Do You Take A Multi And Which One?

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
I am on Anavite and Fitt Men (stacked) to get the proper dose. Anavite has great trace minerals but it is lacking in Calcium and Magnesium. Also low in copper and zinc. Fitt Men from Formutech certainly picks up the spare in this respect. B-Vitamins alone can detoxify estrogen in the liver and destroy androgens!

I want to maximize my testosterone boosters and prohormone cycle so I am stocking up on multi-vitamins!

EFFECT OF VITAMIN B COMPLEX DEFICIENCY ON INACTIVATION OF ESTRONE IN THE LIVER
MORTON S. BISKIND GERSON R. BISKIND
Endocrinology, Volume 31, Issue 1, 1 July 1942, Pages 109–114, https://doi.org/10.1210/endo-31-1-109
Published: 01 July 1942 Article history

Abstract
IN A PRELIMINARY NOTE (i) we have reported that deficiency of the vitamin B complex in female rats markedly diminishes the inactivation of estrone in the liver. Further study of this phenomenon, which is the subject of the present communication, shows that the inactivation mechanism, impaired by vitamin B deficiency, may be restored by addition of brewers yeast to the diet. Subsequent depletion of the diet is again capable of interfering with the destruction of estrone in the liver. The flow of estrogen through this organ can thus be controlled at will, by withholding the vitamin B complex or by restoring it to the diet.
Within a few years after the isolation of the first crystalline estrogen, it became apparent that this and related compounds are rapidly inactivated in the body. Much of the early literature has been reviewed elsewhere (a). Perhaps the earliest clue to the possibility that estrogen is destroyed by an organ or organs in the portal circulation was the observation by Evans and Burr in 1926 (3) that estrogen was more-effective when given subcutaneously than when administered intraperitoneally.

INACTIVATION OF TESTOSTERONE PROPIONATE IN THE LIVER DURING VITAMIN B COMPLEX DEFICIENCY. ALTERATION OF THE ESTROGEN-ANDROGEN EQUILIBRIUM1
MORTON S. BISKIND GERSON R. BISKIND
Endocrinology, Volume 32, Issue 1, 1 January 1943, Pages 97–102, https://doi.org/10.1210/endo-32-1-97
Published: 01 January 1943 Article history
Cite
Permissions
Abstract
IN PREVIOUS publications (1–3) we have reported that deficiency of the vitamin B complex in female rats seriously impairs the estrogen-inactivating function of the liver, and that this function can be restored by the addition of brewers2 yeast to the diet. The investigation presented here is concerned with the effect of vitamin B deficiency on hepatic inactivation of testosterone propionate. Unlike the estrogens, inactivation of this androgen in the liver is not significantly diminished in vitamin B complex deficiency.
It has been shown (4–6) that testosterone propionate and other androgens are normally inactivated in the liver. When pellets of androgen were implanted in the spleens of previously castrated rats so that the absorbed steroid must pass through the liver before reaching the systemic circulation, no androgenic effect could be detected. If the spleen containing the pellet was subsequently transplanted subcutaneously, and after establishment of a collateral circulation, its pedicle ligated, the specific effect became evident. Burrill and Greene (7) and Selye. (8) have provided confirmatory evidence that androgens are inactivated in the liver.

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I take TruMulti now from PES and Orange Triad lots in the past.

Maybe a PES rep can answer this for me, but why isn't there any Selenium in TruMulti? The formula is great except that.

Duality29

Duality29

Awards
I take Anavite, but I have ZMA at night to improve on its shortcomings. Plus I can tolerate quite a bit of dairy for my calcium intake. And I have almonds for constant snacking to get my daily copper intake

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
I find all of them to be lacking in one area or another. That's why I stack them both! It's astounding how much we spend on supplements and neglect the basics. I am guilty of this too! I just recently started taking them!

