Do you notice anything from Tribulus?

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Honest question .

Do you guys notice anything in terms of gym performance when it comes to tribulus? Or is it mainly just a libido boost?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I get neither out of it. I personally think it is overhyped, and you can invest your money in far better things (Essentials), and focus more on dietary needs to help with libido boost (proper surplus and fat intake)

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’ve heard good things about Tribestan but it’s not readily available. A bunch of online stores used to carry it in the U.S. but for whatever reason, they don’t anymore. Hi-Tech has a version out they claim is comparable but I don’t see any reviews for it.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I get neither out of it. I personally think it is overhyped, and you can invest your money in far better things (Essentials), and focus more on dietary needs to help with libido boost (proper surplus and fat intake)
Whole eggs ftw. Yeah I was just curious. I tried it a couple years ago because I got a free bottle of metrx tribulus. Noticed nothing

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’ve heard good things about Tribestan but it’s not readily available. A bunch of online stores used to carry it in the U.S. but for whatever reason, they don’t anymore. Hi-Tech has a version out they claim is comparable but I don’t see any reviews for it.
Oh yes, tribestan did seem promising for actually boosting test for muscle building properties but as you said it’s pretty low key. I may give it a shot now that my training and diet is on par. I’m just curious on boosting testosterone in small periods as in a pre workout setting. If you can get it high , I wonder the benefits. Obviously it’s not that same as having constant test increase in your body as what synthetic would do

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There use to be a sponsor here, apparently their Trib was awesome. Unfortunately they don't ship to Australia, and doubt I'm allowed to mention their name

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You want an extract for 20% protodioscin. Plenty of data showing its effective.
Interesting! So most of the cheap tribulus is just basic trib and basic trib is ineffective, but the extracts are what create the results?

Any source for it?

Thanks brother

Edit: NVM found a couple companies

Last edited:

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
There use to be a sponsor here, apparently their Trib was awesome. Unfortunately they don't ship to Australia, and doubt I'm allowed to mention their name
Hmm , must be a quality thing? I’d assume you can post it since it’s just a natty otc supp

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Makes my skin super oily. Lol Also seems to boost libido but nothing gym performance wise. Has been years since I used it. Really boosting your t levels a few points aren’t going to help with muscle gains. I believe some of the modern test boosters do work just not through boosting t levels. Lots actually have adaptogena in them.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Makes my skin super oily. Lol Also seems to boost libido but nothing gym performance wise. Has been years since I used it. Really boosting your t levels a few points aren’t going to help with muscle gains. I believe some of the modern test boosters do work just not through boosting t levels. Lots actually have adaptogena in them.
Interesting that it makes your skin oily though. I never got that but anytime skin gets more oily could be hormonal fluctuation 🤔. I know biotin can do this too but that’s through a non hormonal mechanism. Still sucks though lol

roidsarebad

roidsarebad

Awards
Not sure if it’s really the tribulus, but a test booster I take for my broken down beanbag has trib in it, and I definitely notice a difference when I run it. It’s a concoction of most commonly used natural products in test boosters. Can’t say it helps any with strength, but it does help me with low libido.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I recall the short lived availability of Tribulus aquaticus...it boosted my libido to crazy new heights the first time I used it. After that, nada.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I recall the short lived availability of Tribulus aquaticus...it boosted my libido to crazy new heights the first time I used it. After that, nada.
It’s still out there. Different company though. Precision Research Primal.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Interesting but seems like most
Will agree that trib is simply a libido booster which didn’t do much for me . I remember feeling aggressive 20 mins after taking it but it wore off. I don’t give that much power anyway

Curious about a possible transdermal trib @nostrum420 🤔

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Interesting but seems like most
Will agree that trib is simply a libido booster which didn’t do much for me . I remember feeling aggressive 20 mins after taking it but it wore off. I don’t give that much power anyway

Curious about a possible transdermal trib @nostrum420 🤔
Ummm... I've never really looked into it, tbh.

SMS

SMS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Animal stack helped at gym, but haven´t used it again… tried other tribulus companies, but not found any good reliable source,

bodybuilding (40% extract) version of tribulus made me sleep like a baby and wake up recovered no matter how hard the day was, of course, after the first run of couple of bottles, never felt the same again. (you can call that placebo, but never expected anything like that from tribulus run)

tried alone 90-95% but it did nothing..

currently trying to find out a balanced % with good % of protodioscin.. but around my country is very difficult.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have shared this in other threads but back in the day nutribio’s tribulous made my libido and aggression skyrocket. Was stacking high doses with maca and ashwaganda and I remember thinking that it honestly felt similar to running 500mg of test. My body adapted tho and these effects tapered off after some months

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Surprised an actual pharmaceutical company makes it
I've been toying with the idea of running sopharma tribestan. It's the og, and apparently the best you can buy. I just worry a bit that it might be knockoff stuff, but I could always return it at that store.

Barlows has a high protodioscin product as well.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i dont mind trib .. but yeah mostly just libido boost and i feel a quick wake up feel on it

but that was a while ago and was on cheap ON trib

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
QUALITY Trib doesn't get the credit it deserves, and there are many benefits people don't talk about. Case in point: It lowers muscle damage*. In fact in this study, it cut Creatine Kinase (CK) levels almost in half. For everyone that's susceptible to Rhabdomyolosis (certain ethnic groups, those using statins, crossfit lol), this literally could be a lifesaver.

*https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2095254615001271

The furostanolic saponins in Trib also benefit the heart and provide better erections, likely due to greater nitric oxide (NO) production. There's also research supporting the fact it can increase HDL and lower LDL cholesterol. Given all of that, I think it's a must if you're older, using "super supplements" or both.

