Do steroids or niddles cause abscess

john2323

Awards
Hi there
I have a question. Started my first cycle of test 400 a week and on my first shot of 200 I got an infection of bruising and swelling 30 mins later. One week later still bruised and swelling increased. Went to hospital and needed surgery because it was an abscess infection and was removed. Is this from my steroid? Or the niddle maybe I went to deep . Appreciate some advise and answers . Thank you

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I believe it def comes from that injection, dont think the depth matters .. more so with bacterial/infection .. i dont pin much but interested in the topic

@WesleyInman have any insight on it ? also ive kinda noticed a bump (abscess) and within a week it went away .. something concerning when you see it ?

CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yikes that sucks! As long as you used a new sterile needle that shouldn't have caused it. Must have got some bad gear. I've been on TRT since 2019 so roughly 150 injections and I've never even had PIP.

G34RS

G34RS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Any break in the skin can cause an infection and abscess, it doesn’t have to have come from steroids. Presuming the gear is clean, it shouldn’t cause an abscess as long as you’re switching up your injection sites regularly.

As far as the needle going too deep, that really isn’t much of a concern unless you hit a bone, organ, nerve, major artery, etc. A deeper injection will usually be less painful and allow for better absorption, but if your gear is dirty or you don’t have sanitary injection practices, that depth will also cause a more severe infection.

Typically once an infection reaches past the first couple layers of skin, it will often necessitate more aggressive treatment.

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Man, this got double posted and I replied to the other one.

Oh well! These guys gave solid answers.

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
This makes no sense to go straight to surgery. Are you sure you are stating the situation correctly?

If you had an actual abcess infection they would have put you on IV antibiotics. You would be very sick, fever and possibly vomiting. An infection is very serious because if the infection escapes the abcess (which is actually a protective function of the body) and spread to the bloodstream and heart, you can die. You would likely have streaking at the area, which looks like your girlfriend took her nails to your skin and ripped your skin in a fashion away from the injection spot. First step they would lance the area, which is not surgery. This is usually a mild sedation and then they use a scalpel, slice and allow the area to drain. I have even seen times where they allow the wound to stay open for days, with gauze in it. I have even heard of crazier stories with abcesses where they pack it with maggots to allow the maggots to eat away the rotted flesh and bacteria, but that is much rarer.

Out of thousands of clients I have only ever seen a few AAS induced "abcesses" in 25+ years. Several of them were from INJ winstrol. In the hospital I saw tons of other abcesses, naturally occurring, spider bites, etc, etc.

So yes, gear can cause an abcess, especially if contaminated. Or even if the BA% is too high. Or in your case bc its T400.

Hard to believe you had bruising in 30mins sir. The only way this is possible is if this was actually a "hemotoma", which is different from an abcess. This has fresh bleeding internally and and does swell rapidly. It does cause pain and tenderness. Again a hemotoma, you can remove blood and puss and usually "draining" the area is all that is needed. That's "if" an oral antibiotic like BACTRIM is given alongside 800mgs of ibuprofen and that doesn't work.

No matter what the facts are here sir, the one fact is that T400 almost always has PIP and packs a nasty punch. In no way is it for an amateur, and in fact it's really not usually good for an expert. Regardless of how knowledgeable you are you still cannot always avoid an abcess or hematoma.

Toss the T400 and don't even go remotely near that injection site again sir for many many months as that area will be sensitive to inflammation, pre-abcess, etc, for a very long time tbh.

Good luck.