Donald Trump running for president

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I think a oversized ego is mandatory for becoming president....seriously the only one I can think of who didn't have a super ego is jimmy carter, and even his is probably above average.

I keep telling you that it is my borderline hatred of democrats that keeps me in trumps corner.

i had several invites to go to the indy 500 today, but decided to spend the day with grandkids. i did watch it on tv though....all of those people there and not one i saw wasn't standing for both GOD BLESS AMERICA AND THE NATIONAL ANTHEM....MUST NOT HAVE BEEN ANY DEMOCRATS THERE, LOL.
If a Republican primaries Trump, will you vote against Donald Trump in the primary?

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If a Republican primaries Trump, will you vote against Donald Trump in the primary?
Good question! It will be interesting who steps up for the challenge. Personally, I'd vote for Bill Weld.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Stalin’s come up was an unfortunate one after WWI. There was a struggle between communism and a sort of democracy. We all know how that played.

Any of you guys like history Dan Carlin’s Hardcore History is an amazing podcast. WWI is incredibly fascinating. It’s also about 20 hours of material on that war alone.
Did you get a chance to watch Peter Jackson's "They Shall Not Grow Old" at the movie theaters in 3D? It was absolutely incredible!

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Did you get a chance to watch Peter Jackson's "They Shall Not Grow Old" at the movie theaters in 3D? It was absolutely incredible!
I don’t know how that flew under my radar. I didn’t see it but I just looked it up and I really want to. Looks freaking awesome!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
80% of college graduates will never pay off tuition debt...and that is the ones who do graduate.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have any of you guys been watching youtube videos of Jeff at ATHLEAN-X?

Damn I found him about a week ago, he is one pretty good teacher and he has alot of training/nutrition video's posted, I mean alot and all for free! He blends extensive physical therapy knowledge into this bodybuilding/athletic programs.

edit: This is still a bodybuilding forum, right? LOL!

Last edited:
rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
80% of college graduates will never pay off tuition debt...and that is the ones who do graduate.
Where did you get that number? I would be intrigued to see that go even further and break it down into degree field. Having just graduated college with no parental help and no government aid, I think that college can still be done somewhat reasonably cost wise if you have half a brain going into it. I definitely think it should be cheaper, but >$100k in student loan debt for a 4 year degree is incredibly dumb to me.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Have any of you guys been watching youtube videos of Jeff at ATHLEAN-X?

Damn I found him about a week ago, he is one pretty good teacher and he has alot of training/nutrition video's posted, I mean alot and all for free! He blends extensive physical therapy knowledge into this bodybuilding/athletic programs.

edit: This is still a bodybuilding forum, right? LOL!

He does love to use those markers on himself lol. I've seen a few of his videos and he has some great tips, but there's something about him that annoys me. I can't quite put my finger on it...it might be that fake youtube energy.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I know a lot of people who didn't even try to pay them back. They just defaulted on the loans. A lot of people default on loans or don't pay debts in general and get out of it through bankruptcy, which I don't believe works for student loans. This link says that the student loan default rate is only around 10% though https://www.ed.gov/news/press-releases/national-student-loan-cohort-default-rate-falls

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know a lot of people who didn't even try to pay them back. They just defaulted on the loans. A lot of people default on loans or don't pay debts in general and get out of it through bankruptcy, which I don't believe works for student loans. This link says that the student loan default rate is only around 10% though https://www.ed.gov/news/press-releases/national-student-loan-cohort-default-rate-falls
I know someone recently who got a mortgage and house who defaulted on their student loans over a decade ago. They made a few payments and just simply couldn't handle it any more and gave up at that time. Occasionally they get a collection notice, but when it came to the mortgage and even getting alot of credit cards what happened that long ago doesnt even matter anymore. The bank had no idea he was over 22k in debt. He does file some "injured spouse" form for his taxes or his wife's return doesnt get to her, lol. He owes in taxes every year anyways and doesnt hasnt lost a penny do to the loans. They never filed for bankruptcy or anything like that.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I know someone recently who got a mortgage and house who defaulted on their student loans over a decade ago. They made a few payments and just simply couldn't handle it any more and gave up at that time. Occasionally they get a collection notice, but when it came to the mortgage and even getting alot of credit cards what happened that long ago doesnt even matter anymore. The bank had no idea he was over 22k in debt. He does file some "injured spouse" form for his taxes or his wife's return doesnt get to her, lol. He owes in taxes every year anyways and doesnt hasnt lost a penny do to the loans. They never filed for bankruptcy or anything like that.
Well ****, I should have just did that lol.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I guess college education is already free, unless you are alek---:)

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We all pay for college one way or another even if we dont go, lol.

