Does DHEA belong in a pct??

Humbl3

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I’m arguing with my brother at the moment about whether DHEA belongs in a PCT from a 1-Andro cycle. I’m saying no .
What is all of your guys options please

Last edited:

Humbl3

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Just your dudes opinion....
it’s not biblical

Fly_boy

Fly_boy

Awards
No. When you’re trying to get your hormones back up to normal levels it doesn’t make sense to add more hormones. Impact is probably small but will not help the overall goal of getting HPTA working again. Not rocket science, just logic.

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Dhea can supposedly cause the neg feedback loop and reduce luteinising hormone, not something you want when trying to jumpstart your balls. As @Fly_boy points out you don't want to add any exogenous hormones when you want your to resume making it's own. I personally would not risk a failed pct for the very small potential benefit that may not even be attainable

nikosktm

nikosktm

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i agree with all of you .. and i want to mark that oral dhea is useless ,transdermal is the way to go .

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I too say no. On cycle I definitely like it

Humbl3

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Thanks man.
My bro is fuking up by running it during pct but I can’t convince him otherwise. 😑

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks man.
My bro is fuking up by running it during pct but I can’t convince him otherwise.
When his plums look like raisins 2 months later, he'll come around to your way of thinking

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
No....and I can’t stand seeing otherwise decent looking ‘post cycle products’ then go and include 50-100mg dhea as the last ingredient.

Humbl3

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I’ll try to talk with him again but..... ya know.

I friggn told him.

Dumb **** doesn’t understand why his labs are still F’d up 🙄

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Don’t feel too bad, I recently got into it on some random dudes YouTube channel...(he’s not bigtime or anything) Basically he was stacking rad and osta for 12 weeks and was just going with whatever companies ‘herbal pct blend’ ...I said in comments a serm was a must and dumbasss others tried to say I was wrong 🤣 Literally one guy wrote, “why are you talking about serms, it’s sarms” 🤦‍♂️

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Don’t feel too bad, I recently got into it on some random dudes YouTube channel...(he’s not bigtime or anything) Basically he was stacking rad and osta for 12 weeks and was just going with whatever companies ‘herbal pct blend’ ...I said in comments a serm was a must and dumbasss others tried to say I was wrong 🤣 Literally one guy wrote, “why are you talking about serms, it’s sarms” 🤦‍♂️
LOL.

A guy online once tried to tell me that a certain football team's dominance was because they were on Otarine.

LOL

Last edited:
Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hahah that’s too much

“Yea bud, it’s just osta” lmao

Humbl3

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Osta bottle I have laying around 👀

View attachment 201986
Damn brother, how old is that bottle? I haven’t heard of people trying use Osta in a PCT for like seven years.
Folks were lame and uniformed when SARMS first hit the boards.
Everybody said use it in PCT LOLF.
Until they notice their balls kept shrinking

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Damn brother, how old is that bottle? I haven’t heard of people trying use Osta in a PCT for like seven years.
Folks were lame and uniformed when SARMS first hit the boards.
Everybody said use it in PCT LOLF.
Until they notice their balls kept shrinking
It's not that old, can't remember exactly. Under 3 years at least. I think the product is still being sold with same looking label. Not sure if the pct part is still there, but I'm guessing it is.

What a versatile product. Makes football teams dominate the field and can still be used on pct. I would still play it safe and take Arimistane after it like a week or two 😜

Last edited:

Humbl3

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I love osta but I’m also on trt for life ....so that helps a lot

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Ok ok, I'll stop trolling 😄

Disclaimer; Osta is not for pct and Arimistane is just weak as AI's go. For whoever might end up reading this. Lol

Last edited:

Humbl3

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Ok ok, I'll stop trolling 😄

Disclaimer; Osta is not for pct and Arimistane is for nothing. For whoever might end up reading this. Lol
🙂 you’re a good man and I don’t think you’re trolling I just don’t agree with OSTA being in a PCT that all. 👊🏻

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
🙂 you’re a good man and I don’t think you’re trolling I just don’t agree with OSTA being in a PCT that all. 👊🏻
But that's exactly what I think too. And it should be obvious that Osta does not belong in pct, but as we've seen in Reddit and youtube and such, people don't understand. And then there's the brands/retailers misleading people.