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I take Anavite, but I have ZMA at night to improve on its shortcomings. Plus I can tolerate quite a bit of dairy for my calcium intake. And I have almonds for constant snacking to get my daily copper intake
^^^^ me too. Exactly the same

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
I find all of them to be lacking in one area or another. That's why I stack them both! It's astounding how much we spend on supplements and neglect the basics. I am guilty of this too! I just recently started taking them!
Well said, Eric. I could go without everything else but I won't go a day without my MVP and ZMK.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lol wut? Is this a joke? You're using oral steroids and worrying about a multi vit? Arguably one of the dumbest things i've ever read.

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
lol wut? Is this a joke? You're using oral steroids and worrying about a multi vit? Arguably one of the dumbest things i've ever read.
I am not using oral steroids. lol What would lead you to that conclusion?

kelvarnsen

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Multi vitamins aren't going to help your "test boosters" because you're not gaining enough testosterone from a test booster that you're going to have a problem with it aromatizing

And if you need 2 multi vitamins to reach your daily vitamin values then your diet is complete s***.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Athletic Multi is the one I have been using for a long while now; I personally love the inclusion of Coq10.

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
Multi vitamins aren't going to help your "test boosters" because you're not gaining enough testosterone from a test booster that you're going to have a problem with it aromatizing

And if you need 2 multi vitamins to reach your daily vitamin values then your diet is complete s***.
Nah, it's just impossible to get minerals from the diet IMHO. I have an article on it and the benefits. Anavite has god trace minerals and Fitt Men has good macro-vitamins.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
6-KP currently.
LMAO just looked up what this thing is. Calling some unstudied compound that apparently falls under the adaptogen family a "prohormone" lol. Ya, with this type of crap you probably should try to spend more money to influence test production via vitamin/mineral supplementation lulz.

niklasericson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Alpha Men from MyProtein.

Vitamin D2
Vitamin E
Vitamin K
Vitamin C
Vitamin B1
Vitamin B2
Niacin
Vitamin B6
Folic Acid
Vitamin B12
Biotin
Pantothenic Acid
Potassium
Calcium
Phosphorus
Magnesium
Zinc
Copper
Manganese
Selenium
Chromium
Molybdenum
Choline
Korean Ginseng Extract
Alpha Lipoic Acid
Royal Jelly
Citrus Bioflavonoids
Kelp
Ginkgo Biloba Extract
Beta Carotene
Vitamin A
Green Tea Extract
Inositol
Bromelain
Lipase
Papain
Boron
Amylase
Co Q10
Lutein
Nettle Leaf Extract
Grape Seed Extract

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
LMAO just looked up what this thing is. Calling some unstudied compound that apparently falls under the adaptogen family a "prohormone" lol. Ya, with this type of crap you probably should try to spend more money to influence test production via vitamin/mineral supplementation lulz.
They always mock what they don't understand and that's fine. Everything new gets lambasted but trust me I believe in the stuff and the structure being similar to other 6-Keto anabolics (Laxogenin, Ecdysterone etc...) is a reasonable theory. :)

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
I have used Orange Triad, Anavite, Fit Men and Athletic Multi. I like Anavite the best

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
CTD Sports Multi Elite Whole Food Multivitamin

Very comprehensive profile.

Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 3 Tablets
Servings Per Container: 40

Amount Per Serving:
Folic Acid 400 mcg 100%
Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine Hydrochloride) 37.5 mg 1875%
Vitamin B12 (as Cyanocobalamin) 37.5 mcg 625%
Coenzyme Q-10 16.5 mg
Vitamin D (as Cholecalciferol) 400 iu 100%
Rutin 25 mg
Inositol 37.5 mg
Magnesium (as Magnesium Oxide) 250 mg 83%
Bromelain 8.25 mg
L-Glutamine 10 mg
Methionine 18.75 mg
Taurine 5 mg
Papain 8.25 mg
Iodine (as Kelp) 75 mcg 50%
Bee Pollen 16.5 mg
L-Glutathione 10 mg
Lycopene (from Tomato) 1000 mcg
Royal Jelly 3 mg
Bee Propolis 16.5 mg
N-Acetyl Cysteine 15 mg
Pancreatin 8.25 mg
Choline (as Choline Bitarate) 37.5 mg

