doing HIIT on empty stomach in morning

pinchharmonic

pinchharmonic

Awards
  • Established
Hi, new here. In a nutshell, I'm cutting and doing a low carb diet. Not keto, about 75-100 grams a day, with 200-250 grams of protein and 50 grams of fats.

I've been trying the HIIT on an empty stomach in the morning and I like it because it energizes me for the rest of the day. I've been ttaking the following before my HIIT:
bcaa - 7 grams
glutamine - 7 grams
REDuction
green tea
acetyl l-carnitine 2 grams

I read that just leucine is what most take before cardio, but I read somewhere else that the aminos should be taken in proprotion to one another, so if too much leucine is taking at once, it can degrade the absorption of the other bcaas, any truth to this? I'm going to keep the entire HIIT session at about 26 minutes, so maybe I don't need to take anything at all?

My plan is also to workout in the evenings, so I'd do HIIT in the morning, and the weight training would come about 8-10 hours later. I noticed some people swear by doing them on different days, what are the thoughts on that?

Thanks everyone,

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
don't need to take anything at all
WORD.

This has been beaten to death, some people say you need BCAAs, some say a protein shake, some say a meal, some like me, take nothing before HIT in the morning.

Do HIT on an empty stomach, if it's not working for you, then take some BCAA's or protein or something, it's that simple.

Glow

Awards
Not so sure but if you are already having your HIIT on an empty stomach and it keeps you energised the whole day, I think you should continue unless of course you want to get different results. I love what you take before HIIT 7 grams glutamine and 7 grams bcaa is something I should try in the next couple of days.

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I always do HIIT cardio on a empty stomach.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't stress the grams of BCAA's ingested at one specific time. Leucine is king when it comes to BCAA's, but a 4:1:1 or 2:1:1 ratio is the most common that you can buy. Definitely not something to be concerned about though.

My only suggestion/recommendation is to make sure you are eating an adequate post workout meal. If you lift at night and do your HIIT first thing in the morning, be sure you are refueling your body after training to be sure you are recovering. But if HIIT first thing is in AM works with your schedule and your lifestyle, do it.

Again, don't overthink catabolism and muscle loss. If you're eating properly during the rest of the day, a short 20-30 minute HIIT session will not eat up all of your gains