Does anyone download songs anymore?

good_guye28

Awards
  • Established
I have been wanting to download but have been worried about the fines that they have been giving people.

If you do download who do you use? I use to use kazaa but the pop ups were unreal... anyone use anything else.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
I have been using real players pay service.. 99 cents a song is not that bad and I get damn good quality and fast downloads.. but that is me...

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
I use limewire pretty fast, and i haven't had any pop up ads.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Shareaza here, just got a bunch of STP, and the new Breaking Benjamin.. :thumbsup:

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Shareaza here, just got a bunch of STP, and the new Breaking Benjamin.. :thumbsup:
Is that what you play when you dress up in those black leather pants and pink button up shirt? :whip: :trout:

cr4ytonic

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I use poisoned on my mac (connected by my asshole neighbor's network, hope the RIAA busts the cop-calling losers)

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
Yup...I use WinMX too.
From what I understand, as long as you don't have any file sharing (people downloading FROM your PC) you should be ok. Plus, I haven't heard much about them going after people anymore.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
Bearshare. Get hella pop ups b/c of its use though
Sage

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
I am still using Kaz. lite. They seem to have less and less of a selection and when you download a new song, more times than not there is a bunch a scrambled garbage in the middle on the song.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Just got some Black Sabbath....Good training music... Kazaa-lite for me..

SCORPIO

Awards
  • Established
I use Kazza media desktop and Winmx. DLed some Life of Agony last week. Quick and easy DL's.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Kazaa lite. I have been using that for a long time now.

Sheesh

Awards
  • Established
I used to use Kazaa Lite, but the quality of that network has really deteriorated. Now I use Limewire.

kmac6225

king of useless information!!!
Awards
  • Established
shareaza is king in my opinion. I've used Winmx and kazaa but quality of files and pop-ups were regoddamndiculous

Sheesh

Awards
  • Established
How's the Limewire?

I love Limewire. Great download speeds and great quality music (the majority are over 128 kbps [i tend to go with 192 kbps though]). Over the past two weeks since I've been using it, I've probably downloaded over a hundred songs, and not a single one has been fake or scrambled as with alot of the files on Kazaa these days.

The fact that there's no bundled Spy-Ware or pop-ups also helps its case. :thumbsup:

Ibanez

Awards
I still use Kazaa Lite ++, an improvement over older versions. However, the speeds are a little slow though. I'll eventually get around and get a better program.

Dan

Awards
Bump on Breaking, say whatever you want about leather pants, but they rock. BTW, what else do you guys listen to while working out? I don't really follow the music industry much, and I'm trying to find some new bands to listen to.

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
I use torrent. Can't remember the last time I used kazaa. I think I have all the individual songs I ever wanted and now just get whole cd's from torrent. Some buddies and I also use a program called waste, which is nice. It's just a handfull of us linked together and it's like borrowings games, music, and movies between friends.