Proprietary Sensuality Blend 5 mg: Caffeine (from Bancha) 30 mg
Thiamin (Vitamin B-1) (as Thiamin Mononitrate) 37.5 mg 2500%
Vitamin E (as d-alpha tocopherol succinate, mixed tocopherols) 200 iu 667%
Garlic Powder (Allium sativum) (bulb) 15 mg
Copper (as copper gluconate) 1 mg 50%
Chromium (as chromium picolinate) 50 mcg 42%
Biotin (as d-Biotin) 400 mcg 133% Selenium (as Selenomethione) 50 mcg 71% Vitamin A (as Beta-Carotene and Alpha-Carotene) 10000 iu 200%
Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid, Calcium Ascorbate and Ascorbyl Palmitate) 500 mg 833%
Riboflavin (Vitamin B-2) (as Riboflavin 5' Phosphate) 37.5 mg 2206%
Niacin (as Niacinamide and Inositol Hexaniacinate) 37.5 mg 188% Panothenic Acid (as d-Calcium Pantothenate) 37.5 mg 375%
Calcium (as Calcium Carbonate, Calcium Fumarate, Calcium Gluconate, Calcium Aspartate, Calcium Ascorbate, Calcium Malate, and Calcium Succinate) 500 mg 50%
Iron (as Ferrous Fumarate, Ferrous Amino Acid Chelate, Ferrous Bisglycinate, Ferrous Gluconate, Ferrous Aspartate, Ferrous Citrate, and Ferrous Succ.) 15 mg 83%
Zinc (as Zinc Citrate, Zinc Picolinate, Zinc Monomethionine, Zinc Gluconate, Zinc Aspartate, and Zinc Ascorbate) 25 mg 167%
Boron Complex (as Boron Asparatate and Boron Citrate) 1 mg
Boron Complex (as Boron Asparatate and Boron Citrate) 5 mg 250%
PABA (para-Aminobenzoic Acid) 37.5 mg Citrus Bioflavonoids (Citrus Limon)(Fruit) 150 mg
Hesperidin (Citrus Limon) (Fruit) 25 mg Betaine Hydrochloride 25 mg
Eluthero Siberian Root (Eleutherococcus senticosus)(root) 25 mg
Acidophilus (Lactobacillus, L-Bulgaricus, and L-Bifidus) 12.5 mg Spirullina/Chlorella (Chlorophyllins) 30 mg
Wheat Grass/Barley Grass (Chlorophyllins) 0
Omega 3 and Omega 6 Lips 600 mg
Licorica Extract (glycyrrhizin)(Glycyrrhizaglabra)(root) 12.5 mg
Bilbery Extract (Anthocyanins)(Caccinium myrtillus)(fruit) 12.5 mg
Garlic Complex (Extract, Macerate)(allium sativum)(bulb) 50 mg Polyphenol Complex (Red Wine Concentrate, Green Tea Extract (Camellia sinensis)(leaf)) 15 mg

Vegetable Complex (Broccoli, Celery, Cauliflower, Cabbage, Brussels Sprouts, Yams, Kale, Carrots, Collard Greens, and Spinach) 50 mg - Citrus Complex (Lemon, Lime, Tangerine, Grapefruit, and Orange) 50 mg - Shark Complex (Cartilage and Squalene Oil) 30 mg

Mushroom Complex (Reishi, Shiitake, and Maitake) 15 mg
Vitamin Co-Factor Complex (Pyridoxal 5' Phosphate, Dibencozide, Pantethine) 5000 mcg
Carotenoid Complex (Zeaxanithin, Cryptoxanthine, Lutein, Lycopene) 1000 mcg
Lutein (Purified from Extracted Marigolds) 1000 mcg
Lipoic Acid (Alpha/R-Alpha Lipoic) 1000 mcg
Tocotrienols (from Rice) 1000 mg

Humble

Humble

Awards
  • Established
It’s the iPhone 10 XR. For some reason it won’t let me attach photos. Had to use my old iPhone 6s.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Picked up Garden of Life Mykind Organics Multi yesterday. Looks pretty good/basic (no ridiculously large doses of anything). However, even though it seems a bit pricey at first glance (about $0.60/tablet), I wonder how it's not much more expensive if the listed vitamins are really obtained only from the listed organic foods (all natural).

Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 1 Tablet
Servings per Container: 60
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value

Vitamin A (as beta carotene from Organic Annatto) 5000 IU 100%
Vitamin C (from Organic Amla Berry) 60 mg 100%
Vitamin D (D3 from Lichen) 1000 IU 250%
Vitamin E (from Organic Annatto) 30 IU 100%
Vitamin K (K Complex with K2 MK-7 from Natto) 80 mcg 100%
Thiamin (Vitamin B1 from Organic Guava) 2 mg 130%
Riboflavin (Vitamin B2 from Organic Guava) 2 mg 120%
Niacin (from Organic Holy Basil) 20 mg 100%
Vitamin B6 (from Organic Holy Basil) 10 mg 500%
Folate (from Organic Lemon) 400 mcg 100%
Vitamin B12 (Methylcobalamin from Saccharomyces cerevisiae) 18 mcg 300%
Biotin (from Organic Sesbania grandiflora) 300 mcg 100%
Pantothenic Acid (from Organic Holy Basil) 10 mg 100%
Calcium (from Organic Wrightia tinctoria) 5 mg 2%
Magnesium (from Organic Lantana camara) 2 mg 2%
Zinc (from Organic Guava) 5 mg 35%
Selenium (from Organic Guava) 70 mcg 100%
Manganese (from Organic Guava) 1 mg 50%
Chromium (from Organic Moringa) 120 mcg 100%

Certified Organic Men's Daily Food Blend 603 mg *
Organic Sesbania grandiflora (leaf), Organic Apple (fruit), Organic Guava (fruit & leaf), Organic Amla Berry (fruit), Organic Holy Basil (leaf), Organic Annatto (fruit & seed), Organic Moringa (leaf), Organic Lemon (peel), Organic Beet (root), Organic Broccoli (stalk & flower), Organic Carrot (root), Organic Spinach (leaf), Organic Tomato (fruit), Organic Strawberry (fruit), Organic Lantana camara (aerial), Organic Wrightia tinctoria (aerial), Organic Cherry (fruit), Organic Blackberry (fruit), Organic Green Bell Pepper (fruit), Organic Brussels Sprout (leaf), Organic Ginger (root), Organic Blueberry (fruit), Organic Garlic (bulb), Organic Green Onion (bulb), Organic Raspberry (fruit), Organic Parsley (leaf), Organic Cauliflower (flower & stem), Organic Red Cabbage (leaf), Organic Kale (leaf), Organic Cucumber (gourd), Organic Celery (stalk), Organic Asparagus (flower & stem)

*Daily value not established.

Other Ingredients: Clean tablet technology™ blend (patent pending): Organic tapioca dextrose, organic gum arabic, organic brown rice (concentrate and extract), organic potato starch, organic coating (organic tapioca maltodextrin, organic sunflower lecithin, organic palm oil, organic guar gum).

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I use Klean Athlete but only take 1 and a half tabs and take an extra methylfolate. I can’t tolerate too much Methyl b12 but without any I get brain fog and such but the garbage b12 (cyanocobalamin) does nothing.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I use Klean Athlete but only take 1 and a half tabs and take an extra methylfolate. I can’t tolerate too much Methyl b12 but without any I get brain fog and such but the garbage b12 (cyanocobalamin) does nothing.
What happens when you take too much B12? I haven’t heard of that before.

Farlesworth

Farlesworth

Awards
I've been using Controlled Labs Orange Triad for years and years. Also a joint support and digestion/immune support, 45 day supply per bottle. Good chelated forms of minearls, etc, good stuff.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I also take OT. The king IMO. Wish it had some more boron but with everything youre getting there its tough to complain. NP recently had it on sale for 15$ a bottle which lasts 45 days at full dosing.