On the performance enhancement front, there's some research pointing to higher IGF-1 levels. Thus far though, all studies looking at more muscle, faster training adaptations have come up short. Personally, I really enjoy running quality Trib if for nothing else than the increase in libido. I also feel my work capacity is increased in the gym, again probably going back to greater blood flow. Trib's been around since the late 80's/early 90's..... because people feel something from it. Whether that something is worth it to you, is an individual matter...

Last edited:
jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
QUALITY Trib doesn't get the credit it deserves, and there are many benefits people don't talk about. Case in point: It lowers muscle damage*. In fact in this study, it cut Creatine Kinase (CK) levels almost in half. For everyone that's susceptible to Rhabdomyolosis (certain ethnic groups, those using statins, crossfit lol), this literally could be a lifesaver.

*https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2095254615001271

The furostanolic saponins in Trib also benefit the heart and provide better erections, likely due to greater nitric oxide (NO) production. There's also research supporting the fact it can increase HDL and lower LDL cholesterol. Given all of that, I think it's a must if you're older, using "super supplements" or both.

On the performance enhancement front, there's some research pointing to higher IGF-1 levels. Thus far though, all studies looking at more muscle, faster training adaptations have come up short. Personally, I really enjoy running quality Trib if for nothing else than the increase in libido. I also feel my work capacity is increased in the gym, again probably going back to greater blood flow. Trib's been around since the late 80's/early 90's..... because people feel something from it. Whether that something is worth it to you, is an individual matter...
Where do you buy quality trib?

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I have shared this in other threads but back in the day nutribio’s tribulous made my libido and aggression skyrocket. Was stacking high doses with maca and ashwaganda and I remember thinking that it honestly felt similar to running 500mg of test. My body adapted tho and these effects tapered off after some months
Same. I definitely noticed aggression on tribulus

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Assuming protodioscin is the active, it wouldn't work as a TD. It's too large a molecule to pass the corneum stratum.
Never mind 😂. Would have to find another metabolite ? May not even be effective in this case.

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I don t think you can do better than tribestan, made by a pharmaceutical group, try it if this one does not work I have high doubt any other one from a supplement group will work.

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Will probably recommend a product called Adaptogen N.
AN is an excellent product, but I recommend standalone Trib be used first to "baseline" your future comparisons. In that category, I like both Tribestan and Vemo's Bulgarian Trib. Tonvara's Tribulus Alatus should also be on your radar, as the data surrounding its abilty to boost test higher vs. Tribulus Terrestris is quite interesting. Once you've established what the standalone stuff can do for you, you can then see if combo products (w/Longjax, DHEA, Suma/Rhaponticum etc.) outperform it. You can also determine if the additional costs of said products is worth it*. Right now, I'm using Tribestan and find it extremely consistent. I've been using it on and off since its introduction into the US Market circa the early 90's.

* I do feel strongly that quality Trib/Ecdysterone is about as good a 1-2 punch as you can get, at least from truly natural products. Will you see steroid like results? No, but you for sure will recover much faster from high intensity exercise, improve your work capacity and also improve your bloodwork (i.e. Ecdy is dynamite for lowering blood sugar, as well as cholesterol). Along w/ creatine and EAA's, most athletes would do well to adapt this combo.

EDIT: I'm told by Danes (someone with more Ecdy/Trib experience than virtually anyone here) that Tribulyze is also excellent. Although I haven't used it, I value his opinion quite highly. That might be another option for you, at least insofar as standalone Trib is concerned.

Last edited:
TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It works, but you gotta get that like $70 dollar one that's super duper extracted on Amazon.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
AN is an excellent product, but I recommend standalone Trib be used first to "baseline" your future comparisons. In that category, I like both Tribestan and Vemo's Bulgarian Trib. Tonvara's Tribulus Alatus should also be on your radar, as the data surrounding its abilty to boost test higher vs. Tribulus Terrestris is quite interesting. Once you've established what the standalone stuff can do for you, you can then see if combo products (w/Longjax, DHEA, Suma/Rhaponticum etc.) outperform it. You can also determine if the additional costs of said products is worth it*. Right now, I'm using Tribestan and find it extremely consistent. I've been using it on and off since its introduction into the US Market circa the early 90's.

* I do feel strongly that quality Trib/Ecdysterone is about as good a 1-2 punch as you can get, at least from truly natural products. Will you see steroid like results? No, but you for sure will recover much faster from high intensity exercise, improve your work capacity and also improve your bloodwork (i.e. Ecdy is dynamite for lowering blood sugar, as well as cholesterol). Along w/ creatine and EAA's, most athletes would do well to adapt this combo.

EDIT: I'm told by Danes (someone with more Ecdy/Trib experience than virtually anyone here) that Tribulyze is also excellent. Although I haven't used it, I value his opinion quite highly. That might be another option for you, at least insofar as standalone Trib is concerned.
Haven’t seen @Danes post much lately. He still around? I guess I could check his profile...

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Was Prime Trib? Jacob sent me 4 bottles to run when it came out because I was a skeptic. Didn't notice much from it. Was honest.
Prime was not Trib... and it did nothing.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i believe it was Tribulus Aquaticus Extract, which is water chestnut

but yeah not surprised it didnt do as advertised

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
i believe it was Tribulus Aquaticus Extract, which is water chestnut

but yeah not surprised it didnt do as advertised
Touche, I stand corrected... maybe I was thinking of Pink Magic... 😇

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Touche, I stand corrected... maybe I was thinking of Pink Magic... 😇
oh yea that was Massularia Acuminate i believe .. i actually wanted to test that ingredient along with lodhra bark .. but never got to it .. but yeah failed miserably