Doctor wants to put me on trt at 18

NATURALLYHARD

Awards
  • Established
I had my blood work done my free test is 48.2 pl/ml. That's low for a 18 year old I stopped having morning erections its a huge concern for me.I have been lifting for a year my deadlift is 500 pounds my squat is 350-400 my bench is only 190 I weigh 220 and 6,3. I take test boosters as of recently DAA,TRIBULUS,l,argine/citruline! Is TRT my only option?,will it permanently shut down my Natrual test? I also don't have facial hair or barely any hair on my legs

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I had my blood work done my free test is 48.2 pl/ml. That's low for a 18 year old I stopped having morning erections its a huge concern for me.I have been lifting for a year my deadlift is 500 pounds my squat is 350-400 my bench is only 190 I weigh 220 and 6,3. I take test boosters as of recently DAA,TRIBULUS,l,argine/citruline! Is TRT my only option?,will it permanently shut down my Natrual test?
Go to a different Dr. Only a moron would put a 18yr old on trt unless they tried everything and it was the absolute last resort. Also stop taking test boosters. Most don't work and daa can lower your test if it's at healthy levels. You prolly did it to your self. Stop taking supplements other then the basics. Vitamins. Creatine bcaas. Are fine. Pump products are fine. Lay off stimulants. This is a good place to start till you get a competent doctor

NATURALLYHARD

Awards
  • Established
I started taking DAA last month, and seen really good results same with TRIBULUS! I thought trt was the only way to fix low testosterone?and this could be my only opportunity to get trt

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I started taking DAA last month, and seen really good results same with TRIBULUS! I thought trt was the only way to fix low testosterone?and this could be my only opportunity to get trt
It's placebo effect buddy, guaranteed

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
There's a million ways to fix low test. They have to find out what's causing it. Trt is always the last option. And trt is for life!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You need to see a endo. Regular doctors don't know Jack about hormone replacement.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
+1

Please go see an endocrinologist!

Also, low free test is probably bc of high SHBG. If you didn't test for total test you have no idea what's what. If your total test is low and your LH is high then trt is on the table possibly. If not, if TT is normal and free test is low then trt is not a solution at all.

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree with the above to get a second opinion from a real endocrinologist. But I was put on TRT at 24 (diagnosed low test at 20), I had to fight for it, but it's one of the best things I've ever done.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
See an endocrinologist.
Low Total Test alone, is not reason to jump on TRT.

jdm23

Awards
  • Established
Look up Stan Efferdings Vertical diet concept. Eat like this for 6 months.

Get on private md labs and buy a blood test Total test, free t, e2, t3/t4, shbg , d3, cholesterol. Research your results, supp with vitamin D3 If it’s low.

Get a set sleep schedule, 10-6 or 11-7am ideally for your circadian rhythm.

Lift heavy weights 3-5 days a week. Do all this for 6 months and go get another blood test.

I’m 27 and I’m on trt but before I got on I did all of that,plus more before going to my Dr. at that point it was clearly a system problem and not an outside factor.

Last thing Is to read anything and everything related to health and hormones. Become a nerd so YOU can make the best decision for YOU. Don’t rely on us, and especially don’t rely on a dr unless you’re forced to.(legal prescriptions etc)

NATURALLYHARD

Awards
  • Established
I developed insomnia over the summer and that's when I lost my morning wood my doctor prescribed trazdone this week.

Steeleydan

Awards
  • Established
I know a fee people who intentionally crashed their test and went into get trt after a cycle. Not saying this is you, but if it is, you may find that its not quite as worth it in the long run to sacrifice good natty test for a life of high-normal trt doses.

That aside, there are a few other things they can try to get you up to normal, one being a clomid restart.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I agree with the above to get a second opinion from a real endocrinologist. But I was put on TRT at 24 (diagnosed low test at 20), I had to fight for it, but it's one of the best things I've ever done.
You could need 5 opinions. Finding a good doc is not easy