I was just goofin' around 🙃

Last edited:
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
But that's exactly what I think too. And it should be obvious, but as we've seen in Reddit and youtube and such, people don't understand. And then there's the brands/retailers misleading people.

I was just goofin' around 🙃
i have seen some of the stuff they post at reddit, i would take with a couple thousand grains of salt.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
DHEA -> mo’ estrogenz -> negative HPTA feedback for test production

Malbranque

Malbranque

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Megabump ahoy! (Parrrrrp)
Okay, I'm so confused about DHEA. Can anyone tell me why DHEA is in Nolvadren XT (a PCT supplement), if DHEA is not to be used in PCT?
I've a friend who runs MRM's DHEA at 50mg pretty much continuously and he feels great, so I'm absolutely stumped as to what's right and what's wrong with regards this supp?

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Okay, I'm so confused about DHEA. Can anyone tell me why DHEA is in Nolvadren XT (a PCT supplement), if DHEA is not to be used in PCT?
I've a friend who runs MRM's DHEA at 50mg pretty much continuously and he feels great, so I'm absolutely stumped as to what's right and what's wrong with regards this supp?
Because Nolvadren XT isn't a good pct supplement. Isn't it marketed as more of a test booster? Anyway dhea is mildly suppressive and it does not belong to pct. No need for confusion.

nikosktm

nikosktm

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i found some articles about dhea,and how dhea can reduce cortisol. but 1) dhea oral is waste of money and 2) it is not proven anticortisol. i bet that this is the reason for the dhea's addition to nolvadren xt.the put for anti estrogen pine bark instead of arimistane ,and they replaced 7 keto with dhea.. i dont understand why they did this..

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
i found some articles about dhea,and how dhea can reduce cortisol. but 1) dhea oral is waste of money and 2) it is not proven anticortisol. i bet that this is the reason for the dhea's addition to nolvadren xt.
7Keto DHEA is NOT suppressive and does lower cortisol. You have to use a lot orally because it’s not very bioavailable, but there are also some transdermal and injectable versions of it out there, like Iron Legion and Amino Asylum respectively if I recall right.

I would absolutely choose that over DHEA in PCT if looking for cortisol control (due to estrogen from DHEA being suppressive as previously discussed).

Or you could do the really simple thing and just take some vitamin C & ashwaganda a couple times a day and keep some carbs in your meals, but to each his own. I think SNS makes a solid cortisol control oral product.

nikosktm

nikosktm

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
7Keto DHEA is NOT suppressive and does lower cortisol. You have to use a lot orally because it’s not very bioavailable, but there are also some transdermal and injectable versions of it out there, like Iron Legion and Amino Asylum respectively if I recall right.

I would absolutely choose that over DHEA in PCT if looking for cortisol control (due to estrogen from DHEA being suppressive as previously discussed).

Or you could do the really simple thing and just take some vitamin C & ashwaganda a couple times a day and keep some carbs in your meals, but to each his own. I think SNS makes a solid cortisol control oral product.
i agree with you. im talking about man sports nolvadren xt ,and why they replaced arimistane with DHEA

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
i found some articles about dhea,and how dhea can reduce cortisol. but 1) dhea oral is waste of money and 2) it is not proven anticortisol. i bet that this is the reason for the dhea's addition to nolvadren xt.the put for anti estrogen pine bark instead of arimistane ,and they replaced 7 keto with dhea.. i dont understand why they did this..
You are correct in that on the label the DHEA is under "Cortisol control" heading.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar

Rob from the IF told me the 7-keto is not particulary strong on cort control. It does have cort lowering quality, but the main reason for adding it in A7 for example is the thermogenic effect (I think). You didn't say anything about the 7-keto efficency on cort control, so this is not an argument of any kind.

