Do you guys have friends in real life?

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
After getting married and having a kid...I don't really have any friends. Married friends rarely call as well. Work colleagues only talk about work and after office hours, you don't exist to them anymore. Could be the Covid blues...
Anyone in a similar position?

Hypnotic traveling

Hypnotic traveling

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Agreed here. Down to roughly two true friends outside of my work circle. However, my work friends have become more then just work friends. Most of my time outside of work is spent (happily) with my girlfriend and our three children. There’s honestly not too much time for a social life during this period of our lives, but I make an effort to at least keep in touch.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Also you don’t have to be that way I just prefer it. Love doing family stuff. I’d rather be out hiking with my family instead of sitting at a bar with friends. Bike riding, sled riding, at the park throwing the football. All stuff I love doing. Now if a child good friend comes in from out of town of coarse I’ll do swim thing with them. It’s rare though.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Kat and I are really good friends. I have two friends in town but we rarely catch up. I wish I had a big group of friends, but I just suck at making friends or keeping them. 🤷🏻‍♀️

TinyNutzzz

TinyNutzzz

Awards
Yes, and I am very social/talkative, but deep down I am introverted so I never actually hang out with any lol. Just people I see on a day to day. It's weird.
Bro I totally get it. It's like I'll talk your ear off and can get along and bs with anyone but once I get home NO ONE EXIST anymore but me and I truly csnt figure it the fuxk out. My bros will be all let's go pussy and I'll have 29 excuses or won't answer the calls n texts. Covid really got me acting introvert as fuxk too

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My neighbors all turned in to some really good friends. We all have kids close to the same age and all enjoy hanging out together on weekends. We even rented a beach house a couple years ago for vacation. All great people. Very fortunate to have such great neighbors turn into such great friends. We all take turns hosting each other, cooking and hosting cocktails.
My coworkers laugh and call us swingers. Lol. They're just jealous that none of us have to drive anywhere for fun.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Bro I totally get it. It's like I'll talk your ear off and can get along and bs with anyone but once I get home NO ONE EXIST anymore but me and I truly csnt figure it the fuxk out. My bros will be all let's go pussy and I'll have 29 excuses or won't answer the calls n texts. Covid really got me acting introvert as fuxk too
This is me almost exactly. I honestly don't understand myself at times lol. Glad I am not the only one

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
@TinyNutzzz For a long period of time, talking to people would rob me of my energy.

TinyNutzzz

TinyNutzzz

Awards
I get it bro. Its like you put such effort into pretending to give a ****, But it physically and mentally drains you... Happy clown smiling and laughing on the outside while the Sad Clown eats away at your inside

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I get it bro. Its like you put such effort into pretending to give a ****, But it physically and mentally drains you... Happy clown smiling and laughing on the outside while the Sad Clown eats away at your inside
I do take some people into consideration and do care which is why it's so tiring. When people vent on me, I take it home.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I go on vacation with my coworkers.

I’m a fcuking loser…. 🥴

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is me almost exactly. I honestly don't understand myself at times lol. Glad I am not the only one
You aren't at all. I consider myself a hybrid model, lol. We (my wife and I) have multiple circles of friends and I have 3-4 groups of guys I do various activities with, not to mention all my daughter's sports parents we see regularly, so we are around friends and people 4-5 days a week and I am always really social and will talk to anyone. But as soon as I am alone at home, I need to recharge the battery, I don't get energy from being around people I use it up. Nothing I like better than driving by myself and thinking or just sitting and staring with no one talking or asking me anything.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Over the past two or three years I have been investing more time in friendships. Several of of us get together regularly, for example about 10 or 12 of us are getting together Tuesday night.

