Does anyone use cash anymore?

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
With all of the threads about electronic money i was wondering if people still use cash (paper and coin) anymore. Hell i got a debit card less then 2yrs ago.

mickc1965

mickc1965

Awards
  • Established
Rarely, in fact took £300 out the other day to pay for a new house alarm to be fitted then took it back to the bank and paid it in as paid fitter by BACS

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The only cash I have carried in the last 15 years is for tips. I like to tip in cash, but every single other thing is on cards. Hell, I have 53 people in Venmo because no one else carries cash either and we all just square up that way. lol

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I do when traveling for tips (valet, hotel, etc), but typically I cards. I will try and use cash if shopping at small independently-owned stores so they can keep more of the money.

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
I will try and use cash if shopping at small independently-owned stores so they can keep more of the money.
I do that with my mechanic and tattoo guy....both are small biz owners but do grest and fair price work

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Depends on what I’m doing, I typically only have cash but if I’m going somewhere with the kiddo where I know I’ll need cash I’ll take some out. Problem is if I do t spend it then it sits in my wallet forever.

maggie.stine

maggie.stine

Awards
It depends on what type of transaction am I going to have. I still bring cash wherever I go and so as a credit card. LOL

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I use cash for everything but gas and food shopping (Most of the time)
Nothing like taking out a wad of cash to pay for something

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I only use cash when a place just doesn’t accept anything else, even then I have to go find an ATM first because I never just carry cash. Lol

Max.1

Awards
I usually don't use cash but I feel like it's a bad thing. I have the impression that I tend to spend more money if I don't actually see how it goes away... When I was paying with cash I used to carry a certain amount with me that I wanted to spent and if something cost more than the money I had with me I just couldn't buy it. Now I don't really think about how much money I want to spend anymore and just pay with my credit card.. Is it just me or does any one else have similar experiences?

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I usually don't use cash but I feel like it's a bad thing. I have the impression that I tend to spend more money if I don't actually see how it goes away... When I was paying with cash I used to carry a certain amount with me that I wanted to spent and if something cost more than the money I had with me I just couldn't buy it. Now I don't really think about how much money I want to spend anymore and just pay with my credit card.. Is it just me or does any one else have similar experiences?
Exactly ?

If I was having a big night, I could put away $150-200.

Now you can buy rounds and double it, even worse most don't check what they're being charged for.

Max.1

Awards
Exactly ��

If I was having a big night, I could put away $150-200.

Now you can buy rounds and double it, even worse most don't check what they're being charged for.

Good to hear that it's not only me :wink1: Really difficult to keep an overview on how much you spent... and it's really bad with drinks, 'cause I also don't need to stop when I've had enough any more... Like when you pay with cash you can think about how much you're gonna drink before you go out and by the amount of money you have with you you have a limit... But now - there are no limits :D

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I rarely use cash now, i never have any on me which makes it a pain when you do actually need some. Virtually everyone has electronic payments though, even taxi's in london....

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I always use cash to pay for everything. I try not to use credit/debit cards unless it's on-line purchases.....I feel like it's a lot easier to budget the money when you have cash, credit cards fly through those machines too easy

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I personally dont use cash much. But I work at a supplement store and I notice an uptake in cash usage the further we get from pay day.

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
That was my worst time was...booze, credit card and strippers.....

bruno.camilo

bruno.camilo

Awards
  • Established
How u gonna pay the hookers?

But usually i use bit coins :saeek:

Testing1234

Awards
only for fast food and the dollar store. That and if I hire someone on craigslist to do something.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I use cash for almost everything, I have worked side jobs cash only and my family has several restruants. If I'm going out to dinner which I do often it's always cash. Your servers and bartender appreciate it. Most restruants tip there service with the cash overflow so if everything is charged then the servers have to wait for till the following day. If I didn't grow up in that environment then I probably would not think anything about it. Every1 should keep that in mind when they dine out