Cant figure out how its moral to charge unemployed seniors school tax when they arent popping babies anytime soon.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Where did you get that number? I would be intrigued to see that go even further and break it down into degree field. Having just graduated college with no parental help and no government aid, I think that college can still be done somewhat reasonably cost wise if you have half a brain going into it. I definitely think it should be cheaper, but >$100k in student loan debt for a 4 year degree is incredibly dumb to me.
not sure where I got that number but apparently it is wrong....google-projections for student loan defaults.

here is my take...a loan company or the government should look at courses to be taken, degree to be earned and job opportunities in that field along with income potential, BEFORE granting the loan.

if I want to get a loan I have to show sufficient assets to cover loan and or income ability to repay loan....it is stupid to give a kid $100k loan when earning potential from degree will be $30-40k starting out even if they find a job in that field.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
We all pay for college one way or another even if we dont go, lol.

Cant figure out how its moral to charge unemployed seniors school tax when they arent popping babies anytime soon.
probably 40-50% of college students shouldn't be, imo.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
not sure where I got that number but apparently it is wrong....google-projections for student loan defaults.

here is my take...a loan company or the government should look at courses to be taken, degree to be earned and job opportunities in that field along with income potential, BEFORE granting the loan.

if I want to get a loan I have to show sufficient assets to cover loan and or income ability to repay loan....it is stupid to give a kid $100k loan when earning potential from degree will be $30-40k starting out even if they find a job in that field.
I remember that airplane crash in Buffalo NY a few years back....one of the last thinga the pilot was talking about with the co-pilot on the black box was how tired he was because they work as a waiter at a diner between shifts so he can pay for his loans. Real sad.

There is no reason we cant have our State Universities be far more affordable, but they are all corrupt money gobbling cesspools that prioritize anything but affordable schooling.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Anything is "free" if you don't care about stealing lol. I've said it before, I'm all in favor of reducing education costs going forward, but everybody needs to pay back what they have borrowed. I was a complete idiot child when I first started taking loans out for school, but I am still responsible for them whether I was naive or not.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Anything is "free" if you don't care about stealing lol. I've said it before, I'm all in favor of reducing education costs going forward, but everybody needs to pay back what they have borrowed. I was a complete idiot child when I first started taking loans out for school, but I am still responsible for them whether I was naive or not.
IDK I consider it predatory lending and I think at least a good portion of the interest should be wiped and interest already paid should be counted against the principle. Banks have profited more than enough on youthful naivete already.

Just my .02

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I remember that airplane crash in Buffalo NY a few years back....one of the last thinga the pilot was talking about with the co-pilot on the black box was how tired he was because they work as a waiter at a diner between shifts so he can pay for his loans. Real sad.

There is no reason we cant have our State Universities be far more affordable, but they are all corrupt money gobbling cesspools that prioritize anything but affordable schooling.
IDK I consider it predatory lending and I think at least a good portion of the interest should be wiped and interest already paid should be counted against the principle. Banks have profited more than enough on youthful naivete already.

Just my .02
and democrats want 16 year olds to vote, lol....youthful naivete-how ironic.:)

what if the loan was for a car......?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
much respect...(y)

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Just my .02
Yeah, I'd be in favor of improving interest, but the principle at the very least needs to be paid back. They're pretty bad loans for anybody to sign up for, let alone kids.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looks like prezydental candidate DeFuqusallio is one committed gym rat :)

IMG_3749.JPG

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

View attachment 183390

View attachment 183390
politicians from NY and California march to the beat of a different drummer...fly over states won't go for that nonsense. I guess that is why democrats are pushing for an end to electoral college, it seems most of the democratic headliners are from those states or close proximity.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

View attachment 183390
Distractions. Memorials are meaningless if our government keeps selling weapons to the country that funded 9/11. Somehow it's horrible that the mayor didn't show up (and it is), but it's ok that our President lets the funders of the event pull his strings.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
politicians from NY and California march to the beat of a different drummer...fly over states won't go for that nonsense. I guess that is why democrats are pushing for an end to electoral college, it seems most of the democratic headliners are from those states or close proximity.
A lot of those fly over states are going to be hurting even more if these Mexico tariffs go through!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
A lot of those fly over states are going to be hurting even more if these Mexico tariffs go through!
if trump were serious about hurting mexico all he needs to do is put 25% tariff on all money being sent from here to mexico...they would be on their knees in minutes-I would bet on it

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
11 dead at virginia beach...really sad.😔

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
if trump were serious about hurting mexico all he needs to do is put 25% tariff on all money being sent from here to mexico...they would be on their knees in minutes-I would bet on it
Maybe using Trump's understanding of tariffs, but that's not how they work. A 25% tariff is paid by whoever is importing the goods here, not the by the country they're coming from. And like any company, that increase gets added onto the price consumers pay, equaling less cash to spend in our economy on other products. And all that money that is getting collected as a tariff? Well currently we've paid out more to bail out farmers than we've even taken in as shown here: https://www.cfr.org/blog/130-percent-trumps-china-tariff-revenue-now-going-angry-farmers