These are guys I worked with 40+ years ago at a So Cal Theme Park, on a well known ride. The friendships are along the lines of guys you were team mates with or in a Frat with (I played college BB but was never in a Frat). I am proud to have these guys in my corner, all these years later.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice to see most of you having some quality social time :giggle: You know what, if there was every an Anabolic Minds Forum meetup, I'd love to meet you guys (y)

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have no life outside of family, work, gym, more work and sleep. I’m fine with this

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have no life outside of family, work, gym, more work and sleep. I’m fine with this

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
My position changed a bit over the last year, pre covid my social life was all around the gym I owned. Because of the nature of the place a lot of the members I would class as friends and my business partner was my best mate. So whilst we rarely did stuff outside the gym I had a lot of interaction with people that weren’t my family (my wife also lifted at the gym so we had a lot of joint friends etc).

found out my best mate was fucking my wife and obviously closed the gym, was right at the start of lockdown in the uk and I was homeschooling my kids and working from home so I went from seeing lots of people to seeing no one for a bit.

but what did happen was old friends I hadn’t seen for years were there for me and we are tighter again now, people from the gym that were friends but not close friends I became closer with and I found out who really had my back.

I also put myself out there socially and have settled into a nice place where I probably have 10-12 close friends I see or speak to regularly plus other people I know from boxing or the new gym I’m involved in.

💯 it changes after kids though and it’s really easy to just get into that work, family, home lifestyle (nothing wrong with that at all if it’s keeping you happy). I think after kids you have to work harder at friendships and it seems to be more effort.
Obviously worth it if it means something to you though

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
found out my best mate was fucking my wife and obviously closed the gym, was right at the start of lockdown in the uk and I was homeschooling my kids and working from home so I went from seeing lots of people to seeing no one for a bit.
I am sorry to hear that. I had a "friend" and ex-wife like that, too.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
After getting married and having a kid...I don't really have any friends. Married friends rarely call as well. Work colleagues only talk about work and after office hours, you don't exist to them anymore. Could be the Covid blues...
Same man. No true friends in the town I moved to that my wife is from. 2 kids, another on the way in 6 weeks. Really no social life since kids. Besides with my inlaws and their friends at a cabin which we go to every weekend. Not sure where I would be without them. I work, play with my kids, train dogs, maybe lift and Netflix too much. I have 3 old high school friends who I talk to and can always rely on if I truely need something. I am betting as my kids get older I will become more social.

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yh i can sadly report that i have 1 person i would call an actual friend and i dont see him more than a couple times a month sometimes not even that. All my good school friends have moved on and so have i, that just life and growth for you. Circumstances do tend to pull people apart as time goes on, unless your lucky or work hard to cultivate new relationships you end up with few to no real friends, it's not great but dont take it as a reflection on yourself or let it get you down, you can change the situation if you want to.

Bunshichi

Awards
  • Established
Can I pin someone if I come? 🤭
For sure :D

I think I do have real friends. However they all live at least 150 km away from me, so I only see them a couple of times a year at most.

Happily, I met most of them in university together with my girlfriend so most are joint friends.

For some strange reason however I mostly make female friends. Would not even know one guy close enough to be my groomsman once I marry

Last edited:
puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Can I pin someone if I come? 🤭
i seem to recall we had this discussion on another thread once and @Mathb33 was also involved 😂

but **** yeah you can stab me, it got old real quick doing it myself, would love someone to do it 👌

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
We should each fill our needles as normal but then throw them in a bowl and let whoever wants to pin people pull one out at random and crack on. As some extra excitement as you also don’t know what your being pinned with 🤣

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
For the longest time I would have said I have hundreds of real friends, some of them I went out with 2-3 nights a week to drink and shoot pool. Some others I hung out with almost every weekend just chilling out drinking and doing dumb shyt but always a great time. I use to constantly get invited to parties or mini vacations or just to hit the bars on the beach in the summer. Then I quit drinking, and I realized the common grounds we all had for hanging out was partying and drinking. Out of what seemed like a neverending group of ppl to chill with turned into maybe 10-12 ppl that I text with 1-2 times a week and hang out with maybe 1 time a month. Funny enough that small group of ppl left were mostly the ppl I stayed friends with after high school. So while yes I have real friends, not nearly as many as I thought. Just a whole bunch of acquaintances

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Man, I really wish I read the whole thread before I replied, I'm outta here

🏃🏃🏃🏃🏃🏃