The SNS Reduce XT has 7-alpha-hydroxy-dhea and 7-beta-hydroxy-dhea. Do you think those should be stronger for lowering cortisol and have better bioavailability, than 7-keto-dhea? Aren't the alpha and beta hydroxy dhea's metabolites of the 7-keto?

So you're saying C vitamin and carbs lower cortisol? (I know Ashwagandha does). Or what do you mean with the last paragraph?

Last edited:
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Rob from the IF told me the 7-keto is not particulary strong on cort control. It does have cort lowering quality, but the main reason for adding it in A7 for example is the thermogenic effect (I think). You didn't say anything about the 7-keto efficency on cort control, so this is not an argument of any kind.

The SNS Reduce XT has 7-alpha-hydroxy-dhea and 7-beta-hydroxy-dhea. Do you think those should be stronger for lowering cortisol and have better bioavailability, than 7-keto-dhea? Aren't the alpha and beta hydroxy dhea's metabolites of the 7-keto?

So you're saying C vitamin and carbs lower cortisol? (I know Ashwagandha does). Or what do you mean with the last paragraph?
yes, this is why invictus and vii kt are so good together as a fatloss combo-invictus for belly fat[cortisol] and vii kt to speed up metabolism.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Please do not post pics of your brother's testicles.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

That makes sense to me. Yes they do; worth a quick read.

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Dosage on dhea matters alot. I have used 5mg 1x daily before bed which helped alot with sleep quality. Sublingual also. Any higher than that yes will aromatize to estrogen. Initial conv may be androgenic hormones then the spillover to rest.. 5mg was recommended by ray peat and i have used it that way without any issues

MrFlexo

MrFlexo

Awards
I’m arguing with my brother at the moment about whether DHEA belongs in a PCT from a 1-Andro cycle. I’m saying no .
What is all of your guys options please
DHEA is to help you on cycle with dry compounds. Do not take for PCT because it will suppress instead of help your body make it's own hormones. The best PCT will include clomid, exemestane, and HCG.

cronikgains

cronikgains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nothing against dermacrine, but I don't even understand why dhea is used as a test base when we have 4-andro available.

As others have said, it doesn't make sense to add dhea in pct when trying to get your natural production back up and running properly. I wouldn't risk it. Go with a serm and good test booster like m-test or sustain alpha. I've seen a few OTC pct products and test boosters that have dhea - avoid them for PCT.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Nothing against dermacrine, but I don't even understand why dhea is used as a test base when we have 4-andro available.

As others have said, it doesn't make sense to add dhea in pct when trying to get your natural production back up and running properly. I wouldn't risk it. Go with a serm and good test booster like m-test or sustain alpha. I've seen a few OTC pct products and test boosters that have dhea - avoid them for PCT.
Many 4-DHEA Products are Total Garbage.
That's why many use Dermacrine, and why I continue to recommend it.
It works.

cronikgains

cronikgains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Many 4-DHEA Products are Total Garbage.
That's why many use Dermacrine, and why I continue to recommend it.
It works.
When I learned about prohormones on another (now gone) forum, dhea was always dismissed as trash so I'm still skeptical. But, I know you know way more about this stuff than me so I won't argue.. I guess I'll have to try it one day.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
When I learned about prohormones on another (now gone) forum, dhea was always dismissed as trash so I'm still skeptical. But, I know you know way more about this stuff than me so I won't argue.. I guess I'll have to try it one day.

Let me clarify....
The main reason I recommend Dermacrine for a "Base" isn't for Test, but for Estrogen.
Many times when guys start getting sides from on a (non-Test) cycle isn't from a lack of Test, but from a lack of Estrogen.

I haven't used Dermacrine in quite a while, but I have used it on cycles up to SD, and it certainly helped.

As far as oral DHEA goes, I keep it in my cabinet, but only as an emergency Estrogen source.

Testosterone is Always the best "base".

Last edited:
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
dermacrine is same formula for well over 10 years and is still a top seller...many solid reviews.

same can be said for sustain alpha.

with that said i would NOT recommend demacrine for pct, on the other hand sustain alpha is terrific for pct.