Now with Mexico, he's going to screw the automobile industry and, yet again, farmers.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Distractions. Memorials are meaningless if our government keeps selling weapons to the country that funded 9/11. Somehow it's horrible that the mayor didn't show up (and it is), but it's ok that our President lets the funders of the event pull his strings.
Unfortunately Dump's weapon sales and foreign interventionist policies Im very certain he has the death and blood than far more children than all the victims of 9/11. No ceremonials for foreign babies though.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Maybe using Trump's understanding of tariffs, but that's not how they work. A 25% tariff is paid by whoever is importing the goods here, not the by the country they're coming from. And like any company, that increase gets added onto the price consumers pay, equaling less cash to spend in our economy on other products. And all that money that is getting collected as a tariff? Well currently we've paid out more to bail out farmers than we've even taken in as shown here: https://www.cfr.org/blog/130-percent-trumps-china-tariff-revenue-now-going-angry-farmers

Now with Mexico, he's going to screw the automobile industry and, yet again, farmers.
Tariffs are just another indirect way to make money off of the tax payer. Its like taking out the taxes before the junk hits the shelves, and then paying for taxes again when you buy it on money you earned that was taxed agaisnt your will, what a con.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

ok, forget about tariff...add a 25% tax on every dollar being wired to mexico---

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ok, forget about tariff...add a 25% tax on every dollar being wired to mexico---
That makes more sense, but it sound brutal for everyday citizens and small/middle business regardless of what country they are from. Mexican government and most of the elite will get by just fine.

It’s extremely easy to bypass with Bitcoin and other crypto currencies anyways thank goodness but poor people will be hit the hardest.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Remittance tax doesn't work. Also, if you want to reduce the amount of money that gets sent back to families to take care of them in whichever country they're currently in, guess where they're going to go.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That makes more sense, but it sound brutal for everyday citizens and small/middle business regardless of what country they are from. Mexican government and most of the elite will get by just fine.

It’s extremely easy to bypass with Bitcoin and other crypto currencies anyways thank goodness but poor people will be hit the hardest.
Exactly. And they're going to start walking north when they have nothing left to lose.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

poor americans are hit the hardest by illegal immigration. if illegals weren't filling low paying jobs they wouldn't be as low paying-supply and demand.

I can remember a time when even companies like mcdonalds and Walmart valued employees and had to compete to get them/keep them.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
poor americans are hit the hardest by illegal immigration. if illegals weren't filling low paying jobs they wouldn't be as low paying-supply and demand.

I can remember a time when even companies like mcdonalds and Walmart valued employees and had to compete to get them/keep them.
Almost nobody is enforcing the laws, here in NY now they are about to allow illegal aliens to obtain NYS Driver Licenses.

Then when you do have a wall, the next leader (news, your Repubicrats wont always be in power) will let them flood in through the front gate anyways just like Barry did.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Almost nobody is enforcing the laws, here in NY now they are about to allow illegal aliens to obtain NYS Driver Licenses.

Then when you do have a wall, the next leader (news, your Repubicrats wont always be in power) will let them flood in through the front gate anyways just like Barry did.
...the UNITED STATES OF MEXICO.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Isn’t it bothersome that Thanos has a better grasp of supply and demand than our leaders?

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
...the UNITED STATES OF MEXICO.
Yes, there will be a day English will be every-bodies second language, lol Maybe 3rd since Mandarin may top english here.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yes, there will be a day English will be every-bodies second language, lol Maybe 3rd since Mandarin may top english here.
I guess many democrats would be happy living under the Chinese, they don't seem to like free enterprise.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I guess many democrats would be happy living under the Chinese, they don't seem to like free enterprise.
How so? Seems like the Republicans are fine giving and taking welfare and just calling it something else to create the illusion of free enterprise. You support Trump doing everything possible to dictate how US companies are operating, so how is that free enterprise?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
How so? Seems like the Republicans are fine giving and taking welfare and just calling it something else to create the illusion of free enterprise. You support Trump doing everything possible to dictate how US companies are operating, so how is that free enterprise?
US companies seem to be doing fine...I don't support everything trump does, but I really don't like what democrats are proposing. I am totally against open borders.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You are both right. If you listen to some of Tucker Carlson’s thoughts they align very much so with Bernie.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Well they're both morons and hypocrites, so sure lol
Well yes.

Another odd one I notice that gets overlooked is the annoying judge mental people that try to force their ways on people could easily be the religious right and the progressive left.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Well yes.

Another odd one I notice that gets overlooked is the annoying judge mental people that try to force their ways on people could easily be the religious right and the progressive left.
Absolutely. Some people at the ends of the spectrum want everybody else to follow their way of thinking while the majority is just trying to live their lives.