem.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Actually 3rd party voters usually say their second choice is "no one" so the 3rd party candidate typically doesn't take votes from either of the big guys, they bring in voters that would otherwise stay home.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Actually 3rd party voters usually say their second choice is "no one" so the 3rd party candidate typically doesn't take votes from either of the big guys, they bring in voters that would otherwise stay home.
You also cant assume that even if they did hit the voting booth and 3rd+ options were abolished that the candidate you think they will vote for is automatic.

If I had a gun to my head, my deciding factor would probably start with who showed least resistance, least opposition to the idea of having 3rd+ options above all else and had more respect to the process. Then next would be who least support mass murder, but that should be predictable from me by now, lol.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Another good exemplary work in leadership in a time of crisis by King Cumho. Yeah, I cant stand him but he sure in hell gives me more confidence than Dump for various reasons including as to his side of the phased re-opening.

Out of Wall Street where he re-opened the Stock Exchange today starts 4:30 he eventually gets into the rebuilding countrie's infrastructure and pulling out of the fiscal crisis which he says alot of things I like even though I prefer alternative methods.

Last edited:
ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Vermin Supreme 2020! Get your free pony, fight climate change with a pony based economy!

He is dead serious this time.

IMG_7400.JPG